119 Reviews for root + gather events

Cultural (3)
Rehearsal Dinner (2)
Civil (2)
Religious (1)

We are parents of the groom, so had less interaction. We did, however, plan a "welcome dinner" for 120 guests at a destination wedding. Our planner did a great job especially at the event itself making for a smooth and eventful evening. She also did a great job with the wedding planning, and worked tirelessly at the event itself.

Profile Picture Philip, 9/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Sara with Root and Gather is the best! The minute she took the reigns I immediately felt better about the progress of our planning and it was smooth sailing from there on. She was personable and easy to work with and she made sure everything turned out the way we envisioned it. Even when we threw a few (literally) last minute items her way, she made it work and seamlessly blended those things in with the rest of the wedding. Excellent experience!

Profile Picture Cora, 9/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Darcy is the best! For whatever reason, I gave myself a month to plan a wedding a few states away. She made it possible! From vendors to logistics and budget, everything was so organized. I would recommend a wedding planner, especially Root + Gather, to anyone!

Profile Picture Alyse, 9/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Truly outstanding -- these ladies are the best!!! We began our search for a day-of (month-of) coordinator because having one was required by our venue (we didn't think we needed one), and we are SO thankful for the requirement because looking back, we can't imaging doing it without Root and Gather. Planning a wedding for the first time, it was difficult for us to understand beforehand exactly what we needed, what a wedding coordinator does, etc. We were clueless, but we chose Root and Gather based on their outstanding reviews and their experience working at River Bend (our venue). We could not have asked for a more caring, thoughtful, and totally-on-top-of-every-detail coordinator. We met with Alaina for our initial meeting, and worked with Crystal as our lead coordinator for the walkthrough, rehearsal, and wedding day. They are both incredible and you will be in great hands no matter who you end up working with. Crystal was thoroughly prepared at our walkthrough to address every detail; she was available to give guidance and answer any question we had throughout the process; she created a detailed timeline for the wedding day and followed up with every vendor we contracted to confirm our orders and schedule for the day (even working some magic on the ones who had not been getting back to me). For our rehearsal and wedding day, she took charge and made the process fun and stress-free for us, executing the vision and ideas that we had discussed impeccably. Crystal, we so appreciate how hard you worked literally running around making everything perfect. If you are looking for a wedding planner or coordinator, I can't imagine finding anyone better than Root and Gather -- and we felt like their services came at a great value compared to other options we considered.

Profile Picture Kate, 9/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

The BEST choice we made when planning our wedding was reserving Root & Gather for our day-of coordination. To start, I met Alaina via facetime to hear about their services, and to tell her our vision for the wedding. We booked R&G right away and I could not have been more relieved. Any questions that we had leading up to the wedding-- from transportation advice to if we were getting a good price on vendors-- R&G helped with it all.
The month leading up to the wedding was when we knew we made an amazing choice by selecting Root & Gather for our coordination. After a long planning meeting, we walked away knowing our wedding would be an absolute success. The peace alone that we felt leading up to the wedding knowing that we were in great hands is worth it!
The day of our wedding was perfect. We were never rushed, never worried about set up or surprise guests, and never informed on any mishap that may have happened throughout the day ALL thanks to the amazing coordination of Alaina and Crystal.
THANK YOU Root & Gather for making our day perfect.
Even if you are a couple on a budget, DO NOT skip out on reserving Root & Gather. They are worth every single penny!

Profile Picture Shelby, 8/11/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Referrals

Darcy from Root + Gather was incredible. The day of the wedding went incredible smooth thanks to her. We were able to relax and truly enjoy ourselves knowing she was taking care of us and all of the days moments. She kindly kept us on track with our timeline while still being flexible as moments were happening. It was the most beautiful day ever!

Profile Picture Brit, 8/3/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines

Going with R&G is the best decision we made for our wedding. Through them we found amazing vendors including caters, rental and makeup. Alaina was very sweet, organized and thoughtful in guiding us through the preparation steps we took. We also got fun suggestions for decoration. Things got super hectic the last two weeks before the wedding and we wouldn't have known how to handle all the tasks without her help. We had an outdoor wedding on a Colorado farm in late July. On the day of, it was very windy, then started to sprinkle a bit. Alaina and her assistant Darcy were so calm and assured us that they had everything under control. They did! They timed every steps so well that by the time the guests settled inside the tent and ready for dinner, the heavy rain started to pour down while we were enjoying our time still. It was a magical night, and we know it wouldn't have happened thet smoothly without them.

Profile Picture Hien, 7/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Alaina and Root + Gather were amazing! I highly recommend Alaina for all your wedding planning needs. She was the planner for my son and daughter-in-law's farm wedding. Everything had to be brought in for the wedding and Alaina's recommendations for rentals and the caterer were wonderful. She was an invaluable help in the weeks leading up to the wedding coordinating with the rentals and the venue. On the day of the wedding, she and her assistant, Darcy, saw that everything ran smoothly. I don't think she has any control over the weather, but she certainly was able to work around the sometimes rainy and windy day! We managed to fit in the outdoor ceremony and she got us all under the tent for dinner just before the heavy rainfall. Alaina is a very warm, caring person who truly seems to love what she does!

Profile Picture Mary, 7/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

The moment we met with the owner, Alaina, we knew that root + gather were the right planners for us! We worked with Crystal for design and month of planning for our wedding at the Lyons Farmette. Crystal was incredibly organized, thoughtful, and a joy to work with! We kept talking about what a wonderful calming presence she was to have around during our wedding planning. Every time I talked to her I felt calm and prepared. She is truly amazing. Crystal also really understood my vision and our personalities and did an excellent job of executing exactly what we wanted! I honestly felt NO stress the week leading up to my wedding because I knew I was in such good hands! Everyone at my wedding kept commenting on how personal the whole thing felt, I really attribute that to Crystal, she knew exactly what we wanted and worked with us to make it happen! On top of that she is just the sweetest and so fun to hang out with! My family was really trying to get her to come to the after party with us because they loved her so much! :)

Profile Picture Gabriella, 7/21/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, Referrals, Non-Religious

Alaina is seriously the best ever! We were so lucky to find Root and Gather. Multiple vendors we used commented on how organized and punctual they were and one of the best planners they had ever worked with.
Alaina and her team helped us plan and design our perfect day, wouldn't have changed a thing. Super low stress, everything went perfectly, and they helped us throw one heck of a party :)
Would 100% recommend Root and Gather for any wedding needs.

Profile Picture Kristen, 7/21/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

I cannot say enough about Root + Gather and our planner, Darcy! We originally thought that we had it all on point and wouldn't need a planner for our big day, but boy were we wrong and we were so thankful that we had hired Darcy from Root + Gather! I was so overwhelmed when the big day came with all the things that had to be done, from setting up the centerpieces to getting ready to walk down the aisle. When Darcy arrived on site, I felt like a weight had been lifted! Not only was everything setup perfectly and beyond my expectations, I was able to truly relax and enjoy the day with my family and friends and take in EVERY moment! If you're on the fence about hiring a planner, I can tell you first hand that it is definitely worth it! Hire Root + Gather so you can truly enjoy your day, because it goes by so fast and you want to savor every moment! Thank you Darcy!!!

Profile Picture Tegan, 7/21/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

As a nervous MOB I could not have been happier with Alaina's help. She left no detail unattended and was always responsive to my questions or concerns making me feel at ease to enjoy the big day. She was great!

Profile Picture Vicki, 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Holy cow. Hiring Root + Gather Events for our wedding at The River Bend in Lyons, CO, was literally the best thing we did. Crystal Klink was our coordinator, and she was both meticulously organized, and incredibly fun to hang out and work with. She was 100% available to us whenever we needed her. She also provided us with a thorough checklist - things we had not even thought about, she was on top of them. And, she kept us on task in the critical weeks leading up to our wedding. We also worked with Alaina, who was simply wonderful. No joke, with the two of them working so hard, my husband and I did not have to worry about a thing. They set our tables, set our appetizers and lawn games, made sure our guests were comfortable AND cleaned up everything at the end of the evening. We could not have done it without them, and I would 100% recommend them to all of my friends and family. Heck, we genuinely want to hang out with Crystal and Alaina. They are just great people to know.

With All Sincerity
- Christine & Rob

Profile Picture Robert, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Destination, Eco-Friendly, Non-Religious

Alaina and her team were such an essential part of our wedding planning and execution. We faced a long to-do list and we had no experience throwing a wedding party! But Alaina and her team stepped in armed with check-lists, contacts, and tons of experience and just made the entire process feel like a breeze. She talked with us extensively to try and understand the vibe we were aiming for and then put the pieces in place to execute on our vision. When it came to execution on the day-of, we did not worry for a moment about whether or not the pieces would fall in to place. We had full confidence that Alaina and the Root + Gather team would pull together everything flawlessly, and our confidence was well-placed. Every element came together without us giving a second thought, and our guests have been telling us ever since how much they loved the wedding and how smoothly everything came off, especially given the size (220 guests). We recommend Alaina and Root + Gather without any hesitation or reservation; you will not find a better, more fun, more calming and down-to-earth team to organize and execute your wedding day plans. Thanks Alaina!

Profile Picture Carolyn, 7/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We were lucky enough to work with Crystal and she is literally a superhero. She is one of the sweetest and most personable people we were lucky enough to work with while planning our wedding. She made the process so simple and easy for us and she made our day carefree (and definitely stress-free). She was an absolute joy to work with and a true professional. She made our wedding perfect! Thank you so much, Crystal!

Profile Picture Zeena, 6/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

The day went flawlessly, without a hitch. Alaina was so professional and every minute was planned out perfectly!

Profile Picture Alexa, 6/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I don’t have enough words to recommend root+gather!!
Alaina is a total joy to work with, organized, professional, completely on top of every detail you can possibly imagine! Her staff is equally as wonderful!
She organized the rehearsal, contacted and instructed all the vendors, florist, DJ etc. Displayed all of my daughter’s special decorations, stayed through the entire reception and packed up everything in our cars at the end of the night! All with a big smile and constantly checking with me to make sure all of our needs were being met. We enjoyed having her and her staff at the wedding as much as our guests:)
I can’t imagine a more lovely person to work with!
My husband and I (and Bride & Groom!) were able to just enjoy every second of the wedding.
Last wedding in our family, but I’d use Alaina again in a HEARTBEAT!!!

Profile Picture Barb, 6/10/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Root + Gather were absolutely amazing to work with. From the time of our initial meeting til the big day, Crystal and team did an amazing job coordinating everything. Both of us were really able to just enjoy our day and not have to worry about all the things behind the scenes. We would highly recommend Crystal and everyone at Root + Gather if you are looking for personable, fun, professional, and reliable coordinators for your wedding. It really is worth it considering all the stress that comes with the wedding!

Profile Picture Monique, 6/9/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Alaina & root + gather were amazing. Before we had even booked her, Alaina suggested our venue, which ended up being perfect for us. Throughout planning she was helpful and responsive, and on the day of, she and her coordinator kept everything running smoothly. We would never have been able to pull off the wedding without her (or, we could have, but it would have been way less organized and less fun for our guests). So glad we booked her! A planner can be a hefty portion of the wedding budget but it's worth every penny.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/26/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

Our daughter's wedding was a tremendous success due in large part to Root and Gather. Darcy was professional, engaged, and customer focused through out the entire process. She was always available to answer questions, offer ideas, and to trouble shoot challenges as they arose. I was able to thoroughly enjoy the wedding itself because Darcy was there to handle any and all issues throughout the night. I would highly recommend Root and Gather for your special day!

Profile Picture jennifer, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

root + gather was absolutely the best event planning studio I could have chosen to help with my event, Denver Fitness Week. From the start they seemed to sense my style, and executed a plan that was beyond my expectations. They were organized, prompt, professional, resourceful and very creative! Alaina has connections as well with some great vendors in the event industry and we were able to get all we wanted and more within our budget. I would 5 star plus rate root + gather and already look forward to working with them next year.

Profile Picture Tracy, 5/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

We hired Alaina Johnson of Root and Gather to assist with the final touches of our daughter’s wedding at The Barn at Raccoon Creek in Littleton. Alaina is very organized and knowledgeable, which makes her so very easy to work with. Alaina and Darcy were our team for the big day .... one which was totally covered in snow to start with. Alaina’s calm approach kept both my daughter and myself feeling positive it would all work out fine .... and it did ... it was beautiful! The R+G team carried out my daughter’s vision for the decorations, and tear down was a breeze .... you can’t go wrong hiring this amazing team to bring your visions of your big day to life!

Photo
Profile Picture Rhonda, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I cannot say enough great things about this AMAZING group of wedding planners! I worked directly with Alaina as my day of wedding coordinator starting 45 days out, and Darcy was there on my wedding day as the assistant. The weather was terrible in the morning and I was so stressed about it. Alaina helped calm me down and told me she would come back at the latest possible time I had to make the decision to move the ceremony inside and gave me the best possible advice on what to do. Also, something had happened to the grooms tie and we didn't realize it until he was getting ready, so pretty last minute. Darcy ran to the store and bought him one that would match. I honestly cant imagine how people get married without a wedding planner. These girls worked so hard to make my day perfect. Things that could have been a disaster were not and my day was definitely way less stressful because I had them by my side!! The services they provide and their execution of them are well worth every penny!

Profile Picture Megan, 4/21/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We were lucky enough to work with Alaina for our wedding last December. We knew that she was the planner we wanted to work with when she was so quick in response during initial inquiries, but were sold during our first meeting over margaritas and lots of laughs. She is very down to earth, responsive, and dependable -- exactly what you want for one of the most important days of your life! She even started a little early, and drove out to meet us at last minute notice when we found that our venue would be closed for initial walk through when the 6 weeks of planning began. Our event had 90% out of town guests for a destination wedding, and it was executed flawlessly. If there were problems, I had no idea. I just got to show up and have the best day of my life! With the 6 week planning package I felt I had plenty of opportunity to do any DIY and planning I wanted, then handed spreadsheets with my plans over to Alaina and did not worry one bit. She and her team executed beautiful on the decorations I had planned, made sure I got food and was well taken care of, and handled a potential disaster the day before when we found that a few guests were coming that were not previously expected, without a blink of an eye. I just called her, overwhelmingly emotional with all that was happening, and she said, "don't worry, I'll take care of everything" -- and I can't say how much that meant in that moment. I just could not recommend her and her team enough! I am lucky to have worked with her for one of the best days of our lives, but to have made a friend in the process :) Thanks Alaina & team!!!

Profile Picture Kathy, 12/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, Ceremony, Reception