Riverview Manor Reviews

Riverview Manor 5
Riverview Manor 6
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 03/31/2018

There's not enough space to write about how thankful I am to have gotten married at Riverview Manor. The venue itself is breathtaking - on my first visit, I told Mary Helen I could get married right then without decorating at all, everything is so naturally beautiful. Mary Helen was so responsive to my thoughts and ideas and many times she picked up on my vision for what I was describing before I was even done telling her about it.

One thing we LOVED about Riverview is how we felt like the staff would move heaven and earth to make our dream for the day a reality. Other venues in Lynchburg made us feel like we were moving parts of their personal event, booking multiple events for the same weekend, giving us a list of pre-approved vendors to choose from.. While that type of mentality may not be a turn off for everyone, it was for us, which made Riverview a breath of fresh air. We were able to use our own vendors that we had chosen independently of the venue (friends who are in the vendor professions and had offered us deep discounts as wedding gifts) and Mary Helen even gave us some great recommendations of her own for the vendors we hadn't committed to yet.

We loved the fact that Riverview had their own decorations for us to use if we wanted (everything they had was exactly what I had in mind, so we didn't need to supply many of our own things!) and that set up and tear down was included in the cost of the service. A HUGE help was having Vicki, the day of coordinator, meet with us multiple times leading up to the big day to ensure she would keep things running smoothly. I can't speak highly of her enough.

On site, there's a cabin for the wedding night. It was so cozy and Mary Helen made sure there would be reception food waiting for us!

Every person on staff met us with professionalism and kindness. If you're looking for a venue away from the sounds of the city, with GORGEOUS views of its own, then book an appointment to see Riverview!

Sent on 05/03/2018
    Riverview Manor 7
    Riverview Manor 8
    Riverview Manor 9
    Riverview Manor 10
    Riverview Manor 11
    Riverview Manor 12

Carrie · Married on 12/18/2016

The lady's of Riverview Manor are superb! Mary Helen and her team were the primary reasons we decided on this venue; the beautiful venue is also a big plus! ?? Every idea I had was made into a reality, which made my wedding one of the most gorgeous and cozy weddings I have ever seen, and my guests were blown away! They went above and beyond to make my wedding a dream come true!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Taylor · Married on 11/19/2016

Riverview Manor was amazing and beautiful ! The staff was wonderful and truly made my dream wedding come true!

Sent on 06/25/2017

Evita · Married on 06/28/2014

Everything was absolutely the way we asked which made everything perfect. Riverview manor has a feel like no other venue because the morning after when you walk out of their honeymoon cabin it feels like home. We walked around the next morning and everything still felt amazing. Simply amazing is the best way to describe my wedding and reception thank you so much Mary Helen and her crew for making our day so special everyone is still talking about it.

Sent on 07/06/2014

Jamie · Married on 10/12/2013

Riverview Manor really does try there best to make what ever you want possible. I had a wedding with a barn reception. It was absolutely perfect and exactly what I wanted. Mary Helen and Evita really do care about your feelings and how you want things. I would recommend them to anyone.

Caitlin · Married on 09/14/2013

Absolutely wonderful venue! The people that work there make it even better!

• Brittany

Brittany · Married on 06/15/2013

Amazing people! They helped me plan my dream wedding! Everything they did was absolutely unique and beautiful! I am proud to say I have such an unforgettable wedding thanks to Mary Helen, and her wonderful staff. They are all great people and were so much help to me on my very special day!

Sent on 11/02/2013

Chasity · Married on 09/15/2012

Mary Helen and her staff made all our wedding dreams come true! They did everything they could to make sure our day was perfect. Our guests are still talking about how beautiful the property is and what a wonderful time they had. She definitely has an eye for details!

Sent on 11/05/2013

Micah · Married on 05/19/2012

If you are looking to get married around the Lynchburg area, my husband and I HIGHLY recommend Riverview Manor! The gorgeous mountain view and rustic look of the place make for the perfect place to get marreid. Mary Helen and the staff at Riverview are fantastic and extremely personable. They make you feel as if you are the only person in the world getting married there (although, truth be told, they have quite a lot of bookings!). Mary Helen took my ideas for the wedding and made them look even better than I had imagined! She is very detailed and there was nothing that she missed. Our wedding day was perfect and we are so grateful to her and the Riverview staff for making our special day so wonderful. There is also a honeymoon cabin that you can stay in, which we highly recommend. Mary Helen even decorated the cabin with our wedding flowers and left two plates of wedding food for us (since we didn't get much of a chance to eat while at the wedding). The breakfast she serves the next morning is to die for! My husband and I just retruned to the cabin for our "babymoon" and it was so special to go back there. You won't regret choosing Riverview as your wedding vendor!

Sent on 11/04/2013
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 10/15/2010

Mary Helen is wonderful! She pulled everything together and took so much stress off of me! Riverview manor is beautiful with amazing views! A stay at their honeymoon cabin is also a must!

Sent on 10/22/2010

Candice · Married on 04/13/2013

Riverview Manor was the most beautiful backdrop for my wedding. Mary Helen made my ideas and dreams into reality.