Royal Fig Catering Reviews

257 | Austin, TX

257 Reviews for Royal Fig Catering

Susan Fogarty · Getting married on 01/07/2022

Fantastic food for a wedding—or any occasion!

I had so many compliments on the food at my daughter’s reception! We had braised short rib with truffle mashed potato and spiced quail with mushroom wild rice (yes, both!) and green beans with tomato jam. Market salad and artisan bread with homemade butter to start. Not only was the food abundant, it was delicious...not your typical wedding food at all. The short rib was to-die-for savory and filling, and the quail (which we chose for a Texan touch) had the best spice! It was very moist, and had a tad of heat and a generous amount of other spices which gave it plenty of flavor. For dessert, we had their delicious and beautiful wedding cake, along with pecan pie (which we originally did in order to offer a gluten-free dessert but ended up serving with the cake.). Again, so many complements, and the pie was a huge hit. The dessert plate had cake, pie and a little container of Blue Bell ice cream. The wedding cake was a delicious, super moist, buttery vanilla flavor with lots of a light buttercream! SO GOOD. The communication and service was flawless...the servers were invisible, and Jesse was there to monitor and adjust the flow of dinner etc. The tables were set up exactly as we asked. I was told the hors d’oeuvres were fantastic (avocado toast and brisket tacos), but as Mother of the Bride, I was sadly too busy to try. I did see them being passed elegantly on trays by servers. The dinner was a good value, especially for the amount and quality of food. I’ve never been to a wedding that I remembered the food, but I guarantee that you and your guests will remember Royal Fig’s food! I would have no reservation in hiring them again. Your guests will love you for this dinner!

Sent on 07/30/2020
  • Cinzia

Cinzia Seccia Russi · Getting married on 10/02/2021

Simply excellent

Royal Fig was splendid in every respect. Excellent quality of products, impeccable service, complete flexibility to meet our request. Highly professional and knowledgeable.

Sent on 03/04/2020
  • Lily

Lily Kozak · Getting married on 09/09/2021

Love Royal Fig!

Picking a caterer was our top priority for our wedding and oh boy did Royal Fig deliver! We worked with Harley and I can't say enough good things about her. She made everything easy and was so responsive and flexible. Always positive, always helpful! Even when we had to postpone due to COVID-19, Royal Fig came through for us. We ended up having to go from family style to plated in order to protect our guest's safety and they made sure all our original selections were included on the plate. Our apps were delicious and our dinner food was hot and soooo tasty! The waiters and bartenders were the most friendly bunch and everything ran like a well-oiled machine. They even helped put together my dream ice cream sundae bar. I love Royal Fig. Thank you for delivering the most unforgettable wedding and doing it SAFELY! Do not think twice - Book them!!!

Sent on 09/26/2020

Shelby Dusek · Married on 11/11/2020

Holy Delicious!

First thing, my husband and I love caprese. So having caprese anything was a must for us. Royal Fig does not offer caprese, but after asking the catering coordinator Royal Fig was able to offer caprese skewers. food was amazing! Cocktail hour appetizers were great; servers had special plates that were brought to us while taking photos. Dinner was warm and delicious. We did family style and it was so convenient; no long lines and all servers were very friendly. Kids meals looked excellent and I know my guests appreciated the touch. China was great, no issues. It is a tad pricey, but all my guests loved the food.

Sent on 12/04/2019
  • Erika

Erika Langerud · Married on 11/07/2020

Delectable & Delicious

Royal Fig Catering was an incredible vendor to work with for our wedding day! Everyone on the team was so professional and so focused on amazing service. My guests were thrilled by the attentiveness of Royal Fig's staff and service. The food was delicious and everything on the table was laid out exactly as we wanted! The team was so flexible with the constant changes with the growing pandemic and kept me in the loop every step of the way. I was overwhelmingly happy with the service and food we received from this amazing vendor, they are a MUST hire for your wedding day!

Sent on 12/02/2020
  • Becca

Becca Burt · Married on 10/09/2020

"Best wedding food ever!" -all of our guests

Royal Fig is amazing! We had planned a 150-person wedding for May of 2020, and had to postpone and downsize to a 20-person wedding in October 2020. One month before our wedding, our original caterer called and let us know that they were going out of business due to the pandemic. They referred us to Royal Fig, and we are so grateful they did. Royal Fig went above and beyond making sure we were able to make a consultation and tasting happen with plenty of time to spare before the wedding. Cheyenne was friendly, helpful, thorough, prompt, responsive, and thoughtful - all of the things you’d hope for in a wedding vendor. She provided clear instructions and details about what she needed from us, which made the wedding day go off without a hitch. Royal Fig was great in adapting a spring menu to a fall menu, and made our wedding everything we could hope for. Multiple guests said it was the best wedding food they’d ever had - we even thought the day-of food was somehow even tastier than it had been at the tasting! We can’t recommend them enough- thank you so much Cheyenne and the Royal Fig team!

Sent on 01/11/2021
  • Helen

Helen Evans · Married on 05/22/2020

Delicious food

Amazing food and super flexible, stayed well within budget

Sent on 06/09/2020
  • Markus

Markus M · Married on 02/15/2020

There is no going wrong with Royal Fig

Loved working w/ Royal fig from beginning to the end for my wedding. I thought they were lovely throughout. They helped us make our choices, and the tasting was great. At the actual wedding, they were so kind and took food to us, and everybody loved the food, it was a great hit. I couldn't ask for better. People were raving about the meatballs, macaroni, and spare rib meat entree option. The barbarcoa nachos too. They had I think 5 plates or so available for gluten free or vegan guests. They're a great choice for some healthy and/or unique options, and well beyond that as well. Cheyenne was who was helping throughout, and she was tremendous. They also made tremendous drinks and were open to us changing their prickly pear margarita into a mango margarita. Huge hit. Everybody loved Royal Fig at my wedding.

Sent on 02/22/2020
  • audrey

audrey · Married on 02/14/2020

Fantastic food for an incredible price

We had an awesome experience working with Ashley and the whole crew at Royal Fig. Ashley was really communicative throughout the whole process and really flexible with last minute changes. The food was delicious and I highly recommend.

Sent on 03/22/2020
  • Ellen

Ellen Neveux · Married on 01/18/2020

If you want to get complimented on your wedding food, hire Royal Fig!!

Absolutely amazing is all I can say, really. Royal Fig went above and beyond the day of the wedding (and before behind the scenes) to make our day amazing. We had a plated meal, passed apps, and bartending through them and it was unbelievably amazing. I never expected to get complimented on my wedding food, but some of the pickiest people at my wedding said that the food they ate was the best food they've ever had at a wedding (and I agree)! The staff is so friendly and helpful, I'm so glad that we went with them.

Sent on 02/24/2020

Patrick Dolan · Married on 11/03/2019

Perfect in every way!

Royal Fig was incredible! Once we scheduled a tasting with them, we knew that our catering was one area we definitely wouldn't have to worry about. Not only was the food fantastic, but all of the coordinators involved in the planning were very patient as we kept changing our quote to reflect changes in guests, diet, etc. Cheyenne was our coordinator and was so helpful in meeting with us and the planner to work out how dinner would happen. All the guests loved the food and commented on the professionalism and politeness of the servers. We highly recommend Royal Fig for any wedding!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • donna

donna · Married on 11/02/2019

AWESOME!! best wedding food I have ever had

Harley was so easy to work with and she made sure that everything went smooth.
    The food was amazing!! Usually wedding food is mediocre but all the food was Amazing!!
    The short ribs so tender you could cut with a fork, pimento grits and carrots were so flavorful.
    I would give them 10 stars if I could

Sent on 11/06/2019

Cheri · Married on 11/02/2019

Best food experience EVER!

Oh my gosh......I just cannot say enough about Claudia and Royal Fig. I was planning a wedding from a distance and Claudia was the most calm, helpful, professional person I could have asked for. The food was to die for. Our guests said "this isn't wedding food"....the best compliment! From the appetizers to the late night brisket grilled cheese sandwiches, everything was top notch. I worked with Claudia so much, I now consider her a friend. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Royal Fig. I am just so sad I live in Indiana and cannot use them for local catering. The absolute best!

Sent on 12/06/2019

Paige · Married on 10/25/2019

Book them now

If the only good decision you make during your wedding planning is hiring Royal Fig you will still have an AMAZING experience. Seriously I cannot rave enough about the exceptional food and customer service we received from Royal Fig. Harley is an absolute godsend! She answered every single one of my ridiculous questions almost immediately and was so accommodating and caring. When I began to get anxious about needing heaters and extra tables rented she handled it with grace and never once made me doubt that everything would work out. The serving staff and bartenders were polite and efficient, they even assigned my groom and I our own server who brought us champagne while we took pictures and appetizers while we had a private moment before the reception, and then refilled our glasses all night. And if the service wasn’t enough the food y’all...I’m telling you we got countless compliments. The food tasted amazing, hot, rich, and full of flavor. Royal Fig has got it all!

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Alyson

Alyson Rodgers · Married on 10/18/2019

Royal Fig is Amazing

I'm a foodie and he is a chef - we had a very non-traditional reception dinner with grazing stations, small bites, and a whole roast pig - Royal Fig went above and beyond! Everything from the layout and presentation to the service to the food was perfection. They are a class act and really know their stuff. People will be talking about the Mac & Cheese Bar for a long time. And when we said we wanted a pig-cutting instead of a cake cutting, they were all about it. They really made my vision a reality! I cannot thank them enough!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Alyson! We had a blast on Friday night. Thanks so much for including us in your big day!
  • Armine

Armine Akopyan · Married on 10/11/2019

Royal Fig - Perfection!!

I would highly recommend Royal Fig catering for your next event. We were instantly delighted with Ashley and the team and that only escalated throughout the process. Ashley was amazing to work with. Her professionalism, yet kind and approachable nature got me to enjoy the entire process and feel comfortable. The client services were 100% on point (if not more). At the wedding, the staff continued those same efforts. Lastly, the food. I read reviews about everyone raving about their food and yup those reviews are as accurate as it can be. Every guest we spoke with talked about how this was one of the best foods they had at an event, esp wedding. We went with family-style and the presentation of the food along was just as superb! Oh, we also got our wedding cake from them too and it was perfect. I highly recommend getting a cake testing as well (their almond flavour is mouth-watering) because the baker made it taste incredibly good. I am still thinking about the juicy fried chicken and the almond cake as I write this. Best team!! Thanks Ashley and Royal Fig!!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Abbi

Abbi Donsbach · Married on 10/11/2019

Quality Service + Food!

When it came to planning our wedding, my husband and I knew that food is, by far, one of the most important parts. Everyone talks about the food and the DJ. We really cannot recommend the Royal Fig Team (especially Jesse) any more! Jesse and the team went above and beyond making our wedding day so perfect. The group of servers and bartenders that served at our wedding were so fun, and several guests commented on how accommodating and engaging they were. They even gave us our own personal server for the night, which was so nice!!

My husband and I were just home for the holidays, nearly 2 months after our wedding - and people were STILL talking about the food served! Especially the Roast Sweet Potato salad and Shiner Bock Braised Short Ribs. YUM.

We really cannot thank Jesse and the RF team enough - our wedding day was absolutely perfect and the food and staff played a huge role in that.

Sent on 01/05/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah Bouillon · Married on 10/05/2019

Couldn't have asked for a better experience!

You will not be sorry you went with Royal Fig. They are so experienced and professional at what they do. My contact Claudia was always responsive and helpful throughout the process. Royal Fig's offerings are flexible and we were able to put together the perfect package for our day.

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Rachael

Rachael Jordan · Married on 08/10/2019

So worth it

Royal Fig was a tiny bit more expensive than some of the other caterers we tasted with, but was 10x the quality. We got so much delicious food, great staff and a just overall wonderful experience with them.

Sent on 09/19/2019

Mari Glassell · Married on 07/28/2019

Royal fig was perfect!

I'll start with how my guests are still talking about the food and how perfect it was for the entire event. We had a Sunday brunch wedding in July and they nailed it.

We had Victoria Martinez as our coordinator, and I promise I would not have made it through the whole wedding process without her! She was more than happy to guide us through multiple tastings, changes in menus, changes in ideas for details, and even helped us to find the perfect tortillas for our taco station. The entire planning process was made easier with her help, suggestions, and support.

If I thought she was amazing through planning, I could have never known how valuable she and her assistant would be to me the day of the wedding. They were so critical for each step of the way, and so so very helpful. The entire staff was so on top of everything: stations always full looking amazing, they always made sure my husband and I had a drink or food, and sincerely made us sit down and have a quick bite during all the fun!

I feel so lucky to have had Royal Fig, the food was so perfect (tomato carving station was the biggest HIT among all guests) and the drinks were equally as good. They were so easy to work with, so helpful, and a complete full-service company.

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Yasmine

Yasmine Bargoti · Married on 07/07/2019

The best wedding food anyone has ever had

I have always thought wedding food sucked, until I tried Royal Fig's catering. This place is amazing! Our tasting was so delicious, we wanted to go back for a second tasting. Jesse and his team were more than accommodating. They handled my many requests and changes with ease- I often emailed and every time Jesse got back to me in a timely matter and was so patient! The chefs had great suggestions for my husband and I for our cake and food. It was a one stop shop- food, deserts, cake, bartenders, serving staff. If you are looking for a caterer who makes food your guests will rave about for days, look no further than Royal Fig. I was so thankful to have my own personal server for my husband and I at the wedding, Jackie, who made sure we got to eat the delicious food we picked out for our big day. My only hope now is that they open a restaurant so we can enjoy their catering again! Thanks Royal Fig!

Our menu- lamb, Texas spiced chicken, truffle Mac and cheese, asparagus
    Fried green tomato, chicken and waffles and brisket tostadas
    Chocolate pie, sweet potato pie, banana cream pudding and peach cobbler.
    Cake was hummingbird with peach buttercream and grooms cake was red velvet with cream cheese frosting

Sent on 07/12/2019
  • Maggie

Maggie O'Hara · Married on 06/10/2019

Will use for every event going forward- world class!

Royal Fig creates an experience that YOU envision, while helping you plan your perfect event! Victoria is hands down unparalleled in her field, and will make your catering choice easy. You won't have to stress about a thing with her or any of the Royal Fig team! And not to mention, of all the weddings i've been to, everyone quietly whispers about the food being subpar. Royal fig uses fresh ingredients and takes time preparing all your dishes so that guests are raving about all of the food. They also display each and every item in a unique way that goes with your event. I can't say enough about Royal Fig and Victoria, and can't wait to work with them again!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Jordyn

Jordyn Garsson · Married on 06/09/2019

Royal Fig Catering was the best choice we could have made for our wedding!

I truly have the absolute highest recommendation of Royal Fig Catering! My husband is a chef, and his only concern for the wedding was that we had an outstanding dinner. So when we finally found Royal Fig, it was like a godsend. The cocktail hour appetizers and antipasto table were beautiful and absolutely delicious. Since we had such a small wedding, we had the buffet with options for chicken, short ribs, and crab cakes. Everyone at the wedding kept coming up to me and saying "This is some of the best food I've ever had - it is beyond what I thought wedding food could be."

But what really was amazing about using Royal Fig came from Cheyenne and her team on the actual day of the wedding. She was the first vendor at the venue, and she was such a calming and sweet presence throughout the night. As the bride, I was completely prepared to not have a chance to eat during the wedding. But while we were taking pictures and our guests were enjoying cocktail hour, a beautiful plate of all the appetizers were brought out to the wedding party. A huge plate containing each option from the buffet was also prepared for each my husband and I to eat as soon as the dinner began.

The Royal Fig team at our event also had to deal with a very sudden incoming storm that was not predicted in the slightest, and therefore they were not even given the rain plan. They went so above and beyond in moving huge wooden tables and all of the decorations indoors, and helping coordinate the layout and calm any concerned guests. The staff working with Royal Fig at the event were the sweetest, kindest group that I have had the pleasure of working with. Every single question that I had at any point of the process was promptly answered and they really made me feel at complete ease.

If you choose Royal Fig for your wedding, you are making a wonderful choice! They have great food, great people, and impeccable service!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Kaytee

Kaytee · Married on 06/09/2019

Amazing Cocktails, Unreal Service

My husband, myself and all our guests were completely blown away by the professionalism, quality of beverages, and overall level of service from the Royal Fig staff on our wedding day. We hired Royal Fig for bar service during our cocktail hour and reception, and it was an amazing choice. Everything was seamless and perfect, and your staff went above and beyond to ensure (even on the HOTTEST day) that everyone was hydrated and happy. Our cocktails were yummy, and we couldn't recommend Royal Fig more! Certainly looking for an opportunity to book them again in the future.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Cindy Kirchner · Married on 06/04/2019

Amazing and delicious!

The entire Royal Fig team deserves our sincerest thank you for everything throughout the planning process and all they did to make our day spectacular! Jesse and his team were a huge help and made the day so easy, especially with all the last minute changes we had due to weather and location adjustments while remaining completely calm and making us feel that way as well - truly appreciate it! Everything was even more delicious than we remembered from our tasting and the service was top-notch! Everyone left with the highest praise and fully bellies of deliciousness - emphasis on the honey sriracha fried chicken, shrimp and sausage gumbo and margarita cake! We knew we picked the best caterer and they overdelivered - thank you!

Sent on 04/17/2019