Rick Grove Reviews

Rick Grove 5
Rick Grove 6
Rick Grove 7

Alex · Married on 10/05/2017

Rick's performance at our ceremony was better than we could have imagined. He was incredibly professional, warm, and genuinely kind. He took the time to get to know us and was so easy to work with. He asked us what we wanted and gave us easily accessible options to tailor the ceremony to what we wanted. Thank Rick!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Valerie · Married on 10/05/2017

We are so happy our coordinator recommended Rick to us! He was a true pleasure to get to know and we felt so confident in him performing our ceremony. We received a lot of compliments from our guests on the words he chose for our ceremony. Couldn't be happier with the ceremony gave us! Thank you Rick!

Sent on 11/10/2017
    Rick Grove 8
    Rick Grove 9

Lina · Married on 10/01/2017

Rick was absolutely amazing in every aspect! He was the first and only officiant that we met with and we knew that we didn't have to waste any time meeting with anyone else. He created a template for us to edit and we were able to completely customize our ceremony. He went above and beyond what we expected an officiant to do! We wanted to incorporate a blessing from our priest but we were picky about what we wanted the priest to do. Instead of us having to upset the priest and tell him we didn't want something, Rick took complete control of the situation. He was able to get the priest to do what we wanted without having us feel uncomfortable telling him "no." He spent a lot of time going back and forth with the priest to make it the ceremony we wanted and we couldn't be more grateful!

Well before the wedding, he called my husband and I to get some personal details which he used in the ceremony. This made it very personal and special and we will always cherish the ceremony!

AND he mailed our marriage license in! We couldn't be more happy with our decision to hire Rick as our officiant! (Photos by: All Good Things Photography)

Sent on 10/06/2017
    Rick Grove 10
    Rick Grove 11

Courtney · Married on 09/23/2017

Rick did a FANTASTIC job as our officiant at our wedding. He really took the time to get to know both my husband and I and understand what makes our relationship unique. This made the wedding beyond perfect as he was able to weave in details and throughout the ceremony that made us and our guests both laugh - and tear up! We were so incredibly pleased with how helpful, professional, laid back and organized Rick was throughout the wedding process. We highly recommend Rick as an officiant to all future couples to be married - you will NOT be disappointed. Thank you SO much Rick for being a part of our special day and making it so very special!!!

Sent on 10/20/2017
    Rick Grove 12

Tomer · Married on 09/09/2017

Rick was exactly what we needed. He is professional, responsive, and organized, but most importantly, we felt that he truly cared to make our ceremony special. I would recommend him to anybody.

Sent on 09/11/2017

Trista · Married on 07/23/2017

Rick was a great addition to our wedding! He met with us and talked to us individually to get to know us better. He is a very professional but easy going guy. He was not only nice to us but to all of our friends and family . We accidentally forgot to get the marriage license signed right away after the ceremony and he ended up having to stay longer than necessary while we did photos. We felt awful for him having to wait but he didn’t mind at all and was super nice and accommodating which we thought was awesome! We highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/30/2017
    Rick Grove 13
    Rick Grove 14

Stephanie · Married on 06/30/2017

We found Rick on weddingwire and it just so happened he lived down the street from us! We met up a few times over brunch and happy hours, each time he was willing to work with our schedule and remained very flexible. During our phone interview, he had such a calming voice, which we knew we may need for our big day! Upon meeting him we found out he's in the school system, which my husband was instantly drawn to since he's a teacher too! Rick was always so personable, professional, and helped us create the best ceremony possible. We are so satisfied with his service and hope to remain in touch in the years to come. Although we only met him less than a year ago, it feels like he's been a family friend our whole lives! I would definitely recommend him to officiate anyone's wedding. He let us customize our ceremony, gave us tips, and allowed us to write our own vows. He interviewed each of us separately and put gave his input as to who we are as individuals and as a couple. It was a beautiful day!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Rachel · Married on 06/09/2017

Rick was incredible. He was extremely professional and very helpful. He helped to calm me down in the face of a couple of crises and everything worked out wonderfully. His ceremony was beautiful and our guests commented how great it was. I highly highly recommend Rick.

Sent on 06/23/2017
  • cpharris42

Colleen · Married on 05/27/2017

Rick was fantastic! He officiated our wedding back in May and did a phenomenal job. He was everything we wanted in an officiant; funny and serious at the right times. We received so many compliments on our ceremony and how lovely it was. Rick also guides you in the right direction, based on what type of ceremony you are looking for, and allows you to create something completely unique to you as a couple. I am so happy with how everything turned out. Thanks Rick!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Samantha · Married on 05/07/2017

Rick was an actual godsend for my husband and I. Our officiant fell through literally a month before our wedding and I was crushed. After tons of research and phone calls Rick called me back and made me forget why I was even upset about our original officiant in the first place. He talked me through everything on the phone and as soon as we hung up I called my now-husband and told him I found our officiant and we can cancel all of the other calls we had scheduled. Rick took the time to speak to us individually to get a better idea of our story and what led up to the wedding. He even came to our rehearsal which was amazing. The day of he arrived early and prepared and his ceremony was beautiful. People complimented him all night after he had left. He customized our entire ceremony for us and he spoke like he had known us forever. He saved the day and I am SO happy that we found Rick!!!!!

Sent on 06/08/2017

Steven · Married on 12/18/2016

My wife and I could not have been more happy with Rick Grove. From the beginning, Rick made it very clear that he was at our service. Rick is professional, yet warm, prepared, but never pushy, is exactly the kind of person we wanted to marry us. Rick offered to meet with us both on the phone and in person to make sure the ceremony was personalized for us. We began with a google doc of a well written and formatted template ceremony. He was 100% open to customizing it to our preferences, so we removed a few prayers and readings, and added a heart meditation and an inclusion of our daughter. From the moment, we spoke with him on the phone, there was never once a doubt that this was the guy for us.

Rick offered to help us with our vows, met us for tea, and even traveled over an hour away to our ceremony is Julian, CA for a nominal addition to his fee. Rick has a very calm, collected demeanor, and is a fun guy to be around. For us, this was absolutely perfect. We HIGHLY recommend Rick Grove as an officiant, and we hope you have the chance to have him as yours.

Sent on 12/27/2016

Kendra · Married on 10/22/2016

Rick did such an amazing job. From the beginning he was so professional. They way we worked together with the script though Dropbox made it so easy and fast to
    Edit. He took this script and didn't just read it but brought the words to life. What he used from our personal interviews and how he incorporated it into our ceremony was not something just anyone could do. He improvised when we had to wave flys away. He incorporated humor and so much love into our ceremony. He was the best choice for our officiant, and I'm so thankful!! Thank you sooo much Rick!!! All of my bridal party and wedding guests also talked about how amazing he was!! Thank you again!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Shane · Married on 10/15/2016

Rick was absolutely fantastic to work with. We were a little unsure of what we were looking for in an officiant and as soon as we came across and met Rick we knew he was a perfect fit. From the very beginning he was very professional to work with. He was very responsive, flexible, and made the whole process incredibly simple. Rick was quickly able to get a feel and sense of who we were as a couple and how we wanted our ceremony to look upon our first meeting. We live out of the area, so it is always difficult to coordinate schedules and Rick was very accommodating to ours. Most importantly the ceremony was absolutely beautiful. Rick did such an amazing job and captured everything we wanted. I would highly recommend him to anyone!!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Stephanie · Married on 10/01/2016

Rick was absolutely amazing. I had no idea what to expect from an officiant but Rick did an awesome job. He really took the time to get to know both of us and make our day special. I am huge on words, I love to write. Rick gave me a guideline full of amazing ideas and let me customize our ceremony to be exactly what we wanted. The day of the wedding people raved about our ceremony. I may not have known what to expect out of an officiant but I know Rick surpassed it! Thanks Rick!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Kara · Married on 09/17/2016

We really loved Rick, he was professional and really personalized our wedding ceremony. He really took the time to get to know us, and we really appreciated the time he took to put our ceremony together. Would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 09/25/2016
  • O

Olivia · Married on 09/08/2016

On extremely short notice (less than a week), I was in need of a minister/officiant for my parent's vow renewal ceremony, celebrating 30 years together. It was a surprise my Dad and I set up for my Mom. From my first e-mail, Rick called me within a few hours, made himself available for our date, and made me feel totally comfortable. He stayed in touch with me consistently, answering all of my questions and last minute changes. Not only did he customize the perfect ceremony for my parents, but he also went above and beyond to plan this in secret and be in on the surprise. It felt as if he had known my parents for years. Very personable and kind! You will want him to stay for the rest of the wedding! :)

Sent on 09/09/2016

ashleigh · Married on 08/26/2016

Rick was amazing! Not only did he do an awesome job on our ceremony but he helped assemble an arch for the wedding and pitched in to take pictures when my photographer didn't show up!

Sent on 08/31/2016

Caroline · Married on 08/20/2016

Rick recently performed our ceremony, and from the moment we started our rehearsal, I immediately felt calm and knew we were going to be in great hands. He delivered a beautiful ceremony, which he worked with us to customize. He was open to our ideas, and met with us separately so he could talk about us specifically during our ceremony.

Sent on 08/29/2016

KATIE · Married on 06/19/2016

Rick Grove is a VERY nice guy. He took the time to talk to both of us, even with our crazy schedules before the wedding to hear about each other and share pieces of it in the ceremony. He made it very personal which I liked and made it a very beautiful ceremony. He allows you to choose options over an easy Google document to make it how you would like. He answered any questions we had and kept in touch all the way to the end. I highly recommend Rick Grove. Thank you Rick!! Cheers!

Sent on 06/21/2016

Kristen · Married on 05/21/2016

Rick was an amazing officiant for our beachside wedding! We found him through wedding wire a month before our wedding date and he made the process easy and fun! Planning everything we wanted said at our ceremony was fun and Rick gave us a template to go off of. He talked with us both over the phone to find out some more details about our relationship and even included some of it in our ceremony! All my guests said they loved him as well. His son was even watching our wedding on the beach and sent us some pictures! So happy we chose him as our officiant, he made everything so easy, worry-free, and fun!

Sent on 06/04/2016

Ashley · Married on 04/09/2016

Rick was AMAZING throughout the entire process! Our wedding was out of state, so he worked with us through email/phone conversations and created something beautiful for us. He cared so much about getting to know us on a personal level which made everything about that day even more special. He was completely open to hearing any ideas/specifications we had which it made it completely personal to our style. What we loved most was that he wrote something based on what each of us had told him, and it was a surprise for us to hear on our wedding day. We are a young couple, and he was so laid back but maintained a professional image at the same time-- which was perfect for our cliff side wedding!

Sent on 04/15/2016

My husband and I got married in March at the Ranch at Bandy Canyon in Escondido, and had the privilege of having Rick officiate our wedding. We found him on Wedding Wire, and from the beginning he was such a pleasure to work with. We don't live locally, so all of our interactions/correspondence leading up to the wedding were via emails/texts/calls, and he was always very responsive. I appreciated how he prioritized speaking with us (as a couple and then individually) on several occasions by phone in order to get to know us better, and ensure that the content of our ceremony reflected our values. He was very flexible in accommodating to our schedules. Our ceremony was absolutely beautiful, and he officiated it with grace, warmth, and humor, which really helped set a wonderful tone for the rest of the evening. He also took care of sending the marriage license in - very thoughtful of him and one less thing for us to worry about! Everything came back without a hitch :) We are both very grateful to him and HIGHLY recommend him as a wedding officiant!!

Sent on 05/11/2016

Kristen · Married on 07/07/2012

My husband and I were introduced to Rick Grove through a family friend. We first met with Rick at a local restaurant, and then again at the rehearsal the day before our wedding. Most contact was done via phone and email and Rick was always prompt in his responses. In the months leading up to the wedding, Rick sent several sample ceremonies for us to read through, and allowed us to edit and add our own personal touch to the ceremony of our choosing. On our big day, Rick showed up early, and did a wonderful job officiating the ceremony. I only have great things to say about Rick Grove and the memories from my wedding day; he did a wonderful job, was a great speaker, and dressed professionally for the occasion.

Sent on 11/24/2015

Tara · Married on 02/21/2010

I would advise other couples to select Mr. Rick Grove to officiate their wedding ceremony. His demeanor added to the elegance and warmness of our wedding. He brought a sense of calmness to the ceremony with his presence and voice. Rick took the time to meet with us in the weeks leading up to the ceremony to get a feel of what we wanted. He had some great suggestions which made the planning even easier for us. Not only did he make the ceremony feel intimate and special, he brought a lightness of humor as well. I highly recommend Rick as the perfect officiant for a perfect wedding!

Sent on 05/25/2016

LeeAnn · Married on 09/02/2008

Rick officiated our wedding , he was a pleasure to work with. He has great material to use and helped us put the perfect ceremony for us. We ended up using pieces from several samples and Rick put it together for us. He was responsive the whole time and did a great job on the day of the event. We were very happy to work with him.

Sent on 12/04/2015