root + gather events Reviews

root + gather events 6
root + gather events 7

Kim Ammon · Married on 08/16/2019

Absolutely amazing

Teaming with R+G was the best decision we made during our wedding planning process! You seriously can't go wrong with them.

Sent on 08/20/2019

Valerie · Married on 07/27/2019

I couldn’t have done it without her!

Crystal went above and beyond to make sure my wedding day went off without a hitch! She was very patient and easy to work with. She even helped calm me down during wedding planning and on the day of. The florist got all my colors wrong, it started to rain, my seating chart broke and the lead singer of our band emailed me that her voice was partially gone. Crystal gave me her rain coat, walked me over to my girls and reminded me to not let it ruin my time with them before the wedding. I honestly could not have pulled off that wedding without her. She’s a bridal fairy godmother.

Sent on 08/15/2019

Mary Higgins · Married on 06/28/2019

10/10 would recommend

We very much enjoyed having Crystal as our wedding planner and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her to someone else. The best thing you can say about a planner is that everything went perfectly. That is how i would describe my wedding. If there were any problems, we didn’t see them and we know Crystal was ready for anything that would have come. We had a wonderful day with friends and family and had no worries.

Sent on 08/18/2019
  • Christina

Christina Yong · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing Wedding Planner - Trusting and Helpful

We had an amazing time working closely with Alaina during our wedding planning process. We connected with Alaina right from the beginning, and knew that we could trust her in planning our wedding day! She was always prompt in answering our questions (either over-the-phone or via email), provided recommendations on vendors when we asked, helpful in guiding us to make sure we were on track with her amazing check list and detailed overview, and most importantly, was extremely helpful in ensuring that our wedding day went smoothly! We were planning our wedding from out-of-state, and she worked with us by speaking over video chat and our availability. We would highly recommend the root + gather team!! We loved working with Alaina!

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Martha

Martha Powers · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing Planning Team!

Root + Gather was amazing!! We hired Crystal to be our 45-day coordinator but we had multiple email/phone/in person meetings leading up to our big day that made us feel like we were in great hands. From the very beginning, I felt that the R + G team were super professional and understood the vision we had for our day. We had a fairly long engagement and over time, we had tons of details shift and evolve and Crystal was great at keeping everything updated and working right alongside us. Our décor set-up was stunning, and everything looked exactly how I imagined it would. One of the things I appreciated most day-of was that while Crystal was awesome at keeping the timeline in check and moving the events along, I never felt pushed or pressured. She was right by my side when I needed her but also let us enjoy every minute and never were ushered away to the next “thing”. It was a tough balance and I’m so grateful to Crystal and the rest of the team! Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Roxy

Roxy Cafaro · Married on 06/15/2019

Could not recommend Root + Gather more highly!

We have only the most positive things to say about Root + Gather. From the beginning we loved Root + Gather’s flexibility and willingness to provide a coordination package tailored to our needs so we could get the help and guidance that we needed and still take care of the things we were able to do ourselves.

We worked with Darcy and she made the process easy from start to finish. She is professional, thoughtful, warm, fun, organized and most importantly calm! We loved how open Darcy was to our desire to throw some traditions out the window and do things our own way. She provided great recommendations for vendors when we needed them. In the weeks leading up to the wedding Darcy communicated with vendors and made sure everything was ready to go so we didn’t have to worry about that part at all. She soothed our nerves about the weather and helped us stay positive! On the day of Darcy and her assistant took care of every detail. We got separate compliments from three of our vendors about what a great job Darcy did communicating with them and how organized she was! As wedding vendors they work with different planners constantly, so it was really great to hear they were so impressed that they went out of their way to tell us how great she was! Having a wedding planner/coordinator for your wedding day is an absolute must so that you can relax and focus and your guests, and most importantly, on each other! We felt so confident and comfortable Working with Darcy and Root + Gather that we were able to stay completely present and know that everything would be taken care of. We cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 08/02/2019
  • Amber

amber england · Married on 05/02/2019

Simply the BEST!

Root + Gather helped our wedding go perfectly. They were there from the beginning, helping us budget, find vendors that met our needs, lay out and logistics and made sure everything went according to plan day-of. We are truly very grateful for their hard work and I feel like the day wouldn't have been so smooth without them! They were flexible with our schedules during planning process, incredibly fast responses to any questions we had and help us navigate and plan for things we had never even thought of. Alaina and her team are such a pleasure to work with! I would strongly recommend choosing Root + Gather and would do so for any of our event planning moving forward!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Hillary Goldstein · Married on 12/11/2018

Perfect Wedding

Crystal was wonderful. She was so organized. I strongly recommend her!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Colleen · Married on 10/12/2018

The Very Best Investment Because of the Very Best People

My husband and I just got married last Friday, and we cannot stop thinking about how perfect everything went. Every single one of our guests has told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to, and we owe a huge thanks to Alaina and her team for helping make that happen.

There is not one thing I would change about our day. From the first time I spoke on the phone with Alaina, besides the many things we had in common, I knew I could trust her. Alaina is so professional, but also so fun! She was easy to talk to, available any time I had a random question, put me at ease with any worry that came up last-minute, and was just a real gem to meet as an individual. She made both my husband and me feel special, loved and at peace because of her authenticity and talent for wedding day planning.

We are beyond grateful to the team at root + gather and would recommend their services to any and everyone.

Sent on 10/17/2018
    root + gather events 8
    root + gather events 9
    root + gather events 10
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing, Knowledgeable, Creative, Fun, Organized

Alaina and the Root + Gather team were incredible to work with! From day one, when we were overwhelmed and didn't know where to begin, to leading up to the wedding, coordinating everything day of, and packing up everything for us afterwards, the entire experience with them was amazing! We couldn't have done it without them!! Alaina was always on top of everything, helped with all of the little things we hadn't even thought of, and made sure everything flowed smoothly day of. We didn't think we needed a wedding planner in the beginning but couldn't be happier with the Root + Gather team. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 10/24/2018
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 10/05/2018

Couldn’t have found better planners!!

When we were in the initial stages of planning our wedding, my mom and I swore we did not need any help from an outside planner. Between myself, my husband and my mom, we were all very sure that we could handle the decisions smoothly and the wedding would go off without a hitch. Ha!! Well, some of that is true. The wedding went off without a hitch, but it was because we made the decision to hire Root + Gather for our month of planning and it was easily the greatest decision we made. We had the pleasure of working with Darcy at R+G and we really hit the jackpot with her. She is so genuinely kind and thoughtful and most importantly, laid back! I don’t think anything stresses that girl out and if it does, she certainly doesn’t show it. I was a ball of nerves as my ceremony was approaching and she was the calm in the storm, ensuring that I didn’t have to worry about a single thing. During our reception, she continually checked on me to ensure I had dinner (didn’t realize how easy it was to not eat on your wedding day!), my glass was filled and I was enjoying our time together. The planning process with her was a dream and she took so much time to understand our vision and executed it perfectly. My family and I actually enjoyed the last month before the wedding because she took such a tremendous load off of our shoulders. During the planning process, we swore we didn’t need the help of an outside planner but in the end, making the decision to hire Root + Gather was some of the best money we spent. We paid for peace of mind on our wedding day and they delivered for sure. I can’t thank Darcy and her team enough, we are forever grateful to Root + Gather and the amazing work they do!!!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Sarah · Married on 09/22/2018

We originally thought we had no need for a day-of-coordinator for our wedding at The Barn at Raccoon Creek in Littleton, but quickly realized there were too many things for us to manage on our own. Having Crystal and the root + gather team was one of the BEST decisions we made in regards to our wedding. From a few months out she was helping us organize and coordinate details we hadn't even thought of. Crystal was exceptional in following up with us to get information and details on what we wanted for our day and executed perfectly. We did a lot of "DIY" - signs, centerpieces, even our ceremony, so having Crystal there to set everything up the way we envisioned was so nice. She contacted all of our vendors ahead of time, was so patient in making last minute adjustments to our seating chart, and just made the whole day incredibly stress-free. I can't say enough how grateful we were to have Crystal - we would recommend root + gather without hesitation to anyone!!!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Philip · Married on 09/10/2018

We are parents of the groom, so had less interaction. We did, however, plan a "welcome dinner" for 120 guests at a destination wedding. Our planner did a great job especially at the event itself making for a smooth and eventful evening. She also did a great job with the wedding planning, and worked tirelessly at the event itself.

Sent on 09/10/2018

Cora · Married on 09/08/2018

Sara with Root and Gather is the best! The minute she took the reigns I immediately felt better about the progress of our planning and it was smooth sailing from there on. She was personable and easy to work with and she made sure everything turned out the way we envisioned it. Even when we threw a few (literally) last minute items her way, she made it work and seamlessly blended those things in with the rest of the wedding. Excellent experience!

Sent on 09/13/2018
    root + gather events 11
    root + gather events 12
    root + gather events 13
    root + gather events 14

Amy · Married on 09/07/2018

While we were hesitant at first to hire a day-of coordinator, reserving Root & Gather for our day-of coordination was THE BEST choice we made for our wedding. After a long planning meeting, we knew we were in excellent hands because Sara is an all-star! Personable and amenable, she made sure everything turned out the way we envisioned it. When the groom’s pants ripped on the wedding day— Sara was Superwoman, with a handy sewing kit to repair the tear! Our wedding was perfection and Sara made that possible. Even if you are a couple on a budget, DO NOT skip out on reserving Root & Gather. They are a necessary investment—worth every single penny!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Chrissy · Married on 09/02/2018

The Best of the Best

It was zeroing in on 3 months out from our wedding day, and I went into panic mode. Having a longer engagement I figured we had everything ready to go, and didn’t have all that much to do. Looking over our daunting ‘To-Do’ Lists, I didn’t know where to start or how I would make my way through all the to-dos. That is when I reached out to our venue, in which they recommended the team at Root + Gather Events. Words cannot express the amount of appreciation I have for this team! From the first phone call I had with Alaina, to meeting her in person for our initial planning meeting, I knew she was going to be our go-to girl; I felt like I would fully hand the reigns over to her. Alaina’s communication, professional, advice, support, and enthusiasm was top notch! She wore many hats and made our final ‘to dos’ manageable, and took the stress away the final weeks leading up to our wedding day. The day of went seamless from start to finish, I never once felt stressed, and was able to fully be present without having to worry about a thing. Alaina, thank you for everything you did, and for helping make this one of the most magical days!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Alyse · Married on 09/01/2018

Darcy is the best! For whatever reason, I gave myself a month to plan a wedding a few states away. She made it possible! From vendors to logistics and budget, everything was so organized. I would recommend a wedding planner, especially Root + Gather, to anyone!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Kate · Married on 09/01/2018

Truly outstanding -- these ladies are the best!!! We began our search for a day-of (month-of) coordinator because having one was required by our venue (we didn't think we needed one), and we are SO thankful for the requirement because looking back, we can't imaging doing it without Root and Gather. Planning a wedding for the first time, it was difficult for us to understand beforehand exactly what we needed, what a wedding coordinator does, etc. We were clueless, but we chose Root and Gather based on their outstanding reviews and their experience working at River Bend (our venue). We could not have asked for a more caring, thoughtful, and totally-on-top-of-every-detail coordinator. We met with Alaina for our initial meeting, and worked with Crystal as our lead coordinator for the walkthrough, rehearsal, and wedding day. They are both incredible and you will be in great hands no matter who you end up working with. Crystal was thoroughly prepared at our walkthrough to address every detail; she was available to give guidance and answer any question we had throughout the process; she created a detailed timeline for the wedding day and followed up with every vendor we contracted to confirm our orders and schedule for the day (even working some magic on the ones who had not been getting back to me). For our rehearsal and wedding day, she took charge and made the process fun and stress-free for us, executing the vision and ideas that we had discussed impeccably. Crystal, we so appreciate how hard you worked literally running around making everything perfect. If you are looking for a wedding planner or coordinator, I can't imagine finding anyone better than Root and Gather -- and we felt like their services came at a great value compared to other options we considered.

Sent on 09/15/2018

Shelby · Married on 08/11/2018

The BEST choice we made when planning our wedding was reserving Root & Gather for our day-of coordination. To start, I met Alaina via facetime to hear about their services, and to tell her our vision for the wedding. We booked R&G right away and I could not have been more relieved. Any questions that we had leading up to the wedding-- from transportation advice to if we were getting a good price on vendors-- R&G helped with it all.
    The month leading up to the wedding was when we knew we made an amazing choice by selecting Root & Gather for our coordination. After a long planning meeting, we walked away knowing our wedding would be an absolute success. The peace alone that we felt leading up to the wedding knowing that we were in great hands is worth it!
    The day of our wedding was perfect. We were never rushed, never worried about set up or surprise guests, and never informed on any mishap that may have happened throughout the day ALL thanks to the amazing coordination of Alaina and Crystal.
    THANK YOU Root & Gather for making our day perfect.
    Even if you are a couple on a budget, DO NOT skip out on reserving Root & Gather. They are worth every single penny!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Brit · Married on 08/03/2018

Darcy from Root + Gather was incredible. The day of the wedding went incredible smooth thanks to her. We were able to relax and truly enjoy ourselves knowing she was taking care of us and all of the days moments. She kindly kept us on track with our timeline while still being flexible as moments were happening. It was the most beautiful day ever!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Hien · Married on 07/22/2018

Going with R&G is the best decision we made for our wedding. Through them we found amazing vendors including caters, rental and makeup. Alaina was very sweet, organized and thoughtful in guiding us through the preparation steps we took. We also got fun suggestions for decoration. Things got super hectic the last two weeks before the wedding and we wouldn't have known how to handle all the tasks without her help. We had an outdoor wedding on a Colorado farm in late July. On the day of, it was very windy, then started to sprinkle a bit. Alaina and her assistant Darcy were so calm and assured us that they had everything under control. They did! They timed every steps so well that by the time the guests settled inside the tent and ready for dinner, the heavy rain started to pour down while we were enjoying our time still. It was a magical night, and we know it wouldn't have happened thet smoothly without them.

Sent on 07/28/2018

Mary · Married on 07/22/2018

Alaina and Root + Gather were amazing! I highly recommend Alaina for all your wedding planning needs. She was the planner for my son and daughter-in-law's farm wedding. Everything had to be brought in for the wedding and Alaina's recommendations for rentals and the caterer were wonderful. She was an invaluable help in the weeks leading up to the wedding coordinating with the rentals and the venue. On the day of the wedding, she and her assistant, Darcy, saw that everything ran smoothly. I don't think she has any control over the weather, but she certainly was able to work around the sometimes rainy and windy day! We managed to fit in the outdoor ceremony and she got us all under the tent for dinner just before the heavy rainfall. Alaina is a very warm, caring person who truly seems to love what she does!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Gabriella · Married on 07/21/2018

The moment we met with the owner, Alaina, we knew that root + gather were the right planners for us! We worked with Crystal for design and month of planning for our wedding at the Lyons Farmette. Crystal was incredibly organized, thoughtful, and a joy to work with! We kept talking about what a wonderful calming presence she was to have around during our wedding planning. Every time I talked to her I felt calm and prepared. She is truly amazing. Crystal also really understood my vision and our personalities and did an excellent job of executing exactly what we wanted! I honestly felt NO stress the week leading up to my wedding because I knew I was in such good hands! Everyone at my wedding kept commenting on how personal the whole thing felt, I really attribute that to Crystal, she knew exactly what we wanted and worked with us to make it happen! On top of that she is just the sweetest and so fun to hang out with! My family was really trying to get her to come to the after party with us because they loved her so much! :)

Sent on 08/02/2018

Kristen · Married on 07/21/2018

Alaina is seriously the best ever! We were so lucky to find Root and Gather. Multiple vendors we used commented on how organized and punctual they were and one of the best planners they had ever worked with.
    Alaina and her team helped us plan and design our perfect day, wouldn't have changed a thing. Super low stress, everything went perfectly, and they helped us throw one heck of a party :)
    Would 100% recommend Root and Gather for any wedding needs.

Sent on 08/04/2018