Rodica Lazarian Couture Bridal Design Reviews

39 | Atlanta, GA

39 Reviews for Rodica Lazarian Couture Bridal Design

celia · Married on 02/01/2014

I got my dress at Bridals By Lori (see review) and couldn't get it altered in house because I had it shipped out of state. Nicole with Peachtree Weddings and Events recommended Rodica Lazarian for alterations and she was a life saver! My lace dress was about 3 sizes too big and Rodica was literally a magician! She truly knows how to make the dress the most flattering for you. She had 5 fittings with me and worked through a snow storm to make sure my dress was perfection. Her talents aside, she was an absolute pleasure to work with and really seemed to have my best interest at heart! I couldn't recommend her more highly!

Sent on 02/05/2014
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 11/30/2013

Rodica is the kind of person that makes you feel immediately like you're part of the family. She was incredibly easy and flexible to work with and her work speaks for itself. She made me feel like a princess and all sorts of tips and tricks from what to wear under my dress to giving bustling lessons to my MOH. She even made a breathtaking custom head piece to match my look/dress that I swear I got more compliments on than the dress itself! You are in amazing hands with Rodica.

Sent on 12/17/2013

Rodica Lazarian of Couture Bridal Design and Alteration did the alterations for my Mother of the Bride Dress. She is a truly talented and creative person and extremely easy to work with. She came up with modifications to my MOB dress that maintained the look and style of the original dress while making it fit ME. That was not as easy as it may sound but Rodica made it seem easy and the result was wonderful. Just a great personality. Strongly recommend.

Sent on 06/02/2014

Kelly · Married on 09/07/2013

Throughout the wedding planning process, the trips I took to visit Rodica were my favorite. The ladies at Nicole Miller highly recommended her as a tailor and I am SO glad I used her. Her prices were reasonable and on my wedding day, my dress was a perfect fit (a huge feat considering how big the dress was when she started). Rodica is a charming, thoughtful, delightful lady. I ended up sending my mother there as well to get her mother-of-the-bride dress fitted and she was instantly smitten as well. I'm in a wedding this February. I have a feeling I'll be calling Rodica again soon!

Sent on 11/06/2013
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 11/03/2012

Rodica is a master, she took my inexpensive off the rack wedding dress and made it fit like a glove. I just put the budget more towards alterations than the dress and it worked out wonderfully. She also added a detachable stole at my request. She's lovely to work with, and I highly recommend!

Sent on 12/12/2012

Laura · Married on 04/02/2011

Ms. Lazarian was very quick with adjusting my wedding dress at a reasonable time. She is always a happy and with an upbeat attitude. She defiantly calmed me down whenever I had the wedding jitters!

Sent on 11/13/2013

My wedding could not have been amazing without the services of Rodica Lazarian.With her expertise in couture design and alterations my gown and veil turned out to be more beautiful than ever.

Sent on 11/23/2013

Ashley · Married on 10/18/2008

I had the dress in mind that I wanted but could not find anything like it. I went to Rodica with the idea in my head. She pulled some vintage lace she thought of and it was EXACTLY what I was looking for. She made my dress from scratch without even having my measurements!! I have to admit I thought she was crazy and that this was going to turn out awful but I could not have been more wrong. My first fitting she had the dress pinned together and it fit perfectly!! I couldn't believe it! When the dress was complete it was amazing. No one has a dress like it!! Also, I am what I call very plain so I didn't want a lot of beading on the dress. Just the vintage lace. Rodica told me I should have some beading at the top and I told her no, I didn't want it. When she brought the dress to me on my wedding day the beading was on there! Good thing too. I loved it!!! She knew it would look best and I should have trusted the expert. Good thing she went with what she knows. She also made my mother's dress from scratch and it was absolutely amazing.

Elizabeth · Married on 08/16/2008

I wore my mom/grandmother's wedding dress and needed some alterations made. Rodica was our absolute favorite vendor!! She took a 60 year old dress and altered it without compromising the dress in any way. She was able to remove the sleeves and make the dress strapless. She also made my veil by hand, suggested jewelry, shoes and other accessories. I saw her about once a month for fittings. She was accommodating as i continued to make changes to things. The dress was pressed and ready when i picked it up the day before the wedding.

She also altered my mom's dress and two of my bridesmaid's dresses.

I wish I was getting married again just so i can hang out with her some more! Seriously she was just our favorite person. She has a wonderful little office right in Buckhead. She even provided a trial veil for my hair trial so i didn't have to take my actual veil there.

Sent on 02/18/2009
  • W

wanda · Married on 03/15/2008

We were referred to Rodica for alterations for the bridal dress and mother of the bride dress. We purchased these out of state, and knew we would need extensive alterations. Words cannot describe how impressed we were with Rodica. She totally transformed the wedding dress my daughter had bought. Not only did she remove a lot of the excess rhinestones, flowers, petticoats, she altered it 3 sizes smaller. Rodica then altered my mother of the bride dress 5 sizes smaller, (The dress came big, and I lost a ton of weight) She then took the excess fabric and made a wrap for my dress, and remade the lace from the wedding dress into a lace jacket for my daughter. The dresses went from being just okay (before Rodica) into couture fashion (after Rodica). Rodica even came to help the bride, bridesmaids, etc. get dressed before the wedding. I had purchased cheap little brooch pins for the bridesmaids, just as an afterthought. Rodica took these brooches and somehow made a totally gorgeous rosette from the fabric belts on the back of the bridesmaids' dresses, then put the brooches in the middle of the rosette. Numerous people commented how beautiful this was as the bridesmaids were walking down the aisle. Rodica was our most favorite vendor! She is incredibly talented, organized, personable and wonderful! She is the caliber of person that all wedding dress associates should aspire to be!
    You will be most pleased when you use Rodica!

Sent on 03/21/2009

Ami · Married on 03/04/2006

My dress was amazing and my veil was simply divine. Rodica made me look like an angel (and that's no easy feat!)

Dana · Married on 06/12/2005

Rodica is Amazing!! She custom made my dress and it was beautiful! She even custom made my hair piece! I would recommend her to everyone!

Kira · Married on 10/29/2016

Rodica and her team are amazing! I brought in a BHLDN dress (skirt and corset) and asked that she make a Lace topper for my dress as we had our ceremony in a Catholic church. It turned out absolutely AMAZING. The dress fit like a dream and the whole process leading up to the wedding was super simple and not stressful. I'd recommend Rodica hands down, especially if you have a BHLDN dress.

Sent on 11/13/2016

I found Rodica through Yelp. My dress was very simple and didn't need a lot of alterations, but I wanted to find someone who was very reputable. Rodica made my dress perfect and made the process smooth. She had honest opinions about my dress and the undergarments that I bought from David's Bridal and made sure I was happy with how everything look. My favorite part was that she "sculpted" the dress to make my figure look better (I'm really skinny and don't have curves, but she altered the dress so that it made me look like I had an hourglass figure!).

Overall, I'm very satisfied with her service and how my dress looked, but the only reason I'm giving 4.5/5 for value is because I thought it was pretty expensive for such simple alterations I got. Also, she is very busy (her calendar is literally completely full) and is sometimes hard to get a hold of over the phone, so I gave her 4.5/5 for responsiveness. But the quality of service is impeccable and I would recommend her to anyone who needs any sort of alteration needs.

Sent on 10/31/2015