111 Reviews for root + gather events

Cultural (3)
Rehearsal Dinner (2)
Civil (2)
111 root + gather events Reviews

Darcy from Root + Gather was incredible. The day of the wedding went incredible smooth thanks to her. We were able to relax and truly enjoy ourselves knowing she was taking care of us and all of the days moments. She kindly kept us on track with our timeline while still being flexible as moments were happening. It was the most beautiful day ever!

Profile Picture Brit, 8/3/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines

Going with R&G is the best decision we made for our wedding. Through them we found amazing vendors including caters, rental and makeup. Alaina was very sweet, organized and thoughtful in guiding us through the preparation steps we took. We also got fun suggestions for decoration. Things got super hectic the last two weeks before the wedding and we wouldn't have known how to handle all the tasks without her help. We had an outdoor wedding on a Colorado farm in late July. On the day of, it was very windy, then started to sprinkle a bit. Alaina and her assistant Darcy were so calm and assured us that they had everything under control. They did! They timed every steps so well that by the time the guests settled inside the tent and ready for dinner, the heavy rain started to pour down while we were enjoying our time still. It was a magical night, and we know it wouldn't have happened thet smoothly without them.

Profile Picture Hien, 7/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Alaina and Root + Gather were amazing! I highly recommend Alaina for all your wedding planning needs. She was the planner for my son and daughter-in-law's farm wedding. Everything had to be brought in for the wedding and Alaina's recommendations for rentals and the caterer were wonderful. She was an invaluable help in the weeks leading up to the wedding coordinating with the rentals and the venue. On the day of the wedding, she and her assistant, Darcy, saw that everything ran smoothly. I don't think she has any control over the weather, but she certainly was able to work around the sometimes rainy and windy day! We managed to fit in the outdoor ceremony and she got us all under the tent for dinner just before the heavy rainfall. Alaina is a very warm, caring person who truly seems to love what she does!

Profile Picture Mary, 7/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

The moment we met with the owner, Alaina, we knew that root + gather were the right planners for us! We worked with Crystal for design and month of planning for our wedding at the Lyons Farmette. Crystal was incredibly organized, thoughtful, and a joy to work with! We kept talking about what a wonderful calming presence she was to have around during our wedding planning. Every time I talked to her I felt calm and prepared. She is truly amazing. Crystal also really understood my vision and our personalities and did an excellent job of executing exactly what we wanted! I honestly felt NO stress the week leading up to my wedding because I knew I was in such good hands! Everyone at my wedding kept commenting on how personal the whole thing felt, I really attribute that to Crystal, she knew exactly what we wanted and worked with us to make it happen! On top of that she is just the sweetest and so fun to hang out with! My family was really trying to get her to come to the after party with us because they loved her so much! :)

Profile Picture Gabriella, 7/21/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, Referrals, Non-Religious

Alaina is seriously the best ever! We were so lucky to find Root and Gather. Multiple vendors we used commented on how organized and punctual they were and one of the best planners they had ever worked with.
Alaina and her team helped us plan and design our perfect day, wouldn't have changed a thing. Super low stress, everything went perfectly, and they helped us throw one heck of a party :)
Would 100% recommend Root and Gather for any wedding needs.

Profile Picture Kristen, 7/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

I cannot say enough about Root + Gather and our planner, Darcy! We originally thought that we had it all on point and wouldn't need a planner for our big day, but boy were we wrong and we were so thankful that we had hired Darcy from Root + Gather! I was so overwhelmed when the big day came with all the things that had to be done, from setting up the centerpieces to getting ready to walk down the aisle. When Darcy arrived on site, I felt like a weight had been lifted! Not only was everything setup perfectly and beyond my expectations, I was able to truly relax and enjoy the day with my family and friends and take in EVERY moment! If you're on the fence about hiring a planner, I can tell you first hand that it is definitely worth it! Hire Root + Gather so you can truly enjoy your day, because it goes by so fast and you want to savor every moment! Thank you Darcy!!!

Profile Picture Tegan, 7/21/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

As a nervous MOB I could not have been happier with Alaina's help. She left no detail unattended and was always responsive to my questions or concerns making me feel at ease to enjoy the big day. She was great!

Profile Picture Vicki, 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We were lucky enough to work with Crystal and she is literally a superhero. She is one of the sweetest and most personable people we were lucky enough to work with while planning our wedding. She made the process so simple and easy for us and she made our day carefree (and definitely stress-free). She was an absolute joy to work with and a true professional. She made our wedding perfect! Thank you so much, Crystal!

Profile Picture Zeena, 6/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

The day went flawlessly, without a hitch. Alaina was so professional and every minute was planned out perfectly!

Profile Picture Alexa, 6/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I don’t have enough words to recommend root+gather!!
Alaina is a total joy to work with, organized, professional, completely on top of every detail you can possibly imagine! Her staff is equally as wonderful!
She organized the rehearsal, contacted and instructed all the vendors, florist, DJ etc. Displayed all of my daughter’s special decorations, stayed through the entire reception and packed up everything in our cars at the end of the night! All with a big smile and constantly checking with me to make sure all of our needs were being met. We enjoyed having her and her staff at the wedding as much as our guests:)
I can’t imagine a more lovely person to work with!
My husband and I (and Bride & Groom!) were able to just enjoy every second of the wedding.
Last wedding in our family, but I’d use Alaina again in a HEARTBEAT!!!

Profile Picture Barb, 6/10/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Root + Gather were absolutely amazing to work with. From the time of our initial meeting til the big day, Crystal and team did an amazing job coordinating everything. Both of us were really able to just enjoy our day and not have to worry about all the things behind the scenes. We would highly recommend Crystal and everyone at Root + Gather if you are looking for personable, fun, professional, and reliable coordinators for your wedding. It really is worth it considering all the stress that comes with the wedding!

Profile Picture Monique, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Alaina & root + gather were amazing. Before we had even booked her, Alaina suggested our venue, which ended up being perfect for us. Throughout planning she was helpful and responsive, and on the day of, she and her coordinator kept everything running smoothly. We would never have been able to pull off the wedding without her (or, we could have, but it would have been way less organized and less fun for our guests). So glad we booked her! A planner can be a hefty portion of the wedding budget but it's worth every penny.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/26/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

Our daughter's wedding was a tremendous success due in large part to Root and Gather. Darcy was professional, engaged, and customer focused through out the entire process. She was always available to answer questions, offer ideas, and to trouble shoot challenges as they arose. I was able to thoroughly enjoy the wedding itself because Darcy was there to handle any and all issues throughout the night. I would highly recommend Root and Gather for your special day!

Profile Picture jennifer, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We hired Alaina Johnson of Root and Gather to assist with the final touches of our daughter’s wedding at The Barn at Raccoon Creek in Littleton. Alaina is very organized and knowledgeable, which makes her so very easy to work with. Alaina and Darcy were our team for the big day .... one which was totally covered in snow to start with. Alaina’s calm approach kept both my daughter and myself feeling positive it would all work out fine .... and it did ... it was beautiful! The R+G team carried out my daughter’s vision for the decorations, and tear down was a breeze .... you can’t go wrong hiring this amazing team to bring your visions of your big day to life!

Photo
Profile Picture Rhonda, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I cannot say enough great things about this AMAZING group of wedding planners! I worked directly with Alaina as my day of wedding coordinator starting 45 days out, and Darcy was there on my wedding day as the assistant. The weather was terrible in the morning and I was so stressed about it. Alaina helped calm me down and told me she would come back at the latest possible time I had to make the decision to move the ceremony inside and gave me the best possible advice on what to do. Also, something had happened to the grooms tie and we didn't realize it until he was getting ready, so pretty last minute. Darcy ran to the store and bought him one that would match. I honestly cant imagine how people get married without a wedding planner. These girls worked so hard to make my day perfect. Things that could have been a disaster were not and my day was definitely way less stressful because I had them by my side!! The services they provide and their execution of them are well worth every penny!

Profile Picture Megan, 4/21/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We were lucky enough to work with Alaina for our wedding last December. We knew that she was the planner we wanted to work with when she was so quick in response during initial inquiries, but were sold during our first meeting over margaritas and lots of laughs. She is very down to earth, responsive, and dependable -- exactly what you want for one of the most important days of your life! She even started a little early, and drove out to meet us at last minute notice when we found that our venue would be closed for initial walk through when the 6 weeks of planning began. Our event had 90% out of town guests for a destination wedding, and it was executed flawlessly. If there were problems, I had no idea. I just got to show up and have the best day of my life! With the 6 week planning package I felt I had plenty of opportunity to do any DIY and planning I wanted, then handed spreadsheets with my plans over to Alaina and did not worry one bit. She and her team executed beautiful on the decorations I had planned, made sure I got food and was well taken care of, and handled a potential disaster the day before when we found that a few guests were coming that were not previously expected, without a blink of an eye. I just called her, overwhelmingly emotional with all that was happening, and she said, "don't worry, I'll take care of everything" -- and I can't say how much that meant in that moment. I just could not recommend her and her team enough! I am lucky to have worked with her for one of the best days of our lives, but to have made a friend in the process :) Thanks Alaina & team!!!

Profile Picture Kathy, 12/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, Ceremony, Reception

My daughter's wedding was exceptional. I truly don't have words to express how wonderful it was to work with Alaina Johnson. This was my first experience with a wedding planner or a party planner and it was just exceptional. I was able to fully relax, have great fun and just enjoy the special moments. I experienced a great sense of calm knowing someone capable, kind, and thoughtful was in charge. That peace-of-mind was invaluable on a very important, but busy day. Everything ran smoothly and every need was anticipated for the bride and groom, and all of our guests. All the details including the food (appetizers and a meal) the music, the flowers, the servers, bartenders and the venue were coordinated beautifully and seamlessly. My daughter and her new husband were beyond pleased and happy!

With sincere gratitude,
Lisa Rhodes (mother of the bride)

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I can't even express in words how amazing and incredibly helpful Alaina and the rest of the team at Root + Gather are and were for our wedding. Alaina helped us with every little detail and was always super quick to respond to any questions I had. Her knowledge and professionalism with everything wedding related is amazing. Our wedding day went by perfectly and we absolutely thank Alaina and Root + Gather for that! I would highly recommend Root + Gather for wedding planning!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Non-Religious

Alaina was a lifesaver! She consistently went out of her way to make us feel supported and taken care of (and that was even before the wedding day). On the day of, she simply told us (a few times) to just relax and let her handle things. The venue looked beautiful, we got to just enjoy our day, and it was completely magical! We couldn't recommend her more highly!
-Sami and Jordan

Profile Picture Sami, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

From our first meeting until everything was packed away after the wedding, we really loved working with root + gather! They are good people who are talented, humble, and selfless. Every interaction was friendly, focused, and professional; Crystal provided valuable leadership in planning and execution, and was always thinking steps ahead. She partnered seamlessly with our vendors and we trusted her completely; we, our families, and our friends were able to be fully present and enjoy the wedding day. It was truly priceless for everyone to be worry-free and just celebrate! When some unexpected weather came through, we were barely even aware of it. Crystal and Alaina shielded us from any stress and unnecessary decision making; they quickly moved the ceremony and took care of everything. We really appreciate root + gather and don't even know half of what it took to facilitate our perfect day. We are so happy and can't thank them enough.

Profile Picture Vanessa, 10/1/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Crystal was a total life-saver. She assisted us in creating a vision for our wedding and knew all the right people to help make it a reality. I live out of state, so Crystal acted as my boot-on-the-ground for the planning process. She made herself so available to me and my family and was always reassuring us with a smile. Crystal's attention to detail allowed our event to be totally seamless. Cannot recommend this lady any higher, she is the best!!

Photo for root + gather events Review - Harvest Tables and Chairs, flowers by Fawns Leap
Photo for root + gather events Review - Ceremony- Milston Well Farm
Photos
Photo for root + gather events Review - La Pompe Jazz
Profile Picture Hope, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Responsive, creative, attuned to our vision, not cookie-cutter. Professional and fun. Great resources. Wonderful to work with. HIGHLY recommend!!

Profile Picture Lynne, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Alaina is incredible. Just incredible. She has such a wonderful way of putting you at ease during what can be a very stressful experience (especially for us as we planned our wedding long distance!). Alaina handled everything we threw at her (intense family members! a photo booth person who forgot the guest book! a hurricane preventing some friends from coming!) with pose, grace, humor, and kindness. Our wedding was beautiful and perfect: we owe so much of that to Alaina's vendor suggestions, advice, and day-of cat-wrangling. Seriously, if you want someone to manage all the details and also be a huge advocate for your wants and needs, hire root+gather.

Profile Picture LisaLundgren, 9/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Civil, Destination, Non-Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

From start to finish, Crystal was top notch!!! I would recommend her in a heartbeat. Always confident. Always there when you needed her. Always responsive to any issues that might have come up.

Profile Picture Kathy, 9/9/17, 1 Review