Rothchild Catering & Conference Center Reviews

41 | Knoxville, TN

41 Reviews for Rothchild Catering & Conference Center

• Logan

Logan C. · Married on 09/27/2020

Great Experience & Delicious Food!

Rothchild was the perfect catering choice for our low-key wedding! We wanted some fun and easy food choices, so we decided to go with a taco and nacho bar. It was incredibly affordable and turned out so delicious and cute! They went above and beyond, even creating a little taco bar at our sweetheart table for us to grab a bite to eat between songs and mingling. I’m so glad I chose Rothchild Catering!

Sent on 10/17/2020
  • Mulligan Wedding

Kaitlin · Married on 08/01/2020

Rehearsal/Wedding

Susan is amazing! She made everything so easy and seamless even during all the craziness of changes due to COVID. I didn’t have to ask for a single thing on my wedding day because she was already on top of it and supplying whatever I needed before I even knew I needed it.

Sent on 09/11/2020

Kaitlin,
    Thank you so much! It was an absolute pleasure working with you. We know how crazy wedding planning can be during this time, and we are glad that we were able to help you navigate any needed adjustments! Congratulations again!!
  • Dru

Dru B. · Married on 02/22/2020

Great Service & Delicious Food!

Working with Rothchild was easy and they were very accommodating throughout the process. (I changed my mind a few times on food selection!) The food was delicious and our guests raved about it!! We did a buffet style with a burger bar. I wish I could tell you more about the presentation of dinner, but I did not get to see the set up because Rothchild had servers that brought our food to us at the head table! Our wedding felt like it went by so quick but dinner was one of my favorite times. Everything slowed down for my husband and I as we got to sit back and relax and enjoy the good food! After dinner, Rothchild boxes the food for you to take home & unfortunately we were missing a few boxes. I was really upset the next day because one of the boxes we were missing had the baked ziti in it and I was excited to get another taste (it was my favorite!!) I emailed the company to try and figure out what happened and just to express my frustration. We are still not sure what happened to some of the leftovers, but Susan answered my emails quickly and professionally and with great care. 100% recommend.

Sent on 04/17/2020

Rothchild Catering & Conference Center's reply:

Thank you so much for the review! You were a pleasure to work with. Congratulations again on your wedding! We wish you all the best!!
  • F

F. Hysa · Married on 09/11/2019

Absolutely perfect

My experience was nothing short of exceptional. From planning the wedding to our big day; I couldn't have asked for a better team to make my special day truly magical. Susan was professional & kind. When I got stressed out at times, Susan knew exactly what to say to help calm me down. She gave the BEST advice on the execution of all our ideas and wishes. She knew what would work and what wouldn't. She politely helped guide me in the right direction on every decision that needed to be made. Not to mention her entire staff was beyond professional and went above and beyond to make sure our guests received the best service. The food was DELICIOUS.. by far the best catering you can find in Knoxville. Between the immaculate service, beautiful space, incredible staff and delectable food/cake, it is no wonder they have been one of the top in the industry for so long. I HIGHLY recommend choosing Rothchild's for your wedding. You will NOT feel like " just another customer", for more business. You will feel like the most special and valued person that has ever walked through their doors. It is a family run business and they truly make you feel like family.

Sent on 04/22/2020

Rothchild Catering & Conference Center's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience!! We greatly appreciate it. Our staff loves to hear from our customers so we will be sure to share this with those who helped with your day. Thank you again. We wish you all the best!

Megan · Married on 10/07/2017

Susan Rothchild is an absolute angel. Both my Rehearsal and Wedding meals were some of the best food I have ever put into my mouth. I had my wedding at the Knoxville Zoo and wasn't exactly thrilled with their preferred caterers so we decided to do taste tests elsewhere. My fiance and I are from Nashville so we planned to meet with Susan and sample the menu; we scheduled it and made our trip, THEN SHOWED UP AN HOUR LATE BECAUSE OF THE TIME CHANGE. How embarrassing!! Susan (and her staff) handled it like champs, and served us some of the best food I've ever tried! We were blown away, and knew we wanted to work with her after the first course!

We emailed menus back and forth and she made the whole process extremely easy. We were able to work closely with Tom and Jack who we adore as well, and I cannot tell you how excited our guests were to just read the menu when they sat down!

We even ran into a couple of hiccups on the venue end on our 1 month walk through (that Susan and Jack attended with us) as we were not able to have specific foods in specific areas due to the animals (no meat near the tigers)- Susan and Jack were able to provide alternatives and work with the venue to create flawless solutions.

Again, I cannot stress how amazing this team was. I had mismatched china, and they provided gold rimmed plates for anyone who needed seconds. We found out our rental company did not have enough of the same color napkins for all of our guests maybe 2 weeks out and RC provided them for us! The buffet was discreetly broken down after dinner, and they even assisted with the cake cutting. Everything was SO perfect, and SO easy to plan from afar. Everything was exactly as promised, if not better, and we are still receiving complements on not only the food, but the service! My guests literally have selfies with Tom (the chef) either from the pasta station during the RD, or carving the beef at the wedding. How fun!? I would book them again in a heartbeat!!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Tristen · Married on 10/06/2017

Cake flavor choices were abundant! The cake was beautiful and delicious. We had the red velvet with cream cheese frosting. Absolutely delicious.

Sent on 01/26/2012
  • O

Olivia · Married on 07/15/2017

We just got married at rothchild- had the ceremony and reception there. I can't say enough about rothchild and the entire staff. We had a lot of unexpected changes come up through the wedding planning process and they were so kind and accommodating in helping us with those changes. I worked with Kasey R through my time and she was so responsive and friendly and super super helpful in making suggestions and giving guidance. The food was delicious on our wedding night and the cake was not only beautiful but also so so good! I also can't say enough about the staff- we didn't have a coordinator or planner and I'm so glad we didn't because the staff that night virtually filled that role and helped us the whole way through with staying on schedule and giving us helpful updates and even keeping our bridal party in order! The entire staff was so so kind and responded to every small request we made. I can't imagine having gotten married in any other venue in the area- we had the most beautiful evening and kasey and the team took the stress right out of everything. Thank you Rothchild for giving brandon and I the best night of our lives!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Rothchild Catering & Conference Center's reply:

Olivia, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. You all were wonderful to work with from beginning to end. We truly appreciate you, Brandon, and your families allowing us to be part of your very special day. Cheers Mr. and Mrs. Crabtree!! Best wishes to the sweetest couple.

Hannah · Married on 05/28/2017

Kasey at Rothchild was so responsive and helpful setting up our catering itinerary for our wedding. Everything was exactly as promised and the service was fantastic. The food was very good too, we got lots of compliments on the macaroni and cheese in particular. We also really liked that they had a lot of different menus to choose from.

Sent on 06/01/2017

Rothchild Catering & Conference Center's reply:

Hannah, It was truly a pleasure to work with you on your wedding day and throughout the planning process. The macaroni and cheese is one of my personal favorites! I will ensure the chef hears how much you enjoyed his creation. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and thank you again for choosing Rothchild Catering.

Jessica · Married on 07/16/2016

Rothchild Caterering and Conferece Center is the go to place for your catering needs! Our wedding guests were blown away with our station setup at our reception: stuffed mushrooms, dips and spread, chicken skewers, sliced beef, mac and cheese bar, I could go on!! The staff is extremely friendly and easy to work with. They pay extra attention to detail with setup and ensure that everything is replished in a timely fashion. If you're not using Rothchilds for your food service needs, you're not doing it right!!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Rothchild Catering & Conference Center's reply:

Thank you for sharing your special day with us, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure serving you and your wonderful guests. Congratulations!!

Bettye · event on: 04/24/2015

I have used Rothchild Catering on many occasions and can honestly say I have never had anything but excellent service. It is a pleasure to work with Susan and her staff. They are always more than willing to accommodate in every way. The food service is deliciously prepared and served with expertise. I have, and will continue to recommend them to anyone needing a special venue for special occasions.

Sent on 04/30/2015

Rothchild catering was phenomenal. My venue required you use them for catering, and to make things easier I opted to use them for the cake as well. They had menu options upon menu options to make sure we were able to cover everything we wanted! Even though we did not have a choice on whether to use them or not, I will definitely use them in the future. Their food and cake in phenomenal, and their service is top notch!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Delicious food at our wedding.

Sent on 11/16/2014
  • Bethany

Bethany · Married on 09/14/2014

They have awesome food and there service is amazing I couldn't have asked for a better caterer.

Sent on 10/25/2014

Ron · Married on 08/08/2014

We hosted the rehearsal dinner there tonight. They were very flexible in providing dinner options for both the carnivores and the vegetarian in our group. You know you chose the right caterer when everyone is commenting on how delicious the food was especially the vegetarian lasagna!. It is hard to come up with food that everyone likes but they did an exceptional job. Quantities were generous and pleasantly presented. The dining area was very nicely decorated. There is nothing that I would want to change with a perfectly magical evening.

Sent on 08/09/2014

Holly · Married on 08/02/2014

My husband and I were married at Dara's Garden, so we had to use Rothchild Catering, but I'm so glad we did! We were able to sample multiple foods before our wedding day, which was very helpful when it came time to create our menu. They were so flexible--letting us practically create our own menu for both our Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding Reception. The food was not only delicious, but also well priced. I would highly recommend Rothchild catering!

Sent on 08/14/2014

My husband and I were more than happy with the fabulous food we received at our wedding by Rothchild Catering. They also catered our Rehearsal Dinner, which once again, was amazing.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Everyone was very professional and accommodating. The food was fabulous--it was a perfect fit for our event.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Christine · Married on 04/12/2014

The buffet for my son's wedding was wonderful! The food was presented nicely and very tasty. Our guest devoured it. They also did the wedding cake. It tasted amazing and was beautifully done. My daughter in law found a picture of the design she wanted and they recreated it. Amazing job!

Sent on 05/16/2014

Catie · Married on 07/06/2013

Accommodated multiple food allergy concerns. Food was delicious and we truly enjoyed the service!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Janice · Married on 09/08/2012

Food was great and service was wonderful had a really great time at the wedding

Sent on 09/22/2012

The catering and cake was done by Rothchilds through Dara's Garden. The food turned out so good. We had them also make the wedding and groom's cake. Both turned out amazing. We had them make a blue angel crest as the groom's cake because that's how we met. They did such a great job. The groom loved it.

Sent on 09/30/2012

Linn · Married on 07/21/2012

The most delicious food every at a wedding, is all I heard all night. I am the bride's mother and everyone of our 150 guests raved about everything that was served. The price was wonderful and we felt that we received more than what we paid for. The servers were wonderful and made sure that there was never an empty pan or container. Absolutely WONDERFUL, thank you for making our reception one to remember. They also provided the wedding cake, YUM, and it was beautiful.

Sent on 07/23/2012
  • Lucy

Lucy · Married on 06/07/2012

Rothchild's service was impecable and their food was to die for! I wish I had their recipes! I had so many compliments on the food that I cannot even recall them all. It seems every time I spoke to someone they were complimenting the food. The cake was absolutely delicious and beautiful. We had several special requests in regards to the cake and they met every single request without a moments hesitation. You can't go wrong with Rothchild's!

Sent on 06/12/2012

Ellen · Married on 10/02/2011

When it comes to cake, I feel confident that we chose one of the best Vendor's in our area to make our wedding cake and groom's cake! Our wedding cake was the best tasting wedding cake I have ever had - it was moist and delicious; we received so many compliments! We chose a sour cream cake with a strawberry filling and buttercream icing. My Husband loved it - and he is not normally a sweet eater, but still are 2 pieces! I cannot stop raving about the taste! Both our wedding cake and groom's cake were the exact vision that my Husband and I had. We sent pictures of the wedding cake and the groom's cake and were astounded at how exact our cakes matched the pictures. In terms of price I know were received a great value in comparison with other bakery's. I would highly recommend Rothchild's to anyone who wants their dream cake to become a reality.

I was so pleased with the food at our wedding! Rothchild's Catering had so many options and even gave my Husband and I an opportunity to come in and try all the different food options/menus before selecting the menu for our big day. We chose a heavy hors d'oeuvres menu and the food was remarkable -our guest continuously raved about how delicious our food was! I would recommend Rothchild's to any bride.

Sent on 01/26/2012

Jen · Married on 09/17/2011

We had our wedding at Dara's Garden, and Rothchild catering provided the food. We loved the food at our wedding, and they really did a great job. Their prices were reasonable, and they were willing to work with us to build a menu that we wanted. We went with a southern-themed buffet, with fried okra, shrimp and grits, etc. We ended up getting a lot of compliments on the food, and a few people even said it was the best food they had had at a wedding!

Sent on 10/17/2011