ROQUE Events Reviews

1 User photo

• Hannah
    Hannah P. Married on 10/09/2021

Perfect wedding day

From the first time we spoke to Raquel up through our wedding day I knew we had picked the perfect planner. We aren't local to Napa, and she guided us to find vendors who perfectly fit our vision for our wedding. She made the process so seamless - multiple friends asked me how stressed I was about wedding planning, and I could honestly answer that it hadn't even crossed my mind to be stressed because of Raquel! Her attention to detail and organization helped us stay on track to make the wedding planning process super smooth. She was available for all questions and checked in with us just the right amount. My husband and I are both in various stages of medical training, and Raquel worked around our busy schedules flawlessly to make everything come together with no stress. Multiple guests commented that our wedding looked like something they'd see in a magazine or wedding blog - and it was 100% thanks to Raquel. We are so grateful for her hard work and brilliance!
    Ryan Married on 10/13/2017
    It is impossible for any review to accurately describe what Raquel and her team did for us over the last week. In short, they performed a miracle under the most difficult circumstances imaginable. The Roque team is based in Napa, CA, a community currently suffering the worst wildfires in the history of California. Raquel and Carly both had to move to safety in SF last week, which was also the week our wedding had been scheduled in Napa. On the morning of Tuesday Oct 10, we spoke to Raquel and we were very thankful to hear that she and her family were safe!! She shared with us that she had been evacuated to San Francisco the day before, and then without any hesitation, she started talking about options for our wedding. To still focus on your clients in a situation like this was truly remarkable – we were so very humbled and grateful. My wife’s family and many friends had already travelled to California from Russia and Europe, so we were still hoping to have an event somewhere in the Bay Area. Within hours of our call with Raquel Tuesday morning, she had not one but two different options for a wedding in San Francisco!! Let’s pause here for a second to consider what Raquel did for us. The morning after relocating from the fires, she was not only engaged with her clients but also rescheduled an entire wedding within a matter of hours. Just writing about this makes us choke up with gratitude. We were married at the beautiful Fairmont Hotel in SF and our reception was in the Crown Room, which has 360 views of the city. Our wedding day was truly amazing and a day we will always remember. All this happened because of Raquel and her team. Every single one of our guests were amazed at how we were able to have a Fairmont wedding on such short notice. We know several guests who have already referred their friends to Raquel! Words cannot describe how forever grateful we will be for Raquel and her team. Raquel, Carly, we cannot say these words enough–thank you.
    Mike Married on 06/09/2017
    Raquel and the outstanding team at ROQUE were indispensable and FUN partners in planning our beautiful San Francisco wedding for 150 guests. We wanted our day to be unique, and to have a boutique, personal experience with our planning team— they delivered. If you read no further, know that ROQUE Events have the planning expertise, design sense, and professional network to put together a memorable event on any scale.

When we began our planning process, we wanted to explore venues in both San Francisco (where we live), and in wine country. Despite being Napa-based, ROQUE had no trouble introducing us to great venues and vendors in both locations, nor with ultimately coordinating an amazing wedding in the city, including several in-person meetings and previews.

Based on our input, ROQUE created an effective vision board for our event and coordinated an army of vendors to bring it to life. Where we didn’t have existing vendor relationships, ROQUE hooked us up with a dream team that fit our style perfectly. Where we brought vendors to the table, ROQUE quickly established a super-positive working relationship. If we wanted something done, they found a way to make it work and make it better. Countless times, their expertise helped us hone in on details we might not have thought of at all.

Thanks to ROQUE, on our wedding day, we were able to go with the flow and enjoy ourselves. Our guests had the BEST time. Everything was beautiful. At the end of the night, the team made sure we received all our personal items. Post-event follow up has been great.

Throughout the process, ROQUE kept us on track with detailed timelines, conversation logs, vendor lists, payment schedules, and monthly checklists for other items we needed to accomplish. Communication was fast, clear, and it was obvious that ROQUE do not take on more clients/events than they can handle with a personal touch.

In short, we’re thrilled with our experience, and you will be too!
    Julie Married on 06/03/2017
    We are over the moon happy that we hired Roque Events to plan our wedding. They delivered in every way. From the vendor list to the timeline we felt every detail was thought of and cared for. Raquel is so easy to talk to and both her and Haley's energy is amazing. It's important to have a good solid positive vibe surrounding you on your wedding day and they deliver. I was blown away by the delicate way they kept us on schedule and made the day flow. I have actually received multiple thank you cards from our guests saying it was the best wedding they have ever attended. I highly recommend Roque Events. They are the best and I am so grateful we chose them to share in our special day. I can't stop telling everyone how amazing they are.
    Katie Married on 05/07/2016
    Raquel and Haley are outstanding! I have always admired Raquel's work on social media and she came highly recommended from friends who have been able to work with her in the past. My husband and I live in Napa so we are familiar with many wedding planners in the area and are so happy we chose them to plan our special day. They made the process easy and enjoyable! They have partnerships with the finest Photographers, DJs, Photo Booths , etc. in the bay area and were able to perfectly match us with vendors that best fit our vision for our day. The ROQUE team is very organized, their monthly checklists kept me on track and always left me feeling prepared, but never overwhelmed. Raquel and Haley went above and beyond. We met several times and exchanged countless emails. They made every meeting fun and gave me confidence about every decision, from linens to last minute questions at our rehearsal. When our wedding day finally came I was so happy to see their friendly, smiling faces! Thanks to Raquel and Haley our day went off without a hitch. We had the most perfect, stress free, enjoyable day of our lives. So many of our guests went out of their way to tell us how much fun they had and that it was the best wedding they had ever attended. We would highly recommend ROQUE and feel like we made lifelong friends with the team.
  • User2400529 2+ years ago
    Roque Napa Events was a pleasure to work with. They helped with our vision, design, pre and day of coordination. We were pleased with every vendor Roque recommended and we contracted with. They made the process simple, easy and fun! I have since referred them to the Fortune 500 company I work at and have successfully designed and coordinated a corporate client event in San Francisco. They are professional, creative and handle last minute requests beautifully. If you are looking for an unique Napa experience that incorporates your personality and style, Roque Napa Events can bring it to life with flawless execution, leaving you stress-free on your big day.

ROQUE Events's reply:

What an occasion! Working with a unique vision like yours is what inspires us (even the last minute requests). Thank you for letting us bring your wedding dream to life and we look forward to keeping in touch.
    Hermiene Married on 07/04/2015
    Raquel, owner of ROQUE Events not only helped us find the perfect locations for our daughter's Napa wedding and reception, but orchestrated and guided us to some of the most creative and talented vendors in the area! Raquel really listened to what the bride wanted and helped create the vision our daughter had for the wedding. We found Raquel to be a extremely detailed and organized person - with bi-weekly phone meetings ( the bride and groom live in NYC and we live in Indiana!) She took care of all the details and managed the vendors and everything was planned to a realistic time line! Raquel has surrounded herself with very capable assistants to help ensure that everything went off perfectly. Never did anyone feel pressured or hurried. As parents we were able relax and enjoy the wedding and our guests without ever feeling the need to followup or check on anything! Raquel and her team took care of everything !
    The wedding was turned out to be spectacular!
  • User2430863 2+ years ago
    Raquel and Haley were professional, organized and prompt with vendor communication. They were extremely pleasant and always nice to talk to. I would have liked more guidance with budgeting early on in the planning process. I also would have liked more direction and guidance on the wedding day pre-ceremony time; it was a hectic time and could have gone more smoothly if Raquel or Haley met the wedding party when we arrived at the venue.

ROQUE Events's reply:

So happy you found our team to be communicative and professional. We strive to provide quick response times and a swift execution to all our clients. Wedding costs can be overwhelming and we are so sorry the package you chose didn't provide the budgeting assistance you expected. Did you have the opportunity to request additional budget services? We welcome special requests.

On the day of, with deliveries arriving hours behind the time they committed, my team focused on expediting the setup so your guests arrived to a beautiful aesthetic -- we would much rather have spent the time personally greeting you and the wedding party. Even though the venue didn't offer a private experience until your ceremony began, your big day was gorgeous!
    Megan Married on 03/16/2017
    I hired Raquel from Roque Events to plan my Elopement earlier this year. Raquel was very professional until we made our first payment. From there, things went down. We ended our business relationship with Raquel and Roque Events a few months later (before she could take anymore of my hard-earned dollars) and have never looked back. Raquel has $2150 of mine, and she can keep it. Notice her responses to other reviews on here. She is very condescending. That is Raquel and the treatment from Roque Events. Do your research and trust the negative reviews!! I wish I would have known!!
    Mimi Married on 12/28/2017
    I am a designer with 12 years experience and applied to work for this company. I was horrified by the way I was treated by the staff the first day on the job. Catty backstabbing behavior is unprofessional. Not to mention they didn't have appropriate supplies to begin or finish the project! Who's in charge there. Certainly not the designer as all he could talk about was how horrible the owners were and that he was quitting. That is very unprofessional to do in front of staff and new staff. I never got paid for the time I worked and the list goes on. As a professional in this industry you must welcome and work with the new staff to help them get on board and not criticize the staff who may do things differently, because of their many years experience and success in doing it. the final product is the same. I wanted to work with adults not babies.