Riverview Reviews

Riverview 6
Riverview 7

Chelsey Carducci · Getting married on 10/22/2020

Venue Review

beautiful venue, the staff was so helpful - highly recommend!

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 07/20/2019

They made the day so easy

The Riverview made the entire process super easy. From the moment we had the tour, we knew we wanted to have our reception there. The last couple weeks, I felt like I had so many questions and Adam was helpful through it all. After we dropped off everything for the reception, I was so excited when we walked in on our wedding day to see how they set it up. It looked amazing. Clean up was a breeze- they packed all our things up for us and helped my uncle bring it to the car that night.
    The food was delicious, we did cupcakes instead of a cake, delicious as well, the service was great, and the entire venue- inside and out is beautiful.
    They have a bridal suite which was nice to have before we got out to cocktail hour. There were drinks and attendants who helped us out a ton! Also, it has it's own large bathroom, which is helpful for a bride in a gown and some bridesmaids who need to help her :-)
    Also, there is a bride attendant to check in that everything is going well, that you have a drink, and anything else you need.
    Again, they made everything EASY which is what you want on a day that has a lot going on! If your date is available, I would book them!

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Chaikowski · Married on 06/22/2019

The wedding venue of our dreams!

I don’t know how I can come up with words to truly convey what an amazing wedding venue The Riverview is. Maureen, the general manager is a rockstar! She made sure every last detail was perfect for our big day. She was so easy to work with and helped us to plan everything flawlessly. She and the Riverview staff exuded professionalism and they were so attentive to our guests and ensured everything was taken care of the entire night. The venue itself is spectacular. Nestled right next to the the Farmington River, the outdoor area and patio have beautiful views and were the perfect area for our wedding guests to enjoy cocktail hour. The indoor cocktail hour setup was equally as fantastic. The bartenders kept the drinks flowing and moved quickly. Our appetizers were delicious. I vowed to not eat before our dance and formalities because I did not want to spill on my dress, but one bite of a bacon wrapped scallop and that changed! After cocktail hour we emerged into a beautifully setup venue that took my breath away. It was perfection. The table arrangement and settings were exactly what I envisioned. The food was out of this world! I was able to eat at my wedding, which is rare for some brides, but thankfully I did because my filet was to die for. Maureen and her staff were on top of everything and every time my bustle on my dress fell, Maureen appeared magically behind me with an emergency kit to pin it back up. At the end of the night, the staff packed up everything for our so we didn’t have to lift a finger. The entire night was a dream. I couldn’t have imagined a better wedding venue for the most amazing day of our lives. I can’t thank The Riverview, Maureen and all of the amazing staff enough for making our day perfect and ensuring we had the wedding of our dreams. I would more than recommend The Riverview to any future brides and grooms looking to have a beautiful venue and a carefree night enjoying your wedding without a single worry!

Sent on 08/17/2019
    Riverview 12
    Riverview 13
  • Scott

Scott Kraiterman · Married on 05/04/2019

An amazing venue with experienced staff to match - we LOVED our wedding at the Riverview

We cannot say enough about The Riverview – not only did they give us our dream wedding, but every step of the process couldn’t have been easier. First of all, it’s SO great that everything is included – a beautiful outdoor space for the ceremony, the spacious and gorgeous reception hall itself, the food, AND alcohol. Just knowing that all that stuff was taken care of by an experienced team that specializes in event planning made the entire process that much easier. It allowed us to actually enjoy the planning process, which can sometimes turn an exciting event into something pretty stressful.

The outdoor space for the ceremony sits right on the Farmington River, and our photographer was able to capture the scope of the whole scene and its picturesque setting (we were on the east side). The food was delicious, especially considering how many people they serve on a regular basis and the size of the operation (we recommend the bacon wrapped scallops, goat cheese medallions, crab cakes, and pepper sirloin crostini). They also throw in some really cool extras on the “chefs table” like fried calamari and steak tips, which was a pleasant surprise after expecting just the normal cheese, crackers, and veggie spread. There’s alcohol all over the place; aside from the open bar, you get bottles of wine on every table, a champagne toast, red and white sangria, and a specialty drink of your choice (we went with Star Wars themed drinks for May the Fourth, and they were happy to oblige). We went with a DJ and florist off their vendor list, who could not have been more professional and perfect. Just a side note – if you’re going to venture beyond their vendor list, we’d suggest that you check to make sure they’re familiar with the Riverview – it really helps that our vendors knew the space so well).

Chelsea, our planner, was SO helpful and really put us at ease, even when the unexpected happened. It’s so nice to know that we had an experienced and confident team taking care of all the little stuff you can’t prepare for, and we’re so grateful for their help. Honestly, we can’t imagine a better venue choice than the Riverview, especially in their price range. So many people have been coming up to us in the weeks since the wedding talking about how spectacular the whole event was. Our experience as the bride and groom was such a crazy whirlwind that one of the first things we said to each other the next day was that we hope to be invited to someone ELSE’S wedding at the Riverview, so that we can experience it again as guests!

Sent on 05/27/2019
    Riverview 14
    Riverview 15
    Riverview 16
    Riverview 17

Mary · Married on 04/27/2019

The Riverview

Amazing venue!! Would recommend to anyone! Everyone I worked with the entire time was always extremely helpful and never made me feel like I was asking too much of them or being a burden. They were flexible, understanding of various situations that came up, and always made me feel like the most important person. The price was also extremely reasonable and the guests reviews I received after the wedding were incredible! Would absolutely recommend this venue to everyone!

Sent on 05/23/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 12/22/2018

Absolutely Amazing

I couldn’t have been more pleased with how our wedding turned out. The riverview was perfect, Chelsea was so helpful through the process of everything, and my husband and I got so many compliments on the food and how beautiful the venue was. We had our ceremony on site as well, and I loved it, the setup was perfect and they set up the decor for the ceremony exactly the way we wanted. It was absolutely perfect, especially for a Christmas time wedding, they had so many beautiful decorations that captured everything I had envisioned.

Sent on 01/24/2019

Linette · Married on 10/21/2018

Beautiful and great staff

I would recommend this place. You get so much for your money. I worked with Maureen and she was beyound amazing!!!!! She took so much stress off of me the day of 😊

Sent on 11/04/2018

belinda · Married on 10/05/2018

Absolutely amazing! Staff was wonderful.

Sent on 10/12/2018
  • Fumi

Fumi Sowah · Married on 09/30/2018

Best day of my life

I had the pleasure of having my wedding at Riverview on 9/30/2018 and it was beautiful. My wedding coordinator Chelsea Davis was on top of everything and very pleasant to be around. She never looked stress but offered helpful advice every chance she could. She was absolutely a blessing to have on our wedding team. The day went smoothly with little to no issues. This place is gorgeous and the food is amazing. My guest where full before the main course arrived. Maureen Huntley, General Manager who booked our wedding ensured that we got the date that we needed. Maureen was also very pleasant to work with and handled everything with professionalism. I really can’t thank them enough for making my day amazing...

Sent on 10/16/2018
    Riverview 18
    Riverview 19
    Riverview 20
    Riverview 21

Harsha Bhisetti · Married on 09/23/2018

Cannot recommend enough!

We cannot recommend this venue enough.

1. Incredible views - the riverfront is absolutely gorgeous. Our guests really enjoyed taking pictures around the venue. The venue was immaculate with a beautiful garden that everyone loved.

2. Capacity - our wedding was 500+ people. The Riverview staff took excellent care of all of our guests. I cannot express my gratitude towards the women and men that were working during our wedding. The hall was more than spacious to seat all of our guests, have a dance floor, and a cocktail hour area.

3. Planning - coordinating with The Riverview was very easy. The staff was extremely accommodating to all of our requests. Communication through email & phone were very easy. All of our inquiries were addressed in a timely manner. It was a very straight forward and easy process.

I cannot express my gratitude towards the staff. They were professional, exceptional, and were enjoyable to work with.

Would highly recommend.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/15/2018

We had such an incredible experience working with the Riverview and their staff (particularly Chelsea and Maureen) I seriously cannot recommend them enough. They helped my wedding go so smoothly and were incredibly accommodating from the start. Everyone warned us that things would go wrong on our wedding day but Maureen and Chelsea made sure that everything was absolutely perfect. The bridal attendants were on top of their game and were there with whatever we needed. I didn't need to worry about anything on my wedding day because there was someone around every corner waiting to attend to our needs. The food and the cake was delicious. Everything was done perfectly and on time. I cannot gush enough about my experience here. The facility itself is beautiful, clean, and well managed. We cannot thank them enough to making our wedding dreams come true, and I seriously cannot recommend them enough for your wedding or events. Thank you so much for making our wedding day PERFECT. Cheers!!!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Julie · Married on 08/10/2018

Fabulous staff that left us feeling confident that our day would go off without a hitch... and they delivered! Food was delicious, venue itself is gorgeous and has a lovely view too! Can't say enough good things about them :-)

Sent on 09/02/2018
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 07/27/2018

This venue is absolutely incredible! The building and grounds are immaculate, the food is delicious, and the staff are so friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable that it made the whole wedding process so easy!
    From the day we toured this venue, we were impressed. We got to come back many times, for different showcases throughout the year, to pick our menu and sample cake options, to show the parents, and to do our rehearsal the day before. Our wedding consultant, Jodie, was so fantastic! She answered our questions within a day, was open to any requests we had, and did such a beautiful job setting up the materials we gave her (many of which I, feeling overwhelmed, just said "Please arrange this how you think would look best"--and boy did she ever!). The bridal attendants on the day of the wedding made us feel like royalty, especially the one (I'm so sorry not to remember her name, because she went above and beyond) who brought the bridesmaids and myself drinks and even napkins when we were all sweaty outside (summer wedding).
    All of our guests could not stop raving about how amazing the wedding was! The food was so great, the process ran so smoothly, and we felt like the most important people in the world for that night. I am SO glad we chose the Riverview to do our wedding. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful venue!!!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Nicole · Married on 07/20/2018

The Riverview could not have been more perfect for our wedding. Chelsea was absolutely amazing to work with. She was so organized and answered all our questions quickly throuought the planning process. She helped the night run smoothly so there was no stress. The venue itself is stunning and the food was amazing! We are getting constant compliments about how great the wedding was! Everything was perfect!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Tess · Married on 07/13/2018

Booking at the Riverview was by far the best decision we made in our wedding planning process. We were married in July 2018 and spent SO LONG looking for a wedding venue that was right for us. As soon as we walked into The Riverview for our tour with Maureen, we looked at each other and knew this was the place we wanted to get married. The building itself is spectacular, with an amazing, jaw-dropping entrance, beautiful grounds and gorgeous ballrooms with chandeliers that are to die for. The venue could accommodate our large wedding with 250 plus guests and was still within our price range. If the grounds and building weren't enough to sell us, the staff certainly put the icing on the cake. Maureen toured the facility with us and it was her personality that sealed the deal. Her and our Wedding Coordinator, Chelsea, both have such a relaxed attitude that puts you at ease while planning one of the most stressful events of your life, but at the same time they have such an intense attention to detail and are total perfectionists, so you know your plans are safe within their capable hands. Chelsea was so accommodating to all of our needs, and I can't thank her enough for being so amazing throughout our planning process. She answered endless questions, she accommodated our every need for food allergies and always provided solutions for problems that we thought at the time were the end of the world.
    On the day of our wedding we had two bridal attendants in addition to Chelsea who all made sure we had enough to eat, packed up our gifts into our car at the end of the night and even packed up extra pretzels from our pretzel cart for us to take back to the hotel! Chelsea was so calming on our wedding day. If there is one person who kept me sane on such a stressful day- it was her! If you are considering The Riverview for your wedding day or another event- BOOK THEM! It will be the best decision in your event planning process.

Sent on 09/29/2018

Patricia · Married on 07/03/2018

I can't say enough about how beautiful the venue was and how amazing the entire team was. Chelsea was the best event manager I have ever encountered, and that's coming from someone who was a wedding planner herself :) She worked with me on every detail and was beyond trust worthy. The views and privacy were far above exceptional and the staff was professional and on top of everything the entire event. I highly recommend to anyone looking for a gorgeous venue at an extremely affordable price. Yes, there are two rooms side by side, but I never once noticed there was another wedding on the other side. No sound travel and well organized.

Sent on 08/28/2018

Courtney · Married on 06/29/2018

We held our wedding at the Riverview on June 29, 2018 and it was absolutely amazing! We held our ceremony and reception at the venue. Chelsea Davis from the venue assisted us with all of our wedding planning needs. She answered all of our questions and gave us all the information that we didn't even know we needed in planning our perfect day. The day of went flawlessly at Chelsea's direction. As the bride, I did not worry about anything as she was so on top of every second of the ceremony and reception. We received rave reviews about all of the service, coordination, food and our bartender for the evening, who had people's drink of choice memorized. We are so happy and grateful that we chose the Riverview for our wedding! Thank you to everyone at the Riverview for making it a day of zero stress and amazing memories

Sent on 08/18/2018

Miranda · Married on 06/15/2018

We had our ceremony and reception at the Riverview and it was absolutely amazing!! Our wedding coordinator Jodie, was awesome and made sure the whole day went perfect. We didn't have to worry about a thing besides enjoying our big day. The whole staff is top notch as was all the food and the cake.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Joelle · Married on 06/10/2018

Couldn’t have been happier!!!!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Brooke · Married on 05/26/2018

Having our wedding at the Riverview was one of the best decisions we made! The ballroom was absolutely stunning, and all of the staff were wonderful to work with! Working with Chelsea as our day of event planner made everything stress free! She was very accessible from day one and made the entire reception go seamlessly. From setting up our different tables and signs to making sure we were in the right places and got to eat our food, Chelsea and her staff were amazing! All of the food and cake were delicious and our guests still talk about how good their meals were. Our signature cocktails were a hit during cocktail hour and throughout the night. Having the bridal suite was very convenient, especially when we first arrived. We would absolutely recommend the Riverview to anyone! Our wedding would not have been the same without Chelsea and the entire Riverview team!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Nicole · Married on 04/28/2018

The Riverview made our dream a reality. Everything was so organized and well thought out. It is a one stop shop with amazing employees. Jodie could not have been more responsive with all my crazy questions and amazing the day of the wedding. We have heard many times it was the, “Best Wedding they have ever been too!”

Sent on 04/26/2018
    Riverview 22

Noah · Married on 04/28/2018

The riverview was absolutely amazing Jodie is an absolute stud at her job. She made our special day into our dream wedding. Everything was absolutely perfect. Jodie was so quick to any question we had. Even out of the office/off days she always answered my questions in a quick fashion. I cant Express how wonderful this wedding was because I'm speechless. Thank you riverview for everything will forever be thankful

Sent on 04/29/2018
    Riverview 23

Lisa · Married on 04/20/2018

We had a beautiful wedding at the Riverview. The staff was excellent and professional. I would highly recommend them for any event. I was so happy with my wedding :)

Sent on 04/26/2018

Jack · Married on 04/08/2018

My wife Alaina and I are so glad we went with The Riverview! The food, the customer service, the beautiful venue... top to bottom this was such a positive experience for us. Jodie and Maureen and everyone we worked with on the staff at the Riverview were so accommodating and made us feel taken care of through the entire process. Thank you for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 04/18/2018