Roostertail Reviews

65 | Detroit, MI

65 Reviews for Roostertail

Kwame Larry · Married on 03/14/2020

Everything we wanted and needed in a wedding venue

Very easy, straight forward and accommodating.

Sent on 03/26/2020

Kevin Naylor · Married on 09/06/2019

Shawna was my everything while planning from North Carolina.

Planning a wedding is an exciting but, stressful time in a bride's life. Then life happens and you have a million other things going on all at the same time. After deciding to get married in Detroit, I did my research from a far and fell in love with the Roostertail - sight unseen. People thought I was crazy when I told them I booked a venue I hadn't seen in person. Outside of my diligent research and reading 100s of other reviews, there is one word that explains my final decision to sign on the line. SHAWNA. She is amazing. Not only did she understand my vision immediately- she understood me and my fiance as people. She was able to make suggestions that were exactly what I wanted even though I gave her a scattered description of what I thought I wanted after a long day of work. When my fiance and I decided we wanted to share how we like to eat with our guests and not have a sit down dinner but, do tapas and heavy hor d'oeuvres all night long- she rolled with it and made my dreams come true! She knows how to read people, and truly is an asset I never thought I would have the pleasure to work with. She is personable and professional, never pushy, and always responsive. Shawna consistently went above the call of duty and even listened to me cry about things completely unrelated when I was having "one of those days." It's not hard to find a beautiful venue (although few are AS beautiful as Roostertail)... there are so many. What is hard to come by is a venue with a reputation as outstanding as The Roostertail, few places have been serving the community as an event center as long as they have. I can't say enough great things about my experience and encourage every bride to do your research-- the options, packages, level of service, attention to detail, love and care that the Roostertail provides is unparalleled. If you want to know that you won't have to worry about a thing on your wedding day, and that someone has you covered on all the days leading up- you want to get married at The Roostertail.

Sent on 03/19/2019

Jillian · Married on 07/27/2019

The Roostertail is amazing!!!!!

We had our ceremony and reception at The Roostertail and it was absolutely amazing! The marine room was gorgeous and all of my guests said it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to! They were also raving about the delicious food! Nicole was a dream to work with! She was super attentive and responsive and went out of her way to address my questions and concerns. Having her made my wedding planning life so much easier! Thank you to The Roostertail for giving us our dream wedding!

-Tom & Jillian Mitchell

Sent on 08/11/2019

Paige Crawford · Married on 05/10/2019

Truly a fairytale wedding!!!!

My husband and I had our ceremony on the patio and reception in the Palm
    River room at the Roostertail on 10/05/19. It was perfect from start to finish! The venue was more beautiful than I could have imagined. Our coordinator Amber was simply AMAZING! Her attention to detail and expertise made our day even more special. From the moment we decided to have our wedding at the Roostertail she was incredible.  Amber made us feel like we were the only couple shewas working with. She was responsive and always available to answer any questions or ideas we had. My mother and I will miss our visits with Amber at the Roostertail. It truly felt like we were working with a family member or a friend. My husband described Amber as “clutch,” after the groomsmen forgot their boutonnieres at the hotel, Amber and Shawna handmade boutonnieres for them moments before they walked down the aisle. Just when we thought Amber could not get any better, she SURPISRED us during the reception with a customized quesadilla bar. Our guest could not stop talking about how AWESOME the food and service was.  Amber and the Roostertial team were FLAWLESS. The owners
    even stopped by to congratulate Daniel and I and made sure we were enjoying our experience. I would recommend the Roostertail as a wedding venue. They truly create a unique experience for each couple.

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Larry

Larry Dowers · Married on 04/05/2019

Excellent location near downtown and midtown Detroit where so much is happening!!!

Our ceremony was at Sweetest Heart of Mary and many of our guests stayed downtown and really enjoyed this venue which shows off the best of Detroit with views of the marina, the river, and downtown with the Rencenter and Bridge... breathtaking at dusk and romantic at night with the fountains and lighting effects .. just awesome. The staff take nothing for granted .. great food and service all through the event .. tireless attention to detail.

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 02/22/2019

Darnesha and her Dream Team!

We were in the best hands the day of our winter wonderland wedding when we had our intimate wedding of 46 people in the Roostertail’s beautifully redone Club Room.

First and foremost, Darnesha and her Dream Team. Oh my goodness. This girl endured my constant calls and emails and handled my organization overload with ease! There isn’t a detail this girl missed on our wedding day…plus she’s super sweet and adorable and a joy to talk to! The same went for the rest of the staff that helped on our wedding day. I wish I could remember all their names because they were all SO nice and made sure that each and every guest was attended to. We received so many compliments on the location, the food, the atmosphere, but most of all, the staff and how friendly and how at home everyone felt! We cannot thank each of them enough for making our day so special!

The food and drinks – A++++. We had plated dinners with the option of chicken piccata, salmon or a spice rubbed sirloin with bordelaise sauce. All had ravings reviews. Appetizers were delicious too!! I have more to write here by Wedding Wire has a limit lol.

I could seriously rave on and on about the Roostertail, it’s staff and it’s service. We had the most incredible night and not one person at our wedding had a bad experience and raved about it being one of the best weddings they had ever been to. It was a magical evening and Adam and I felt like we were accepted into the Roostertail family and have never felt so loved and taken care of as we did on that day!

If you’re having a big or a small wedding, the Roostertail has the space you need in a beautiful location and a staff that truly goes above and beyond what is expected of them. I highly highly highly recommend it!

Sent on 02/05/2018
  • Deana

Deana · Married on 12/31/2018

Magical NYE Wedding!

It’s hard to put into words how incredible Nicole and the entire Roostertail team is. Last year, John (my now husband) and I met with Nicole to inquire about having our wedding reception at the Roostertail. When people say they know the moment they walk into a venue, it’s the place for them, this is exactly how John and I felt. After one meeting with Nicole, we knew this was where we wanted to spend one of the most important days of our lives celebrating with our closest family and friends. Before we had anything finalized Nicole created a texting group chat with her, John and I titled, ‘John & Deana NYE 2018 Wedding.’ Seeing something as simple as this made us so excited and we felt so special. From our first encounter with Nicole we felt truly cared about and we loved that she was just as excited as we were. We said YES to the Roostertail. This was one of the easiest and best decisions we have ever made.

Throughout the entire planning process, Nicole was always there to answer phone calls, text messages, and emails promptly. I can honestly say, I did not have any worries and/or anxiety about the wedding because I trusted her 100%. I enjoyed the most important day in my life, worry-free because of Nicole. I know not every bride can say that. Nicole and the entire Roostertail team were flawless. They included several surprises the night of our wedding, which we are forever grateful for. The food was delicious, the drinks were perfect, and all the staff members were extremely accommodating. The owner of the Roostertail was on sight the night of our wedding and personally came over to John and I congratulating us, making sure we were good. Remarkable customer service! We have received endless compliments about the evening from our guests. Our New Year’s Eve wedding was so magical, something out of a movie! I honestly could not imagine planning our wedding without Nicole and recommend her and the Roostertail team with no reservations. We look forward to attending future Roostertail events!

Sent on 01/15/2019

L Steiner · Married on 10/20/2018

great venue in Detroit

Club Room was a great venue in Detroit for an intimate wedding of 50 to 70 people. We had a wedding reception for 60 on October 20th and it was perfect!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2018

This venue and staff make dreams come true!!!! My husband and I couldn’t have asked for a more amazing wedding day!!!! From the views to the staff to the food to the decor everything was absolutely perfect!!!! If you want your dream wedding check out this venue and ask for Nicole!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Nicole · Married on 10/06/2018

The Roostertail was fabulous!! Our wedding day was perfect thanks to the team at the Roostertail. They went above and beyond to be sure that our day was perfect for us. The weather was not cooperating and then it cleared up at the last minute and they moved the set up from indoors to outdoors. They were very accommodating and Nicole our wedding planner was always on top of everything along the entire planning process. She was so much fun, personable and helpful so it made the wedding planning more fun than stressful.

Sent on 10/13/2018
  • Tara

Tara Verlinden · Married on 09/13/2018

Leave the Worry to The RoosterTail!

Every detail, every idea, all of the planning...this is the place that will do more than execute all of your dreams. They will surpass them. Na'Shelle is an amazing professional and is a great planning partner! The owners, staff, and venue are all about what makes Detroit the best.

Sent on 10/17/2018

Jocelyn · Married on 09/08/2018

Everything was picture perfect, couldn’t have asked for more. The most wonderful venue and even better is the wonderful people that will help you. Shawna is spectacular, she really puts the sparkle on your wedding. She takes a lot of the stress away. From the moment you walk in it is truly magical. Thank you Shawna, Michael and the staff at the Roostertail!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Kristin · Married on 07/21/2018

Most gorgeous venue to get married at! Our wedding day was so beautiful and so much fun! The wedding planners Shawna, Nicole and Sydney are amazing and went above and beyond what I ever dreamed!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Kiran · Married on 06/29/2018

We absolutely love Shawna!!!! Words cant justify how great she is!!! It was my dream wedding!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Lili · Married on 05/08/2018

Darnesha, thank you so much for making our day very special. All our guests were beyond entertained and happy all because of the accommodations you were able to make happen until the day of the event even. Darnesha was very responsive, considerate, and creative. She had many great ideas to add and amazing suggestions. She was a joy to work with, truly.

Sent on 08/20/2018

Sherri · Married on 04/21/2018

Nicole, Shawna and the entire Roostertail team are AMAZING! Our wedding was on April 21 and was absolutely fabulous with lots of little touches added. We asked for a chocolate chip cookie snack and got awesome little bottles of milk (chocolate, strawberry and plain) with cookies on straws stuck in the bottle! We had seen a polar bear (my spirit animal) at a holiday event and they got it out of storage so it could greet our guests! They even helped us with a unique seating arrangement. I cannot say enough good things about The Roostertail - if I could give them 10 stars I would.

Sent on 04/26/2018

Virginia · Married on 10/28/2017

Shawna is absolutely, hands down, the greatest wedding planner of all time. I have 3 daughters and this wedding/reception was for the last of the 3. After working with Shawna, the other 2 owe me a refund lol. This lady listens, she hears, she reads between the lines and all of the above. Words cannot Express the deep appreciation I have for Shawna because she made my daughters reception a true fairytale. The reception was worth every dime I spent.

Now for that fabulous venue. We were on the first floor in the Marine Room. By the time Shawna and her team finished the decorating, linens, candle operas and food presentation, my guest were blown away. People are calling our event the wedding of the century (not year).

Finally, I want to say to all parents of the bride or whomever is paying the bill, in the beginning it does seem expensive. But, the payment schedule is very flexible and I promise you on that special night, you will realize you made the best investment in your family and friends. The event is worth every dime that you spend.

Sent on 11/07/2017

Anastasia · Married on 10/27/2017

Shawna the wedding planner was awesome. I had a fall theme wedding and she went above and beyond to perfect the theme. The venue was Beautiful and i was so happy.

Sent on 10/03/2018
  • F

Farah · Married on 09/09/2017

Shawna is literally the most incredible woman I have met! The best event coordinator ever. She goes above and beyond for her brides. Shawna is the definition of a person who loves their job and does whatever it takes to make the bride and groom happy. Whenever you need her, she is there. Quick to get a hold of, never ignores. Plus, she'll never say no to you! She never fails to be amazing and I am so blessed to have her as my wedding coordinator.

Sent on 07/12/2017

Shawna is amazing! So far, my experience has been pleasant and I cannot wait to have my wedding reception at the Roostertail next year. This is the first and only venue I have seen and I was sold at the first visit! So excited for what is to come. I know this will be a great experience!

Sent on 03/18/2016

Amy · Married on 11/05/2016

We had our ceremony and reception at the Roostertail last month. We had so many compliments! The decor was beautiful, food was amazing, staff was super friendly. Definitely not a "cookie cutter" kind of place. Everyone was raving about the unique little touches. I wouldn't have changed anything.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Carl · Married on 10/15/2016

Having attended my granddaughters wedding at the Roostertail in October 2016, I would like to say from my observations it was the best. Shawna was certainly on top of her game. Starting with the rehearsal Friday evening up to the time we left after the wedding on Saturday night everything was perfect. She as well as the entire staff did everything they could to make this a memorable event for every attendee and certainly the Bride and Groom. The food was great, all staff members were very courteous and very helpful, the bartenders were expedient, the venue was decorated nicely, seating was very accommodating, and the water display outside the windows was breathtaking, with colored lighting yet!
    I would recommend this venue to anyone, in all our years, this wedding stood out and will be remembered by us for a long time. Many thanks to Kyle and Alisha for choosing "The Roostertail". Thanks to Shawna and the entire staff for taking such good care of us, you are the best.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Amazing venue with beautiful views of Detroit. Shawna Peplinski was the most helpful event coordinator ever.She was always quick with her responses and helped with every thing we asked for. Shawna is so experienced with weddings, she had everything going on schedule, and all of her suggestions were spot on. You would be so lucky to have the opportunity to work with her, she is amazing! Our wedding and ceremony was perfect. There was another wedding and reception occurring at the same time in the room above ours and we had no idea that it was even happening. All the staff were friendly and professional. the food was great, all of our guests raved about the food and said our wedding was the best they have ever been to. I could go on for days, the Roostertail was the best experience of my life.

Sent on 08/13/2016

michelle · Married on 04/16/2016

I just had my wedding on April 16th of 2016 at the Roostertail and it was the most amazing day of my life. Shawna was so fun to work with and her staff were phenomenal they went above and beyond all expectations to ensure the night ran smoothly, made sure every detail was perfect and kept all of our needs fulfilled. They were ready for anything and everything. Some staff even stayed to ensure guests left safely. My husband, our parents and I have recieved dozens of messages and phone calls saying how amazing everything was. We experienced first hand what can come out of impeccable leadership. My ceremony was perfect my reception was perfect and the entire experience was absolutely amazing, a dream come true.
    A huge thank you to Shawna and her staff at the Roostertail for giving me and my loved ones memories that will last a lifetime.

Sent on 04/18/2016

Deidre · Married on 03/05/2016

Shawna at the Roostertail is one of the best professional, and easy to work with individuals we have come across in the industry. My (now) husband and I are from Detroit, however we were planning the wedding from San Francisco with the help of our parents. Shawna went above and beyond to make sure that, as an out of town bride, I felt comfortable with all decisions being made. She worked closely with my Father and made herself available to us basically at any time of the day (not expected but great with the time difference!).
    The reception itself was fantastic. Our guests raved about the cocktail hour and overall food. Shawna worked with our vendors for an awesome ambience during dinner. Simply said, it was the BEST night of our lives, and we could not have been happier with the Roostertail.

Sent on 03/16/2016