Roger Williams Park Events Reviews

50 | Providence, RI

50 Reviews for Roger Williams Park Events

Lisa · Married on 07/20/2007

This location was superb and the staff was outstanding to work with! I HIGHLY recommend them!

Sent on 04/26/2008

Kristin · Married on 04/24/2004

Highly recommend this place. They were wonderful, the place was beautiful, and the price was affordable. We had the ceremony outside, which was just lovely. The downstairs of the building is perfect for cocktail hour and the upstairs ballroom was just beautiful. The views are great. And if you want some amazing pictures, go over to the Temple of Music inside the Roger Williams park - absolutely gorgeous.

Sent on 05/23/2008

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2012

My husband and I fell in love with the venue the very first time that we saw it. We could not have been happier to get married and have our reception at the Botanical Center. It was an unbelievably beautiful venue that needed very little decor, yet it was so lush and populated. I wish I could have every event at this venue!

Please see my blog for pictures and other information: http://www.rhodylife.blogspot.com

Sent on 02/14/2013

Julie · Married on 05/29/2016

My husband and I had our wedding in May 2016 at the Botanical Garden. We worked with Heather and really enjoyed our experience there. She was accommodating and made sure everything went as smoothly as possible for us. You do have to rent everything, but Heather gave us her opinion and made sure we had all in the information we needed before making various choices.

We LOVED having our wedding there. The greenhouse is gorgeous and made for the perfect backdrop (especially at night). They shut the whole park down so that the caterers can set up, and the wedding party can get ready. We also rented a tent, and Heather & team made sure we had everything we needed in order to fit the number of guests that we had. I would highly recommend this venue!!!

Sent on 02/11/2017

Valery · Married on 04/26/2014

The venue was beautiful! Heather was very organized and easy to work with. I loved the separate space for cocktail hour.

Sent on 04/30/2014

Stacey · Married on 10/08/2011

Absolutely beautiful, unique venue on beautiful grounds. I would definitely have my wedding there all over again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/27/2011

Stefanie · Married on 06/11/2010

Extremely helpful and straightforward staff. They are definitely looking out for your benefit and trying to get you the best value. Very flexible and down to earth. A beautiful venue that offers so much for so little. The casino (which isn't really a casino, but a big brick house) is set in Roger Williams Park between the Japanese Garden and the Rose Garden--couldn't pick a more beautiful place! There is also the convenience of having a ceremony site right behind the house on a small lake. Definitely would recommend to other brides!

Sent on 06/30/2010

This venue is beautiful! I got married in the Roger Williams Casino by the bandstand at the water, and our reception was on the top floor of the casino. Our guests absolutely loved the location because during our photos they could walk around the GORGEOUS park and stroll the grounds. We took photos on the gorgeous antique wrap-around porch, at the carousel (a must! seriously brides, TAKE PHOTOS HERE), and at the lover's retreat bridge. The venue is really beautiful on its own on a beautiful summer day, so decor was not a big issue. Heather was a big help, but sometimes was a little abrasive. Her advice is helpful, and really guided us on what would look nice and not nice. I didn't like that our guests were kind of "pushed out" at the end of the night. We had the place from 5-10, and around 9:45 we were told LEAVE.

Sent on 01/16/2015

Grace · Married on 06/16/2012

3.5

The site was GORGEOUS. It was slightly more expensive than other sites around Providence, but it was worth every penny. Everyone couldn't stop talking about how beautiful and unique the space was. We just used the Botanical Gardens for our reception, and the two rooms worked beautiful to separate cocktail hour and the sit down dinner. This was the perfect option to get the outdoor feeling without having to risk bad weather ruining the event. Perfect option for someone who wants to get away from your typical ballroom wedding.

The only "difficult" part was that there was little flexibility in how to set up the event since so many of the plants/fountains etc. can't be moved.

Sent on 07/12/2012

We had our wedding ceremony at the Bandstand in back of the Casino building. The day before, there was an incident that came up where the coordinator had to leave - and missed the rehearsal. Well, even if she doesn't typically stay for rehearsal, the door was locked so we could not get into the building to rehearse anything that had to be taken care of inside of the building... which, one of the plans were the "in-case-it-rains" backup plan.. thank GOD it didn't rain because I think we would have been pretty disorganized.

Because it is state-owned property, the coordinators are employees of the state - they don't get commission. This is great because they are completely up-front and honest about everything. The park was gorgeous, and I was warned about taking photos in the Rose Garden because the flowers were in-between blooms at that point.

I was a little disappointed with the condition of the outside space - there were broken lights, columns, etc.

I think, overall it was a great value for what we got. All of the chiavari chairs and the tables were included - so they cut out rental fees on that. There were some organization issues on the day of the wedding, but I can't really determine if that was on the venue's part or the caterer's part. Not a big deal, though.

Sent on 08/08/2015

k · Married on 06/01/2012

This place is GORGEOUS...a hidden Rhode Island gem!! We had our Ceremony performed in the Botanical Center and it was like magic!! Between, the flowers, trees and fountain ponds it will blow you away! Such a unique and unexpected venue! We used the tent below for the Reception which worked out wonderfully too. Heather was extremely helpful, no matter how busy, she always got back to me. And I had a lot of questions!! You do have to bring your own vendors in for everything so if you're looking for a one-stop shop then this isn't for you. But if you want to put your own spin on things and create a memorable night from flowers to linens then this is the perfect venue! Highly recommend!!

Kristen Sampson-Davis

Sent on 06/27/2012

kareesh · Married on 05/28/2011

I loved my wedding at the Botanical center. It was beautiful. We had one hundred people in the first room with the two fountains. It was beautiful. We had so many compliments about the ceremony. Everyone was very professional and they even did a walk through the day before.

Sent on 06/14/2011

Nicole · Married on 05/28/2011

The Roger Williams Casino was a great location for a wedding. The Casino was one of the most unique wedding venues we visited and it offered a lot of value for the price. The Casino included gold ballroom chairs and tables in their rental cost, this was a huge savings as no other historic venue we visited included these extras. The Casino was also a few thousand cheaper than some of the other historic venues we visited, this allowed us to add an extra hour onto our reception.

On top of the savings the Casino was our favorite venue, it has a lot of charm and character. We loved the ballroom and downstairs bar area. We were lucky and had a nice warm spring wedding day, people were outside on the Casino porches all night. People have given us a lot of compliments on how unique our wedding was. The staff at the Casino was also very flexible. They were always very quick to answer our questions.

Sent on 06/24/2011

Valerie · Married on 05/30/2010

3.0

The indoors and outdoors of the Roger Williams Park Casino is so breath-taking! The downstairs makes for a great cocktail hour and the ballroom upstairs is great for the reception! Just so beautiful! Heather at the Casino is great to deal with, she always returns your calls right away! The reason I gave only 3 stars for professionalism is because on the day of the wedding the person who was there to overlook the Casino was extremely under-dressed and the best way to put it is "unprofessional"! It was a bit embarassing. Luckily my Catering company dealt directly with my guests!

Sent on 05/02/2011

Lindsay · Married on 10/04/2008

I used the Casino for my reception, and was really blown away. It's a beautiful venue- one of my bridesmaids said she felt like she was in a period film! The Casino definitely delivers a 'wow-factor' for a very reasonable price.

Sent on 10/13/2008

Rachel · Married on 10/06/2007

We wanted a beautiful New England historic building and although the Newport mansions are gorgeous, they were a little out of our budget and quite a haul from our home. The Roger Williams Casino is equally beautiful, located conveniently to Providence and was reasonably priced for the space and service.

Sent on 02/21/2008

Erin · Married on 11/21/2015

The Casino is gorgeous! We truly had an amazing wedding in this historic building. The staff is seriously the best, Heather and Lori are wonderful, friendly and endlessly helpful!! Definitely get uplighting upstairs it makes a huge difference for ambiance! The only negative(sort of) is flow, because of space, the bar and the photo-booth were downstairs and the men's bathroom was downstairs as well. Again, I would definitely have my wedding here again without a second thought!!

Sent on 12/17/2015

We had our wedding at Roger Willaims Casino in Providence, RI in October 2016. This venue is extremely unique and different from most typical Newport, RI wedding venues. We recieved so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was with its dark wood and fireplace downstairs during our cocktail hour to the festive style upstairs for our reception. If you book here, the grounds of the park are also available for photographs. With our wedding in the fall, our photos came our beautiful!

Heather and Lauri are both in charge and both super friendly and flexible. We had a few requests such as moving some chairs around and having the fireplace on and they were very coperative and happy to work with us to make our day very special.

The price is excellent as well. Included in the venue rental are all chairs and tables as well as a pass for photographs on the grounds. They also provide a list of required caterers and I would highly recommend Emery Catering. Please see my review for thay vendor.

Sent on 10/30/2016

breta · Married on 11/01/2014

We held our ceremony and reception at the Roger Williams Casino Mansion in Providence RI and it went so well. The first floor accommodated our # of guests (115) perfectly and could have easily handled more. The fireplace was lit and with the mantle designed it was a great place for the ceremony. The reception was on the 2nd floor and the space was BEAUTIFUL. We didn't need uplighting at all because the chandeliers are on dimmers, so with that plus the candles, the lighting was beautiful. I liked that we were able to provide our own liquor and choose our own caterer. Heather is the coordinator at the venue. She's a little rough around the edges at times in terms of communication, but she gets the job done and she's very good at what she does. She knows her stuff and everything was taken care of without any problems. All of our guests LOVED the venue and our wedding was amazing. A word to the wise: have a back up plan for pictures if the weather turns to crap, because it is NOT easy figuring out an alternate way to take pics last minute when the park is rainy, windy and cold! We definitely recommend RW Casino as a wonderful place for any event.

Sent on 11/09/2014
  • Haroutiun

Haroutiun · Married on 05/27/2012

4.2

Roger Williams Park Casino was where we had our wedding and it was the best choice. The inside of the place is so beautiful with the high ceiling and architecture. The location was right off the highway so it was convenient for our guests to find. The music sounded great during the reception. What was nice about the Casino is that it has a wrap around porch on the first floor where the cocktail hour was conducted.

Sent on 07/17/2012

Christina · Married on 05/21/2016

4.2
      3.5

We had our wedding at the botanical Center. The ceremony was outdoors on the terrace by the river. The cocktail hour was indoor and outdoor in the Mediterranean greenhouse. The reception was indoors in the 2nd greenhouse.

We loved the venue! It was beautiful! There were some challenges being that this is a completely DIY venue. If you have the time and energy to plan the wedding yourself, then go ahead! As beautiful as this place is, I live in California so I think I shoudlve gone with a place that had more of a package. It's quite challenging planning from across the country. The beauty of the venue really was perfect. I worked with both heather and Richard. Richard was there for our rehearsal and wedding. He had great suggestions and really helped a lot.

Cons:
    It is quite pricey and realizing that the cost is literally for the venue alone doesn't really hit until later in the planning process.

Limited preferred caterers - it would have been great if we could've chosen a caterer that we really wanted. We were limited to their 5 preferred. 2 of them are very nice but pricey, one average priced that we chose and 2 that we didn't really consider.

Dropping off decor - we brought all of our own flowers and decorations. The downside being we had to drop it off the morning of the wedding. It's not something you want to have to worry about the morning of, but it ended up being fine.

Sent on 06/04/2016

Megan · Married on 12/31/2011

3.0

This venue was completely unique, and my guests loved it! It was a bit pricey, and did not come with anything (i.e. tables, chairs, etc), but it was worth it to see the look on my guests' faces. The venue became extremely hot as the night went on, and there didn't seem to be a way to cool it other than opening doors (which we did). I would be leery about using this venue during summer months, as I an only imagine how hot it must get (and humid). The space landed itself extremely well to our cocktail style reception. We were extremely pleased with the site. Sometimes it would take a day or two to get a call back, and they didn't cash our check for some time (which is fine, just when you have so much money going out, its nice to have people cash checks when you write them). Overall, a great, unique, beautiful venue!

Sent on 01/17/2012

josh · Married on 06/29/2013

The maintenance team is fantastic. They are all very friendly and always willing to lend a hand. The maintenance supervisor is knowledgeable and has good customer service. The person in charge of bookings is good too. She is very flexible and allowed us access the night before to set up. They also allowed us access anytime we wanted to see the tent. They allowed us to use the facilities for the rehearsal. Where they went wrong is there was not enough communication between the managers and their replacement. One of the replacements was extremely rude and tried to interrupt my wedding. I won't get into it because it was the only hiccup during the whole process and since then I feel like the problem is resolved. I will say that the manager attempted to contact me multiple times to make things right and I appreciate her efforts. I am going to click that I would recommend this vendor to the friend because it is a breath taking facility, the maintenance team was great and for the most part the managers were good too. I am in the field where I am constantly reading reviews and I hate to get bad reviews but I felt reviews can also be constructive. I also feel the replacement should be educated on contracts and customer service.

Sent on 07/16/2013

Robyn · Married on 05/28/2011

2.5

We had our May wedding in the Botanical Center at Roger Williams and absolutely loved it! We worked with Heather Manning to organize the event, and she was absolutely wonderful. The staff at the Botanical Center was very friendly and helpful as well. The actual venue was gorgeous!!! The glass walls and ceilings, paired with the underlit ferns surrounding the space made everything glow and had such a magical feel. Because of the beauty of the space, we got incredible photographs from our photographer. It was truly spectacular. The only complaint I would have is that the timing is a little tight since they host so many events there. It was a little difficult to get in early to set up.

Sent on 06/17/2011

Danielle · Married on 10/01/2011

2.8
      2.0
      2.0
      3.0

Getting the venue was very easy, but their hours make it difficult to call for information. We also were told (twice) that we could use the Casino for our rehearsal, but then the day of we were told that no one would be there to let us in.

Sent on 12/27/2011