Rose Gold Events & Styling Reviews

90 | Olney, MD

90 Reviews for Rose Gold Events & Styling

Maggie K. · Getting married on 07/10/2022

Katie was the calm in the storm!

Honestly, I cannot say enough about Katie. She helped us plan the best Hallowedding. Covid hit during our planning process and Katie never backed down. She helped us plan and re-plan and pivot so many times! Throughout the process, she never said that it wasn't possible; she helped us figure out what was reasonable to do on our end and to expect from our guests. Katie sorted through my late night emails of new ideas and helped me figure out which ones were awesome. We also utilized her for the table-scaping/design features she offers and I was very comfortable giving her little to no direction: she knew what witchy designs my partner and I envisioned and made everything look cohesive. Ultimately, our wedding was so gorgeous and cool and felt so much like Joe and me. We just got the pictures back and I'm reminded of honestly perfect everything was. I don't know how we would've done this without her.

Sent on 11/13/2020

Liz M. · Getting married on 01/09/2022

Wonderful and trustworthy wedding coordination!

We hired Katie as our Day of Coordinator. She started working with us six weeks before the wedding and also helped us with Covid pandemic related issues. She is very experienced and was familiar with our venue and vendors so she worked well with them. It was so easy and a relief to be able to turn everything over to Katie and to trust her to manage every detail. Because of Katie, on our wedding day we were able to focus all our energy on enjoying ourselves and having fun with our family and friends. We had a beautiful venue, nice weather and great vendors but it was Katie and Rose Gold Events who put everything together to create an amazing day we will cherish forever! Thank you Katie!

Sent on 10/13/2020
  • Liz

Liz B. · Getting married on 09/08/2021

Hire RGE if you want the perfect day!

From the beginning, I knew I wanted to make quick and easy decisions for a fast-tracked wedding. THANK YOU so much to Katie, I was able to do just that. She came immediately prepared with amazing vendor recommendations (tailored to what I wanted the style to be, which of course she helped talk me through that as well) and great advice on what is needed to have our perfect day. She worked hand-in-hand with me and the vendors the whole way through, leaving no detail behind. Any time we spoke, she asked how I was feeling and if there was anything else she could do to help.

Come wedding day, Katie and her assistant Sydnee ran the show. I could not have been more impressed with how seamless everything went. The coordination between the vendors, making sure we stuck to the schedule, confirming everything was where it needed to be, and simply checking in with me throughout the night truly made the evening perfect and stress-free. Even when I realized I forgot to put on my garter right before the garter toss, they were on it and no one else noticed!

I can't recommend Katie and her team enough. If you're thinking of hiring a planner, RGE is the best choice!

Sent on 09/14/2020
  • Maddy

Maddy G. · Married on 11/01/2020

Hire Her Now......Seriously!

It is difficult to start this review because I truly can't say enough amazing things about Katie. From ideation to execution to day of, Katie is responsible for making my wedding dreams a reality. I have planned large scale events before and so from the beginning I had big ideas and big dreams. Katie helped me to hone in on my vision, keep things on budget, and make decisions which is the hardest part of the wedding process.

She helped me make pinterest boards, vision boards, helped me locate vendors and price out different items. She connected me with my amazing photographer who coordinated every shot and moment. She helped make the whole process manageable, breaking down the wedding timeline and what she needed from me into manageable chunks, and she made everything more fun. She would celebrate milestones along the way like engagement photos, dress fittings, tasting menu's, you name it. She was ALWAYS super responsive to me blowing her up on all platforms, sending her late night panic texts or things I like on instagram and she helped me navigate wedding etiquette to truly make my day exactly what I wanted.

Before the big day, I was so nervous and Katie was an absolute angel, dealt with vendors and last minute items and helped to set-up our whole vision so I could just enjoy the day, drink champagne, and calm my nerves. Rachel, her right-hand woman, is also a dream! They even had sneakers waiting for me in the church so I could kick off my uncomfortable "only for photographs" shoes and had stain removers waiting for after I took outdoor downtown DC pics in the middle of January :)

I know Katie will be in my life forever both in my amazing memories of my wedding day and as a friend. And I have already recommended her to any engaged friends I have. xoxoxoxo- Maddy

Sent on 01/29/2020

Sheila S. · Married on 10/31/2020

Katie was excellent!

We had the most excellent experience with Rose Gold Events! Katie was amazing! Everything went smoothly and was stress-free!

Sent on 11/03/2020
  • Dominique

Dominique B. · Married on 08/04/2020

Wonderful experience!

Working with Katie at RoseGold was by far the best decision my mother and I made about our wedding. She was incredibly easy to talk to, and made the whole process feel seamless and effortless.

Sent on 04/24/2019
  • Audrey

Audrey R. · Married on 07/17/2020

Do Not Get Married Without Katie!

We hired Katie for day of coordination, styling, and planned to take advantage of her consulting hours along the way. From the start, she was the perfect sounding board to help us hone in our vision for our wedding and gave us ideas of her own that fit our personalities/style. If you are like us who didn’t know exactly what we wanted, she is the best person to help you find a vision that is both beautiful and suits your personal style!

Another thing we really liked is her optional consulting hours. We wanted to talk about some wedding details earlier than you normally would with a Day of Coordinator. This was a great way to put our minds at ease and get to know Katie even more along our wedding planning journey. About 8 weeks before our original wedding date, it became clear we would have to postpone our wedding due to COVID. Katie was our lifeline during this helping us reach out to vendors and coordinate changing an entire wedding pretty quickly to secure our new date. This was new territory for everyone in the industry (and of course us too) and Katie did a seamless job navigating everything. Fast forward, we did end up still getting married during the pandemic (July 2020) and Katie helped us navigate all of the accommodations that needed to be made to ensure the safety of our guests and vendors. Again, above and beyond anything we all could’ve expected and she did an amazing job!

Once she came in full time six weeks before our wedding she was super organized and helped us with all of the last minute details, making sure all of the vendors had our latest timeline, guest count, etc. Things were changing up until a few days before the wedding but we knew without a doubt Katie was on top of everything. Also, since we haven’t mentioned this yet, she is truly the nicest person. Katie is super easy to work with, adaptable, and has a way of understanding exactly what you need, even when you don’t!

On the day of the wedding, from our eyes, everything was perfect. If anything went wrong we will never know because Katie and her team were phenomenal. The decor was set up perfectly as we envisioned. There were some areas where we gave Katie almost no direction and she set up beautiful flower/table arrangements that we couldn’t have even imagined!

All of friends and family came up to us for the weekend after talking about how incredible Katie and her team were. It says a lot when even your guests can tell how awesome your planner is! Katie and her team of course took care of the logistics of the day but they also took care of us and our family! My mom was delighted when Katie stopped by and asked her if she needed another drink :) As the bride, I never went to the bar once! We truly felt like our bridal party, family, and us as bride & groom could actually enjoy our wedding day festivities. During dinner, my husband and I just sat there in awe of Katie and her team, wondering how we ever could’ve done it without her!

If it’s not clear by now, you need to hire Katie for your wedding day. It will be so helpful to have her along for the planning process and it will make your wedding day a truly enjoyable experience where you can focus on your guests and yourselves. Your wedding is in trusted hands with Katie and her team! SHE IS THE BEST!

Sent on 07/27/2020

Julie · Married on 06/05/2020

Amazing coordinator!

Katie is amazing! I hired her as a day of coordinator rather than for the full service planning because I am pretty organized and actually enjoy obsessing over little details. But we had over 15 different vendors, and so I knew that I needed someone who was going to be on top of things on the wedding day. There were several things during the planning process that reassured me that I made the right choice with Katie. First, when I was inquiring into coordinators, Katie said that she considers her responsibility to be the first one to arrive and the last to leave. That's the kind of commitment she will give you!! Second, at our meeting with the caterer, Katie showed up with a 3-4" binder filled with notes about my wedding. Be still, my OCD heart. Last, we had weekly calls with summary emails outlining to-do items. I'm telling you--I was so impressed and happy with Katie and her team!!!

In terms of execution, everything was beautiful. Once you know that you can trust a person, then it's easy to just let go and relax on your wedding day. And Katie and her team allowed me to do exactly that! She is so friendly and easy-going and never once made me feel like I was being a crazy bride. Oh, and did I mention that our wedding day was on the same day as Preakness and our venue was a mile away from Pimlico? Yes, there was a lot of stress involved in the planning. But Katie managed and executed our wedding day seamlessly and flawlessly!

Sent on 05/21/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda S. · Married on 04/19/2020

Katie is truly AMAZING!

I had initially hired Katie to help us plan starting at 6 weeks out. Well, that 6 weeks quickly turned into an additional 6 months, thanks to COVID. Our original date was April 19, but our reception was moved to November 8, with a few other changes and adjustments along the way. Katie was there for every step! She was crucial in helping me to rearrange vendors and ideas and in the transition from a spring to a fall celebration all while staying safe and socially distancing. Last-minute decoration idea that requires assembly? No problem. Buying pumpkins from a bride the weekend before to help reuse/recycle? Sure, let me go pick those up for you and fill my car up with pumpkins for days. Oh, one guest can't make up their mind about coming or not? No problem, let's change these escort cards DAY OF. My only regret is not hiring Katie sooner! My husband was not so keen on me hiring a planner, but in the end, he can NOT stop raving about Katie and her team and everything they did for us. She is friendly, bubbly, professional, organized, and just makes you feel like the most relaxed bride on a day that is MEANT to be relaxing and fun! Thank you, Katie!!!

Sent on 11/21/2020

Sarah · Married on 03/10/2020

Pick Rose Gold for a sunny, organized wedding planning experience

Katie and Rose Gold Events will make your wedding-planning experience breezy and stress-free, even during a pandemic. We hired Katie for full service planning for our October 2020 wedding about a year before our wedding date. Before the pandemic, she was instrumental in helping us identify the right type of wedding venue for the size of our guest list. She kept us on track with choosing the photographer and caterer, setting up the wedding website, and sending out save-the-dates. Each decision was truly easy -- Katie streamlined the research process by supplying high-quality vendor options in our price range. Her guidance eliminated the overwhelming nature of trying to find vendors in the D.C. area. Most importantly for us (as we are not visually oriented and did not have a strong "vision" for our wedding decor), she took the helm in designing the look for our wedding with our feedback, asking the right questions to create a beautiful and elegant styling board that evoked both of us. And, spending time with Katie in person was such a joy: what a lovely, gracious person!

After the pandemic became a reality, Katie's cheerful and pragmatic perspective kept us sane and on track as we tried to figure out whether it would still be possible for us to safely and lawfully host our event. Her experience and contacts kept us in the loop on how other couples and the industry as a whole were handling the pandemic. She identified vendors who were flexible and understanding in the contracting process. She was receptive to all our feedback and communicated very professionally with everyone involved. Even though we ultimately decided to cancel our wedding, we would not have been able to plan without Katie's expertise. We would happily work with Rose Gold Events in the future.

Sent on 10/07/2020
  • Lizzie

Lizzie B. · Married on 03/10/2020

Katie is the best and helped make our wedding day perfect!

Katie was recommended to us by a friend and it was one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding! Not only was she very responsive and attentive during the planning phases, but she also really helped to put us at ease while navigating being a bride in 2020 during the pandemic. As you can imagine, we had to update plans and make some pretty big changes due to the coronavirus and Katie was a huge help every step of the way! Katie and her team were also pivotal to making the day-of run smoothly and on schedule so I did not have to worry and could soak up every moment!!

Sent on 02/25/2021

Kathryn C. · Married on 12/14/2019

Thank You, Katie!!

Katie was totally fabulous from our first interview phone call with her all the way to the big day! She is super organized and a fellow event planner's dream come true. I was super critical when choosing a wedding planner and Katie exceeded all of my expectations!

We chose Katie to begin her services 6 weeks out from our wedding day and my only regret is that we didn't book her for more time! Her demeanor, body language, personality, and voice are so soothing and calming. I remember the first time we met her in person was at our final walkthrough where there were a million people asking a million questions and one look at her and having her chime in made me feel so supported and awesome.

Another testament to Katie is that she picked a total A-Team to help her on the big day! She had two amazing gals as her assistants - Monica and Rachel - and they were stellar. Rachel ran our rehearsal like a boss and when Katie came down with pneumonia on our wedding day, Rachel stepped in and absolutely killed it. I just wanted to share that tidbit as well because Katie herself is so amazing, but she surrounds herself with equally as amazing human beings!

Thank you, Katie, for being a dream come true. We couldn't have done it without you and we love you for it!

Sent on 12/31/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 11/02/2019

Simply the best

Katie and her team went above and beyond to make sure everything went as planned on our wedding day. She literally had every single detail covered, so we could enjoy ourselves and I did not have to worry about a thing. I honestly couldn't have done it without her and I am forever grateful. She helped us with our wedding design, vendor selection, wedding day timeline, wedding rehearsal, decor, floorplan, setup, and cleanup, just to name a few and she always had a smile on her face. She and her whole team were amazing; I just can't thank them enough. I would highly recommend Katie to anyone, you simply can't go wrong.

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Sharon

Sharon S. · Married on 10/26/2019

Could Not Recommend More

Katie was an absolute guardian angel during our wedding. She was so patient, super organized and totally calm even though she had to deal with wrangling hosts of guests and complicated logistics. Leading up to the wedding, we had regular calls and she helped me find vendors - even though I was planning from New York for a wedding in Baltimore. She is a delight to work with and a completely calming force. I cannot recommend her enough - if you're planning a wedding, this will be the best investment you'll make!

Sent on 12/14/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/06/2019

Strong Listener, Great Attitude - Book her!

Katie went above and beyond to make sure my wedding was a hit! She listened to every request and question I had. She was the intermediary between myself and the hotel.

Wedding planning is stressful, but she always had a calm
    and friendly demeanor. She made sure all guests had the right food and provided the best recommendations for vendors (thank you to flowers!) It was so well executed— parents, aunts, family and friends all said so :) I’m in love with all of it—flowers, Dragon cake, music, dancing, food ...and of course, the groom, haha 😁

The wedding was super special for close family coming from Japan! Seeing them smile and feeling happy all weekend long made me feel so good!

She always kept things professional (and overcame unexpected challenges). She responded quickly via phone, email and text. She made in-person meetings enjoyable and fun. Katie is the best, thank you!

P.S. Her team is also sharp and very attentive. I don't usually feel like I'm getting any sort of quality customer service. But on my wedding day, I felt I was catered to at every moment. Thanks so much!

Sent on 10/12/2019
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 10/05/2019

We couldn’t have done it without them!

Our wedding would not have been possible without Katie and her amazing team! Katie was incredibly detail-oriented, responsive, and helpful in the weeks leading up to the wedding. She created a detailed timeline and coordinated with all of our vendors in advance. She also coordinated and ran the rehearsal, taking the time to work out the kinks of the ceremony and answer any questions the wedding party had. On the day of the wedding, Katie was there checking in on the wedding party all day while also making sure vendors were on task. She and her team members kept everything running smoothly the entire day (I.e. ensuring guests made it onto the shuttle, ushering the wedding party down the aisle at the right times) and knew every detail of our timeline. Everything was completely seamless, stress-free, and beautiful on our wedding day, and we have Katie and her team to thank!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Sharon · Married on 10/05/2019

Katie’s Got Your Back!

So happy my daughter and husband suggested I use Katie’s services six weeks before the big day! It was such a relief to turn a lot of things over to Katie at that point in time and not be planning solo any longer. Our wedding was big in size and Katie has two wonderful assistants (Caitlyn & Kristen) to help make sure all is well managed and goes according to plan on wedding day. They are all very attentive and professional and we are more than thrilled with the outcome of our daughter’s wedding day!

Sent on 10/12/2019
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 09/28/2019

Best wedding gift to give yourself.

Kaite and Rose Gold Events is the BEST investment you can make for your wedding day. Working with her was terrific. She was available to help in ways I hadn’t even considered -- from keeping things on schedule, to directing vendors, to fixing my dress between the ceremony and reception (surprise hem malfunction!), to giving direction to the DJ. She was invaluable!

We opted to utilize her day-of coordination services, meaning she came fully on board about 6 weeks before the wedding date. However, she was still available to answer questions and give feedback throughout the entire planning process! She was especially great to lean on during vendor selections. In the DC area, there are SO MANY VENDORS to choose from. Her help in narrowing the field to find the perfect a photographer and caterer was especially appreciated! (Especially if they were vendors she’d worked with and could speak to the quality of their services.)

Building the right team to support you on the big day is so important to ensuring everything goes just right -- it will only help to lean on the opinions of your wedding professionals!

I will encourage anyone working with Katie (or any coordinator) to SHARE as much as possible! Katie and her team will help to setup and execute the day you’ve always imagined, but it is extra helpful for them to fully understand your vision and how you want things to come together. I was worried at times I might be sharing too much - but there is no such thing! Katie is ready to handle your event, and truly excited to see and understand your vision. Don’t hold back from sending those photos her way. :)

Sent on 10/20/2019

Brandon · Married on 09/14/2019

You NEED Rose Gold at your Wedding

Short Review: You NEED Rose Gold at your wedding. 5 stars, 10/10, two thumbs up! Yes, I would recommend Rose Gold to any friend.

Long Review: I don’t know where to start, I’ll just say that you NEED Rose Gold at your wedding. If you want peace of mind, and actually ENJOY your day, book Rose Gold.

You might be like us, a couple that just got engagement pictures and have already booked a couple vendors. You think you have it all under control (you have so much time!) and then it hits…the tidal wave of wedding planning…Did you order your place cards? You haven’t heard from the photo booth in a while? Do you have enough alcohol? What’s our rain plan (not that we will need it)? What’s the first dance song? Groom is doing something special for the Bride? Bride is doing special for the groom? Can’t find the cake topper? A guest now needs a vegan meal? Who’s going to line up the bridesmaids? Did the shuttle get to the guests on time? Are the salads pre-served like we wanted? Did everyone get their tip, were the vendors fed? We have Grandma #1, but lost Grandma #2, who’s going to get her in her seat?

The point is, this isn’t even close to the full list and you have no idea what will come up on your wedding day (or even six weeks out)! The only constant is Katie of Rose Gold. We were so impressed with Katie from our first chat on the phone to our hug goodbye after the reception. She is so experienced, organized, calm, and knowledgeable that she provides a blanket of comfort knowing that your wedding day will be perfect because she is on your team. Katie will work with you on a complete timeline from vendors to guests, little details to big moments, from ceremony to packing up your mom’s car. Oh yea, did I mention that she runs the most organized rehearsal you’ll be a part of? You don’t realize how much there is to do on wedding day until you have figured it all out with her. Even six weeks out she helped us stay on track with our planning, kept in touch with all the vendors, and was there with any question, concern, or help that we needed.

Now most venues might come with a day-of planner, sure. But they aren’t going to come up with a personalized timeline, they aren’t going to know your style, likes and dislikes, and when something doesn’t go as planned, they are going to come to you to figure it out (you don't have time for that)!

It makes sense right? There is so much time, money, stress, that goes into this one day…the one day where you shouldn’t have to do anything but enjoy…so don’t…leave it to Kate and Rose Gold Event! Without her, I know our wedding day would not have been perfect, hands down.

And Katie, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you a thousand times!!!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole R. · Married on 09/01/2019

I couldn't of done it without Kristen and Rose Gold Events!

I was recently married 9/1 and worked with Rose Gold Events, specifically Kristen and Katie and can’t say enough nice things about my experience. Kristen was my lead contact and mainly was for day of coordination but was always available for questions, opinions and my onsite meetings. She helped with timelines and all moving pieces before the wedding. I had a huge bridal party and keeping everyone on time and in the right place I couldn’t have done without her! We made all our own centerpieces and provided a lot of décor and Kristen helped with all the setup, take down, packing our cars- everything! And anything I didn’t think of she did- I couldn’t have done it without her she was great to work with.

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Cassie

Cassie D. · Married on 01/12/2019

Rose Gold Katie is truly the best

It's hard to articulate how truly wonderful Katie and her team are -- she made our wedding absolutely perfect and easy. I worked with Katie for full-service planning, starting just about a year from our wedding. She kept us on schedule throughout the entire year, in a step-by-step way that kept us from feeling overwhelmed. Even more, Katie's easy demeanor and kindness make her a joy to work with and promote a stress-free experience.

She's incredibly responsive to what you need out of a planner -- Katie was empowered to make executive decisions about things I didn't care about and she worked to perfect the things I did care about.

She really shines on the event days, though. She kept everything under control and moving, all while keeping such a positive attitude and paying close attention to the happiness levels of everyone around her. She understands what's important and what's not (based on her experience but also from a year of working with me). Multiple people in our wedding party said that they're going to hire Katie when they get married based on just watching her during our wedding (and one of my friends already did hire her!).

Perhaps most importantly, our parents and families felt so taken care of by Katie. That meant they could actually relax and enjoy the day (as could we). Kristen from her team, who we met on our wedding day, was also so nice and helpful.

If you want to enjoy your wedding planning process and wedding day, hire Katie and Rose Gold Events! You will not regret it!

Sent on 01/25/2020
  • Monica

Monica P. · Married on 10/16/2018

Washington DC wedding

The Rose Gold Events team were spectacular! The attention to every detail and their guidance through each step contributed to a wonderful wedding day for our daughter and son-in-law. We highly recommend them. We couldn't have done it without their support!

Sent on 10/16/2018
  • W

Whitney P. · Married on 10/13/2018

Extremely Organized and Flawless Execution

Working with Katie and the team at Rose Gold Events was a dream. I can honestly say I would not change a single thing about my wedding day and was able to enjoy the day without worrying about any logistics or details. They made my dream wedding come true!! Their organization, planning, and execution was perfect and I would highly recommend Rose Gold Events!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Jacqueline · Married on 10/06/2018

Katie is upbeat, energetic, and has many good thoughts and ideas on how to make your special day a stunning adventure. Very organized and all about the day going as smoothly as possible. Impressive work and valuable sources. I would recommend her to any bride.

Sent on 10/18/2016

Alanna · Married on 10/06/2018

So awesome!

Katie and the team at Rose Gold Events were wonderful! Professional and organized and so friendly. They ensured my wedding day went smoothly and helped pack our cars at the end of the night (which was super helpful). I'd definitely recommend them to anyone looking for an event planner. Thank you, Rose Gold Events!

Sent on 10/30/2018