Riverhouse Catering Reviews

Riverhouse Catering 6
Riverhouse Catering 7

Susan Beers · Married on 10/15/2018

Superb Service

Riverhouse Catering provided outstanding service for our daughter and now son-in-law's wedding. Our requirements we somewhat unusual since we were celebrating at the New England Air Museum (NEAM) and they had to work around airplanes. Everything was executed beautifully and we could not have been happier. Guests all enjoyed the delicious offerings at the cocktail hours, the buffet dinner, and the delightful desserts. Thank you for a wonderful wedding!

Caroline · Married on 10/06/2018

We initially chose Riverhouse Catering for our wedding over several recommendations from our venue because of their professionalism. After the tasting we knew Riverhouse was the one. All of their dishes were delicious with great presentation. In our opinion they went above and beyond what is expected of a caterer. They helped enormously with the planning, and on the day of the wedding everything was executed perfectly from beginning to end.

Jeffrey · Married on 09/29/2018

We used Riverhouse Catering for our wedding last Saturday, September 29th, 2018. I cannot say enough good thing about them! Kirsten handled all our planning, Jake was our event captain, and Della was the wonderful staff member who attended to my husband and me all day. The three of them, along with the entire staff were absolutely wonderful. The food was AMAZING, and our guests could not stop talking about the professionalism and attention to detail from this company. Riverhouse really helped make or fairytale wedding all the more memorable. I could sit here all day saying nice things, but I can simply say USE THEM! You won't regret it!!!!

• F

Fiona · Married on 07/27/2018

Riverhouse catered our wedding at The Society Room last week and the food was absolutely delicious. We had the chance to go to a tasting to sample the hors d'oeuvres, appetizers,salads and entrees and we really were blown away by how great everything was. The short rib was to die for and all of our guests were commenting on how amazing the food was from start to finish. We had a few guests with allergies and this was taken into consideration and on the day they received adapted versions of the dishes which was wonderful. If there's one thing you hope guests take away from a wedding it's that there was great food and Riverhouse definitely provided that!Would highly recommend!

Alicia · Married on 07/14/2018

Kirsten & the staff at Riverhouse Catering were amazing! Our timeline was very short. Kirsten was so polite, professional & flexible. Already having had a previous great experience with Riverhouse, I am not surprised by how flawlessly everything ran, but I want to give a shout-out to Judy Ann & the fabulous staff on Saturday night. My guests raved over the wonderful food. I overheard many people comment on it and some made a point of telling me how delicious and unique the appetizers were. We have a family with multiple food allergies & Kirsten & the Riverhouse chef were extremely accommodating. The chef made changes to the menu items, substituted items & made a delicious meal that my whole family (& non-allergic friends) could enjoy. I am so indebted to your chef for providing an allergy-friendly spread that my family & friends alike were able to enjoy. Again, I cannot tell you how delighted my 3 daughters & my husband were to be able to eat such a wide variety of offerings at a party. They are used to being reduced to only a few foods at a gathering. The museum was beautiful, the various food stations were attractive, the bar was easily accessible. Everything was top-notch. Riverhouse Catering will be my first choice for all my future events!

Lisa · Married on 06/30/2018

Riverhouse Catering, with the team managed by Kirsten, was instrumental in making our daughter's wedding on June 30, 2018 absolutely spectacular! Prior to the wedding, Kirsten attended 2 very long meetings at Folly Farm in Simsbury, CT, the wedding venue. She was organized, receptive to our requests, handled our concerns with professionalism, and managed the extensive details involved in a 235 person wedding like the true professional that she is. The on-site event coordinator, Jake, did an amazing job in managing the timing, preparation, service and amazing quality and presentation of the food. Riverhouse was responsible for providing the bar and bartenders, linens, silverware, glassware, etc. for this gorgeous outdoor wedding. The tables were set to perfection, and there were more than enough wait staff ensure that everything was executed to perfection. The attendant dedicated to the bride and groom and their parents, Della, was fabulous! She continually made sure that we all had food, beverages to keep us cool on that very hot day, and ensured that anything needed was attended to. Riverhouse's off-site catering team was truly a group of highly trained and professional people. The quality of the pre-wedding coordination, day-of service, attention to detail and incredible food were beyond our expectations. This team was instrumental in making our daughter's and son in law's wedding day the wedding of their dreams! As Mother of the Bride, I cannot recommend Riverhouse Catering enough, and I highly recommend them

Liz · Married on 06/22/2018

The Best Wedding!!!

My husband and I worked with Kirsten and Riverhouse Catering to hold our wedding at the New Britain Museum of American Art this summer. They were amazing! From our very first phone call, we were so impressed by their professionalism, attentiveness, and flexibility. Kirsten met with us multiple times during the planning stages, and always followed up with emails about what needed to happen next. She also responded to all of our (many) emails and phone calls about various details and questions, and was always thorough and clear in her replies. Even when we got flustered or forgot something, Kirsten was always on top of things, and made us feel completely confident that everything would be taken care of .

And the wedding itself: WOW! As soon as we entered the museum, we were blown away by how beautiful it all looked. Everything was done so professionally and with such elegance. And all of the staff were really fantastic. Jake ensured that everything ran smoothly, and we had a personal attendant, Della, who took care of everything that we and our families needed during the night. Not to mention the food and drinks: absolutely delicious! And when we forgot some of our items in the rush to leave (we were celebrating up until the very end!), Jake met with us the next day so we could pick everything up. We cannot express how amazing it was to be able to just let go and have fun that night, with complete trust that everything was in excellent hands.

We received so many compliments from our friends and family on the wedding--some of them saying it was the best they had ever attended! It goes without saying that we would absolutely recommend Kirsten, Jake, and Riverhouse to anyone planning a wedding. We are so incredibly grateful to them all for putting together an evening we will never forget!

Riverhouse Catering 8
    Riverhouse Catering 13
    Riverhouse Catering 14
    Riverhouse Catering 15

Evan · Married on 06/09/2018

We recently had an outdoor wedding in Haddam Neck, Connecticut catered by Riverhouse Catering. They did a fantastic job with every detail of our day, and bringing our vision into reality. The food itself was wonderful, and several guests raved about the salmon in particular. Also the passed appetizers were awesome as well (my favorite was the bacon wrapped spiced apples and figs).
    Kirsten, Dawn, Jake and the rest of the team listened to every detail we wanted when it came to setting up the venue. Also we had a staff member make sure that our every need was taken care of, which was crucial because it would have been super easy to forget to eat given all of the festivities. She was awesome, and deserves a special shout out, so thanks so much Molly!
    All in all we couldn't have been happier with our experience from start to finish.

Kristen · Married on 05/26/2018

The Riverhouse team was fantastic to work with! The food at our wedding was delicious (we got a lot of compliments) and the team there the day of was perfect (lots of attention to detail). I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Peggy · Married on 10/07/2017

Fabulous! Stress free event! I was so concerned I would not have a good time at my daughter's wedding as I worry about details at events like this. We were in such good hands with Riverhouse Catering that I got to completely relax and just enjoy the day! We thank Evan, Jake and Della and the rest of the staff for making this happen in such a profoundly wonderful way. We highly recommend the short ribs! Wowzer! We held the reception in a hall (for cocktails and apps) and in a tent for dinner and dancing and I expected to have to go up the day after the wedding to do a major cleanup. Nothing could be further from the truth. They arranged to have all of our items placed in one area for storage while they cleaned up everything! Could not be happier! Worth every penny!!!!!

Courtney · Married on 09/30/2017

It was a pleasure working with Dana and Evan as we planned our wedding for 9/30/17! They were both enthusiastic, attentive and flexible and helped us customize a menu using locally sourced ingredients. The appetizers and harvest table were abundant, the beer selection was strong and everyone loved their meal, including my very picky grandma! Della was our bridal attendant and made sure everyone was comfortable, happy and well fed. We would definitely recommend Riverhouse to other couples planning their big day!

Riverhouse Catering 16
    Riverhouse Catering 17
    Riverhouse Catering 18
  • Z

Zora · Married on 09/29/2017

We used Riverhouse Catering for our wedding at New Britain Museum of American Art, we had an amazing experience. Throughout the planning stage, Evan helped us to get organized and open to our creative ideas on decoration. On our wedding day, she stayed and hugged us before the ceremony started, which was a pleasant surprise as she wasn't the coordinator assigned onsite. Our guests enjoyed the food and they were amazed at how awesome the service was. The decoration turns out even better than I expected. I would recommend their service to any couple, especially those who want to create an unique wedding experience.

Riverhouse Catering 19
    Riverhouse Catering 20
    Riverhouse Catering 21
    Riverhouse Catering 22
    Riverhouse Catering 23

Elizabeth · Married on 08/25/2017

Catering done right..

Thank you Riverhouse Catering for a fantastic job catering our son’s wedding. And catering does not cover it all. The planning process with Kirsten was flawless. Not an easy task when the groom and mother of the groom are both in the hospitality industry, aka banquet manager and wedding planner! Both Kirsten and Jake took all our endless, detailed requests in stride. It was fun to laugh and joke about our list of pet peeves, most final meetings typically take an hour, they gave us two and a half hours to make our way through our never ending list of details and walk through the mansion one more time to be sure our vision was doable. Their willingness to work along side our wedding planner gave us such reassurance that we had assembled a team of vendors that would work together beautifully. It’s a big task to coordinate which vendor will be responsible for the many details, to be able to overlap staff when needed in order to accomplish the same goal. This was a big worry you put to rest right from the start.
    From the setup, to the creative displays, fantastic hors d’s and delicious and hot dinner, we loved it all.
    Jake, what an incredible job you did orchestrating our night. We knew we were in great hands when we had our final meeting with you. You understood how important the details were to us, and you smiled with each crazy request, from the spacing of the ceremony chairs to adding additional cinnamon sugar to the warmed cider donuts. You got it, you knew, you made it happen. We love you for that and so much more.
    We will forever be grateful to all of you who were part of our wedding team. Thank you, Libby and Mike

Julie · Married on 07/22/2017

We recently held a party at the New Britain Museum of American Art to celebrate our son's recent wedding. The place is a hidden gem, and was the perfect venue. The catering by Riverhouse was exceptional. Dana and Evan helped me to plan the whole evening; the food was delicious, the staff professional, and everything came off flawlessly. I would highly recommend them, and if I have any other special occasions, I would absolutely use them again.

Renee · Married on 07/22/2017

The Riverhouse catered our wedding in July. They were extremely thorough and help to walk you through the entire process. The food was phenomenal! They offer plenty of seasonal varieties to choose from and our guests loved it. The wait staff the day of the wedding were attentive and made sure everything ran smoothly. And at the end of the event, they had everything cleaned up, packed and ready to go. I would absolutely recommend their services.

Joanna · Married on 07/08/2017

We had Riverhouse cater our wedding this summer at the Burr Homestead, and truly had a wonderful experience working with them. Throughout the planning process, Evan was always easy to get a hold of, very organized, and helpful every step of the way. Seeing that our venue did not offer much guidance, she initiated a very hands on approach in order to help us feel at ease with some of the decision making. Leading up to the wedding both Jake and Evan met with us to ensure that our vision was understood and took the time to walk through all of the details of the wedding day. I left that day feeling that they genuinely cared about our special event and needs. Their efforts exceeded our expectations on the big day and we felt confident and stress-free. The food was well executed and delicious! We even had our pictures taken during the dinner service, and Riverhouse staff insisted on serving us a new plate of food so we could enjoy our meals hot and fresh. I honestly don't believe our wedding day would have been as successful if we didn't have the help and service of Riverhouse Catering. Thank you!

Sarah · Married on 06/24/2017

Riverhouse catering at the New Britain Museum of American Art was my wedding caterer and coordinator.

I cannot say enough good things about every aspect of the experience. The team at Riverhouse, Dana and Evan, were professional and patient as they dealt with me, a person trying to plan their wedding from across the country.

The actual wedding food was great, the service was wonderful, and many many guests told me this was the best wedding they had ever been to. This of course, was mostly because of Riverhouse and the incredible venue.

If you are looking for a wedding venue, do not hesitate to book it at the Museum and with Riverhouse. An incredibly good value.

C · Married on 06/16/2017

We had Riverhouse for my Daughter's wedding this past weekend. If you want to enjoy your wedding without having any concerns, Riverhouse is your caterer. The event planners are extremely detail oriented!! The bride and groom lived in San Diego ,therefore much of the planning was done long distance or through parents. Flexibility is incorporated into their name. Many last minute modifications due to inclement weather for our "partial outdoor " wedding. It was handled with grace and ease, making the transitions smooth as silk by having prepared a backup plan. Our guests were talking the next day about how delicious and plentiful the food was (especially the hors d'oeuvres ) . The entire wait staff were polite, respectful and accommodating when necessary. At the end of the evening, the staff had everything wrapped and packed. Thank you to all at Riverhouse for a phenomenal job!!!!!

Alison · Married on 06/16/2017

Riverhouse recently catered our wedding at Wickham Park in June, 2017 and they were OUTSTANDING. Every person I worked with was so professional and really cared about making sure the day was perfect for me. They felt like my caterer but also my wedding coordinator. Evan, Jake, and the rest of the staff went above and beyond. On my wedding day they not only served excellent food, but also set up and cleaned up all of my decorations, as well as made sure the wedding and reception ran on time. The Riverhouse is a bit more expensive than some other caterers, but you certainly, 100%, get what you pay for. I definitely recommend.

Cristina · Married on 06/10/2017

I have nothing but amazing things to say about Riverhouse Catering. Not only was the food amazing but the service was exceptional. They helped from the very beginning with the planning and the big day went off without a hitch (or so I think- because they made sure that everything was taken care of)! Multiple guests commented on how professional the staff was and that the service during both the cocktail hour and dinner was exceptional. I would absolutely recommend Riverhouse and will be using them for any future big events I might have. I also just want to note that Evan (one of the catering sales managers) was amazing. She made sure that everything was coordinated before the big day and even went as far as to reach out to our vendors directly when we weren't sure on the answers of some of her questions. I also just want to note that Jake (who was on site on the big day and was our team captain) was amazing! He was calm, professional and was continuously running around making sure everything was perfect along with all of the staff that was there with him! I can't say enough great things about Riverhouse but if you are about to get married and need a caterer look no further!

Brittany · Married on 06/03/2017

We had Riverhouse cater our wedding at the Wadsworth Mansion, and they were absolutely fantastic! From our first tasting to our wedding day, they were extremely organized, professional, and quick to answer all of our questions. We had the pleasure of working with Evan to set our menu and all of our details. During our final walk through, she made us feel comfortable that our day would run smoothly so that we were able to sit back and simply enjoy our celebration. On our wedding day, our captain, Jake, ensured that everyone was taken care of (including us!) - our guests are still raving about how wonderful the food and service was. We highly recommend Riverhouse for your wedding catering needs!

A · Married on 10/01/2016

On October 1, 2016, we exprienced the most amazing event of our lives. It was the marriage of our daughter to a wonderful young man. The young couple had the desire to be united within an atmosphere that celebrated their happiness. Their wedding was themed as a retro carnival under the red top. There were games and a barber shop quartet. The decor was beautiful. But what tied everything together and truly set the joyous atmosphere up to really establish the theme was the catered menu by Riverhouse Catering.

The food was amazing. The chefs were creative and thoughtful. The staff were so helpful and efficient. Everytime we see someone who attended the wedding, we get great compliments. I have had a couple of people ask me for Riverhouse Catering to cater for their events.

Our catering director was Dana Montanari. I can not say enough about how helpful Dana was. She was easy to work with before, during and after the wedding.

The morning after the wedding, we had a brunch with a New Orlean's theme. This celebrated the city the our newlyweds were engaged in. We thought the wedding food was amazing. Well the brunch was a knock your socks off fare. It was magnificent from soup to nuts. Even the bar was themed with the Big Easy drinks.

I would recommend Riverhouse Catering to anyone who wants an event to remember forever. I will always have the fond memory of how above and beyond Riverhouse and Dana went to make our day so special.

Ally Cormier
    Farmington, CT

L · Married on 04/23/2016

Dana was amazing. She worked with us to create a dessert platter that was more "us" than a traditional wedding cake. All of the food was delicious, and our guests were happy!

Danielle · Married on 08/15/2015

Dana and her team were incredibly flexible with our ever changing guest count. Her banquet captain Jake saved my makeup when my husband shoved blue cake all over my face and he ran over with a damp warm cloth. Moreover, the food was incredible and exactly the relaxed BBQ food that we were looking to have for our guests. I'm only sad I didn't have more time to eat more!