Royal Kona Resort Reviews

96 Reviews for Royal Kona Resort

96 Royal Kona Resort Reviews

Jaime · Getting married on 10/12/2019

Extremely Satisfied!

We couldn’t have been happier!

Royal Kona Resort 1
    Royal Kona Resort 2

Thereza · Getting married on 01/12/2019

Unfortunately I could not have my wedding here at the Royal Kona Resort but I had to write a review on Ashely. She just awesome, she was so patient with me, I emailed her so many times, asking so many questions and she would email me back with answers in a heartbeat. She's very understanding and caring. When you're going crazy planning a wedding this is where you need to be to have a smooth and professional service.

• Michelle

Michelle Okazawa · Married on 10/27/2018

Royal Kona is the best choice and value

Getting married at Royal Kona Resort was the best choice! We had the best day and all the staff and vendors were flexible and great to work with! Planning a destination wedding is hard enough but the quick responsiveness and the friendliness of the staff made it easy!

Royal Kona Resort 3
    Royal Kona Resort 10
    Royal Kona Resort 11
    Royal Kona Resort 12

Claire · Married on 10/25/2018

Ashley is a wedding planning superstar!

My wife and I couldn’t be happier with our wedding at the Royal Kona Resort! It got a little bumpy with our wedding planner leaving the resort about a month before the wedding, but it was a blessing in disguise (no offense to anyone). We couldn’t be happier with our experience with Ashley! She took over as our planner, and she picked up right where our other planner left off. Ashley and her team (Kayli and Kealea) were really professional and paid attention to detail! They were thorough in our prewedding meeting as well as the rehearsal. The two brides felt SO relaxed before the wedding, because we were in good hands. Even though we started almost an hour late, we didn’t feel rushed or pressured. They were all cool, calm and collected. Thank you!!

We also loved all the vendors that were provided to us in our package...Michaela, Bula, our hula dancer, and even the photo booth. There was one small mix up with the selection of vodka (my wife is a little selective about her liquor), but Ashley went up and beyond to ensure that it was rectified.

Thank you again Ashley and team! We would definitely recommend this venue 100%!! The view from our room was also stunning!! No complaints here!! Again, mahalo!

• Tiarne

Tiarne · Married on 10/19/2018

Amazing wedding venue!

It can be hard organising a wedding from over seas, but the lovely ladies at Royal Kona made it so easy for my partner and I with their professionalism and trusted knowledge! The venue set up, service, buffet menu and everything else was a dream come true and such a magical night. Royal Kona was a beautiful place to get married and my partner and I will be back for our anniversary! Thanks ladies X

Royal Kona Resort 13
    Royal Kona Resort 14
    Royal Kona Resort 15
    Royal Kona Resort 16
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/18/2018

Our Happily Ever After at RKR

We had so much fun during our wedding week at Royal Kona Resort! I mmediatley wished we could have our wedding on repeat everyday!!! Everything went simply perfect thanks to our wedding coordinator Ashley, Mia (make-up), Lauren (hair) and the crew at the Royal Kona.

• Natosha

Natosha Mckinney-Gonzalez · Married on 10/06/2018

Royal Kona Resort for a royal treat!!

We were just married at the Royal Kona Resort on 10/6/18 in a stunning private lagoon ceremony. My wedding coordinator, Ashley, coordinated every last detail. She took ALL of the stress of the wedding planning and streamlined the entire process. Our ceremony was followed by a spectacular private sunset dinner atop a hill overlooking the same private lagoon. We had a private chef, private butler and private musician for our dinner. Every last detail was executed with perfection! Throughout our wedding day, EVERY person enlisted for our wedding services (wedding coordinator, officiant, photographer, assistant photographer, videographer, florist, chef, butler and musician) provided personalized, professional, courteous, friendly and enthusiastic service. We felt like we were the only people at the resort! Combine amazing service with a picturesque and stunning location/venue minus the headache of wedding planning and you get a destination wedding delight! Thank you to Royal Kona Resort and staff for providing such a wonderful destination wedding experience!!! We were so thrilled that we opted to have a 14 day destination wedding/honeymoon instead of the usual 1 day traditional wedding back home! We look forward to celebrating anniversaries in the years to come at the Royal Kona Resort. I STRONGLY recommend Royal Kona Resort for your destination wedding!!!

Royal Kona Resort 17
    Royal Kona Resort 24
    Royal Kona Resort 25

Hiroko Saito · Married on 09/25/2018

The Best in Kona!

If you are getting married on Big Island in kona, you cannot fonwrong with the breathtaking views at the venue at Royal Kona Resort. Officiant Thomas will complete your Hawaiian experience and exceed your expectations to the fullest. The music by Bula was perfectly moving. Definitely have Bula perform “Over the Rainbow”!!! We finished off the wedding celebration with their Luau. You cannot miss this amazing event to make your important day complete. We will be back to visit for our future anniversaries to come, even though we will never forget the day the team at Royal Kona Resort created for us and our family. Thank you to the awesome team at the Royal Kona Resort. Mahalo!

• Kathy

Kathy · Married on 09/21/2018

Thank You For Our Memorable Wedding!

The Team at Royal Kona Resort's Romance Center is simply the BEST! The entire group of wedding guests join Jim and I in thanking you and the Team at Royal Kona Resort for the "Best Wedding They Have Every Been To”! We all had a great time and I heard the quote above more times than people who attended.
    The flow and cadence of the evening was perfect, Coleman Kealoha Kaopua ‘Our Officiant’ was magical, the food & beverages were superb, the Luau show and performers were unbeleavably great and the whole evening became one of the most beautiful and memory producing events of our lives.

We are extremely grateful to you and all on the Royal Kona Resort team for the many varied talents and expertise that went into putting our wedding together! We now know the true meaning of 'Aloha’. Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

P.S. It also helped that all at the Royal Kona from the check-in desk to the clean-up crew were exceptional hospitality hosts. And I mean, everyone.

• Amy

Amy Davies · Married on 09/20/2018

Fantastic Day

My husband and I have recently been married at the Royal Kona Resort and it was fantastic! We could not fault the timely communications and all the support we received leading up to the day let alone how the team managed and coordinated the actual wedding day! It was perfect from start to finish. Everyone involved was extremely professional but friendly and we could not have wished for more. Everything was completed via email and they captured exactly what we hoped for, especially the wedding flowers, centrepieces, and decorations. Nothing was rushed or forced the team totally supported our vision throughout the whole process. We would thoroughly recommend the Royal Kona Resort and their fabulous Wedding Team you will not be disappointed as the setting and effort placed on making us feel special was magical, so thank you so much!

Royal Kona Resort 26
    Royal Kona Resort 27
    Royal Kona Resort 28
    Royal Kona Resort 29

Harriet Kwong · Married on 09/19/2018

Wedding at Royal Kona -091918

I am so glad we chose Royal Kona Resort to host our wedding. Kimberly was amazing in answering all my questions very quickly and in great detail. She is so friendly over email, and I'm glad I was able to meet her in person before her last day working there. Ashley was wonderful on site, helping us with the rehearsal and making the ceremony go smoothly. She got my wedding group great seats together so we were able to enjoy the luau unobstructed. I would definitely recommend anyone to have their wedding here. Absolutely the best. Thank you! Mahalo!

Miranda · Married on 08/08/2018

Well done. Seriously, if I could give the resort higher than a 5/5 rating I would instantly do it. They far exceeded my expectations as the food was great, the wedding planning went smoothly, and the whole experience was everything I had imagined and more. The wedding planners and on site coordinator really helped make everything fantastic. If you're not sure where to have a destination wedding in Hawaii, I would say this is the place.

shelin · Married on 03/29/2018

We wanted a very intimate beach wedding for ourselves are our 3 children. Kim Canario, wedding planner and Ashley Akamu, wedding manger helped us to organize the perfect Hawaiian wedding. Our day started with beauty pampering from Beauty Lux Salon. Nails by Bobbie, Hair by Maddie and Makeup by Malia, all experts at their craft. These ladies put my daughter and I instantly at ease and made us gorgeous! Next a relaxed lunch for the ladies followed by swim in the pool for the guys. As sunset approached we picked up our orchid bouquets prepared by Ilima Flowers and made our way to the beach, just steps from our room. The bridle path was strewn with orchid petals and Hawaiian music played for the bridal march. Dard performed a beautiful, not too long non-denominational ceremony for us, complete with lots of Hawaiian references. Sunset photos with Sheri and Max from Kelilina Photography followed. They were both very professional and made sure we got the shots we wanted. Then we enjoyed beautiful 4 course meal served on the beach with a private chef and butler. Live guitar music provided by Charles Grace so that we could dance by moonlight. Very romantic, very relaxed, a night we will never forget. Highly recommend Royal Kona resort and all the vendors the picked for us, great service and great value!

Taylor · Married on 03/29/2018

I knew I wanted to have my wedding in Kona, just not sure where. I chose the Royal Kona Resort mainly because I knew the area of Alii Drive and it seemed like a great resort that most of my family and friends could afford. I also liked the packages they offered as I was on a budget. We got married on March 29, 2018 and it was the most spectacular day of our lives and our family and friends are still saying it was the best wedding they had ever been to. The Royal Kona wedding team was above and beyond my expectations. I mostly worked with Leslie Fumo, but I know the whole team works together to take care of their brides. I had to plan mostly over email and everything went incredibly smoothly considering long-distance planning. My coordinator, Leslie, was incredibly responsive and patient with me. I wish I could start it all over again. We chose to get married at the Nohea Point and have the reception at the Coconut Grove with around 50 guests. The resort is GORGEOUS and perfect. The venues we chose were simply beautiful. We had both a dj and ukulele player. The food was maybe the best food I had ever had at a wedding and the cake was so good too. It was hard as a bride to not know for sure how all the details will pan out... not to be able to see the flowers in person, or taste the food, but I was BLOWN AWAY.

Erin · Married on 10/28/2017

I can't overstate this...Royal Kona was amazing! Kayli, Ashley, and Kim were fabulous! I was a little worried while planning from the east coast, but everything was exactly how we pictured it. I can't say enough good things about the services they provided, including arranging the officiant, florals, musician and DJ, photographer, hair/makeup artist, etc. They really do everything for you. We had one scare-the private lagoon where the ceremony was to take place flooded about 2 hours before. They called immediately with options and we moved the ceremony to Nohea Point, which I think turned out to be better. The reception was at sunset cove and it was perfect. I have absolutely no complaints and I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. I am thinking about surprising my parents with a vow renewal here on their 50th!

Candace · Married on 09/15/2017

Destination wedding

It was truly a magical night. Leslie was our main coordinator with Ashley and Kelsy helping the day of. At one point I looked down off the hotel balcony and saw Leslie at the reception site decorating and coordinating.After the night had ended and everything settled there is no doubt in mind it takes the entire team to make the whole thing go off without a hitch... No pun intended.... From hair/make-up to decorations and dinner, to the DJ and Bula It was all perfect. We had over 30 of us and everyone (including those already married) said it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to. Obviously I am biased. So.... Thank you Leslie, Ashley, Kelsey and the entire team including Bula (who is amazing), Patrick, Karen...... The list goes on.

Royal Kona Resort 30
    Royal Kona Resort 35
    Royal Kona Resort 36
    Royal Kona Resort 37

Sandra · Married on 07/21/2017

With my sisters help my husband surprised me with a vow renewal for our 27th anniversary. Our time share put them in touch with the Royal Kona Resort. Once we were there and I was let in on the surprise I was very happy with all the arrangements. I love that he was able to set up everything through our package. He set up photography, flowers, and a hair appt for me. Very romantic! We had a simple ceremony with our daughter and grandchildren. Beautiful view! The officiant Patrick was very nice along with the photographers! Our coordinator Ashley was very helpful and professional! We also enjoyed the luau afterwards.

kelly · Married on 06/12/2017

The Royal Kona Resort was the perfect location for our wedding. We planned the wedding over a year long period, and Kayli was so flexible and helpful the whole time. They made sure every one of our requests was made. We even changed the wedding site the day before the wedding. It rained right up the wedding start time then stopped. We had 40 guests who all loved the wedding and said it was a wonderful event. I honestly cannot think of anything negative that occurred during our wedding process. We had Charles Grace as are musician and he was SO good. He has a beautiful voice. They only negatives were the DJ did not play the correct song to our reception entrance and we did not like our wedding photos. But with these aside I would encourage anyone planning a wedding in Hawaii to use the Kayli and the Royal Kona. It was the best.

Kate · Married on 06/06/2017

We just want to say the biggest thank you to Ashley and Kayli for making our day the most perfect, special moment. We just wanted a very simple, small wedding with only a handful of people and they made it work beautifully. Nothing was too much trouble, and everything on the day ran like clock work. It was so wonderful being able to turn up without having to worry about arranging anything, and all the smallest details were managed to perfection. Even the food was to die for. We can't wait to come back to the resort in the future.

Royal Kona Resort 38

Ryan · Married on 05/20/2017

I honestly wish I could relive this day over and over again. Kayli Towler and the entire Romance center did such an amazing job. I am some what of a picky person when it comes to the overall look of things. And she literally NAILED IT!! I can not say enough great things about Kayli and the whole team. I would recommend this resort and wedding planner to anyone. Not only did I think this day was amazing but so did ALL of our guest. We had 60 people and everyone said that they have never had so much fun at a wedding before.

Ashley · Married on 05/03/2017

My husband and I have loved staying at the Royal Kona Resort and knew that we wanted to get married there.
    Ashley Akamu and the wonderful staff at RKR Romance Center did a beautiful job making our wedding ceremony one to remember! The planning was easy all thanks to Ashley. She was able to work with multiple last minute things I added. We opted for the elopement package and added some items from the a la cart menu. The prices are reasonable. And Bula was also a fantastic addition, as his great guitar skills and beautiful voice made the start of the ceremony amazing. The venue location and the hotel itself is beautiful and the scenery is breathtaking. I cannot rave enough about this hotel and their Romance Center. Thank you Ashley, Kayli, and Karen for your help on making our day special and one to remember. :)

Candice · Married on 02/20/2017

I had the wedding of my dreams here. I started dealing with Kayli Towler at the Royal Kona Romance centre a year before my wedding. Planning a wedding via email and phone calls can be a bit nerve recking. Everything was perfect Kayli went above and beyond to my our day special. The flowers were spectacular and the location was amazing.
    Thanks forever Candice Galamini

Stacy · Married on 11/12/2016

Ashley and Kayli took care of everything! All we did was fill out a questionnaire, picked a few details, and showed up. It's such a great way to have a vacation wedding. Not only did our family have fun, but we did too. The photographer was fantastic as well and we got the pictures back so quickly. If you are thinking of a destination wedding look no further. The Royal Mona resort is it!

Tara · Married on 10/12/2016

Kayli was wonderful to work with and the romance center gave us the wedding of our dreams!!! Even with a little rain prior to our wedding (a blessing from heaven according to Kahu Tomasi that made it even more special), everything went off without a hitch. Kayli had back up arrangements in case they were needed for the ceremony and re-staged the reception so dancing was still in the sand/dance floor but the tables were out of it and still kept the flow for the evening. Every vendor picked was fabulous!!! Renae at Emotion Galleries, Sheri at Kalilina Studios for video, Kahu Tomasi, the DJ were all perfect, there wasn't one piece that fell short of amazing! Kayli helped arrange for all of our guests to be in the main tower despite busy IronMan conditions, set up a Luau for our welcome dinner to guests and was very accommodating. For anxious brides - there's not a ton of communication or decisions until after your questionnaire is filled out but don't hesitate to trust they will make your day amazing!! It can be nerve wracking planning from the mainland but it's a million times worth it. Be aware there are some extra costs outside the main package (lighting, dance floor, extra bar hours, etc) for planning purposes but they are fairly reasonable. Food/Drinks/Cake/Flowers were all top notch also - not hotel food or watered down! Mara for in room make up was outstanding! Even with humidity/light rain, my make up and curly hair stayed put and looked wonderful all night.

Tips - Book extra hours for the videographer and photographer, it's a location that you want to capture every second of on your wedding day.
    Ask for the Top floor of the Ali'i tower for the nights with your wrap around royal suite - the view can't be beat.
    If our "brush the beach from your feet but keep the memories close to your heart" sign and brushes made it through the rain - Enjoy! =)
    We can't wait to go back for our anniversary at some point!! ♥ Aloha A hui hou