135 Reviews for River Valley Catering

Mexican (1)
Southwestern (1)
House Beer (1)
134 River Valley Catering Reviews

River Valley Catering did an amazing job for our wedding! They were very friendly and responsive when we had questions. We were able to go in for a tasting before we picked them as our catering service and they did a great job explaining the food and cost. At the wedding, the food was delicious and fresh. I highly recommend their services!

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/4/18, 3 Reviews
4.7

We loved having River Valley Catering for our wedding! They were familiar with our venue and ran themselves independently the entire evening, there was no need to check up on them. I had full trust they would give us their best service. Sue was very responsive and made planning a wedding across the country easy. The food was delicious, we had a lot of complements from our guest on the quality. We chose Bruchetta Chicken, Steak Medallians in a Burgundy Sauce, Green beans almondine, and mushroom and asparagus risotto. I could live off of that risotto. They gave us advice throughout the process of planning and the only reason I take off a star in professionalism is because when I didn’t take their advice because it differed from my own vision they kept hinting to me that it was a mistake. It just came off as slightly condescending to me. Even so, they have been in the wedding industry for a long time and are the best in the St. Croix Valley. I would be happy to recommend them to any bride!

Profile Picture Ellie, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

River Valley Catering was absolutely perfect for our wedding at Hidden Meadow and Barn. The food was so amazing and the crew was so easy to work with. EVERYONE commented on the food and couldn't believe how great it was. Many said it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding reception. They were very flexible with our menu options as well as our seating arrangement! THANK YOU!!!

Profile Picture Candy, 5/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Buffet, Server(s), American, Italian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Vegetarian

Was a wonderful experience working with you. Thanks for such a great job.

Profile Picture Andy, 12/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Fantastic service, friendliest people, incredible food!! Simply the best! There's no one else we would have chosen to cater our wedding! Huge thank you to Betty and Sue and all of the River Valley team for making our day a huge success. We honestly couldn't have done it without them!

Services provided by River Valley Catering:
-Catering for dinner - buffet style with three main entrees, three sides and a plated salad with bread
-Hors d'oeuvres
-Desserts
-Bar service
-Coffee and non-alcoholic drink bar
-Linens
-Planning assistance + set up and tear down assistance

Profile Picture Allie, 12/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Lunch, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, American, Italian, Local, Mexican, Southwestern, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

We thought about using a different caterer that would've been half the price but decided they just weren't as reliable. We didn't want to have to worry about anything and River Valley is great for taking care of it all in a very professional manner. We didn't have to rent plates, or glasses, or napkins, they took care of all of that. The food was tasty, we got complements on the dinner and they were willing to work with us when we realized there had been a misunderstanding with the venue. Hidden Meadow and Barn says that you can save money by bringing in your own store bought food for appetizers during the cocktail hour so we had been planning on doing that. Then in our finalizing meeting with River Valley we realized that they do not allow any other food brought into an event they serve. Or to clarify, they allow Chex Mix or M&Ms but no cheese and crackers or veggies and dip. We didn't know what to do since we had a small budget for appetizers and had been planning on getting things from Costco. In the end River Valley was willing to work with us on the appetizers and they did a beautiful job. Their reputation means everything to them and it shows in the quality of work they do. The only other issue we had was we wanted to have apple crisp as our dessert and we gave them my husband's mom's recipe which they said they could do for us. Unfortunately they did not give us our recipe but their own, which was not at all the same. We were disappointed in it and my mother-in-law was disappointed as well although the guests didn't know and seemed to think it was fine.
Overall I think the dinner was tasty and the service was excellent. Just make sure you follow up with them along the way so you know you're getting what you want.

Profile Picture Emily, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Champagne Toast, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Buffet, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings

We loved working with River Valley Catering! From start to finish, they provided great service! Betty and Emily were especially great to work with and listened to all of our requests - they even let me (the bride) surprise the groom with a special salad that we had tried at our tasting, but decided on a different salad for the guests. They were SO helpful and we appreciate all of their flexibility and work to making our day great. Not only is RVC awesome to work with, their food is AMAZING! We received so many compliments and they even left us some appetizers and a to-go box. I highly recommend! Thank you River Valley Catering!

Profile Picture Jordan, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We were very happy! We got confused on the leftovers but everyone loved it.

Profile Picture David, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Everyone I worked with at River Valley catering was phenomenal! Their entire team was courteous, organized and friendly. They followed-up in a timely manner and helped me stay on track with the timelines. They suggested meal items when I felt lost, and helped with room layout suggestions since they had worked at our venue before. The day of the event they were there on time, set up everything so it looked beautiful, and were on top of EVERY detail. We literally had to do nothing but enjoy our wedding! We did family style (suggested to us by RVC for our small wedding of 75) and it worked perfectly - it was cozy, friendly, and everyone got their food faster than a buffet. Our guests raved about the food, everything was delicious. On top of everything else, their cost came in significantly lower than many places in the Twin Cities who gave me estimates. I would highly recommend RVC to any bride and groom!

Profile Picture Colleen, 9/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My husband and I selected Sue, Emily, and their team to serve our guests at our late September wedding at a nearby barn venue. The level of professionalism displayed by Sue, Emily, and their staff throughout the process can only be topped by the quality of the meal they delivered at such a rural venue. Many of our guests commented on how tasty the dinner was, and we loved the high touch service they provided us, including helping us to troubleshoot our reception outline. I'd highly recommend Sue, Emily, and their team, and think River Valley is a great asset to Northwestern, WI wedding venues. Thanks Sue & Emily!

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

River Valley Catering was amazing! The food was great, we got so many compliments from wedding guests, and the whole team was wonderful to work with. Thank you!

Profile Picture Nikki, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We had a great experience with River Valley Catering. I can't say enough about how the good the food was. It was fresh, hot, and delicious! River Valley Catering is a class act!

Profile Picture Dianne, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

It is my pleasure to write and thank River Valley for the excellent catering services provided for our daughter's wedding 9/2/17. Betty and Sue were very nice and had great personalities for working with people. From the very start I was confident they would do a good job for us. They were very accomodating to customize for vegan options as well since the bride and groom are vegans. Many of our guests complimented on how great the food was.....petite beef tenderloins, Chicken Bruschetta......I had the Stuffed Vegan red and green Peppers and ithey were AMAZING! The service was great and food served promptly and hot. They were very organized and also answered many of our questions promptly. I would definitely recommend RVC!!!

Profile Picture Gwen, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

River Valley helped make my day very special. I still get compliments on how good the food was and how attentive the service was. Thank you for making my day even more special!

Profile Picture Katie , 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

River Valley Catering did a fantastic job catering our wedding reception. Sue and Betty are great to work with! All of our guests were impressed with the food. Our main course was bacon wrapped pork loin with apple-bacon chutney, smoked Gouda mashed potatoes and broccoli.

Profile Picture Casie, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

River Valley was the best choice we could have made for our wedding dinner! The food was fantastic - multiple people told us it was the best wedding food they'd ever had! They were very easy to work with and went above and beyond to cater to our guests with allergies. We chose the Tenderloin Beef Medallions and Crab Stuffed Salmon. My only critique is that it seemed like it took awhile for everyone to be served their entrée. Although, I used to serve weddings so I may have just been very observant. Overall, we are VERY HAPPY we chose River Valley for our wedding!

Profile Picture Lexie, 8/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

What a great company! They worked with us every step of the way to get us the brunch wedding we always dreamed of. They were available right away whenever we contacted them. After our reception guests could not stop talking about how amazing the food was!!! We consider ourselves "foodies", so the food was one of our highest priorities during our wedding planning process and we definitely made the right choice. If you're hesitant about how a buffet will look at your wedding we can tell you- have no fear it was beautifully displayed! Thank you again for everything, river valley catering and especially for looking out for all of our food allergies. We're still dreaming of your poached pear salad!

Profile Picture Hassan, 8/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

River Valley Catering was top notch from the beginning to the end! From the preliminary planning to the day of our wedding, River Valley Catering was easy to work with, very accommodating and the food was delicious! We received so many compliments about the quantity and quality of our wedding food! We will continue to use River Valley Catering for events, as well as recommend their services to anyone seeking a reliable and high quality catering service!

Profile Picture London, 7/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

River Valley was a breathe of fresh air when looking for wedding caterers. The food was amazing, our guests raved about the grilled salmon and beef medallions. Their signature salad was killer, and ice cream sundae bar and cheesecake was heavenly. Service was on point and everything was smooth and hardly noticeable that all the work they did was happening. The place settings, glassware, and silverware is professional and lovely. I would highly recommend them for your big day. They are more affordable than their competitors and great value and service. I wish I could have that meal all over again.

Profile Picture Kate, 7/15/17, 1 Review

Profile Picture Kate, 7/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Thank you so much! Everything was great starting with day 1 all the way thru wedding night! You guys were everything we needed! Thank you!!

Profile Picture Megan, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

They were very helpful and always quick to respond

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

The staff was great to work with and were very responsive and helpful. The service was efficient and timely. I would recommend them to everyone. The food was fantastic and we received a lot of compliments on how good the food was.

Profile Picture Hilary, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
4.7

This was for my daughters wedding.

Profile Picture Kim, 6/24/17, 1 Review