81 Reviews for Royal Kona Resort

Specialty Wine (2)
Indoor (1)
Tastings (1)
80 Royal Kona Resort Reviews

Unfortunately I could not have my wedding here at the Royal Kona Resort but I had to write a review on Ashely. She just awesome, she was so patient with me, I emailed her so many times, asking so many questions and she would email me back with answers in a heartbeat. She's very understanding and caring. When you're going crazy planning a wedding this is where you need to be to have a smooth and professional service.

Profile Picture Thereza, 1/12/19, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wow! Where do I begin?!? I just got married two weeks ago at the Royal Kona Resort on Thursday April 26, 2018 and I was such a happy bride. Everything was PERFECT! We had a total of 45 people fly out from California and they all were super impressed and bragged about how much fun and how dreamy the wedding was! I had been looking for different options and was skeptical about a destination wedding but I think destination is the way to go, stress free, intimate, and affordable! 6 months prior to my wedding I reached out to the Romance Center and spoke with Ashley and she walked me through their process and answered all my questions. She mentioned that we wouldn't start planning until 3-4 months prior to the wedding but sent me a questionnaire right away so that I could start thinking and working on the details of my wedding. I was a bit worried about the timeline but with a team like Ashley, Leslie, and Kayli, 3 months is plenty of time. That questionnaire they first give you is filled with all the questions you may not even think of yourself when planning a wedding. The girls were super accommodating even when I needed to make changes days before the wedding. The day of the wedding was so stress free and so coordinated. I just had to worry about showing up and looking pretty. I had my ceremony at the Private lagoon and WOW! It's so BEAUTIFUL! Truly doesn't need any additional décor! And can I just say Bula Akamu was the cherry on top!! He played 15 min prior to my arrival, as I walked down the aisle and during cocktail hour and he was AMAZING! Everyone wanted his name and wished he was selling cd's lol We had cocktail hour and the reception at sunset cove and it was beautiful! The Food was great and there was so much of it! Drinks were awesome and bartender was super friendly! DJ was great, really emceed the wedding to the T, just wish he played more of the songs we requested. To end the night we had the Fire and Knife show as a surprise! Wedding of my DREAMS!

Profile Picture Gabriela, 4/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We wanted a very intimate beach wedding for ourselves are our 3 children. Kim Canario, wedding planner and Ashley Akamu, wedding manger helped us to organize the perfect Hawaiian wedding. Our day started with beauty pampering from Beauty Lux Salon. Nails by Bobbie, Hair by Maddie and Makeup by Malia, all experts at their craft. These ladies put my daughter and I instantly at ease and made us gorgeous! Next a relaxed lunch for the ladies followed by swim in the pool for the guys. As sunset approached we picked up our orchid bouquets prepared by Ilima Flowers and made our way to the beach, just steps from our room. The bridle path was strewn with orchid petals and Hawaiian music played for the bridal march. Dard performed a beautiful, not too long non-denominational ceremony for us, complete with lots of Hawaiian references. Sunset photos with Sheri and Max from Kelilina Photography followed. They were both very professional and made sure we got the shots we wanted. Then we enjoyed beautiful 4 course meal served on the beach with a private chef and butler. Live guitar music provided by Charles Grace so that we could dance by moonlight. Very romantic, very relaxed, a night we will never forget. Highly recommend Royal Kona resort and all the vendors the picked for us, great service and great value!

Profile Picture shelin, 3/29/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I knew I wanted to have my wedding in Kona, just not sure where. I chose the Royal Kona Resort mainly because I knew the area of Alii Drive and it seemed like a great resort that most of my family and friends could afford. I also liked the packages they offered as I was on a budget. We got married on March 29, 2018 and it was the most spectacular day of our lives and our family and friends are still saying it was the best wedding they had ever been to. The Royal Kona wedding team was above and beyond my expectations. I mostly worked with Leslie Fumo, but I know the whole team works together to take care of their brides. I had to plan mostly over email and everything went incredibly smoothly considering long-distance planning. My coordinator, Leslie, was incredibly responsive and patient with me. I wish I could start it all over again. We chose to get married at the Nohea Point and have the reception at the Coconut Grove with around 50 guests. The resort is GORGEOUS and perfect. The venues we chose were simply beautiful. We had both a dj and ukulele player. The food was maybe the best food I had ever had at a wedding and the cake was so good too. It was hard as a bride to not know for sure how all the details will pan out... not to be able to see the flowers in person, or taste the food, but I was BLOWN AWAY.

Profile Picture Taylor, 3/29/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor

I can't overstate this...Royal Kona was amazing! Kayli, Ashley, and Kim were fabulous! I was a little worried while planning from the east coast, but everything was exactly how we pictured it. I can't say enough good things about the services they provided, including arranging the officiant, florals, musician and DJ, photographer, hair/makeup artist, etc. They really do everything for you. We had one scare-the private lagoon where the ceremony was to take place flooded about 2 hours before. They called immediately with options and we moved the ceremony to Nohea Point, which I think turned out to be better. The reception was at sunset cove and it was perfect. I have absolutely no complaints and I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. I am thinking about surprising my parents with a vow renewal here on their 50th!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Tables, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Accommodations, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

With my sisters help my husband surprised me with a vow renewal for our 27th anniversary. Our time share put them in touch with the Royal Kona Resort. Once we were there and I was let in on the surprise I was very happy with all the arrangements. I love that he was able to set up everything through our package. He set up photography, flowers, and a hair appt for me. Very romantic! We had a simple ceremony with our daughter and grandchildren. Beautiful view! The officiant Patrick was very nice along with the photographers! Our coordinator Ashley was very helpful and professional! We also enjoyed the luau afterwards.

Profile Picture Sandra, 7/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Royal Kona Resort was the perfect location for our wedding. We planned the wedding over a year long period, and Kayli was so flexible and helpful the whole time. They made sure every one of our requests was made. We even changed the wedding site the day before the wedding. It rained right up the wedding start time then stopped. We had 40 guests who all loved the wedding and said it was a wonderful event. I honestly cannot think of anything negative that occurred during our wedding process. We had Charles Grace as are musician and he was SO good. He has a beautiful voice. They only negatives were the DJ did not play the correct song to our reception entrance and we did not like our wedding photos. But with these aside I would encourage anyone planning a wedding in Hawaii to use the Kayli and the Royal Kona. It was the best.

Profile Picture kelly, 6/12/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We just want to say the biggest thank you to Ashley and Kayli for making our day the most perfect, special moment. We just wanted a very simple, small wedding with only a handful of people and they made it work beautifully. Nothing was too much trouble, and everything on the day ran like clock work. It was so wonderful being able to turn up without having to worry about arranging anything, and all the smallest details were managed to perfection. Even the food was to die for. We can't wait to come back to the resort in the future.

Profile Picture Kate, 6/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I honestly wish I could relive this day over and over again. Kayli Towler and the entire Romance center did such an amazing job. I am some what of a picky person when it comes to the overall look of things. And she literally NAILED IT!! I can not say enough great things about Kayli and the whole team. I would recommend this resort and wedding planner to anyone. Not only did I think this day was amazing but so did ALL of our guest. We had 60 people and everyone said that they have never had so much fun at a wedding before.

Profile Picture Ryan, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I have loved staying at the Royal Kona Resort and knew that we wanted to get married there.
Ashley Akamu and the wonderful staff at RKR Romance Center did a beautiful job making our wedding ceremony one to remember! The planning was easy all thanks to Ashley. She was able to work with multiple last minute things I added. We opted for the elopement package and added some items from the a la cart menu. The prices are reasonable. And Bula was also a fantastic addition, as his great guitar skills and beautiful voice made the start of the ceremony amazing. The venue location and the hotel itself is beautiful and the scenery is breathtaking. I cannot rave enough about this hotel and their Romance Center. Thank you Ashley, Kayli, and Karen for your help on making our day special and one to remember. :)

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Decor, Drapery, Tables

I had the wedding of my dreams here. I started dealing with Kayli Towler at the Royal Kona Romance centre a year before my wedding. Planning a wedding via email and phone calls can be a bit nerve recking. Everything was perfect Kayli went above and beyond to my our day special. The flowers were spectacular and the location was amazing.
Thanks forever Candice Galamini

Profile Picture Candice, 2/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Ashley and Kayli took care of everything! All we did was fill out a questionnaire, picked a few details, and showed up. It's such a great way to have a vacation wedding. Not only did our family have fun, but we did too. The photographer was fantastic as well and we got the pictures back so quickly. If you are thinking of a destination wedding look no further. The Royal Mona resort is it!

Profile Picture Stacy, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Kayli was wonderful to work with and the romance center gave us the wedding of our dreams!!! Even with a little rain prior to our wedding (a blessing from heaven according to Kahu Tomasi that made it even more special), everything went off without a hitch. Kayli had back up arrangements in case they were needed for the ceremony and re-staged the reception so dancing was still in the sand/dance floor but the tables were out of it and still kept the flow for the evening. Every vendor picked was fabulous!!! Renae at Emotion Galleries, Sheri at Kalilina Studios for video, Kahu Tomasi, the DJ were all perfect, there wasn't one piece that fell short of amazing! Kayli helped arrange for all of our guests to be in the main tower despite busy IronMan conditions, set up a Luau for our welcome dinner to guests and was very accommodating. For anxious brides - there's not a ton of communication or decisions until after your questionnaire is filled out but don't hesitate to trust they will make your day amazing!! It can be nerve wracking planning from the mainland but it's a million times worth it. Be aware there are some extra costs outside the main package (lighting, dance floor, extra bar hours, etc) for planning purposes but they are fairly reasonable. Food/Drinks/Cake/Flowers were all top notch also - not hotel food or watered down! Mara for in room make up was outstanding! Even with humidity/light rain, my make up and curly hair stayed put and looked wonderful all night.

Tips - Book extra hours for the videographer and photographer, it's a location that you want to capture every second of on your wedding day.
Ask for the Top floor of the Ali'i tower for the nights with your wrap around royal suite - the view can't be beat.
If our "brush the beach from your feet but keep the memories close to your heart" sign and brushes made it through the rain - Enjoy! =)
We can't wait to go back for our anniversary at some point!! ♥ Aloha A hui hou

Profile Picture Tara, 10/12/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Lighting, Tables, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink

We had our wedding at the Royal Kona on 8/1/16 and it was PERFCT! Our wedding coordinator Kayli Towler was amazing, she took care of every possible detail and even found a hair stylist to come to my room at the last minute (an hour before the wedding!) to do my hair. the ceremony was perfect, We could not have asked for a more beautiful venue. The musician that played the Uke for our ceremony is so talented, Bula Akuma has an amazing voice, he helped make the ceremony really special. We chose to have a dinner and private luau instead of a traditional ceremony. We where expecting a few dancers and a nice dinner but what we got was so much more than we (or our guests) ever expected! The show was amazing and the food was so ono! Our guests where blown away by everything! While we where taking photos the dancers taught our guest to make leis, showed them hula moves and even showed them some fire knife moves! We have always loved the Royal Kona and have always had great personal service but what we got for our wedding went above and beyond anything we could have ever expected. Kayli is a miracle worker!!!

Profile Picture Shan, 8/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Entertainer, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Buffet, Dessert, Accommodations, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Decor, Furniture, Tables

The Royal Kona was perfect for us to get married at. Even though it was at a very busy resort, the location felt like we were the only people there. Ashley was great to work with and gave us lots of options to personalize our wedding. Since we had a tiny group of people we skipped a 'traditional' reception and instead went to the luau. We chose to have it filmed by Moa Loa studios, who worked well with our photographer that we brought with us. Overall the resort was accommodating to my group, especially when they chose to have their rooms move into the same tower as my husband and I. I was also glad that we chose to have breakfast there every morning. The food was delicious and filling, plus watching spinner dolphins every morning made everything that much more special.

Profile Picture Tasha, 4/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Decor, Tables

Our wedding at Royal Kona was perfect! It was so much more than we ever imagined it would be from the start. Kayli made it easy to plan from a distance. She was responsive to all of our questions and needs and made everything flow smoothly. Derek was amazing as an officiant. The service was exactly what we wanted, even though we only met him moments before the ceremony. Keoni Thompson provided fantastic ceremony music, in addition to at the reception. Ranae Keane captured the whole event in pictures that made our jaws drop open upon seeing how beautiful they were. The hotel staff was fantastic and greeted us daily with enthusiasm. You won't go wrong having your wedding at The Royal Kona Resort!

Profile Picture Jayne, 12/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Entertainer, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Our Wedding was absolutely beautiful! You don't often hear about someones wedding going off perfectly, but ours really did (despite our Best Man dropping out last minute). The music, the food, the drinks, the decorations, the cake, everything was perfect. My only regret is not eating more. Everyone enjoyed themselves so much. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Tia, 10/28/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Covered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Decor, Drapery, Lighting, Tables, Accommodations, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s)

Planning a wedding thought the royal kona resort was very easy! Stress free and exciting. Ashley akumu helped us arrange everything I just picked from a lovely choice of suggestions and it was all arranged without any hassle. I highly recommend it.

Profile Picture Victoria , 9/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Videography, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Decor, Tables, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Linens

The hotel was great! We had our ceremony at the private lagoon and ended at the what was supposed to be the sunset cove. Unfortunately it started raining right before the reception. The wedding coordinators were excellent and moved the reception from outside to inside before it started pouring. Kayli was excellent in returning my emails and answered all my questions whether it was silly or not. The planning was simple and easy. They do not plan until 3 months prior to the date, which for my type A personality, got kind of worrisome. However, everything was exactly how I wanted it and planned. They were even able to make some last minute changes. They do have wedding packages available, but there are certain things not included in the packages and cost some extra.

Profile Picture Katrina, 9/12/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

The Romance Center was outstanding in their willingness to make the brides dream wedding a reality. Long distance was not a hindrance in planning the wedding. Ashley took the time to understand the brides desires and then found options to accomodate almost everything. The Romance Center made sure that the flowers were perfect, the decorations were just right, the wedding cake had a half hidden football for the groom, they created signs that the bride wanted, we shipped the wedding dress and several personal items to include in the wedding ahead of time to the Romance Center, Ashley worked with the Officiant to have a ceremony that expressed the bride and grooms love and beliefs, while including Hawaiian traditions in the ceremony and also included an untraditional Wine Box Love Letter exchange. With a hurricane passing on the opposite side of the island, Ashley waited until the afternoon of the wedding to let the bride decide on a covered reception venue in case of rain or to keep the planned outdoor area Coconut Grove. Glad the covered area was chosen. The Ceremony was a clear beautiful sunset at Sunset Cove. The delicious buffet reception was high and dry while it did rain and downpour at times, and the musician was great. Bula Akamu played the guitar and ukelele for the ceremony. The DJ was very accomodating and the photographer Ranae took beautiful pictures. The Fire Dancers performed after the rain had stopped and it was a great way to end the perfect Hawaiian Destination wedding. The Romance staff were available throughout the wedding day and throughout the entire event to make sure eveything went smoothly and timely. The hair and makeup staff was amazing. It was a dream come true for the bride & groom. AWESOME JOB and thank you Ashley and Romance Center staff.

Profile Picture Juliann , 9/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Uncovered Outdoor

The Royal Kona Resort was the perfect location for our wedding. We planned the wedding in less than a month, and Ashley and Kayli were so flexible and helpful the whole time. They made sure every one of our requests was made. They communicated everything to us in a timely manner. The private lagoon was an absolutely beautiful location for the ceremony. Lucky for us, the weather was perfect and everything was so picturesque. I honestly cannot think of anything negative that occurred during our wedding process.

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/23/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Champagne Toast, Accommodations, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Dessert, Plated, Server(s), Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

My husband and I would highly reccomemd Royal Kona Resort for their wedding services. We live in Australia and wanted a romantic and intimate wedding on the beach. Kayli did everything we needed and was an absolute pleasure to work with. If your after an entire package then the Royal Kona Resort is the place to go!

Profile Picture Tyler, 4/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Ashley was so wonderful in helping us provide the best experience possible on our day!
We had so many questions and were answered within the same day. Her suggestions were much appreciated and her special touches were so unexpected but definitely made the whole atmosphere perfect.
Thank you so much Ashley, it was so great to meet you. Without your talent I am sure the day wouldn't have been the same!
You have made some friends, and hope to see you soon.
Aloha!
Jolene and Derek

Profile Picture Jolene, 4/23/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

had a great time and everyone worked really well together.Reception and food were amazing as well as our wedding spot.

Profile Picture dusty, 1/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Decor, Drapery, Lighting