root + gather events Reviews

126 Reviews for root + gather events

126 root + gather events Reviews

Colleen · Married on 10/12/2018

The Very Best Investment Because of the Very Best People

My husband and I just got married last Friday, and we cannot stop thinking about how perfect everything went. Every single one of our guests has told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to, and we owe a huge thanks to Alaina and her team for helping make that happen.

There is not one thing I would change about our day. From the first time I spoke on the phone with Alaina, besides the many things we had in common, I knew I could trust her. Alaina is so professional, but also so fun! She was easy to talk to, available any time I had a random question, put me at ease with any worry that came up last-minute, and was just a real gem to meet as an individual. She made both my husband and me feel special, loved and at peace because of her authenticity and talent for wedding day planning.

We are beyond grateful to the team at root + gather and would recommend their services to any and everyone.

root + gather events 1
    root + gather events 2
    root + gather events 3
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing, Knowledgeable, Creative, Fun, Organized

Alaina and the Root + Gather team were incredible to work with! From day one, when we were overwhelmed and didn't know where to begin, to leading up to the wedding, coordinating everything day of, and packing up everything for us afterwards, the entire experience with them was amazing! We couldn't have done it without them!! Alaina was always on top of everything, helped with all of the little things we hadn't even thought of, and made sure everything flowed smoothly day of. We didn't think we needed a wedding planner in the beginning but couldn't be happier with the Root + Gather team. Highly recommend!!!

Sarah · Married on 09/22/2018

We originally thought we had no need for a day-of-coordinator for our wedding at The Barn at Raccoon Creek in Littleton, but quickly realized there were too many things for us to manage on our own. Having Crystal and the root + gather team was one of the BEST decisions we made in regards to our wedding. From a few months out she was helping us organize and coordinate details we hadn't even thought of. Crystal was exceptional in following up with us to get information and details on what we wanted for our day and executed perfectly. We did a lot of "DIY" - signs, centerpieces, even our ceremony, so having Crystal there to set everything up the way we envisioned was so nice. She contacted all of our vendors ahead of time, was so patient in making last minute adjustments to our seating chart, and just made the whole day incredibly stress-free. I can't say enough how grateful we were to have Crystal - we would recommend root + gather without hesitation to anyone!!!

Philip · Married on 09/10/2018

We are parents of the groom, so had less interaction. We did, however, plan a "welcome dinner" for 120 guests at a destination wedding. Our planner did a great job especially at the event itself making for a smooth and eventful evening. She also did a great job with the wedding planning, and worked tirelessly at the event itself.

Cora · Married on 09/08/2018

Sara with Root and Gather is the best! The minute she took the reigns I immediately felt better about the progress of our planning and it was smooth sailing from there on. She was personable and easy to work with and she made sure everything turned out the way we envisioned it. Even when we threw a few (literally) last minute items her way, she made it work and seamlessly blended those things in with the rest of the wedding. Excellent experience!

root + gather events 4
    root + gather events 5
    root + gather events 6
    root + gather events 7

Amy · Married on 09/07/2018

While we were hesitant at first to hire a day-of coordinator, reserving Root & Gather for our day-of coordination was THE BEST choice we made for our wedding. After a long planning meeting, we knew we were in excellent hands because Sara is an all-star! Personable and amenable, she made sure everything turned out the way we envisioned it. When the groom’s pants ripped on the wedding day— Sara was Superwoman, with a handy sewing kit to repair the tear! Our wedding was perfection and Sara made that possible. Even if you are a couple on a budget, DO NOT skip out on reserving Root & Gather. They are a necessary investment—worth every single penny!

Chrissy · Married on 09/02/2018

The Best of the Best

It was zeroing in on 3 months out from our wedding day, and I went into panic mode. Having a longer engagement I figured we had everything ready to go, and didn’t have all that much to do. Looking over our daunting ‘To-Do’ Lists, I didn’t know where to start or how I would make my way through all the to-dos. That is when I reached out to our venue, in which they recommended the team at Root + Gather Events. Words cannot express the amount of appreciation I have for this team! From the first phone call I had with Alaina, to meeting her in person for our initial planning meeting, I knew she was going to be our go-to girl; I felt like I would fully hand the reigns over to her. Alaina’s communication, professional, advice, support, and enthusiasm was top notch! She wore many hats and made our final ‘to dos’ manageable, and took the stress away the final weeks leading up to our wedding day. The day of went seamless from start to finish, I never once felt stressed, and was able to fully be present without having to worry about a thing. Alaina, thank you for everything you did, and for helping make this one of the most magical days!

Alyse · Married on 09/01/2018

Darcy is the best! For whatever reason, I gave myself a month to plan a wedding a few states away. She made it possible! From vendors to logistics and budget, everything was so organized. I would recommend a wedding planner, especially Root + Gather, to anyone!

Kate · Married on 09/01/2018

Truly outstanding -- these ladies are the best!!! We began our search for a day-of (month-of) coordinator because having one was required by our venue (we didn't think we needed one), and we are SO thankful for the requirement because looking back, we can't imaging doing it without Root and Gather. Planning a wedding for the first time, it was difficult for us to understand beforehand exactly what we needed, what a wedding coordinator does, etc. We were clueless, but we chose Root and Gather based on their outstanding reviews and their experience working at River Bend (our venue). We could not have asked for a more caring, thoughtful, and totally-on-top-of-every-detail coordinator. We met with Alaina for our initial meeting, and worked with Crystal as our lead coordinator for the walkthrough, rehearsal, and wedding day. They are both incredible and you will be in great hands no matter who you end up working with. Crystal was thoroughly prepared at our walkthrough to address every detail; she was available to give guidance and answer any question we had throughout the process; she created a detailed timeline for the wedding day and followed up with every vendor we contracted to confirm our orders and schedule for the day (even working some magic on the ones who had not been getting back to me). For our rehearsal and wedding day, she took charge and made the process fun and stress-free for us, executing the vision and ideas that we had discussed impeccably. Crystal, we so appreciate how hard you worked literally running around making everything perfect. If you are looking for a wedding planner or coordinator, I can't imagine finding anyone better than Root and Gather -- and we felt like their services came at a great value compared to other options we considered.

Shelby · Married on 08/11/2018

The BEST choice we made when planning our wedding was reserving Root & Gather for our day-of coordination. To start, I met Alaina via facetime to hear about their services, and to tell her our vision for the wedding. We booked R&G right away and I could not have been more relieved. Any questions that we had leading up to the wedding-- from transportation advice to if we were getting a good price on vendors-- R&G helped with it all.
    The month leading up to the wedding was when we knew we made an amazing choice by selecting Root & Gather for our coordination. After a long planning meeting, we walked away knowing our wedding would be an absolute success. The peace alone that we felt leading up to the wedding knowing that we were in great hands is worth it!
    The day of our wedding was perfect. We were never rushed, never worried about set up or surprise guests, and never informed on any mishap that may have happened throughout the day ALL thanks to the amazing coordination of Alaina and Crystal.
    THANK YOU Root & Gather for making our day perfect.
    Even if you are a couple on a budget, DO NOT skip out on reserving Root & Gather. They are worth every single penny!

Brit · Married on 08/03/2018

Darcy from Root + Gather was incredible. The day of the wedding went incredible smooth thanks to her. We were able to relax and truly enjoy ourselves knowing she was taking care of us and all of the days moments. She kindly kept us on track with our timeline while still being flexible as moments were happening. It was the most beautiful day ever!

Hien · Married on 07/22/2018

Going with R&G is the best decision we made for our wedding. Through them we found amazing vendors including caters, rental and makeup. Alaina was very sweet, organized and thoughtful in guiding us through the preparation steps we took. We also got fun suggestions for decoration. Things got super hectic the last two weeks before the wedding and we wouldn't have known how to handle all the tasks without her help. We had an outdoor wedding on a Colorado farm in late July. On the day of, it was very windy, then started to sprinkle a bit. Alaina and her assistant Darcy were so calm and assured us that they had everything under control. They did! They timed every steps so well that by the time the guests settled inside the tent and ready for dinner, the heavy rain started to pour down while we were enjoying our time still. It was a magical night, and we know it wouldn't have happened thet smoothly without them.

Mary · Married on 07/22/2018

Alaina and Root + Gather were amazing! I highly recommend Alaina for all your wedding planning needs. She was the planner for my son and daughter-in-law's farm wedding. Everything had to be brought in for the wedding and Alaina's recommendations for rentals and the caterer were wonderful. She was an invaluable help in the weeks leading up to the wedding coordinating with the rentals and the venue. On the day of the wedding, she and her assistant, Darcy, saw that everything ran smoothly. I don't think she has any control over the weather, but she certainly was able to work around the sometimes rainy and windy day! We managed to fit in the outdoor ceremony and she got us all under the tent for dinner just before the heavy rainfall. Alaina is a very warm, caring person who truly seems to love what she does!

Gabriella · Married on 07/21/2018

The moment we met with the owner, Alaina, we knew that root + gather were the right planners for us! We worked with Crystal for design and month of planning for our wedding at the Lyons Farmette. Crystal was incredibly organized, thoughtful, and a joy to work with! We kept talking about what a wonderful calming presence she was to have around during our wedding planning. Every time I talked to her I felt calm and prepared. She is truly amazing. Crystal also really understood my vision and our personalities and did an excellent job of executing exactly what we wanted! I honestly felt NO stress the week leading up to my wedding because I knew I was in such good hands! Everyone at my wedding kept commenting on how personal the whole thing felt, I really attribute that to Crystal, she knew exactly what we wanted and worked with us to make it happen! On top of that she is just the sweetest and so fun to hang out with! My family was really trying to get her to come to the after party with us because they loved her so much! :)

Kristen · Married on 07/21/2018

Alaina is seriously the best ever! We were so lucky to find Root and Gather. Multiple vendors we used commented on how organized and punctual they were and one of the best planners they had ever worked with.
    Alaina and her team helped us plan and design our perfect day, wouldn't have changed a thing. Super low stress, everything went perfectly, and they helped us throw one heck of a party :)
    Would 100% recommend Root and Gather for any wedding needs.

Tegan · Married on 07/21/2018

I cannot say enough about Root + Gather and our planner, Darcy! We originally thought that we had it all on point and wouldn't need a planner for our big day, but boy were we wrong and we were so thankful that we had hired Darcy from Root + Gather! I was so overwhelmed when the big day came with all the things that had to be done, from setting up the centerpieces to getting ready to walk down the aisle. When Darcy arrived on site, I felt like a weight had been lifted! Not only was everything setup perfectly and beyond my expectations, I was able to truly relax and enjoy the day with my family and friends and take in EVERY moment! If you're on the fence about hiring a planner, I can tell you first hand that it is definitely worth it! Hire Root + Gather so you can truly enjoy your day, because it goes by so fast and you want to savor every moment! Thank you Darcy!!!

Vicki · Married on 07/21/2018

As a nervous MOB I could not have been happier with Alaina's help. She left no detail unattended and was always responsive to my questions or concerns making me feel at ease to enjoy the big day. She was great!

Robert · Married on 07/14/2018

Holy cow. Hiring Root + Gather Events for our wedding at The River Bend in Lyons, CO, was literally the best thing we did. Crystal Klink was our coordinator, and she was both meticulously organized, and incredibly fun to hang out and work with. She was 100% available to us whenever we needed her. She also provided us with a thorough checklist - things we had not even thought about, she was on top of them. And, she kept us on task in the critical weeks leading up to our wedding. We also worked with Alaina, who was simply wonderful. No joke, with the two of them working so hard, my husband and I did not have to worry about a thing. They set our tables, set our appetizers and lawn games, made sure our guests were comfortable AND cleaned up everything at the end of the evening. We could not have done it without them, and I would 100% recommend them to all of my friends and family. Heck, we genuinely want to hang out with Crystal and Alaina. They are just great people to know.

With All Sincerity
    - Christine & Rob

Carolyn · Married on 07/08/2018

Alaina and her team were such an essential part of our wedding planning and execution. We faced a long to-do list and we had no experience throwing a wedding party! But Alaina and her team stepped in armed with check-lists, contacts, and tons of experience and just made the entire process feel like a breeze. She talked with us extensively to try and understand the vibe we were aiming for and then put the pieces in place to execute on our vision. When it came to execution on the day-of, we did not worry for a moment about whether or not the pieces would fall in to place. We had full confidence that Alaina and the Root + Gather team would pull together everything flawlessly, and our confidence was well-placed. Every element came together without us giving a second thought, and our guests have been telling us ever since how much they loved the wedding and how smoothly everything came off, especially given the size (220 guests). We recommend Alaina and Root + Gather without any hesitation or reservation; you will not find a better, more fun, more calming and down-to-earth team to organize and execute your wedding day plans. Thanks Alaina!

• Z

Zeena · Married on 06/29/2018

We were lucky enough to work with Crystal and she is literally a superhero. She is one of the sweetest and most personable people we were lucky enough to work with while planning our wedding. She made the process so simple and easy for us and she made our day carefree (and definitely stress-free). She was an absolute joy to work with and a true professional. She made our wedding perfect! Thank you so much, Crystal!

Laura · Married on 06/23/2018

If I were to give one piece of advice to any brides and MOBs it would be to hire Root and Gather Events! Alaina was absolutely amazing. Before we even hired Alaina to be our coordinator she gave us several pieces of advice and vendor recommendations that made our day so much easier. One of our top priorities for our wedding day was to be in the moment and not stressing about the details and the only reason that happened was our decision to hire Root and Gather. I was so relieved when Alaina reached out a little earlier than the 45 days before the wedding when our contract kicked in. At the walkthrough, she had a detailed list and helped to prevent a couple of wedding day snafus due to things we hadn't thought about ahead of time. From that point on I could rest assured that Alaina had everything covered, allowing us to soak in our last few weeks as an engaged couple. Alaina met us early at the rehearsal and made everything run perfectly. I dropped off my MANY DIY projects with Alaina at the rehearsal and when we arrived on the wedding day everything was set up perfectly. Our first look, the ceremony, the toasts, dances and send off all ran smoothly and I didn't have to think about a thing. I couldn't have asked for anything more. Alaina truly is the best.

root + gather events 8

Alexa · Married on 06/10/2018

The day went flawlessly, without a hitch. Alaina was so professional and every minute was planned out perfectly!

Barb · Married on 06/10/2018

I don’t have enough words to recommend root+gather!!
    Alaina is a total joy to work with, organized, professional, completely on top of every detail you can possibly imagine! Her staff is equally as wonderful!
    She organized the rehearsal, contacted and instructed all the vendors, florist, DJ etc. Displayed all of my daughter’s special decorations, stayed through the entire reception and packed up everything in our cars at the end of the night! All with a big smile and constantly checking with me to make sure all of our needs were being met. We enjoyed having her and her staff at the wedding as much as our guests:)
    I can’t imagine a more lovely person to work with!
    My husband and I (and Bride & Groom!) were able to just enjoy every second of the wedding.
    Last wedding in our family, but I’d use Alaina again in a HEARTBEAT!!!

Monique · Married on 06/09/2018

Root + Gather were absolutely amazing to work with. From the time of our initial meeting til the big day, Crystal and team did an amazing job coordinating everything. Both of us were really able to just enjoy our day and not have to worry about all the things behind the scenes. We would highly recommend Crystal and everyone at Root + Gather if you are looking for personable, fun, professional, and reliable coordinators for your wedding. It really is worth it considering all the stress that comes with the wedding!