Royal Fig Catering Reviews

266 | Austin, TX

266 Reviews for Royal Fig Catering

• Amy

Amy M. · Getting married on 03/06/2022

Royal Fig - Simply the Best!

Planning a wedding during a pandemic is no joke, but Harley, Kristen and the entire process with Royal Fig was the absolute best choice we made in selecting vendors. As an Austin area wedding professional myself, I have strong relationships with lots of caterers, but would only trust the very best with my only daughters big day! Harley was so professional and a calming voice with positive solutions so that we could celebrate safely. The on site experience by the Royal Fig team exceeded expectations. We had a pre-ordered plated meal with the pork chop and short rib entrees and our guests are still raving about the food! The team also passed our late night Whataburger snacks along with cake to all our guests. They were all so kind and accommodating.

Hire Royal Fig today if you want to have a stress free and top of the line event! You will not be disappointed! They are THE BEST caterer in the Austin area!

Sent on 01/19/2021
  • Cinzia

Cinzia S. · Getting married on 10/02/2021

Simply excellent

Royal Fig was splendid in every respect. Excellent quality of products, impeccable service, complete flexibility to meet our request. Highly professional and knowledgeable.

Sent on 03/04/2020
  • Lily

Lily K. · Getting married on 09/09/2021

Love Royal Fig!

Picking a caterer was our top priority for our wedding and oh boy did Royal Fig deliver! We worked with Harley and I can't say enough good things about her. She made everything easy and was so responsive and flexible. Always positive, always helpful! Even when we had to postpone due to COVID-19, Royal Fig came through for us. We ended up having to go from family style to plated in order to protect our guest's safety and they made sure all our original selections were included on the plate. Our apps were delicious and our dinner food was hot and soooo tasty! The waiters and bartenders were the most friendly bunch and everything ran like a well-oiled machine. They even helped put together my dream ice cream sundae bar. I love Royal Fig. Thank you for delivering the most unforgettable wedding and doing it SAFELY! Do not think twice - Book them!!!

Sent on 09/26/2020
  • Bethany

Bethany B. · Married on 05/30/2021

Royal Fig Made our Wedding Day a Success!

Royal Fig was the first vendor we booked for our wedding, and from my first interaction with Ashley to our actual wedding day, Royal Fig made our wedding an absolute dream come true! Ashley was responsive to all of my emails and questions and made changes to our contract along the way. Our wedding guests loved all of the food, especially the passed appetizers, and the bartenders were amazing and made the best margaritas! One of the bartenders made sure I always had a drink in hand, and they delivered drinks and food to me and my husband while we were getting our pictures taken! We opted for a dessert table and did a small cake for cake cutting, and the desserts were incredible! I can't rave about Royal Fig enough!

Sent on 07/13/2021

Rogelio S. · Married on 05/01/2021

Excellent food, service & staff!

Royal Fig catered our daughters Quinceanera & they did not disappoint! Team leader Claudia Ozuna was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. The food was great & they have a huge menu for all occasions! Royal Fig & staff are an excellent choice!!

Sent on 05/05/2021

Meagan Y. · Married on 03/25/2021

Delicious, Elevated, Exquisite!

Delicious, Elevated, Exquisite! It was very important for my husband and I to find a caterer that not only serves organic, farm to table ingredients, but also a chef who creates an elevated, refined menu. After going through a list of caterers presented from our venue, Royal Fig gave us every impression that they were exactly what we were looking for, and even better, their story of how they started Royal Fig is truly precious PLUS we learned after we hired our wedding planner that she used Royal Fig for her wedding as well! Harley was our coordinator and the first person that reached out to us after we submitted an inquiry online. She is extremely sweet, responsive and very accommodating throughout the entire process. Before our tasting, we thought we nailed exactly what we wanted for our menu, however, Harley added a few more suggestions for passed appetizers that weren’t on our radar. And I’m so glad she did because we ended up altering the menu after our tasting. THE FOOD IS MORE THAN AMAZING! Every single guest of ours was blown away by the food and presentation. Even after a month of our wedding, we are still hearing how incredible the food was and that most weddings never have delicious food like Royal Fig. To highlight we had: Chicken and Waffles Skewers (My ultimate fav), Drunkin Meatballs, Mini Crab Cakes, Texas Ribeye, Texas Ranch Spiced Chicken served with Fennel Roasted Heirloom Carrots and Creme Fraiche Mashed Potatoes. All mouth watering dishes, even me writing this takes me back! They also offer amazing full services - bartending, waitstaff, the ability to order all rental items we needed, etc - which really made the entire process stress free. Thank you Royal Fig for giving us an extraordinary experience for not only our wedding guest, but for my husband and I as well. Thank you Harley for being such an incredible resource. And for anyone reading this who is questioning catering services to hire, I promise you will not go wrong hiring one of the best caterers for your event!

Sent on 05/16/2021
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth V. · Married on 03/06/2021

Excellent Service

The food was so delicious!! So many people loved the food at our wedding, especially the creamy mushroom soup. And OMG, the desserts were out of this world. Everyone keeps raving about the pies and how delicious they were. The catering staff was incredible!!!! They were so, so sweet and they were even very invested in the wedding. I could see them applauding when we walked into the reception and also shedding some tears during the speeches. I really did not expect them to show such excellent service. They truly helped make our day magical.
    Also, we worked with Cheyenne and she was so sweet on our tasting and made excellent choices. She was very flexible with me and my indeciveness. She took my budget into account to make something work from what I wanted to spend.

Sent on 04/06/2021
  • Kaley

Kaley P. · Married on 01/16/2021

Royal Fig is the Best!

We used Royal Fig to cater our wedding (and to provide meals for the bridesmaids and groomsmen the day of the wedding) and they were absolutely amazing. Jesse was our point person, and he was incredibly responsive and helpful. I went back and forth a few times between stations and plated, and Jesse gave me honest advice based on his extensive experience. Ultimately, we ended up going with plated after having to postpone our wedding due to Covid. The food itself was insanely delicious and the staff was extremely professional. I highly recommend Royal Fig and Jesse!

Sent on 02/16/2021
  • Joanne

Joanne H. · Married on 12/19/2020

Just excellent and great to work with

We did several tastings with different caterers before selecting Royal Fig and Jesse Martin. Royal Fig impressed us with their farm-to-table approach, variety of choices and professionalism. They were patient as our decision makers all had different preferences and they were able to work through all our “wants.” Due to the pandemic, we went from a medium size wedding to a small home wedding without serving staff. Jesse was very accommodating with all the changes and helped us adjust the menu to fit the circumstances. He was also able to work with our vegan and gluten-free guests. We served bruschetta and shrimp for appetizers, Italian salad, short ribs and crab cakes, garlic mashed potatoes, heirloom carrots, brussel sprouts salad, and vanilla almond cake and assorted mini-desserts. Everything was great, but overall the highlights were the short ribs, brussel sprouts salad, and the cake! Highly recommend Royal Fig – your guests will be very pleased.

Sent on 01/23/2021
  • Stephanie

Stephanie A. · Married on 12/04/2020

Highly recommend!

Royal Fig Catering provided us excellent service on our wedding day. Ashley from Royal Fig answered what felt like hundreds of questions I had leading up to the big day! Ashley definitely helped to put our minds at ease when it came to the food. The food was delicious and the staff was very professional. We were drawn to Royal Fig because of their fresh, local produce! My husband and I highly recommend their services for any event!

Sent on 01/25/2021
  • Erika

Erika L. · Married on 11/07/2020

Delectable & Delicious

Royal Fig Catering was an incredible vendor to work with for our wedding day! Everyone on the team was so professional and so focused on amazing service. My guests were thrilled by the attentiveness of Royal Fig's staff and service. The food was delicious and everything on the table was laid out exactly as we wanted! The team was so flexible with the constant changes with the growing pandemic and kept me in the loop every step of the way. I was overwhelmingly happy with the service and food we received from this amazing vendor, they are a MUST hire for your wedding day!

Sent on 12/02/2020

Susan F. · Married on 07/25/2020

Fantastic food for a wedding—or any occasion!

I had so many compliments on the food at my daughter’s reception! We had braised short rib with truffle mashed potato and spiced quail with mushroom wild rice (yes, both!) and green beans with tomato jam. Market salad and artisan bread with homemade butter to start. Not only was the food abundant, it was delicious...not your typical wedding food at all. The short rib was to-die-for savory and filling, and the quail (which we chose for a Texan touch) had the best spice! It was very moist, and had a tad of heat and a generous amount of other spices which gave it plenty of flavor. For dessert, we had their delicious and beautiful wedding cake, along with pecan pie (which we originally did in order to offer a gluten-free dessert but ended up serving with the cake.). Again, so many complements, and the pie was a huge hit. The dessert plate had cake, pie and a little container of Blue Bell ice cream. The wedding cake was a delicious, super moist, buttery vanilla flavor with lots of a light buttercream! SO GOOD. The communication and service was flawless...the servers were invisible, and Jesse was there to monitor and adjust the flow of dinner etc. The tables were set up exactly as we asked. I was told the hors d’oeuvres were fantastic (avocado toast and brisket tacos), but as Mother of the Bride, I was sadly too busy to try. I did see them being passed elegantly on trays by servers. The dinner was a good value, especially for the amount and quality of food. I’ve never been to a wedding that I remembered the food, but I guarantee that you and your guests will remember Royal Fig’s food! I would have no reservation in hiring them again. Your guests will love you for this dinner!

Sent on 07/30/2020
  • Helen

Helen E. · Married on 05/22/2020

Delicious food

Amazing food and super flexible, stayed well within budget

Sent on 06/09/2020
  • Markus

Markus · Married on 02/15/2020

There is no going wrong with Royal Fig

Loved working w/ Royal fig from beginning to the end for my wedding. I thought they were lovely throughout. They helped us make our choices, and the tasting was great. At the actual wedding, they were so kind and took food to us, and everybody loved the food, it was a great hit. I couldn't ask for better. People were raving about the meatballs, macaroni, and spare rib meat entree option. The barbarcoa nachos too. They had I think 5 plates or so available for gluten free or vegan guests. They're a great choice for some healthy and/or unique options, and well beyond that as well. Cheyenne was who was helping throughout, and she was tremendous. They also made tremendous drinks and were open to us changing their prickly pear margarita into a mango margarita. Huge hit. Everybody loved Royal Fig at my wedding.

Sent on 02/22/2020
  • audrey

Audrey · Married on 02/14/2020

Fantastic food for an incredible price

We had an awesome experience working with Ashley and the whole crew at Royal Fig. Ashley was really communicative throughout the whole process and really flexible with last minute changes. The food was delicious and I highly recommend.

Sent on 03/22/2020
  • Ellen

Ellen N. · Married on 01/18/2020

If you want to get complimented on your wedding food, hire Royal Fig!!

Absolutely amazing is all I can say, really. Royal Fig went above and beyond the day of the wedding (and before behind the scenes) to make our day amazing. We had a plated meal, passed apps, and bartending through them and it was unbelievably amazing. I never expected to get complimented on my wedding food, but some of the pickiest people at my wedding said that the food they ate was the best food they've ever had at a wedding (and I agree)! The staff is so friendly and helpful, I'm so glad that we went with them.

Sent on 02/24/2020

Shelby D. · Married on 11/23/2019

Holy Delicious!

First thing, my husband and I love caprese. So having caprese anything was a must for us. Royal Fig does not offer caprese, but after asking the catering coordinator Royal Fig was able to offer caprese skewers. food was amazing! Cocktail hour appetizers were great; servers had special plates that were brought to us while taking photos. Dinner was warm and delicious. We did family style and it was so convenient; no long lines and all servers were very friendly. Kids meals looked excellent and I know my guests appreciated the touch. China was great, no issues. It is a tad pricey, but all my guests loved the food.

Sent on 12/04/2019

Patrick D. · Married on 11/03/2019

Perfect in every way!

Royal Fig was incredible! Once we scheduled a tasting with them, we knew that our catering was one area we definitely wouldn't have to worry about. Not only was the food fantastic, but all of the coordinators involved in the planning were very patient as we kept changing our quote to reflect changes in guests, diet, etc. Cheyenne was our coordinator and was so helpful in meeting with us and the planner to work out how dinner would happen. All the guests loved the food and commented on the professionalism and politeness of the servers. We highly recommend Royal Fig for any wedding!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • donna

Donna · Married on 11/02/2019

AWESOME!! best wedding food I have ever had

Harley was so easy to work with and she made sure that everything went smooth.
    The food was amazing!! Usually wedding food is mediocre but all the food was Amazing!!
    The short ribs so tender you could cut with a fork, pimento grits and carrots were so flavorful.
    I would give them 10 stars if I could

Sent on 11/06/2019

Cheri · Married on 11/02/2019

Best food experience EVER!

Oh my gosh......I just cannot say enough about Claudia and Royal Fig. I was planning a wedding from a distance and Claudia was the most calm, helpful, professional person I could have asked for. The food was to die for. Our guests said "this isn't wedding food"....the best compliment! From the appetizers to the late night brisket grilled cheese sandwiches, everything was top notch. I worked with Claudia so much, I now consider her a friend. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Royal Fig. I am just so sad I live in Indiana and cannot use them for local catering. The absolute best!

Sent on 12/06/2019

Paige · Married on 10/25/2019

Book them now

If the only good decision you make during your wedding planning is hiring Royal Fig you will still have an AMAZING experience. Seriously I cannot rave enough about the exceptional food and customer service we received from Royal Fig. Harley is an absolute godsend! She answered every single one of my ridiculous questions almost immediately and was so accommodating and caring. When I began to get anxious about needing heaters and extra tables rented she handled it with grace and never once made me doubt that everything would work out. The serving staff and bartenders were polite and efficient, they even assigned my groom and I our own server who brought us champagne while we took pictures and appetizers while we had a private moment before the reception, and then refilled our glasses all night. And if the service wasn’t enough the food y’all...I’m telling you we got countless compliments. The food tasted amazing, hot, rich, and full of flavor. Royal Fig has got it all!

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Alyson

Alyson R. · Married on 10/18/2019

Royal Fig is Amazing

I'm a foodie and he is a chef - we had a very non-traditional reception dinner with grazing stations, small bites, and a whole roast pig - Royal Fig went above and beyond! Everything from the layout and presentation to the service to the food was perfection. They are a class act and really know their stuff. People will be talking about the Mac & Cheese Bar for a long time. And when we said we wanted a pig-cutting instead of a cake cutting, they were all about it. They really made my vision a reality! I cannot thank them enough!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Alyson! We had a blast on Friday night. Thanks so much for including us in your big day!
  • Armine

Armine A. · Married on 10/11/2019

Royal Fig - Perfection!!

I would highly recommend Royal Fig catering for your next event. We were instantly delighted with Ashley and the team and that only escalated throughout the process. Ashley was amazing to work with. Her professionalism, yet kind and approachable nature got me to enjoy the entire process and feel comfortable. The client services were 100% on point (if not more). At the wedding, the staff continued those same efforts. Lastly, the food. I read reviews about everyone raving about their food and yup those reviews are as accurate as it can be. Every guest we spoke with talked about how this was one of the best foods they had at an event, esp wedding. We went with family-style and the presentation of the food along was just as superb! Oh, we also got our wedding cake from them too and it was perfect. I highly recommend getting a cake testing as well (their almond flavour is mouth-watering) because the baker made it taste incredibly good. I am still thinking about the juicy fried chicken and the almond cake as I write this. Best team!! Thanks Ashley and Royal Fig!!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Abbi

Abbi D. · Married on 10/11/2019

Quality Service + Food!

When it came to planning our wedding, my husband and I knew that food is, by far, one of the most important parts. Everyone talks about the food and the DJ. We really cannot recommend the Royal Fig Team (especially Jesse) any more! Jesse and the team went above and beyond making our wedding day so perfect. The group of servers and bartenders that served at our wedding were so fun, and several guests commented on how accommodating and engaging they were. They even gave us our own personal server for the night, which was so nice!!

My husband and I were just home for the holidays, nearly 2 months after our wedding - and people were STILL talking about the food served! Especially the Roast Sweet Potato salad and Shiner Bock Braised Short Ribs. YUM.

We really cannot thank Jesse and the RF team enough - our wedding day was absolutely perfect and the food and staff played a huge role in that.

Sent on 01/05/2020