Rocklands Barbeque and Grilling Company Reviews

295 | Alexandria, VA

295 Reviews for Rocklands Barbeque and Grilling Company

Karleen · Married on 06/30/2018

Terrific catering for our daughter's wedding in Arlington, VA at Hendry House. During the planning phase, my daughter was able to make changes to the menu easily. We saved money by purchasing alcohol ourselves, with Rocklands bartenders serving it along with their delicious homemade lemonade and ice tea--much appreciated on a hot June Day. Simple barbecue buffet was great for a Garden Party wedding. The barbecue beef and salmon were a great choice. Also especially loved mini jalapeño corn muffins. For dessert, along with cake from our own bakery, Rocklands served mini cupcakes, and finished off with the usual coffee, and pulled out an icecream pushcart serving a half dozen novelty ice creams--guests loved this refreshing end to a very hot day. Staff and servers all did their jobs professionally allowing us to enjoy the event. Thanks Rocklands!

Sent on 07/07/2018
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · event on: 04/18/2017

Rocklands Barbeque and Grilling Company is one of my favorite caterers to work with. We requested light reception fare for an industry event, and they went above and beyond to provide great food and service within a limited time-frame. They are timely and friendly, and the food is always delicious (try the mac and cheese)!

Sent on 05/11/2017

Richard · Married on 05/26/2018

Top notch, far exceeded expectations from start to finish. Provided valuable insight during wedding planning with value-added recommendations. Understood the pros and cons of the venue, knew how to make it our own. Made it a turn-key operation, no muss, no fuss, for the bride and her wedding party. Very flexible in response to potential inclement weather. Servers took care of the party and all attendees without being obvious. And did I mention that the food was outstanding?! I'd do it again with Rocklands in a heartbeat.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Juliana · event on: 05/17/2013

Your guys are great! Everything was perfect.

Sent on 05/20/2013
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/14/2017

Rocklands' team was awesome. They were very helpful and informative in their menu choices and services. They were very flexible and patient with us while we continually changed our minds on what we wanted. The team that came out on our wedding day were amazing and helped us out tremendously. They went above and beyond making the day go much smoother, relieving lots of stress, and letting us focus on enjoying our wedding day.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Colleen · Married on 09/02/2017

Food: AMAZING. Service: OUTSTANDING! They had people who made sure we, the bride and groom, were fed and had drinks whenever we wanted. I felt like a princess! The food was simply amazing, and the bartenders were knowledgable and quick for our large crowd. I can't wait to go back to their storefronts to have their food on a regular basis!!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Melesa · Married on 08/11/2017

I could not have made a better choice for my wedding caterer!!!! Often times, wedding food is forgettable or even if it's good, it's not something you remember much after the wedding but Rocklands BBQ is an anomaly. The food was great, the appetizers were a hit with guests and the bartenders were awesome. Even during the planning stage, Carmen and her team were extremely responsive with any and all questions I had...sometimes, I received email responses only minutes after sending an inquiry. I was always taken care of like I was special and it will never be forgotten. The food can speak for itself but they went above and beyond to ensure that we also had a customer service experience that was exceptional as well. They expected the unexpected and even when the unexpected happened (my venue didn't provide enough wine glasses as I expected), Rocklands came to the rescue without hesitation! Now back to the food.......The food was so delicious that my guests are still talking about it almost two months later...and so much so that my family have visited Rocklands on a number of occasions after the wedding, including catering again for my birthday party. All in all, we were blown away in all areas and will be forever grateful for Rocklands enhancing my wedding experience...both for my husband and I as well as our guests ☺️!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Christina · Married on 08/05/2017

These people were amazing to work with! I was super pleased with their food at the tasting and then they were very on point with everything else! Constantly communicating with me with updates and changes or anything else unneeded. They continued to ask questions the week of the wedding to ensure they had everything ready for day of! They made me feel at ease. They were wonderful to work with. Great people, great food. They did a wonderful job setting up and cleaning up! I'd highly recommend them!!

Sent on 08/09/2017

Jennifer · event on: 09/13/2015

The on-site staff did an excellent job. The homeowners were impressed by how well they cleaned up afterward, he said not a speck of trash was left.

Sent on 09/16/2015

Lawren · Married on 10/01/2016

I loved using Rocklands as my caterer for my wedding. In the initial stages of planning my Husband and I knew that we wanted to have barbecue for food at our wedding. We got proposals from multiple caterers and then did tastings at a few. Rocklands blew the rest out of the water. The bonus was that they were a preferred cater at my venue so we didn't have to go through any extra steps to use them. They are super cool about you bringing in your own things so long as you notify them. We decided to go with personalized napkins and cups, provided our own desserts and brought in our own alcohol. Rocklands made sure everything that we brought was available to our guest. Our wedding planner was super impressed by their preparedness and ability to cohesively work with her. The best part was how our guests raved about the food!

Sent on 11/02/2016
  • User7192285 · 2+ years ago

Everyone was so helpful. The caterers were wonderful!

Sent on 09/12/2016
  • User7018695 · event on: 07/22/2016

We used Rockland's to cater our rehearsal dinner. They were very professional and the food was fantastic. I highly recommend them- I would absolutely use their services again in the future!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Everything was awesome! The staff was extremely professional and helpful! They were easy to work with and the food was delicious. We would definitely use them again!

Sent on 07/25/2016

Beth · Married on 06/03/2016

Great experience and wonderful staff. Left our house looking better than before they came.

Sent on 06/08/2016

My husband and I booked Rocklands to cater our wedding back in January. From our initial tasting, to the day of, Rocklands was extremely professional and easy to communicate with. Their catering menu is quite vast (not just barbeque!) and they even prepared special plates for our vegetarian and vegan guests! Carmen handled our tasting and contract. She was very personable and readily brought us dishes we had not initially asked for during our tasting. She also quickly responded to my many questions and let us change our menu multiple times leading up to the big day. Rocklands also handled our rentals for the venue (i.e. tables, flatware, and linens). Wayland was present at our final walkthrough at the venue, and helped us decide on table layout for the buffet and reception. All of our guests commented on how great the service was and of course complimented the food! I highly recommend Rocklands Barbecue and Grilling Company for any catering event, but it was clear that they've done many weddings before! I was especially impressed at how smoothly the setup and flip for the reception went. I could not have been happier with their work!

Sent on 02/23/2016

The service provided was above and beyond what we expected and so welcome! The server was very capable and anticipated everyone's needs. The tables and food looked great and were kept tidy and clean looking. The server made sure we knew to ask him if we needed anything. He was very efficient.

Sent on 09/16/2015

Great working with Carmen, Wayland, and Catherine. All very professional, friendly and helpful.

Sent on 04/22/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 04/18/2015

We used Rocklands to cater our Rehearsal Dinner and were thrilled with their services! We loved being able to use a company that was local and unique to DC. They were always responsive and helpful in answering all of our questions. The quality of food was fantastic and our guests loved the food. Overall, a great experience with Rocklands and would highly recommend to others!

Sent on 05/03/2015

Lindsay · Married on 03/07/2015

I cannot say enough great things about working with Rocklands. First of all, the price blows everyone else out of the water. If you are from DC you know their food is unbeatable, plus their food is mostly local which is a nice touch.

They were super responsive, and Anne and Wayland are a wedding dream team. They've done so many weddings it's like well oiled machine, and they thought of all the things we didn't think of (but were absolutely NOT pushy about anything). They are also super friendly and warm which is kind of a weird thing to think about wedding vendors, but they were so great to have as part of our day. I had been really stressed out with wedding planning and by the time I left the tasting I felt completely relieved and excited. Super flexible, they even called in to make a few changes 2 hours before the wedding started when we realized we hadn't brought enough beer (we were stocking our own bar and using their bartenders, they had no problem having someone run beer to us. Who does that!)

We did a buffet and had 200 people through in 30 minutes. Plenty of food, and they actually have some fancy cocktail hour options (who knew!). We also used their bartenders who were really fast and professional.

I really can't recommend them enough, they added so much to our wedding! They also do EVERYTHING. I think they even had an option for a mechanical bull! And they've worked with everyone and were familiar with our venue, DJ and the staff we had there which was really nice.

Sent on 03/17/2015

Gelsey · Married on 01/17/2015

Rocklands catered our wedding and it was awesome! When we were planning the wedding, we didn't want boring food like a dry piece of salmon that had been sitting on a hot plate for a few hours with some uninspired vegetables that cost a small fortune per person. Instead, we wanted delicious good that pleases a crowd. We both love BBQ so we decided to call Rocklands. Rocklands' staff was fantastic in helping us get a quote and plan the menu. Our tasting was so much fun too! Carmen from Rocklands walked us through all the different options and how to make it work from the budget perspective. They were flexible to accept changes (like adding bar fruit (lemons, olives, etc.) to our quote at last minute). During the wedding, their staff was AWESOME! All their staff, from the managers to bar tenders, servers, and kitchen staff were super professional, attentive, and on top of all details. There was a manager on staff that made sure that we (bride & groom) got to eat and were doing OK with drinks, etc. The food was delicious (ribs, pulled chicken, brisket, baked beans, mac and cheese, corn bread, grilled veggies, passed appetizers, etc.) and many of my guests pointed out how much they liked the food. I highly recommend Rocklands as your wedding caterer but also to cater any other event!

Sent on 01/31/2015
  • Z

Sheila · Married on 10/11/2014

We ordered food from Rocklands for our casual rehearsal dinner. The food was awesome, and the service really good. They were very accommodating and flexible with the changes, delivered on time and even followed up twice to make sure everything went well!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Alexandra · Married on 07/12/2014

Rocklands has been one of my favorite restaurants since I was a kid, and their food at my wedding did not disappoint! Everything was amazing and all our guests raved about the food!

Sent on 10/11/2014

We had Rocklands cater our rehearsal dinner and they did an outstanding job. Every detail was beautifully handled. The staff working the dinner were warm, gracious and incredibly attentive to all our guests. The food was outstanding and a week later I'm still getting notes about how terrific everything was. The Rocklands staff worked with us and were accommodating to all our requests. I would not hesitate to give a 100% recommendation. It could not have been lovelier.

Sent on 07/08/2014

Mary · Married on 06/21/2014

We would recommend Rockland's BBQ to cater your next function. The service, food, and quality exceeded our expectation.

Sent on 06/23/2014