Riviera Waterfront Caterer Reviews

Riviera Waterfront Caterer 7
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Marco · Getting married on 04/24/2021

Absolutely loved!!!!

This venue was perfect, it has all the things on my checklist and I cannot wait for my wedding here

Sent on 02/12/2019
    Riviera Waterfront Caterer 8

Silvia · Married on 07/19/2019

Beautiful, updated/renovated venue

I’d like to begin by stating the overall experience at The Riviera Waterfront Caterers (now known as “The Riviera Mansion”) was top notch.
    My daughter and son-in-law’s wedding reception was held on Friday, July 19, 2019 beginning at 7 p.m. Both of them knew they wanted this venue within the first few minutes of their first tour of the reception hall and grounds. The Riviera hosts only one event at one time and this was important to them. The venue is located on the Great South Bay but is sheltered from wind and/or crashing waves because it’s situated in an inlet, and is also nestled in a residential area rather than on a commercial thoroughfare. It’s one of the few if not the only venue on Long Island outfitted with a (tremendous) generator should an unfortunate storm occur with an accompanying loss of power! Your event WILL go on as planned. Parking is ample; there are lots on either side of the building.
    The grounds are well maintained and depending on the time of year, many flowers are in bloom. The gazebo and wedding ceremony area is lovely (although my daughter had her ceremony in church) and makes for a scenic backdrop for guests and for photographs.
    The outdoor cocktail hour seating is right out over the water with many umbrellas. The tables are large enough to comfortably fit eight people. This area is also roomy enough to have a single musician, or small group of musicians entertain guests, and even large enough to fit the add-ons such as the sushi bar and the raw clam/oyster bar, as well as a lemonade stand! On the day of the wedding the weather was warm and humid but we had no rain and the cocktail hour food was set up all along the patio. Many guests commented on how pleasant it was to NOT have to wait on any line in order to be served any of the myriad selection of foods.
    The venue has recently undergone some well thought out renovations. Outdoor lighting has been added under and along the many feet of bulkhead. The indoor cocktail room is bright and expansive and the ceilings have been remodeled in order for much more light to enter the room via the very large window overlooking the patio. This is the room in which the “Touch of Viennese” is offered toward the end of the evening. The reception room is rustic, with exposed beams and 2 fireplaces. Walls on either side of the room have been pushed back in order that no matter where guests are seated, there are no obstructed views of the dance floor and the doors leading to the kitchen and restrooms are tucked away from the guest tables. A new cathedral ceiling has been added over the tables in the center of the room which is a stunning addition.
    Regarding the Riviera staff; we dealt almost exclusively with Elena who was a delight. Elena is professional, personable, attentive, thorough, understanding, and accommodating. She is an asset to this organization. We were in extremely competent hands from our first meeting until the day of the wedding. Elena knew exactly how to calm my mother-of-the-bride anxiety and she had a wonderful rapport with my daughter and son-in-law.
    On the day of the wedding my daughter’s bridal attendant was Danielle. Danielle is conscientious, focused, and kind. She bustled my daughter’s dress like a pro. She made sure to check with my husband and me throughout the evening to see whether we needed anything. She helped the newlyweds and their bridal party throughout the photo taking with drinks and food, etc. My daughter had nothing but compliments about Danielle.
    Our sole complaint regarding the service is the fact the maitre d’ never introduced himself to me, or to my husband, nor to the newlyweds. I think our maitre d’ was the man who lined up the wedding party prior to the introductions at the start of the dinner. Other than that point in time, I’m not sure any of us saw him during the evening and I’m sure he never stopped at our table to see whether everything was to our satisfaction. That was a major gaffe. In addition, the coffee and tea were slow in being served and at least the table next to ours was never served coffee and wedding cake at all. I’m unsure if this was true for other tables. Ensuring table service is prompt and efficient is one of the primary duties of the maitre d’ and this again fell short since he was missing in action.
    Kudos to the staff for setting up the tables and the entire venue in the way my daughter had indicated on the diagram they provided. From the balcony of the bridal suite the entire room looked as if it were glimmering under the specialty lights provided by Tim’s Florist (a preferred vendor).
    Regarding the food: In a word, ‘Excellent’. We received nothing but COMPLIMENTS about the food. The cocktail hour was delicious and abundant from start to finish. The dinner selections were great and our guests couldn’t believe the variety of desserts available during the Viennese hour. The wedding cake from Campbell’s (a preferred vendor) was very reasonable and delicious, especially the raspberry mousse filling. We had two exit stations (All-American Burgers and Gator Ade with chips) which must have been enjoyed because by the time I had the opportunity to wander into the main foyer most everything was gone! In addition, I’d like to recommend Tim’s Florist. The bridal and bridesmaids bouquets as well as the table centerpieces were exquisite and Tim’s decorated the wedding cake with fresh flowers exactly as my daughter specified.
    All in all, people have told us this wedding set a high bar and will be “the wedding to beat” going forward; many thanks to The Riviera Waterfront Caterers!

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren O'Neil · Married on 05/26/2019

Best day ever

I instantly loved the whole vibe at the riviera gorgeous grounds, vaulted ceilings, dark wood, spacious bridal suite with deck outside and the indoor balcony overlooking everything! I let my husband decide where we were getting married and he chose this place out of the 3 we narrowed down. we had the best day all around..... the weather was amazing for the beautiful outdoor setting and the staff was above and beyond accommodating.... Irene and Elena always responded to me quickly and answered any questions I had.... all the staff day of were so freaking nice Megan and Danielle were the bomb! I’m beyond grateful and happy to have had such an amazing experience on the best day of my life!

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/24/2019

Above and beyond wonderful!

Absolutely terrific in every way! Truly went above and beyond. I cannot rave enough and I HIGHLY recommend for everyone!

Sent on 05/27/2019
    Riviera Waterfront Caterer 9
  • Susan

Susan Signet · Married on 05/19/2019

Perfect location...A "destination" wedding in Massapequa!

I had my daughter's wedding at the Riviera on May 19, 2019. From the moment we got out of the limo and stepped onto the grounds, it was an amazing experience. The venue and view are amazing as well as the food. The service was outstanding..they were attentive and responsive to us the entire day. I can't say enough about this place...it was truly a magical day!!

Sent on 06/03/2019
    Riviera Waterfront Caterer 10
    Riviera Waterfront Caterer 11
    Riviera Waterfront Caterer 12

Sam Tasos · Married on 04/07/2019

Best Place !!!

Best Day Of Our Lives! Everything was as we wished for! We had such a great experience with the Riviera Staff all around from the day we booked with Irene all thru our planning dealing with Irene and Elena and of course the Day of all the staff was so helpful and very attending . Our guests still keep raving about their experience at the Riviera from the food , the bar, service, how beautiful the place it self is . We were not going to have ceremony on the grounds and then later on we decided differently an it was not an issue . We are So Happy !!!

Sent on 04/28/2019

Trisha · Married on 03/30/2019

Riviera Wedding

My husband and I got married last weekend at The Riviera at Massapequa and couldn't be happier. Irene and her staff were amazing to work with and made the wedding planning so easy. The staff at our wedding were awesome and made sure everything was perfect. Guests are raving about the food. Everything from the Swedish meatballs and suckling pig during the cocktail hour to the stuffed flounder at dinner to the assortment of desserts at the Viennese hour were amazing. If you're looking for a venue for your wedding look no further than The Riviera

Sent on 04/01/2019

Stephanie · Married on 09/22/2018

I had my wedding at the Riviera in September and could not have been happier. From the day we went for a tour with Irene, we knew it was exactly what we were looking for! My guests are still talking about how beautiful the place is and how delicious the food was. Throughout the planning process, Irene and Elena were so helpful and always got back to me quickly and had great suggestions. On the wedding day, our bridal attendant and Maitre D were unbelievable and made sure we had everything we needed. I couldn’t have been happier with the way everything turned out at the Riviera!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Kelly · Married on 09/16/2018

Couldn’t have asked for the day to go better! From start to finish, the Riviera was amazing!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Deanna · Married on 09/08/2018

I first wanted a rustic east-end wedding. Due to 200 people, I knew that wasn’t going to be possible after calling around and the prices per plate.
    After finding the riviera on here, I decided to call them. I went to see the venue with my now husband and it was everything we wanted. The place is beautiful from top to bottom. The outdoor area on the water is absolutely gorgeous.
    Working with Elena and Irene was easy as could be. They constantly assured me everything was going to go smooth and not to worry. I worried, but they were 100% right.
    The landscaping is beautiful and the food was great.
    I am so thankful we decided to get married here. The day was exactly what we both wanted and everyone is constantly reminding us how beautiful and nice our wedding was. My heart is so full and I wouldn’t want it any other way.
    Now for my one complaint, but it doesn’t take away 5 stars...the seating. I guess because we ended up having 196 people, the seating in the back right side is a little “out of the way”. I didn’t like that. We had a photo booth in the back to keep people occupied back there and it kept it busy but without a photo booth, I don’t think people would enjoy sitting back there.
    Other than the one flaw in seating, it was the most perfect day ever and I’m so glad we chose the riviera.

Sent on 10/03/2018
    Riviera Waterfront Caterer 13
    Riviera Waterfront Caterer 14

Jillian · Married on 08/30/2018

I absolutely love the Riviera it’s such a hidden gem! The staff the day of my wedding were very attentive polite & caring! The food was so delish our guests are still telling us how good it was!
    I love how the Riviera holds 1 wedding at a time so all the attention is on you for your wedding!
    This venue is just BEAUTIFUL

Sent on 09/13/2018
    Riviera Waterfront Caterer 15
    Riviera Waterfront Caterer 16
    Riviera Waterfront Caterer 17

John · Married on 06/02/2018

My daughter's wedding was excellent! The food, service, and attention to detail were amazing! The manager Irene was nothing less than perfect! She was accommodating, professional and clearly explained all services to my family, including extras. Before the party, she explained the setup times and, since we were the final party of the evening, the EXTRA cost if the party ran late or we wanted more time, due to paying her help overtime. I clearly understood these instructions and happily paid the extra money for going one hour over,since we were having such a great time! I can't imagine anyone not understanding these costs and thinking they can "get away with it" , by staying later without paying( very low class and rude) ,but these people have a business to run! Anyway, I am very satisfied and heartily recommend the Riviera to anyone who wants great service, a great view of the Great South Bay, and wonderful food and drinks.

Sent on 07/29/2018

Allison · Married on 03/24/2018

I had the most amazing experience wit the staff at the Riviera. The venue itself is BEAUTIFUL, they have made so many updates to the building in the past year I was very very pleased with the look in the day of my wedding, the food and service was top notch and I can not thank Irene enough for all of her help leading up to our wedding day.

Sent on 07/22/2018

Kristin · Married on 03/10/2018

The Riviera was such an incredible venue! My guests raved about how our wedding was the best they have ever been to. The food was the best catered food we ever had, even better than the Garden City Hotel! They were phenomenal at cocktail hour, the extra carving stations, sushi bar, you seriously can't go wrong with adding extras it's worth every single penny. The atmosphere at the Riviera was unlike any other, and all our pictures came out so beautiful. It felt so warm and nostalgic and rustic and romantic. It didn't feel small or cramped, and I loved that there were no other weddings at the same time. It felt so personal and just magical. Everyone was so professional, helpful, and attentive. I called with so many questions the months leading up to the wedding and they were great at making sure I had everything I needed. I used all their preferred vendors, especially Tim's Florist and can't rave more about how amazing they were!

Sent on 03/30/2018

Nicole · Married on 08/04/2017

Our wedding at the Riviera was a dream come true and highly recommend it to future brides, it's affordable and truly amazing!

Sent on 08/12/2017

Vanessa · Married on 01/28/2017

I can not say enough great things about this venue for a wedding. I had my wedding here in January 2017. Leading up to my wedding the team at the Riviera was very responsive to my millions of questions and accommodating every time I wanted to visit. On the day of my wedding, everyone could not stop talking about how good the food was and how attentive the servers were. The location itself is beautiful and I'm sure even better during the warmer months. Not to mention how cost efficient it was to have our wedding here (and not just because it was during winter)! I will be recommending this venue to anyone interested in having their wedding on Long Island.
    My husband wants me to make sure I emphasize how good the food and service was so ill just repeat that once more.

Sent on 02/03/2017

Samantha · Married on 07/15/2016

We had our wedding ceremony and reception here in July. Words cannot begin to describe how much we loved this venue. Brittany and Michelle were very responsive to all emails/phone calls and were both so accommodating. The setting of the ceremony was absolutely beautiful; right on the water and surrounded by beautiful landscaping. My guests did not complain about it being buggy (I have read previous reviews saying this was something people had mentioned). We had the cocktail hour outside. The cocktail hour food was delicious and plentiful, people still rave about the food today!! The ceremony hall was perfect. It was everything I imagined it would be. I definitely recommend using Tim's Florist to hang the tulle lighting from the ceiling, it made the hall that much more beautiful. We also had our DJ up light the hall; I was nervous it would be a little dark without the uplighting but it really wasn't. Our cake from Campbell's Bakery was delicious and beautiful. Our guests raved about the main course as well; of course a few people complained their dish wasn't great but there are always going to be those people at weddings. Our maître'D was Brittany and she was AWESOME. I always had a drink in my hand and she was always around to make sure my dress looked fabulous. The bartenders were awesome as well. I come from a family of drinkers and our money was well spent having an open bar. The bartenders poured shots all night and were so friendly and on their game. The Viennese hour was out of this world. There are more desserts than you can ever imagine. We had the chocolate fountain (which was a HUGE hit). The room is very spacious, although we only had 140 guests. There was plenty of room on the dance floor. Over all, we had the most perfect and beautiful wedding day and that was all thanks to the Riviera.

Sent on 11/23/2016

hilda · Married on 06/16/2016

I originally wanted a rustic/barn themed wedding when I got engaged, unfortunately living in queens I wasn't able to find any barns within 30 miles and was dissapointed until I found this venue. The riviera is beautiful and rustic and has exposed bricks in the main room. Everyone here is so friendly and attentive and ready to answer all your questions. I went once with my fiancee and then wanted to show my maid of honor, Brittany was so sweet and accommodating, she allowed us to come that same day and went over all the information with us again. She was so friendly and makes the experience a fun one. I am definitely looking forward to having my wedding here in 2016. We are having a 200 guest wedding and will be able to do so under 20k. You can get married on site with a beautiful water background. This is definitely a must see for a romantic beautiful venue.

Sent on 12/05/2014

Theresa · Married on 04/29/2016

We couldn't be happier that we chose the Riviera for our wedding! From the minute I walked in I knew it was where we had to get married. The property is beautiful, the staff is attentive and friendly. We booked with Paul who worked with us to give us a great deal for what we wanted. He always answered my questions promptly and offered advice throughout the planning process. Day of, Paul was there to make sure everything was set up correctly and ran smoothly. Brittany was our bridal attendant and she was wonderful! She was attentive and helpful, bustling my dress after the ceremony, getting us food, checking on us to make sure we were good. Our guests raved about the food and how wonderful everything was. Unfortunately, we were so swept up in the evening that we barely ate. We seriously regret that when we saw pictures of the cocktail hour and all the desserts they had out. They even offered boxes to people who couldn't finish their meals or wanted to take some desserts with them. They were so wonderful, we would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 08/16/2016

The Riviera was a slam dunk every way you look at it. We chose it for a few reasons: it was beautiful (right on the water with a rustic interior - exposed brick, high ceilings), affordable, and a catering hall that would take care of all of the odds and ends for us. We worked with Brittany and Michelle during the planning stages - both were friendly and prompt at responding to emails. My one complaint is that they didn't reach out much (we had to remember when each of our pre-wedding payments were due, they didn't give any reminders), but that is a minor complaint. All pre-wedding planning went smoothly...

And the wedding day itself blew us away! Our maitre d' was three steps ahead of us throughout the day: he knew what we needed and where we needed to be at every moment. Danielle, our bridal attendant, was off-the-charts amazing! She consistently checked in without overwhelming us, set up cocktail hour food in the bridal suite, gave us a platter of all our dinner foods to sample, and even bustled my dress when my MoH and I were stumped! Danielle also made sure the top layer of our cake was wrapped and sent home with us, a detail I would've been sad to have forgotten. The food was all phenomenal. Every time my drink was down on a table for more than a minute, a bartender gave me a full new one. Thanks to the staff at The Riviera, I was able to have a worry-free wedding day. I couldn't recommend it more highly!

Sent on 04/28/2016

Lisa · Married on 09/19/2015

We recently got married at the Riviera. Our day was absolutely amazing. The Riviera is a gorgeous rustic place with incredible views of the bay. Paul, the Maître D, catered to our every need. The entire staff is friendly and pleasant to work with. Our guests raved about the variety of food at the cocktail hour and dinner was delicious as well. We highly recommend the Riviera for any couple looking for a romantic and beautiful setting for their wedding day.

Sent on 10/25/2015

Having our wedding here, beautiful setting. Staff was friendly and easy to work with. They are quick to respond to questions via email. Very accomodating.

Sent on 06/05/2015

Sarah · Married on 07/19/2015

Booking my wedding at the Riviera was the best wedding planning decision I made! My wedding was Sunday night, July 19, 2015 and it was absolutely incredible. We booked our wedding there back in February 2014 at their Bridal Showcase. We met with Michelle, one of the Banquet Managers, who answered all of our questions then and throughout the next 17 months leading up to the wedding. So if you hear about one of these at the Riviera, definitely go! We had a coupon for $500 off the wedding or a free wedding ceremony (sent via email to promote the Bridal Showcase), and we also had a free mashed potato bar thrown in for cocktail hour because we booked at the showcase. You can see the Riviera in full action at the showcase. They have the house DJ’s there performing, and a ton of other vendors are there for you to speak with. You can see the outdoor space available for cocktail hour which is truly beautiful! They recently spruced it up post-Sandy and it is gorgeous, right on the Great South Bay. The food was amazing, our bridal attendant was wonderful, always offering me water and making sure I was hydrated, and our Maitre-D Sean was great too. He gently led us through the events and where we had to be, but was not pushy at all. He helped make the party go smoothly. The Riviera truly is a beautiful venue, the main room is so different than other Long Island venues. The outdoor space for cocktail hour is breathtaking, the staff were fantastic. I have no complaints. If you are curious about pricing, for my wedding (Sunday night in July) it was $76 a head, $46 for a kid, $40 per vendor meal. VERY REASONABLE for a Long Island wedding, I can not stress that enough. You will not find a venue this beautiful and this high class for this price on Long Island. I will be telling all my family and friends about the Riviera, thank you!

Sent on 08/10/2015

We got married this past week and had our reception at the Riviera. It was absolutely perfect. We worked with Michelle she was great! The staff that was working that night was excellent and the waitress always made sure we were ok had a drink or food ready for us. Paul was our matradee that night and made sure everything was perfect. The grounds are also beautiful right on the water!

Sent on 06/03/2015
  • Summerbridejen

Jennifer · Married on 05/03/2015

Words cannot describe how amazing this venue is. Not only is it breath taking but the staff was unbelievable. I knew I had no worries so I never had to check up and see if they were doing what I wanted them to do. Paul was my Banquet manager and my maître de and he was exceptional. the bartenders, wait staff,bridal attendant, the food, everything made my fairytale dream come true. I highly recommend this place. My wedding was on 5/3/2015.

Sent on 05/07/2015