98 Reviews for root + gather events

Eco-Friendly (4)
Cultural (3)
Rehearsal Dinner (2)
Civil (2)

We hired Alaina Johnson of Root and Gather to assist with the final touches of our daughter’s wedding at The Barn at Raccoon Creek in Littleton. Alaina is very organized and knowledgeable, which makes her so very easy to work with. Alaina and Darcy were our team for the big day .... one which was totally covered in snow to start with. Alaina’s calm approach kept both my daughter and myself feeling positive it would all work out fine .... and it did ... it was beautiful! The R+G team carried out my daughter’s vision for the decorations, and tear down was a breeze .... you can’t go wrong hiring this amazing team to bring your visions of your big day to life!

Photo
Profile Picture Rhonda, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I cannot say enough great things about this AMAZING group of wedding planners! I worked directly with Alaina as my day of wedding coordinator starting 45 days out, and Darcy was there on my wedding day as the assistant. The weather was terrible in the morning and I was so stressed about it. Alaina helped calm me down and told me she would come back at the latest possible time I had to make the decision to move the ceremony inside and gave me the best possible advice on what to do. Also, something had happened to the grooms tie and we didn't realize it until he was getting ready, so pretty last minute. Darcy ran to the store and bought him one that would match. I honestly cant imagine how people get married without a wedding planner. These girls worked so hard to make my day perfect. Things that could have been a disaster were not and my day was definitely way less stressful because I had them by my side!! The services they provide and their execution of them are well worth every penny!

Profile Picture Megan, 4/21/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We were lucky enough to work with Alaina for our wedding last December. We knew that she was the planner we wanted to work with when she was so quick in response during initial inquiries, but were sold during our first meeting over margaritas and lots of laughs. She is very down to earth, responsive, and dependable -- exactly what you want for one of the most important days of your life! She even started a little early, and drove out to meet us at last minute notice when we found that our venue would be closed for initial walk through when the 6 weeks of planning began. Our event had 90% out of town guests for a destination wedding, and it was executed flawlessly. If there were problems, I had no idea. I just got to show up and have the best day of my life! With the 6 week planning package I felt I had plenty of opportunity to do any DIY and planning I wanted, then handed spreadsheets with my plans over to Alaina and did not worry one bit. She and her team executed beautiful on the decorations I had planned, made sure I got food and was well taken care of, and handled a potential disaster the day before when we found that a few guests were coming that were not previously expected, without a blink of an eye. I just called her, overwhelmingly emotional with all that was happening, and she said, "don't worry, I'll take care of everything" -- and I can't say how much that meant in that moment. I just could not recommend her and her team enough! I am lucky to have worked with her for one of the best days of our lives, but to have made a friend in the process :) Thanks Alaina & team!!!

Profile Picture Kathy, 12/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, Ceremony, Reception

My daughter's wedding was exceptional. I truly don't have words to express how wonderful it was to work with Alaina Johnson. This was my first experience with a wedding planner or a party planner and it was just exceptional. I was able to fully relax, have great fun and just enjoy the special moments. I experienced a great sense of calm knowing someone capable, kind, and thoughtful was in charge. That peace-of-mind was invaluable on a very important, but busy day. Everything ran smoothly and every need was anticipated for the bride and groom, and all of our guests. All the details including the food (appetizers and a meal) the music, the flowers, the servers, bartenders and the venue were coordinated beautifully and seamlessly. My daughter and her new husband were beyond pleased and happy!

With sincere gratitude,
Lisa Rhodes (mother of the bride)

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I can't even express in words how amazing and incredibly helpful Alaina and the rest of the team at Root + Gather are and were for our wedding. Alaina helped us with every little detail and was always super quick to respond to any questions I had. Her knowledge and professionalism with everything wedding related is amazing. Our wedding day went by perfectly and we absolutely thank Alaina and Root + Gather for that! I would highly recommend Root + Gather for wedding planning!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Non-Religious

Alaina was a lifesaver! She consistently went out of her way to make us feel supported and taken care of (and that was even before the wedding day). On the day of, she simply told us (a few times) to just relax and let her handle things. The venue looked beautiful, we got to just enjoy our day, and it was completely magical! We couldn't recommend her more highly!
-Sami and Jordan

Profile Picture Sami, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

From our first meeting until everything was packed away after the wedding, we really loved working with root + gather! They are good people who are talented, humble, and selfless. Every interaction was friendly, focused, and professional; Crystal provided valuable leadership in planning and execution, and was always thinking steps ahead. She partnered seamlessly with our vendors and we trusted her completely; we, our families, and our friends were able to be fully present and enjoy the wedding day. It was truly priceless for everyone to be worry-free and just celebrate! When some unexpected weather came through, we were barely even aware of it. Crystal and Alaina shielded us from any stress and unnecessary decision making; they quickly moved the ceremony and took care of everything. We really appreciate root + gather and don't even know half of what it took to facilitate our perfect day. We are so happy and can't thank them enough.

Profile Picture Vanessa, 10/1/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Crystal was a total life-saver. She assisted us in creating a vision for our wedding and knew all the right people to help make it a reality. I live out of state, so Crystal acted as my boot-on-the-ground for the planning process. She made herself so available to me and my family and was always reassuring us with a smile. Crystal's attention to detail allowed our event to be totally seamless. Cannot recommend this lady any higher, she is the best!!

Photo for root + gather events Review - Harvest Tables and Chairs, flowers by Fawns Leap
Photo for root + gather events Review - Ceremony- Milston Well Farm
Photos
Photo for root + gather events Review - La Pompe Jazz
Profile Picture Hope, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Responsive, creative, attuned to our vision, not cookie-cutter. Professional and fun. Great resources. Wonderful to work with. HIGHLY recommend!!

Profile Picture Lynne, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Alaina is incredible. Just incredible. She has such a wonderful way of putting you at ease during what can be a very stressful experience (especially for us as we planned our wedding long distance!). Alaina handled everything we threw at her (intense family members! a photo booth person who forgot the guest book! a hurricane preventing some friends from coming!) with pose, grace, humor, and kindness. Our wedding was beautiful and perfect: we owe so much of that to Alaina's vendor suggestions, advice, and day-of cat-wrangling. Seriously, if you want someone to manage all the details and also be a huge advocate for your wants and needs, hire root+gather.

Profile Picture LisaLundgren, 9/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Civil, Destination, Non-Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

From start to finish, Crystal was top notch!!! I would recommend her in a heartbeat. Always confident. Always there when you needed her. Always responsive to any issues that might have come up.

Profile Picture Kathy, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We worked with Crystal for our Boulder wedding in September and she was absolutely amazing to work with. Organization is definitely not one of my best areas and I'm not sure what we would have done without her. Even my mother (who I must say is very organized herself) thought it was a must to work with R&G and Crystal as they helped make sure the month and wedding day were absolutely perfect. Alaina helped with the wedding day and even with a delayed bus and late start to the ceremony, I felt at ease knowing they were handling everything, My husband and I had the best day day of our lives to date and we owe a huge part of it to Root and Gather for their help! Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Kate, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Crystal and Root and Gather were so incredibly helpful for us! We like to do things ourselves and were concerned about the cost of hiring a day-of coordinator, but it was totally worth it! We were able to enjoy our day with our family and friends rather than being stressed about details. Crystal contacted all our vendors in advance and let us know when there were problems (and there were! we wouldn't have known until the wedding day!), did a beautiful job with the set up and breakdown of our reception, made sure that we got drinks, appetizers, and food, and made everything streamlined and stress-free. We wouldn't have been able to enjoy our wedding weekend nearly as much without Crystal and Root and Gather. Highly recommended, and total worth the cost!

Profile Picture Danica, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Alaina was wonderful to work with, experienced, and affordable.

We wanted a casual/low key wedding and the team created the perfect day for us! The team does an amazing job and is very professional in a friendly way!

Alaina is also quick and knows how to handle situations on the spot – we had a disorganized/difficult caterer and Alaina/Hannah picked up the slack to ensure our day was perfect! She always made us feel as though she had everything 100% under control and the day of the wedding ran so smoothly.

I would highly recommend Root+Gather - Words cannot express my gratitude for Alaina and her staff!

Profile Picture Amy, 8/12/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I had never considered hiring a wedding coordinator, but I am so glad I did! We hired Alaina as our day of coordinator and she was exceptional from start to finish. "Day of" really was 45 days out from the wedding and Alaina helped with everything from set up to break down, to vendor coordination, timeline etc. and was extremely responsive to my dozens of emails prior to the big day. The day of the wedding I didn't have to worry about a thing, I was able to enjoy myself and fully be present in every moment. It started to rain just before my outdoor ceremony but Alaina kept me calm and quickly suggested a Plan B to having dinner on the lawn as I had originally envisioned (as it was an outdoor venue). She reassured me that everything would still be beautiful set up under the tent and it was! Luckily the rain let up just enough for us to have our ceremony outdoors and then after the ceremony the sun came out and everything was perfect. Without Alaina I would probably have had a melt down ha ha. Alaina is such a professional but she is also a sweet, caring and funny lady! She was so easy to work with and worth every penny. I could go on and on but instead I will definitely be recommending her to anyone I know that is planning a wedding. Whether your venue requires a coordinator or not, I would highly suggest taking the stress off of your shoulders so you can enjoy your day and leave all of the details to Alaina and her team.

Profile Picture Alexis, 7/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious

We worked with Crystal, who was super organized, responsive, and patient. She walked us through the process in a way that made us feel both well-informed and carefree. We really appreciated Crystal's knack for finding items that needed to be thought through and her foresight to arrange wedding details in such a way that our wedding week and wedding were very stress-free! As a plus, Crystal and her day-of counterpart Darcy were very adept at wrangling our large and boisterous family throughout the wedding! We would definitely recommend Root and Gather and truly appreciate their help in making our wedding so special!

Profile Picture Julie, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We were absolutely blown away by Alaina Andrew her team and how seamless they made our wedding. We didn't have to worry about anything, she kept us organized through the planning process and handled everything the day of. I seriously don't know how we would have done it without them! We recommend Root and Gather to everyone who wants to have a perfect wedding day!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

As the mother of the bride, I can't say enough positive things about Crystal and Root & Gather! We opted for the full package, as I lived out of state, and I'm so glad we did! I truly feel like we were working with a friend who understood everything we wanted and needed and worked to make the day turn out perfectly! Crystal was always on top of every single detail and her organization and connections made the day flow so well. I'm sure things were crazy behind the scenes but as the family, we were unaware of any issues. We just saw the perfect wedding come to be! I would highly recommend Root & Gather and Crystal!!!

Profile Picture Linda, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Alaina was great to work with. She was quick to respond to our questions and easy to work with. She was involved with the wedding and the rehearsal dinner.

Everything was perfect.

I would highly recommend her services.

Profile Picture Alan, 6/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I have so much love for Alaina at root + gather! Choosing to work with her as our 45 day wedding coordinator was one of the best decisions we made while planning our Lyons Farmette wedding.

We weren't sure what to expect while planning an out-of-state wedding, and actually signed with her before meeting her in person. But once my (now) husband and I met her while in town on a wedding planning trip, we felt an instant connection with her and were so thrilled with our decision (bonus, she's hilarious!)! She's a true professional, and was on top of every single detail - providing us with recaps of what had been decided and what still needed to happen. She helped us with little details that us wedding planning rookies had no idea how to handle. She gave great direction around vendors and decorations. She encouraged us to make our day unique, and us (encouraging my husband to wear a wig for our grand entrance before dinner - because, why not?!). She answered our (somewhat frantic) week-of texts and phone calls around around decorations we hadn't thought about. She hung our decorations day-of at the venue. She even snuggled with our lonely pups who were on-site and could hear the fun we were having, but were unable to be out enjoying it. Overall she made sure we didn't have a thing to worry about while the event was taking place.

I could go on, but basically she and her team are rockstars. You'll feel completely taken care of working with root + gather.

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Destination, Eco-Friendly, Ceremony, Reception

Crystal was nothing short of perfect. She was so much help throughout the entire weekend and even several weeks before. I trusted her opinion on quite a few things, and our day turned out to be absolutely magical. Honestly, our wedding was picture perfect in our eyes, and if anything went wrong, I had no idea! She made me feel comfortable and eased any anxiety I may have had. I can't recommend Crystal enough. She is sweet but still assertive, and managed to handle my rowdy and boozy quests. THANK YOU, Crystal!

Second, Darcy helped me with getting decor and my overall "theme" for our wedding. She was quick to offer advice and set up vision boards. When I walked into our reception hall, everything was a dream. The set up (thanks to Crystal and staff) was exactly how I envisioned it.

Planning a wedding from a separate state is hard, but this team helped me through it!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

To say that Root + Gather was a godsend would be a massive understatement. From the moment my husband and I met with Crystal, we knew we would be in excellent hands and had to hire her. We were able to thoroughly and honestly enjoy our wedding planning process and so much of that has to do with how calming, organized, and supportive Crystal and Darcy are.
About 4 months before our wedding, after most of our larger vendors were booked and planning was in full effect, our original wedding venue suffered a tragedy in the form of a wildfire. Before I even heard of anything on the news, I received a calming phone call from Crystal who reassured me that she was in communication with the venue and was in the process of booking us meetings to take a look at other venues within our scope. She handled that tough situation so graciously, quickly, and professionally. Within a couple of days, we had already booked our new wedding venue and our down-deposit from our original venue was already in the mail. Because of Crystal, we didn't even have time to worry about our wedding. Everything had fallen back into place.
My husband and I always envisioned a more "DIY" wedding. We made all of our own table settings, ceremony and reception decorations, and were bringing all of our own water and drinks. Because of the nature of the wedding we planned, there was a lot to unpack, set-up, manage, and pack-up again. We were so blown away when our wedding day arrived and Crystal insisted that she was in control of all of our DIY'ed everything. She and Darcy so effortlessly arranged our ceremony spot and reception spot beautifully and packed absolutely everything back up at the end of the night. My husband and I never had to lift a finger on our wedding day. We felt so spoiled! We can't thank Crystal and Darcy enough. Their wonderful professionalism and efficiency is matched by their sweet demeanors and friendly attitude. We would recommend them a million times over to absolutely anyone.

Profile Picture Hannah, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Alaina and her team did an absolutely fantastic job! She took everything off my plate so I could truely enjoy being a bride and didn't have to worry about a thing. She anticipated questions and made suggestions on things that I hadn't even thought about. I would recommend Root & Gather to any bride!

Jean

Profile Picture Jean , 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

This is the wedding planner everyone dreams of. Alaina made it easy and we had a spectacular wedding to remember. I highly recommend Root and Gather

Profile Picture Kay, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Transportation, Wedding Planning