Rock Island Lake Club Reviews

Rock Island Lake Club 7
  • Bianca

Bianca · Getting married on 03/26/2021

Simply Perfect

Rock Island is a gorgeous venue and the staff is beyond amazing. Even after having to postpone our wedding, Heather at Rock Island, made us feel so at ease during a time where we were panicking. Truly a welcoming and professional place to work with!!

Sent on 04/12/2019

Amy · Married on 07/27/2019

Fairytale wedding of my dreams

There aren't enough words to explain how amazing Rock Island Lake Club is. All the stellar reviews here are true!!

Yes, the venue is stunning! The staff is extremely professional and yet personable. Heather, the wedding planner, was always there to help answer any of my ridiculous questions and kept me sane throughout the process helping me find a solution even though everyone else told me it wasn't possible. They truly made me feel like a bride every step of the way.

For reference, I got engaged in February 2019 and got married in July 2019. Although everyone said it was too short to plan a wedding, I had the fairytale wedding of my dreams all thanks for RILC. It was everything I hoped for and more. Everyone still raves about the food/drinks. We're so happy we added the midnight munchies (a must have). They were an unexpected unique wedding favor that left my guests well fed and happy.

The day is still a whirlwind in my mind. It went so fast and I'm still getting little flashbacks of it that I couldn't remember but I just want to thank RICL for making our day so special. And special thanks to Mike and Jessica. You guys were my rock on the day of and kept me the most calm I've ben in my life. That's just how much I grew to trust everyone at RILC. They make you feel like family.

-Amy and Peter

Sent on 08/05/2019

Sarah Warnet · Married on 06/14/2019

Thank you Rock Island!

To start off, I'll give the disclaimer that RILC was the one and only wedding venue that my now husband and I looked at. We had a good feeling after hearing and reading great reviews, but when we went for our initial consultation, we were blown away, not only by the space and scenery, but by the plethora of options available to us as part of the basic wedding package and the abundance of upgrades. The kindness and patience of the staff to answer our questions was also evident in Jessica's warm smile and demeanor at our meeting! As we planned, Heather (the wedding coordinator on staff) was always available to guide us in decisions when we were stuck or to answer questions about everything from wine options to car services. I truly felt that she was always happy to hear from us and help us as best as she could. By the time we got to the final meeting the day before our wedding, we felt that everything was in fantastic hands, no matter how many times the seating chart shifted in the final week! Mike, the maître d', made us confident that the reception would be awesome and Jessica, our day of coordinator, made us confident that our ceremony would run like clockwork. Carly, my bridal attendant, was extremely helpful on the day of the wedding, always willing to hold my bouquet or fix my unruly veil. One thing that really blew me away on our wedding day (and that I told a few of them) was that the whole staff really seemed genuinely thrilled for us as if it was the first wedding they had ever worked on. I really think that their excitement and enthusiasm for us made the day even more perfect. I would wholeheartedly recommend RILC to anyone looking for a wedding venue!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Michele · Married on 06/08/2019

Best Wedding Ever

If you're reading this review, you're probably considering Rock Island. My advice - DO IT! Rock Island was the PERFECT choice for our wedding day. Heather, the wedding coordinator on site, is incredibly helpful and keeps you on track. She is always there for help and advice along the way. We called and emailed her many times and she was always incredibly friendly and helpful. Once you get to the final week, you meet with Mike and Jessica who are also beyond helpful. They take care of you the day of the event and make sure all of the details are ironed out before hand. Not only is the entire staff at Rock Island is great, but the food options CANNOT be beat. As a guest at weddings, two of the top things I care about (other than the couple, of course) are food and drinks. Rock Island has you covered. People still rave about our cocktail hour and guests literally had dreams about our desserts!! Also, who else gives you 5 options for dinner? It's unheard of. The premium open bar is a huge hit as well (for obvious reasons). Not all venues include this free of charge!! You may also be thinking, as the guests of honor, you won't get to enjoy any of the great food and drinks. But Rock Island does not let you miss out on this! We had our wedding at a church nearby and then came to Rock Island for pictures, before the cocktail hour. The bar was open and they had food waiting for us. Which was great because I was too nervous to eat before the ceremony and thought I would pass out if they didn't have food waiting for us!! We also stepped away for a few minutes during cocktail hour to freshen up and breathe and found trays of cocktail hour food along with our signature drinks waiting for us in the bridal suite. Our bridal attendant Amelia was awesome. She kept coming up to check on us to see if we wanted more to eat or drink. (She's also there for you throughout the night to make sure you're doing ok and to see if you need anything at all.) And the food didn't stop there. Every time I turned around, someone was asking if I needed anything. My drinks were never empty and if I left to dance, a new one was magically refilled by the time I got back. I tell everyone, I felt like royalty on my wedding day!! And the venue... just look at it. It is breathtaking. Months later, at other weddings, people talk to us about how wonderful it was to have the lake and our outdoor area to hang out at during cocktail hour. We also lucked out with a beautiful sunset on our wedding night, so the balcony was packed with people snapping pictures. We had so many guests tell us we did our wedding "the right way" and that it was the best wedding they had been to. People still are talking about it months later. I cannot thank the Rock Island family enough for making our day so special. I would not change a thing about our day.

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 04/26/2019

The Most Amazing Place to Begin Your Next Chapter

What can I say about Rock Island Lake Club? It is absolutely amazing, and you should definitely have your wedding here! Throughout the entire wedding process, Heather and the Rock Island family made us feel so welcome and organized. Heather, our wedding coordinator, would send us reminder emails about the entire process and was cheerful and our ray of sunshine each time we spoke. On our wedding day, the staff took amazing care of bridal party, my family members, and myself, as we got ready at the venue. We never had to ask for anything because our bridal attendant, Carly, was on top of getting us food and drinks in addition to steaming our dresses. Mike, our maître d’ for the evening, took amazing care of my husband and the groomsmen, even wrangling them up when needed. Despite the rainy weather, the staff was prepared and smoothly transitioned our reception to an indoor ceremony space. Jessica, our ceremony coordinator, did a fantastic job ensuring that the ceremony was smooth and looked as beautiful as we could have imagined. During the cocktail hour (and a half), our guests raved about the fantastic food selections and abundance of food throughout the evening. Even with little hiccups along the way, as a result of some of our guests, Mike and the staff at the Rock Island Lake Club handled everything flawlessly. Mike made sure that my husband and I always had something to drink or eat before we even realized that either was needed. The staff did a tremendous job of setting up the room after the indoor ceremony and was attentive to all of our guests. The photo booth was a huge hit with our guests in addition to the pizzas at the end of the night! Our guests have been talking about how our wedding was the best one that they have ever been to! We wish that we could go back and relive that day or, at the very least, attend many, many weddings there in the future. Thank you for everything, Rock Island family!

Sent on 04/30/2019

Tara · Married on 03/29/2019

Masterd the art of a perfect wedding

My husband and I went on the hunt for the perfect wedding venue- we were both trying to avoid the ballroom with the swirly rugs, I did most of my research online and I found Rock Island- From the second we walked in we were sold. Mike walked us around and he was honest and cool and made us feel so incredibly comfortable. There were certain aspects of a wedding that we wanted to avoid like the announcements and the cake cutting, and they were down for whatever we wanted (we actually went to a venue that told us we NEEDED to cut the cake- there was no away around it, clearly we didn't get married there)
    Long story short- if you are looking for a venue that is different, and want to wow the crowd- Rock Island is it- dont look any further! The food was INCREDIBLE, the staff felt like our family, the view is on the lake and there are so many photo opportunities inside and out. One big thing that stuck out to me during one of our tours, Heather told me to treat Rock Island like your home- put up pictures and signs and candles, anything to make it feel like home- and it really truly did. and another HUGE perk- you are the only wedding of the day, you have the entire place to yourself, every room and every level, it was fantastic! I already have friends on Facebook messaging me for more information, and guest telling their family and friends about it. They have mastered the art of a perfect wedding

Sent on 04/05/2019

Rock Island Lake Club's reply:

Tara and Zak, you guys are seriously the best. We could not be any happier to have you both as part of the Rock Island family. From your visit up through your big day we all had such a blast working with you both and helping you celebrate the amazing love you share for each other. We can't wait to see all of your pictures come in!!!

Lauren · Married on 10/21/2018

The BEST wedding venue!

My husband and I found Rock Island through online searches when looking for a wedding venue. After our initial visit we were IN LOVE with the venue, the location, and the staff. We continued to keep an open mind as we were nervous about spending so much money on one day however that was time wasted. Rock Island is THE PLACE to have your wedding. We visited Rock Island three times before committing to 10/21/18 and we could not be happier with our decision. Rock Island Lake Club takes care of almost everything, Heather our wedding coordinator was extremely responsive to our e-mails and super helpful with planning the wedding and sorting out little details in the weeks and days leading up to it. People say planning a wedding is difficult, Heather and the staff at Rock Island made it seamless. Mike, our maître’d for the day was like having a super fun and chill friend hang out with us with his top priority being if we were fed, happy, and having a good time. It was a brisk fall day and Mike even gave me his jacket while we were outside for pictures so I wouldn’t freeze before the ceremony, he had drinks ready for us after the ceremony, and a plate of food from cocktail hour waiting for us. My girls and I got ready at Rock Island and the groom and his friends had the lounge package, we were all fed and taken care of all day. My bridal suite attendant was a dream, she steamed dresses and the guy’s shirts, took care of me all day, carried my change of shoes, bustled my dress, slipped my veil in and out; there were times when I didn’t notice she was even there, but sure enough she was, seeing if I needed anything. The food for cocktail hour and the reception was amazing, people were talking about how much of it and how good the food was the night of and well after. The package Rock Island offers to couples is unbeatable and the attention they give each wedding makes it feel like you truly are the only people in the world who are getting married and you’re all that matter. If anything went wrong the day of the wedding I have no idea; from the ceremony coordinator to the waiter who took care of us at the sweetheart table everyone knew how to pull off a dream wedding. We have had multiple people tell us it was the best wedding they have ever been to and I truly hope that I one day get to be a guest at a Rock Island Wedding.

Sent on 11/15/2018

Rock Island Lake Club's reply:

Lauren and Ian, this is so awesome, you guys are seriously the best. Thank you for entrusting in all of us and seeing the value. We had so much for celebrating with you all throughout the whole process and day of! We're happy to have you as part of the Rock Island Family!

Jordan Abramson · Married on 10/07/2018

An absolute dream wedding venue!

From the moment we took our first tour with Perry at Rock Island, my husband and I felt a sense of comfort. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, we truly felt the passion and love everyone on staff feels for their job. They know your wedding details inside and out, make your day feel completely special and unique and go above and beyond on the day of to make sure everything is seamless and perfect.

The venue itself is gorgeous. It has an understated elegance with a rustic, but not barn, feel. We loved the Tuscan farm tables and wood floor ballroom. It doesn't look like your typical wedding venue.

Heather, our wedding coordinator, is so sweet and easy to talk to, on top of being incredibly organized and communicative. Any couple would be lucky to work with her.

Mike, our maitre d', was an invaluable right-hand man the day of our wedding. I needed a safety pin and mentioned it in passing and not even a minute later he had one. He checked up on us to make sure we ate, had time to ourselves and were able to absorb everything around us. I can't imagine the day without him.

And don't even get me started on the food! It is DELICIOUS, and the cocktail hour is massive and gives you so many selections to really shape the wedding how YOU envision it.

Between the gorgeous venue, impeccable staff and delicious food, we couldn't have asked for a more perfect place to get married. We would recommend this place a thousand times over.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Rock Island Lake Club's reply:

Thank you so much Jordan and Dan!!! Planning with you both was a breeze, you always made it so much fun and we're all so happy to have you as part of our Rock Island Family. Hope to see you both here again as guests!

Stefanie Munsky · Married on 09/22/2018

Best day ever

It is now almost four months since my husband and I got married at Rock Island. It was the greatest day and that is all due to the wonderful employees at Rock Island. We are forever grateful.

Rock Island was the first venue that we visited in person after doing a ton of Internet research. Not only was Rock Island accommodating in that they squeezed us in for a visit the next Saturday morning, whereas many other places would only allow us to visit during the week, but Jessica made us feel welcome, despite the fact that they were preparing for a wedding later that day. I fell in love with the setting, while my husband fell in love with what was included in the standard bar and food package!

Working with Heather during the planning process was great. She was incredibly organized and responsive to any questions that we had about vendors, the menu, decor, etc., including alleviating my concern that the dance floor would be too small with a band. Let me assure you that we had plenty of room on the dance floor with an 8-piece band and 160 guests!

As for the day of, everything was perfect and stress-free. Jessica, Mike, Mike and the rest of the Rock Island team have this down to a science. Everything was set up by the time we got there. They made sure that everything we asked for on the day of was provided. They made sure that my 95-year old grandmother was able to get around the property without missing anything. They made sure that we ate before the cocktail hour and before the party (very important!) and even brought my husband a plate of the lamb chops that he was most excited about at the cocktail hour. The food was delicious, plentiful and I was told, regularly refilled at the cocktail hour. Rock Island and its team really just went above and beyond to make us have such a special day from our first visit to the day after our wedding when they had all of our decor organized in boxes ready to be taken home.

We cannot recommend Rock Island enough if you are looking to have a stress-free wedding in a gorgeous location with great food and drinks. We would not change a thing about our wedding and that is the highest complement that we can give!

For those looking to book Rock Island, we had fantastic vendors as well: Hank Lane - Clara Jordan Band (band), A Touch of Elegance (flowers), Anthony Ziccardi Studios (photography and videography), My Limo (guest transportation) and Hilton Garden Inn - Rockaway (hotel).

Sent on 01/15/2019

Rock Island Lake Club's reply:

Thank you for sharing this review, Stefanie! We appreciate all of the wonderful feedback, and hope to see you at our future events! Hope all is well!

Steph · Married on 09/08/2018

Rock Island is a FANTASTIC wedding venue!! First off, the staff is fabulous. They are organized, helpful, responsive, and so attentive on the wedding day. I was never without a drink in my hand, and they set up a private tasting room for us, so we could try everything and have a moment together before going to cocktail hour! They are also so fun and make the whole experience more enjoyable!

Second, the food is phenomenal!! My now husband is Greek, so he was looking for some Greek food, and they created an entire station for us with all of his family’s favorite food! And it was so fantastic!! In addition to that, everything that we chose from the menu was delicious and had our guests raving. Just a few highlights: guacamole bar with margarita shots, Mac and cheese bar, duck carving station, and so much more!

Lastly, the venue is beautiful. It’s big enough to feel spacious, but small enough to feel intimate. The floors are hardwood and everything is updated. The outside is beautiful for pictures on the lake or in the woods. This place is PHENOMENAL, and I’d highly recommend for any future brides and grooms!! We are so happy we chose Rock Island for our big day!!

Sent on 09/22/2018

Rock Island Lake Club's reply:

Hi Steph and Chris! We're so glad you enjoyed the Greek station, we loved it so much we're adding it our 2019 Menu, definitely a fantastic idea and beyond delicious!!!
    W're so happy to have you as part of our ever growing Rock Island Family and hope to have you back again as guests for a wedding one day!!

Kristt · Married on 07/14/2018

When my husband and I toured Rock Island we knew there was something special about it, and we were right. Our wedding was PERFECT! Once we arrived at the venue both my husband and I were relaxed and excited to take in every moment of the day. The incredible team (Mike, Jessica, Narissa, Carly, etc.) made us and our guests feel so special and welcome. Their attention to detail and professionalism was evident throughout the day. From booking the venue to the week of our wedding Heather was beyond helpful answering any question we had and providing us with her tips and expertise in the industry. Planning our wedding was easy and enjoyable with the incredible team at Rock Island. At first it may seem a little pricey, but we can assure you it is worth every penny! We love Rock Island!!!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Rock Island Lake Club's reply:

Thank you sooo much Kristy and Louis, you guys are so incredibly sweet! Thank you guy both for letting us celebrate with you, we're so glad to have you in our Rock Island family!

Talysa · Married on 06/30/2018

The Best of the Best

When reflecting back on 2018, our wedding at Rock Island Lake Club in July, is a memory that will forever fill our hearts with joy and love. From start to finish, the entire staff at Rock Island made our happiness a priority and did everything in their power to ensure our vision came to life. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, we truly felt the passion and energy the entire staff exuded. They payed meticulous attention to every detail along the way and executed the day seamlessly.

Heather was an absolute pleasure to plan with for the 18 months leading up to our wedding. She was always just a phone call or email away to answer any questions or concerns we had throughout the process. She also provided great suggestions and advice when needed. She truly has a knack for organization and was able to alleviate some of the burden of planning and the fine tuning of details. Her and Mike, our maitre d', worked as the perfect pair to orchestrate the most special day!

Mike was there for anything and EVERYTHING we needed the day of our wedding. He coordinated our vendors, wedding party and guests to ensure everything went as smoothly as possible. He provided us with our own escort service via golf cart and an endless supply of ice cold water to help us manage the 100+ degree temperatures. Most importantly his confidence and cool demeanor left us with not a care in the world the day of our wedding, knowing we were in good hands!

The venue itself looked incredible! Our vision and decor were executed perfectly by the entire staff. Our guests still can’t stop raving about the food and top rate service. The experience we had working with Rock Island was unbeatable and the best decision we made! We can only hope that we will be able to attend more weddings in the future as guests :)
    With grateful hearts,
    Shawn and Talysa Cole

Sent on 01/01/2019
    Rock Island Lake Club 8

Talysa and Shawn!
    This review is everything!!! Thank you so incredibly much for taking so much time to write us this AMAZING review. We all had so much fun planning and celebrating with you both. So happy the day turned out nice beautifully, even though it was a bit hot lol. We hope to see you both here as guests too, maybe you can make it back for our Deja Vu event in May!!!

Dayna · Married on 06/22/2018

If you want to have the most memorable wedding, you should have it at Rock Island Lake Club! My husband and I keep saying, we want to do it every weekend. From the services with the team is absolutely amazing. Setting everything up with Heather, email after email. She is so easy to work with. She was very informative on things we had questions about. My maître d’ Mike was absolutely amazing. My new best friend. He was there in a blink of an eye. Anytime I needed something he magically appeared. Also all I had to do was meow to get a drink! Mike you are the best!! Laura thank you so much for making an awesome drink sign for me and having everything go smoothly. Rock Island is the place to celebrate your special day!

Sent on 07/04/2018

Rock Island Lake Club's reply:

We are so happy you and Andrew chose to celebrate you big day with us and happy we could be there for you every step of the way! Hope to see you guys again soon!!!!

Haleigh · Married on 06/16/2018

Getting married at Rock Island Lake Club was the best decision of our lives!! We worked with Heather leading up to the big day and communication was always seamless. I was even questioning my seating chart and timeline the week prior to the wedding and Heather answered my call with a lot of helpful answers. On the wedding day, we worked with Laura and Narissa, the ceremony coordinators, Carly, the bridal suite attendant, and of course, Mike, the world's best maitre'd. The team could not be more fantastic!! They were constantly checking in on us throughout the day as we got ready in the bridal suite, they made us feel right at home and so at ease. Right after our ceremony, Carly brought us a plate full of our cocktail hour food and our specialty cocktails to ensure we got to try everything we picked. Mike was truly by our side for anything we needed from staging us for the best first look photo ops to serving us and our guests shots so the bar wouldn't slow down to fixing the bustle of my dress. Plus, it wasn't just us who thought Mike was the best--we even had guests commenting how great their interactions with him had been! Another huge highlight is the amazing food!! We had a guest text us this week (after our wedding was two months ago) to comment that the salmon was the best meal he'd ever had at a wedding. Every guest we interacted with at the cocktail hour had so many great things to say regarding the food and service--they kept telling us something new we should try! Although we couldn't try it all, we did LOVE every bite and sip we had throughout the whole night. The day and night could not have run any more smoothly or been any more beautiful and special and we have Rock Island to thank for so much of that.

Sent on 08/18/2018

Rock Island Lake Club's reply:

Haleigh and James, thank you both so incredibly much for writing us such an amazing and thoughtful review! We all had so much planning and celebrating with you, and not to mention how awesome all of your guests were too : ) Can't wait to see you both again one day!

Deanna · Married on 04/27/2018

There are no words that can ever do Rock Island Lake Club justice. First, it is absolutely gorgeous. The location feels so remote and the views are amazing. They are constantly updating and renovating in order to keep current and new, but you don’t need me to tell you that. There are tons of pictures online that can show you better than I can ever verbalize. What puts RILC in a completely different universe when it comes to your wedding is their service. From the day I stepped inside for a tour to the day after our wedding when I packed our trunk up with leftover flip-flops, I have felt like part of a family with endless support. Heather is the best thing to ever happen to wedding planning. She is a coordinating extraordinaire. We would not have been able to do anything without her. She understood us as a couple and helped us pick out basically every vendor and even my dress. I would send her countless emails with dozens of questions and she always came back with a cohesive and ridiculously helpful response. My day of coordinator was amazing and super helpful. Mike, the maitre d', is absolutely phenomenal. There is literally nothing he won’t do to make sure you are happy and your day goes as smooth as possible. He was always right there when we needed him and when I recapped the night with my bridal party, they all said the same. I honestly don’t know how the man is in so many places at once. The food was amazing. People are still raving about our cocktail hour and signature drinks. Absolutely no one can compare to the packages they offer. You will not find another venue with this attention to detail and, most importantly, staff. As we were planning our wedding I realized most of the stress comes from not knowing (and over-Pinterest-ing). With the knowledgeable team at RILC you will be in the best hands the industry has to offer and they will help make your entire experience the best ever.

Sent on 05/31/2018

Rock Island Lake Club's reply:

Deanna, you and Nick are awesome!!! We still can't believe your wedding is already over but are so happy we could be a part of it all! Thank you sooo much for the amazing review, that was seriously so thoughtful. Hope you're both doing well!

Alicia · Married on 04/20/2018

I can't say enough great things about the team at Rock Island Club, they are absolutely amazing! The moment that we stepped foot to visit the venue we knew that would be the place we would get married and have our reception. Throughout the planning process Heather (our wedding coordinator) was so incredibly helpful and informative. Anytime I would send her an email she would get right back to me. The tasting experience was great, we were able to bring our family with us to try the food, which helped us make some decisions. The food is OUTSTANDING! The cocktail hour (and a half) is more than enough food - everyone loved the bacon station! Dinner and dessert were great too. We spent the whole day at RILC getting ready in the bridal suite, they had mimosas, tea and coffee, breakfast and lunch for us. The bridal attendant Rachel was perfect! She made the whole day so comfortable. Anytime I turned around Rachel was there with whatever I needed and I didn't even have to tell her, it's like she read my mind. Our Maître D - Michael was spectacular! He made sure the whole day was exactly what we wanted. No matter what we needed or wanted Michael made sure it happened. And again it's like he knew what we were thinking and we didn't even have to ask. The ceremony was beautiful, right next to lake and the rest of the night was magical. I wish I could move in and never have to leave - that is how beautiful this venue is. Plus the whole team makes you feel like you're at home! - Alicia & Mike

Sent on 05/26/2018
    Rock Island Lake Club 9
    Rock Island Lake Club 10
    Rock Island Lake Club 11
    Rock Island Lake Club 12
    Rock Island Lake Club 13
    Rock Island Lake Club 14

Rock Island Lake Club's reply:

Thank you so much for everything Alicia and Mike! We can't say thank you enough for the awesome and sweet review but it was especially cool to see some pictures too! We hope you're doing well, and if you're ever in the area you know you can always stop in anytime : )

Liz · Married on 03/31/2018

I cannot say enough amazing things about Rock Island ... the service was amazing..from Heather (wedding coordinator) who was so helpful and prompt to my many many inquiries to the overall staff and Mike our Matr’d. Who btw my husband wants to hang with bc we had such a great time you ! Literally the night of and the next morning and still 2 weeks later, all of our guests are raving about the food and booze and atmosphere !! My husband and i are hoping one of our friends gets married here so we can enjoy as a guest. Seriously tho, i am so impressed with the level of service. I was a bit stressed as I’m sure most brides to be are during wedding planning but everytime we came to Rock Island for an appointment or tasting i felt so at ease because they really take care of everything !! I’m so happy we got married here and hope to be back soon. Thanks again for literally the best night of our life!

Sent on 04/16/2018
    Rock Island Lake Club 15

Rock Island Lake Club's reply:

Thank you so much Liz and Steve!!! We all had so much celebrating your big day with you and all of your friends and family (even happier we could do ceremony outside). We hope to see you back for another wedding one day too but for now we can't wait to celebrate with you again at Déjà vu 2019 :)

Christine · Married on 03/16/2018

Simply put, deciding to have our wedding here was the BEST DECISION we made in our entire planning process (and there are a lot of decisions!!!) Rock Island Lake Club was the first venue we saw and we fell in love. For good measure, we looked at about a dozen other venues to make sure we “got it right”, and nothing compared to the vibe of this venue. It is rustic yet elegant, providing for an upscale feel without being pretentious. The venue itself has so much character and beauty, but we had no idea how great our decision was until the wedding day actually came. THE TEAM AT ROCK ISLAND IS INCREDIBLE. Heather, the wedding coordinator, thinks of every detail and is in constant communication at all times. On the day of, my wife and I did not have to lift a finger or make one decision. They thought of and took care of EVERYTHING. Michael, our Maitre’ D, is a gem. He was super fun, made us feel comfortable and incredibly special, would magically appear whenever we needed something during the party as if he were psychic, and made the entire evening flawless. I can’t imagine having had our wedding anywhere else. I can’t say enough amazing things about the venue and its staff. If you are looking for a team and a venue that is detail-oriented, will do whatever it takes to make you happy on the day of your wedding, feels like family yet makes you feel like royalty, provides DELICIOUS and creative food and drink options, makes for gorgeous photos, and will absolutely stun your guests, LOOK NO FURTHER and book this place NOW. You won’t regret it for a second.

Sent on 03/19/2018
    Rock Island Lake Club 23
    Rock Island Lake Club 24
    Rock Island Lake Club 25

Dear Christine,
    Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review! We are so happy to hear you and Tara enjoyed everything. You guys were so awesome to work with from start to finish. We hope to see you two come back as wedding guests in the future :) Wishing you both a lifetime of love and happiness.
    Warmest,
    Rock Island Lake Club

Jacqueline · Married on 03/10/2018

WOW. Just wow is all we have to say. Our wedding was about a month ago now and we are still in awe of how absolutely flawless our special day went! From the moment that we walked into Rock Island at our initial appointment to view the venue we knew it was the one for us. We put a deposit down on a date that day! Our families thought we were crazy, but from meeting different staff members, to hearing about their packages and how our day would go, not to mention how gorgeous the venue itself was, we knew it was the one. We viewed other venues after that and nothing else compared. Heather, our wedding coordinator, made the entire process leading up to our wedding day stress free, comfortable, and fun! All of the details became exciting and we could not wait to experience it all! Our wedding day was more than we could have ever dreamed it would be. The staff and team at Rock Island made sure that not only we were happy, but that our bridal party, and all of our guests were happy too. We wish we could relive our wedding day all over again every weekend!!!! Rock Island Lake Club is a one of a kind wedding venue and we highly recommend checking them out! You will NOT be disappointed!! -The Revoirs

Sent on 04/04/2018

Rock Island Lake Club's reply:

Jackie and Kevin, thank you again for taking the time to write us this awesome review!!! We all had a blast helping you celebrate your big day. We suggest your Bouquet & Garter Toss gift idea all the time, it's pretty awesome!!!
    Always, Your Rock Island Family

Alexandra · Married on 12/31/2017

I'm fairly certain I do not have enough time or space on this page to explain how incredible Rock Island Lake Club was on our wedding day. Scratch that...even before our wedding day! I do not know what I would have done without the team at Rock Island and everything they brought day of! Talk about an A++++ venue/staff, this group does NOT mess around when it comes to being on top of their wedding game. I still have guests telling me how amazing their evening was, from the food (which is seriously out of this world), to the ambiance, to the top notch staff and beyond. For me there are three honorable mentions, Michael the maitre de, who went above and beyond to take care of us, Heather who helped us get everything ready leading up to the big day and was ALWAYS reachable when any questions came up and Martina (Tina) who was our day of gladiator! I had a major dress situation and Tina immediately sprung into action, I'm fairly certain I would not have made it down the aisle in my dress if it weren't for her. This venue will forever hold a very special place in my heart and you are crazy to not get married here!! THANK YOU SO MUCH Rock Island for making our wedding day everything and SO MUCH more!!

Sent on 01/17/2018

Rock Island Lake Club's reply:

Ali and Sean, thank you so so much for writing us this awesome review! We are beyond thrilled that we could be a part of your big day! If there is ever anything else we can help you with please let us know : ) Hope to see you again one day!

Molly · Married on 12/16/2017

We knew when we booked with Rock Island Lake Club that we would have a great wedding because of their reputation, however, they exceeded our expectations in every way! Rock Island Lake Club takes care of you the moment you step in for a tour. They keep you on track during the entire planning process and help make it as stress free as possible! They literally could read our minds, especially the night of our wedding. They are always one step ahead of you and really make your wedding a dream come true. Every single employee is super helpful and there to make your experience fantastic! Many of our guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been too! Highly recommend them!!!!

Sent on 01/12/2018

Rock Island Lake Club's reply:

Thank you both again for writing us such a sweet review! We're so happy you enjoyed every second of your big day and happy we could be a part of it. Can't believe you're coming up on 1 year in just a few short months. Hope to see you both again one day!
  • Edlin

Edlin · Married on 12/10/2017

What can be said about Rock Island that hasn’t already been said? Amazing food, service and making us feel right at home. From the beginning consultations with Heather and Perry, we felt that we didn’t need to look anywhere else.

They only perform one wedding a day so the attention is all about you. They will customize just about any detail you ask to make everything just right. Anything from a fireplace with s’mores, the place settings, signature drinks, food options to anything to making sure that the big day was our biggest day ever.

They pay attention to some details that a lot of places don’t consider. One example is their speakers within vaulted ceilings. This helped keep the music in the one area it always needs to stay, the dance floor. You may hear the music from your table but you can have a conversation at a normal volume and still hear one another when the music is cranked up. That alone showed us a huge difference from weddings with speakers blasting in your face all night long.

We had a picture perfect outdoor winter wedding here. Picture 5 inches of snow the night before and flurries walking down the aisle and for the receiving line with the backdrop of a frozen lake. Rock Island asked if we wished to move forward with the ceremony outside or inside and they made the outdoor option possible without hesitation. With our maitre d, Michael, he kept a tight ship for our wedding details being right while also providing a comfortable atmosphere for all of our guests.

At the end of the night, a guest complimented our night claiming it as “The Gold Standard of Weddings”. The only complaint I have is that the night couldn’t last forever.

Sent on 01/08/2018
    Rock Island Lake Club 26

Rock Island Lake Club's reply:

Edlin and Thomas, thank you both so so much for taking the time to write us this review. You two are just amazing, we're so happy we were able to celebrate with you ... and even happier we could bring your vision to life with an outside ceremony : ) We hope you can come back one day to celebrate with us again!

Danielle · Married on 12/02/2017

Quit reading reviews and get yourself to Rock Island Lake Club for an appointment, stat. You'll fall in love, just like we did the very first time we saw the venue. After our tour and lovely conversation with Ajay and Mike, we left to go home and discuss, information in hand. Not 15 minutes into the drive we called the venue and reserved our date. The vibe is just... special. Yes, it's classy. Yes, it's absolutely beautiful. But what we really noticed and appreciated immediately was the level of comfort, the feel of 'home', the spirit of the staff who we now feel are lifelong friends. From day 1, we experienced the passion of people who truly love what they are doing. It's very rare nowadays to see that shine through so clearly. Weddings can be very stressful: it's the most momentous day of your life and you want it to be 100% perfect. So, the people you surround yourself on that day are vital, and we couldn't be happier with the level of customer service we received throughout the whole process. Heather, our coordinator, is not only the sweetest woman I've ever met, but was also extremely organized, kept us on track, and answered our many, many questions throughout planning. She was even willing to meet me after work near my office to go over our wedding details and additionally made special arrangements to design a custom floor plan for a very large guest count, DJ AND Band. Whew! Mike, our maitre'd, was an absolute godsend and the night ran seamlessly under his supervision. The morning of the wedding, my USB drive holding hundreds of photos to display on the screens corrupted. You can imagine my stress. :) Mike came up to the bridal suite and assured me that all would work out, truly calming any nerves I had. He worked with our DJ and saved the day mere hours before the ceremony, recovering the photos and creating a custom slideshow that looked awesome. This is just one example of the crew going "above and beyond". Thank you, RILC, for the best day of our lives.

Sent on 02/19/2018
    Rock Island Lake Club 27
    Rock Island Lake Club 28
    Rock Island Lake Club 29

Rock Island Lake Club's reply:

Danielle and Chris, there are no words to say how thankful we are for you're amazing, thoughtful and kind words. We all had such a blast planning and celebrating with you both and are glad you enjoyed it all just as much as we did : ) Hope to see you back here for a wedding one day!

Danielle · Married on 11/17/2017

Rock Island Lake Club is the venue that you want to book for your wedding! Every single staff member is not only professional, accommodating, and flexible, but they truly care about making your day unbelievable! We primarily worked with Heather as our wedding coordinator and we have nothing but amazing things to say about her! Heather always answered my emails in a timely manner and fully answered every question we had. She broke everything down piece by piece over the course of the year so we never felt overwhelmed going through the entire wedding process. She was always helpful and gave her honest opinion when I would ask a question. She truly made this entire wedding process a lot simpler and less overwhelming! The day of our wedding was absolutely amazing! My husband and I were dead set on having our ceremony outside (even though it was a bit chilly) and Rock Island monitored the weather. The staff gave us hourly breakdowns of the temperature and wind speed every few hours! When it came time to decide where the ceremony would be held, they were supportive of our decision to have it outside and made sure it happened! Two things that really stuck out to me the night of our wedding was how beautiful the reception area looked, which I never imagined. The staff moved our decor from the ceremony and cocktail hour upstairs and made the most beautiful display that I could have never imagined in my wildest dreams. They did this without us even asking them to and it was truly amazing, breathtaking, and thoughtful! Mike was our Maitre’D and boy was he incredible! Our wedding was 2 weeks ago and our family and friends are still raving about him and how awesome he was! My drink of choice for the night was a cucumber martini. When I asked Mike for one, he had a cucumber on him to get me a drink! What service! I hope to attend a wedding here one day to experience what our guests did!!!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Rock Island Lake Club's reply:

THANK YOU!!! Danielle, you and James are incredible!! thank you both so so much for taking the time to write us such an amazing review, we really appreciate it!