River Valley Catering Reviews

141 | River Falls, WI

141 Reviews for River Valley Catering

141 River Valley Catering Reviews

Jill · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely LOVE Sue & the team at River Valley Catering!

From our very first meeting, to tasting, and all the way through the wedding day, Sue and the team at River Valley Catering were our biggest advocates and cheerleaders! They were very knowledgeable, honest, and truly had our best interests at heart which made working with them very easy. Highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/12/2018

River Valley Catering's reply:

Thank you, Jill (and Tom)!! We fell in love with you after our first meeting, too!! We loved being a part of your beautiful day!

Brinn · Married on 09/23/2018

Sue and her team were awesome to work with! Table set ups were amazing, food was delicious- some guests said best wedding food they’ve ever had! They were truly great to work with an made us feel comfortable and excited about all of our choices! Prices were very reasonable compared to other options as well. Photo by breeannakayphotography

River Valley Catering 1

Karly · Married on 09/21/2018

River Valley Catering does an excellent job and helped us with the planning of our wedding dinner. We got so many compliments on how amazing and yummy the food was. We loved everything! The servers were very nice and helped with anything that our guests needed. It went very smoothly. We couldn't be happier! Thank you!!

Sent on 10/07/2018

River Valley Catering's reply:

Karly, thank you for the kind words! Your great planning was they key to everything going so smoothly! That great menu you picked didn’t hurt, either! Thank you!

Erin Staum · Married on 09/21/2018

Amazing!

Emily at River Valley was amazing and so accommodating! She was so helpful with the planning and even the day of! She went above and beyond and really stood out to make our day special. Highly recommend

Melissa · Married on 08/04/2018

River Valley Catering did an amazing job for our wedding! They were very friendly and responsive when we had questions. We were able to go in for a tasting before we picked them as our catering service and they did a great job explaining the food and cost. At the wedding, the food was delicious and fresh. I highly recommend their services!

Maggie Covill · Married on 08/04/2018

They were definitely the right choice!

I am so, so glad I went with River Valley Catering for my wedding. Wonderful staff and incredible food. I was planning an outdoor wedding in River Falls, WI from TX. Sue and Betty were absolutely wonderful and made my experience as a (somewhat frazzled...) bride really seamless. They were experienced, professional, warm, flexible and patient. They truly went above and beyond to make my wedding a success. The service the day of was lovely - their staff were super sweet and professional. As far as the food, it was very high quality, beautifully presented, and absolutely delicious. I had many, many guests (including both sets of parents) say that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. Personally, that is one of the greatest compliments I could have received as a bride, eager to ensure my guests are well cared for.

Candy · Married on 05/12/2018

River Valley Catering was absolutely perfect for our wedding at Hidden Meadow and Barn. The food was so amazing and the crew was so easy to work with. EVERYONE commented on the food and couldn't believe how great it was. Many said it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding reception. They were very flexible with our menu options as well as our seating arrangement! THANK YOU!!!

Andy · Married on 12/31/2017

Was a wonderful experience working with you. Thanks for such a great job.

Allie · Married on 12/30/2017

Fantastic service, friendliest people, incredible food!! Simply the best! There's no one else we would have chosen to cater our wedding! Huge thank you to Betty and Sue and all of the River Valley team for making our day a huge success. We honestly couldn't have done it without them!

Services provided by River Valley Catering:
    -Catering for dinner - buffet style with three main entrees, three sides and a plated salad with bread
    -Hors d'oeuvres
    -Desserts
    -Bar service
    -Coffee and non-alcoholic drink bar
    -Linens
    -Planning assistance + set up and tear down assistance

Sent on 01/31/2018

River Valley Catering's reply:

Allie & Peter! Getting to be a park of your wedding was a joy and honor for all of us! Thank you for the review and let us know when we can feed you again!!

Jordan · Married on 10/14/2017

We loved working with River Valley Catering! From start to finish, they provided great service! Betty and Emily were especially great to work with and listened to all of our requests - they even let me (the bride) surprise the groom with a special salad that we had tried at our tasting, but decided on a different salad for the guests. They were SO helpful and we appreciate all of their flexibility and work to making our day great. Not only is RVC awesome to work with, their food is AMAZING! We received so many compliments and they even left us some appetizers and a to-go box. I highly recommend! Thank you River Valley Catering!

David · Married on 10/07/2017

We were very happy! We got confused on the leftovers but everyone loved it.

Joshua · Married on 09/30/2017

Sue and the rest of the staff at RVC was exceptional to work with from start to finish! My wife and I could not have been happier with our catering choice. The food was exceptional, the portions were very generous, and Sue along with her staff went above and beyond to make our day perfect. Our guests were extremely complimentary of the meals that RVC served. River Valley did everything perfectly! We cannot say enough times how wonderful everything was! Thank you Sue and the rest of the RVC staff we are forever grateful for your wonderful service, you all went above and beyond to help make our night special.

Sent on 11/06/2017

River Valley Catering's reply:

J & J - Yours was certainly a fun wedding! Shotskis, sweets and the BEST late night snack, Oh my!! Thank you for being so great and the nice words!

Colleen · Married on 09/29/2017

Everyone I worked with at River Valley catering was phenomenal! Their entire team was courteous, organized and friendly. They followed-up in a timely manner and helped me stay on track with the timelines. They suggested meal items when I felt lost, and helped with room layout suggestions since they had worked at our venue before. The day of the event they were there on time, set up everything so it looked beautiful, and were on top of EVERY detail. We literally had to do nothing but enjoy our wedding! We did family style (suggested to us by RVC for our small wedding of 75) and it worked perfectly - it was cozy, friendly, and everyone got their food faster than a buffet. Our guests raved about the food, everything was delicious. On top of everything else, their cost came in significantly lower than many places in the Twin Cities who gave me estimates. I would highly recommend RVC to any bride and groom!

Michelle · Married on 09/23/2017

My husband and I selected Sue, Emily, and their team to serve our guests at our late September wedding at a nearby barn venue. The level of professionalism displayed by Sue, Emily, and their staff throughout the process can only be topped by the quality of the meal they delivered at such a rural venue. Many of our guests commented on how tasty the dinner was, and we loved the high touch service they provided us, including helping us to troubleshoot our reception outline. I'd highly recommend Sue, Emily, and their team, and think River Valley is a great asset to Northwestern, WI wedding venues. Thanks Sue & Emily!

Nikki · Married on 09/23/2017

River Valley Catering was amazing! The food was great, we got so many compliments from wedding guests, and the whole team was wonderful to work with. Thank you!

Dianne · Married on 09/02/2017

We had a great experience with River Valley Catering. I can't say enough about how the good the food was. It was fresh, hot, and delicious! River Valley Catering is a class act!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Thank you, Ms Dianne!

Gwen · Married on 09/02/2017

It is my pleasure to write and thank River Valley for the excellent catering services provided for our daughter's wedding 9/2/17. Betty and Sue were very nice and had great personalities for working with people. From the very start I was confident they would do a good job for us. They were very accomodating to customize for vegan options as well since the bride and groom are vegans. Many of our guests complimented on how great the food was.....petite beef tenderloins, Chicken Bruschetta......I had the Stuffed Vegan red and green Peppers and ithey were AMAZING! The service was great and food served promptly and hot. They were very organized and also answered many of our questions promptly. I would definitely recommend RVC!!!

Katie · Married on 09/02/2017

River Valley helped make my day very special. I still get compliments on how good the food was and how attentive the service was. Thank you for making my day even more special!

Lexie · Married on 08/26/2017

River Valley was the best choice we could have made for our wedding dinner! The food was fantastic - multiple people told us it was the best wedding food they'd ever had! They were very easy to work with and went above and beyond to cater to our guests with allergies. We chose the Tenderloin Beef Medallions and Crab Stuffed Salmon. My only critique is that it seemed like it took awhile for everyone to be served their entrée. Although, I used to serve weddings so I may have just been very observant. Overall, we are VERY HAPPY we chose River Valley for our wedding!

Hassan · Married on 08/18/2017

What a great company! They worked with us every step of the way to get us the brunch wedding we always dreamed of. They were available right away whenever we contacted them. After our reception guests could not stop talking about how amazing the food was!!! We consider ourselves "foodies", so the food was one of our highest priorities during our wedding planning process and we definitely made the right choice. If you're hesitant about how a buffet will look at your wedding we can tell you- have no fear it was beautifully displayed! Thank you again for everything, river valley catering and especially for looking out for all of our food allergies. We're still dreaming of your poached pear salad!

London · Married on 07/30/2017

River Valley Catering was top notch from the beginning to the end! From the preliminary planning to the day of our wedding, River Valley Catering was easy to work with, very accommodating and the food was delicious! We received so many compliments about the quantity and quality of our wedding food! We will continue to use River Valley Catering for events, as well as recommend their services to anyone seeking a reliable and high quality catering service!

Sent on 08/15/2017

River Valley Catering's reply:

London, thank you for the kind words. It was a delight to work with you and see your vision come to reality. -Betty, Emily & Sue

Kate · Married on 07/15/2017

River Valley was a breathe of fresh air when looking for wedding caterers. The food was amazing, our guests raved about the grilled salmon and beef medallions. Their signature salad was killer, and ice cream sundae bar and cheesecake was heavenly. Service was on point and everything was smooth and hardly noticeable that all the work they did was happening. The place settings, glassware, and silverware is professional and lovely. I would highly recommend them for your big day. They are more affordable than their competitors and great value and service. I wish I could have that meal all over again.

Sent on 10/16/2017
    River Valley Catering 2
    River Valley Catering 3
    River Valley Catering 4
    River Valley Catering 5
    River Valley Catering 6

River Valley Catering's reply:

Kate & Chad, thank you for the great pictures! Thank you also for the great review and kind words!! If there was anyway we could get some cheesecake to you now - we would in a heartbeat!! Thank you!!

Kate · Married on 07/14/2017

Megan · Married on 07/07/2017

Thank you so much! Everything was great starting with day 1 all the way thru wedding night! You guys were everything we needed! Thank you!!