Rick Grove Reviews

63 Reviews for Rick Grove

• Laura

Laura Closs · Married on 12/17/2020

Awesome and Flexible Officiant

Rick was able to accommodate through multiple postponements and even ended up marrying us last minute!

Sent on 12/31/2020

Ted Wilber · Married on 10/10/2020

Top notch and perfection

Simply an amazing event and Rick made it even more magical. He was absolutely perfect and my bride and I thank you.

Sent on 10/12/2020

Madisen Murray · Married on 10/01/2020

Experience with Rick

Highly Recommend Rick! He was friendly, timely, and very professional. His demeanor and voice fits the role for any wedding. Very pleased! Will recommend!

Sent on 10/02/2020
  • Don

Don Fenning · Married on 09/01/2020

Wonderful & Responsive Officiant!

Rick Grove was incredibly accommodating and helpful with our unusual Covid-era private wedding... We did somewhat of a last-minute creative wedding with Rick's input and assistance. We found Rick to be a nice, eloquent and easy-going officiant-- who made our nuptials into a stress-free and beautiful experience for us!

Sent on 12/31/2020
  • Kelly

Kelly Schlemm · Married on 07/03/2020

We made the right choice

Rick was the right choice to officiate our wedding and I highly recommend him. Not only was he professional and detail oriented, he took the time to personalize our ceremony and made it feel like he'd known us for years.

Sent on 03/17/2020

Kelcie Griffith · Married on 05/24/2020

Rick is the best!

COVID-19 hit and we didn’t think we would be able to get married until next year sometime. Rick helped us make it happen with a very small ceremony! He is extremely responsive and great to work with. We have nothing but good things to say about him. He is very easy to work with and gives great suggestions for the ceremony. We were looking at a very short ceremony, but with his additions we were able to extend it a little bit longer. We are very thankful we found him and he could help us with our special day. HIGHLY recommend Rick!!

Sent on 06/08/2020
  • Genevieve

Genevieve · Married on 10/05/2019

Easy and tailored to us

After finding Rick on wedding wire, we met with him and immediately knew we needed to hire him. Not only was he incredibly personable, but he ensured us that our ceremony was going to reflect us as a couple and tailored specifically to us. We were able to read the ceremony script and add/subtract anything we wanted, and Rick was always available for insight and any help that we may need. On the day of, he went through everything perfectly. He also ensured that our marriage certificate was mailed to the county offices so we didn't have to worry about that! It was such a painless experience and u would highly recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 12/07/2019

Leeza Frantz · Married on 09/23/2019

Fantastic Wedding Officiant

Rick was a wonderful officiant on our special day. He was very thorough and responsive throughout the discovery process, getting to know us as a couple and weaving in personalized anecdotes into the ceremony. He was warm, professional and clearly very much enjoys his role in joining two people together. We would highly recommend Rick!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Rachel · Married on 09/21/2019

Best Officiant

If you are looking for a wedding officiant look no further! Rick was absolutely amazing to work with throughout our entire wedding planning process and on our wedding day.

From the first call we had with Rick, we could immediately tell his professionalism and dedication to what he does. His officiant business is his passion project (his real profession is a school superintendent) and he put a ton of effort into making our ceremony the best it could be.

He interviewed both my husband and I separately and got to know us and our stories so he could put together a custom ceremony that included a lot about who we are and our love for each other.

All of our guests had nothing but amazing things to say about Rick and his performance during our ceremony.

We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding officiant. Thanks so much Rick!

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa Tam · Married on 09/14/2019

Rick was utterly amazing!

Rick did an utterly amazing job officiating our wedding! He took the time beforehand to really get to know us, and had some great ideas that made our ceremony fun, personalized, and just perfect all around. He was extremely professional, organized, and responsive. I would recommend him to anyone. Thank you Rick!

Sent on 12/13/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 07/13/2019

Thank you, Rick!

It was an absolute pleasure working with Rick. During our initial meeting, he had a professional, easy-going demeanor that we were instantly drawn to. He made the entire process so simple, and yet completely customized for our big day. Our guests raved about him after the ceremony and couldn't believe we'd only known him for a few months. Absolutely perfect. Thank you, Rick!

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 06/22/2019

Excellent Officiant!!!!!! We couldn't be happier!!!!!!

Rick was an amazing officiant. Our original officiant canceled a couple of months before the wedding and I was in a panic. I searched wedding wire and listened to many officiants and LOVED Rick's weddings, his voice, his words, and how professional he was. I set up and phone meeting and instantly knew I wanted Rick to officiate my wedding. Before the wedding I had several phone meetings with Rick where he customized my wedding and made it truly special. He got to know me and my fiance before the wedding and added in special detail. I loved everything about my wedding and I LOVED having Rick as our officiant. My officant canceling was the best thing to happen to us because having Rick was truly an honor. I can't say enough positive things about him! All my friends and family would agree, it was truly a special day and ceremony performed by Rick. I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Caylin

Caylin Hublit · Married on 06/14/2019

Such a wonderful officiant!

We were looking for an officiant that was personable, eloquent, and professional. Rick was all of this and more! Even from a long distance (we were getting married across the country from where we live), he guided us in creating a romantic, touching, and personal ceremony plan. He even did private interviews with us both to add small touches to the ceremony that we didn’t expect. We highly recommend Rick!

Sent on 12/07/2019

Casey · Married on 02/04/2019

Rick was awesome! I really enjoyed talking with him when we were preparing our ceremony. He patiently answered all my questions and allowed me to make as many changes as I wanted. We even changed our minds about something the day of haha We highly recommend using Rick for your wedding officiant.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Chelsea Frazer · Married on 11/11/2018

Wonderful and Thoughtful Wedding Officiant

I found Rick through Wedding Wire and I was very glad I did. My husband, Tommy, and I are from Vancouver, Canada but our wedding was in Palm Springs. Even though we were only able to chat to Rick via phone leading up to the wedding, he immediately connected through his comfortable style and personality. We loved how he tailored the ceremony and made it feel very much like us. So many guests complimented the ceremony and asked how we were able to find him.

Very very pleased with Rick service and would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Ashley · Married on 11/04/2018

Rick Grove is the best officiant -- Highly recommended ☆☆☆☆☆

We found Rick Grove through Wedding Wire and were so happy to have went with him as our officiant, as everything went extremely well. Our guests came up to us after the ceremony and only had great things to say about the readings and ceremony. Rick was easy to communicate with and was very responsive and helpful. He even personalized the service with personal facts about us after speaking with both of us individually. It was nice to have someone officiate our wedding that was professional, friendly and made our big day special. Rick was very well-dressed and came fully prepared with his smart device and a hard copy backup of the ceremony. He was such an invaluable resource and we would highly recommend his services to anyone in the San Diego, Del Mar and Carlsbad area. Thank you so much, Rick! We loved having you help us tie the knot and are eternally grateful for the wonderful service you provided!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Thomas Strand · Married on 10/28/2018

Professional and prepared

It was a pleasure having Rick officiate our wedding. Numerous people came up to us after the ceremony to tell us how much they enjoyed him as an officiant. I highly recommend!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Robert · Married on 10/20/2018

Thoughtful, professional, and personable.

My wife and I are very happy we decided to go with Rick as our wedding officiant. Initially, we considered having a friend get ordained, but after meeting Rick we knew he would be a great fit as he is experienced and very well spoken. Also, Rick kept my wife and I involved throughout the process. From our initial meeting through the ceremony (and after) Rick has been thoughtful, professional, courteous, and very personable. The ceremony proceeded without a hitch and Rick had a great command of the crowd. If you are looking for an excellent officiant my wife and I highly recommend Rick.

Sent on 11/11/2018
  • Hayley

Hayley · Married on 10/13/2018

Professional officiant

Rick officiated our wedding and the rehearsal ceremony.. Rick prepared us well for our big day. He was very organized and made us feel comfortable and like we knew him for years. We highly recommend him and recommend including him in the ceremony rehearsal.

Rick will customize to your vision of a ceremony

Sent on 10/17/2018

Janelle · Married on 10/05/2018

Rick was so fantastic. He got to know my fiance and me so the ceremony was personal. He had great suggestions but was also open to what we wanted to include/exclude from our day. We received many compliments regarding Rick and our ceremony. He's top notch!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Kristi · Married on 10/04/2018

We interviewed 3 officiants and knew right away Rick was our guy! He has a calm and caring personality and was very easy to work with. Thanks so much Rick!!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Safina · Married on 09/08/2018

Great choice for my wedding

Rick was well worth the money spent for an officiant and went above and beyond to get to know us and prepare for our wedding. Would highly recommend getting someone who gives amazing service like him! Thank you Rick!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Michael Roll · Married on 06/16/2018

Excellent officiant!

Rick was the officiant for our wedding in Rancho Valencia. He was excellent. Good communication and took time to get to know my wife and me, as well as our history together. Nothing but good things to say about him and would not hesitate to recommend him at all!!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Megan · Married on 06/02/2018

Incredible Officiant

My (now) husband and I are so happy that we found Rick Grove. His officiating of our wedding was absolutely perfect and his ability to work with us and create the perfect ceremony was fantastic! Both of us are very busy with work and Rick was even able to work around our schedules to speak with us over the phone and via e-mail to create a truly amazing ceremony. We received a lot of compliments from our wedding guests on how great the ceremony was thanks to Rick. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 11/24/2018

Tiffany · Married on 05/27/2018

We highly recommend! Rick was great! Fast responses and very helpful with the process! Exactly what we were looking for.

Sent on 06/18/2018