Rich's Catering & Special Events Reviews

165 | Buffalo, NY

165 Reviews for Rich's Catering & Special Events

Lisa Wheeler · Married on 12/21/2019

The Best Decision for venue

Where do we begin.. our daughter’s wedding was 10/12/19. Steve and Taylor went above and beyond to make this day the best ! Unfortunately, my husband had a medical event at the beginning of the reception and was not able to be part of this. Taylor and the Rich’s team handled this unfortunate circumstance with such calmness, professionalism and were beyond comforting to our family and guests.. and made sure the evening was the best for our daughter and family. We then planned a surprise mini wedding redo for our daughter and father of the bride so they could have the time as father/daughter and an opportunity to enjoy the reception together with our family and friends. At first, it was a difficult decision whether to do this at Rich’s due to the tragic event that night, but when I met with Steve and he mentioned the idea of trying to make this all appear seamless, we decided to have this at Rich’s. There are no words to describe this event last evening.. from the surprise, Steve and Taylor greeting us at the door, everything from lights, backdrops, food, bartenders, servers, etc... it could not have been more perfect. This venue is amazing and Steve and Taylor made a difficult situation the best it could be. We now have closure and our family and friends were there to share in the special moments... life long memories of an amazing experience put together by these wonderful people!! In addition Whirlin Disc went above and beyond who reached out to us as they wanted to do something special as they were there the night of the wedding. The owner reached out to my son in law and offered to do the redo for us.
    Best decision ever!! We will be forever grateful for their care and concern for us.. thank you !! Lisa Wheeler

Sent on 12/22/2019
  • Kayme

Kayme A Crowell · Married on 11/10/2019

Simply the best in wny!

My experience is probably a bit difference than most. Initially when I reached out to Rich's catering online, I was told I was out of their zone for an offsite wedding, being 55 miles south of Buffalo. But, Steve Guagliardi (director of catering) being the professional he is, called me the next day. He wanted to ask me a few questions regarding my upcoming wedding before he checked me off the list. I pleaded with him and told him after doing hours of research on local caterers, i don't have a plan B. Rich's catering is the only caterer that I believe is capable of executing what i desire on my wedding day. Steve told me he would take my information to his team and see if they are willing to make an exception to do my wedding. You see, not only was i asking them to go outside of their zone, but, I was asking them to do this all in less than 5 weeks due to my father's recent terminal diagnosis. Steve called me back within 2 days and told me he spoke to his team and they are all on board to make this happen. I cried. Steve sprung into action and started writing down all of my wishes. At this time he brought in Jennifer Fischer. Together they took on all of my EXTREMELY detailed requests. Their cake baker changed their raspberry filling to my liking, they learned how how to serve a 82 pound parmesan wheel to my guests, they graciously gathered truffles, specific seasonings and a slew of wood platters all the while scheduling the fireworks, shuttle buses, tents and bathrooms. They didn't miss a mark. My guests said the food was the best they ever had. They nailed it because they cared. That's what sets them apart from everyone else. I am forever grateful. Steve and Jen, thank you for being the best. I wish for every bride to have the experience i did. Thank you kindly, Kayme and Henry.

Sent on 11/30/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 11/02/2019

Perfect day! 100% would recommend

Rich’s helped make our day perfect! Everything from special food accommodations to the flow of the night, and service were amazing. I had no worries the day of the wedding and that is all a bride can ask for! Maureen, Erin, and Michelle did a phenomenal job and every one of my guests said it was the “best wedding ever” so I can not thank them enough!

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 09/27/2019

100% would recommend!

Our wedding at Rich’s was beyond our expectations. Everything was perfect from the food to the beautiful venue itself. We had both our ceremony behind the fireplace and our reception here and everything went off without a hitch. Steve helped us plan our wedding from out of state and we could not be more grateful. Rich’s has everything you need - which is a plus so you don’t need to coordinate a bunch of different vendors. We would have our wedding here again without a doubt!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Taylor · Married on 09/21/2019

Perfect venue!

Rich’s was absolutely amazing! Everything was perfect from the food to the decor. We literally couldn’t have asked for more. Steve was so incredible to work with, he handled everything!

Sent on 09/26/2019

Christopher Grisanti · Married on 09/21/2019

Perfect Wedding

We were guests at Rich’s for a Wedding a few years back and loved the venue, so when it came time to pick our own they were already high on our list of options. After going through it for our own Wedding it blew us away even more. They take care of everything for you down to the last detail and really make sure your Wedding is truly the best day of your life. Between Steve and Taylor they took care of everything and made the night absolutely perfect. The value your get with such a great venue is second to none in the Buffalo area. If you are considering Rich’s I would tell you to lock them down before it’s too late, you will not regret it!!

Sent on 11/30/2019

Emily Buerger · Married on 09/14/2019

Absolutely perfect

We cannot say enough about how wonderful Rich’s is. We got married at the atrium and everything was perfect. Every detail thought of. We worked with Steve from the start and he was so helpful and willing to answer any question we had. The day of the space looked beautiful and everything I hoped it would be. The customer service was fantastic and everyone was so friendly and accommodating. We are still getting compliments a couple weeks later about how beautiful the place was and great the food was. Steve, Erin (our day of assistant coordinator, and the whole staff helped make our wedding the best day ever and we are forever grateful.

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Elias

Elias John Broderick · Married on 08/24/2019

Nothing short of perfection

We began our wedding planning a year and a half before our actual day. Maureen was our point of contact and she handled every request, email and change with upmost professionalism. Our numbers kept changing and she was right there to recalculate our budget and make sure that everything we wanted (and then some) would work. I never once worried that our vision for our special day would be compromised. Upon walking into our venue it hit me that our vision was brought to life exactly how we had envisioned and every detail, down to the scented candles was executed to perfection. The food (we did an extended cocktail hour) which consisted of 5 passed hour's devours and 3 fixed food stations were a HUGE hit. Our guests couldn't stop raving about the Mac and Cheese and Mashed Potato Stations that we selected. We included a S'mores Station as well, which just added to the interactive wedding we had planned. We chose to have a more casual reception with Leather Sofas for seating and Cabaret tables spread around the room. It really brought the lounge/club feel we were going for to life in an epic way! From start to finish Rich's nailed every aspect of our wedding, better then I could have imagined. I highly recommend them to cater any event you may have in mind. They can literally do anything and if you can get Maureen to be your point of contact, you will certainly be in for an event beyond your imagination. We can not thank the entire team for making our day one to remember not only to us, but our guests as well! THANK YOU!!! The Brodericks!

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Raegan

Raegan · Married on 08/03/2019

Wedding at Rapid's Theatre

Maureen from Rich's Catering was an absolute pleasure to work with. She went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect. From the decorations to the food, everything was fantastic.

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Allie

Allie · Married on 08/03/2019

A Fabulous August Wedding Reception

We had the most wonderful experience with the Atrium at Rich's for our daughter's wedding! She is out of the country and Steve, our coordinator at Rich's was extremely on point, organized with lots of suggestions, communicated as often as we requested - which was very often and very detailed - by e-mail, telephone, and at our meetings. We requested many extras and incorporated many personal situational experiences into the reception and Steve incorporated them all with no problem! He fit everything into the timeline, and there was quite alot to fit in. The Atrium was transformed into an Art Gallery, Ballroom, and a Cocktail Area with Video; a true Wedding Gala! The fireplace is beautiful. The ambiance was even better than we expected and the food was great! They also accommodated our request for a special menu. The sparkler send off was handled expertly by Melissa and Taylor. Everyone has been raving about the evening and we continue to receive fantastic accolades. I did not think we could achieve perfection, but that is exactly what all of our guests have stated! Our daughter and new son-in-law were so very happy! We need to say thank you here to Steve for putting up with us for close to a year. He was fantastic. Ask for Steve! We know you will love your reception here as well!

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 08/03/2019

The Perfect Wedding

We got married on August 3rd, 2019 at Shea's Performing Arts Theater. It was absolutely magical. Jennifer was in charge of our event through Rich's and she was wonderful. She communicated with the venue seamlessly and made the entire experience easy and beautiful. It felt like everyone really cared about how my husband and I were feeling. It meant so much to us. We highly recommend Rich's Catering for any events, especially Shea's. Oh! And people STILL talk to me about how good the food was and how every dish came out hot and at the same time. Excellent!

Sent on 11/03/2019

Kelli · Married on 07/27/2019

Wedding of Our Dreams

Steve and his team did an incredible job with our wedding! Every detail was perfect and the food was amazing. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to!

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Mary

Mary Gambino · Married on 07/06/2019

Best Wedding Ever!

From the moment we met with Steve G. at Rich's, we knew we were in good hands.
    He has been nothing but professional and thorough. Rich's food, service, attention to detail was the best! Not only were my husband and I in awe but so were ALL of our guests and especially the bride and groom. The food was topnotch from the passed appetizers, to the cheese display to the white glove service at dinner, dessert and then the fabulous late night food (pizza/wings and pretzels with cheese). Not only is Steve a great wedding event planner but he is also a great ice scupturer! We could not have asked for a better wedding day for our daughter. We highly recommend Rich's!!!!

Sent on 07/11/2019

Jen G · Married on 07/06/2019

Dream Come True Wedding!

Rich’s was absolutely amazing! They exceeded our expectations. Steve and the staff were so professional and on top of everything all night!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Alison Hastings · Married on 07/05/2019

Best Wedding Ever!

We had our wedding on July 5th, 2019 with Rich’s Catering at the Rapids Theater in Niagara Falls and it was perfect beyond belief!! Maureen and Erin from Rich’s catering were the BEST! They were organized, professional, personable and kind. Maureen made the whole wedding planning process a breeze. Thanks to her, I was not stress or nervous once throughout the entire process! The entire serving staff from Rich’s was professional, efficient and nice. The food from Rich’s was AMAZING! We had a sit down dinner and ALL 130 meals were hot, flavorful and delicious! You will NOT leave a Rich’s Catering wedding hungry! From the appetizers, to the main course, to the desserts, there were so many delicious options and choices! All 130 wedding guests are STILL talking about the food, staff and venue!! If you are looking for a BEAUTIFUL location with delicious food, a wide variety of centerpieces and decorations and an AWESOME wedding coordinator and staff please pick Rich’s Catering and the Rapids Theater!! You will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 07/25/2019

Chelsey · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing venue and staff

From start to finish Steve was amazing and was very responsive and helpful with everything we needed/asked for. The week of the wedding Steve and Ashley both helped us with everything we needed. The night of our wedding everyone was very catering to us and the whole staff team was amazing and easy to work with. Ashley always checked in on us to see how we were doing and to see if we needed a drink. I would highly recommend this venue and staff to everyone!

Sent on 07/12/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Storey · Married on 06/29/2019

Above and Beyond expected

Rich's catering was the best decision we made for our wedding. The coordination of day was flawless. Jennifer was our point person and she was beyond helpful. We was available to answer any and all questions before the wedding and was there the day of to make sure everything went perfectly. The food was fantastic. All guests in enjoyed the variety of appetizers and entrees. The wedding cake was delicious and beautiful. I would recommend Rich's catering to anyone hosting a wedding or large event!

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 06/22/2019

Best day Ever!

The staff at Rich's went out of their way to make sure that everything for our wedding went smoothly. They made the planning easy and painless. Seeing everything come together on our wedding day was amazing. The staff was attentive to our needs as well as those of our guests. I received many praises from guests who said the food was delicious to how friendly and attentive the staff was. Rich's truly made our day perfect in every way!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Amanda Gebhardt · Married on 06/08/2019

Wedding Reception

My husband and I knew the moment we walked into Rich's during venue shopping that it would be the place to host our dream wedding. Steve, our event coordinator, made that feeling even more assuring once we met him. You can customize your wedding to fit your budget and ideas. Walking in that day was a breathtaking experience. It looked stunning. We heard nothing but wonderful feedback from our guests about the amazing food and beautiful venue. Secure surveillanced parking outside is an added bonus. We heard from guests that ours was one of the best weddings they have ever attended! Thank you to Steve and Ashley for making our day so amazing and one we will never forget!!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Andrea · Married on 05/25/2019

Andrea & Reid Wedding 5/25/19

ABSOLUTE PERFECTION! You made our wedding the most magical day. Your staff is absolutely phenomenal and so attentive. Steve Guagliardi and his team were exceptional and met all of our expectations if not more! The food and service was outstanding. You are truly a one of a kind venue! FIVE Stars. Our families couldn’t say one negative thing about you! 💕

Sent on 06/12/2019

Kevin Latone · Married on 05/11/2019

Absolutely Amazing Experience!

Our wedding of 260 people at The Atrium at Rich's was absolutely perfect in every way! The level of ease, professionalism, and quality could not have been any better since the very first day we met with Steve and the Rich's team. The wedding planning process was simple, and the Rich's team was able to cater to every single request that we had. The food was incredible, and the service was top notch. Everything was perfect, from the cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres and drinks, to the main course meals. We received a ton of compliments from family and friends about the delicious food! The reception space was plenty big enough to accommodate our large wedding, but still had the intimate feel of a smaller wedding. Not to mention the place looked absolutely gorgeous; you can customize the space as much or as little as you want (the team there also had great recommendations to make everything easy). All-in-all we could not have asked for a better outcome with our wedding. I highly recommend this venue to anyone who wants to have a perfect wedding experience! Thanks Steve and the Rich's event staff!

Sent on 06/05/2019

Gianna D Pelosi · Married on 01/05/2019

Amazing quality & customer service

Jennifer and the team at Rich's went above & beyond for our wedding at Shea's. The food was amazing! Additionally, they helped with setting up our decor items, providing linens and were always so accommodating on any requests we had. They are responsive, customer friendly, and extremely knowledgeable. I highly recommend working with them!

Sent on 02/13/2019
  • Rita

Rita · Married on 11/17/2018

An Incredible Experience

Our entire experience at Rich's was amazing. From the first time we met with them, they made us feel like we were their number one priority. Throughout planning the wedding, any question we had was answered promptly by staff. Steve was extremely helpful with everything; he is a wedding planning guru! Our guests commented throughout the night and in the days following the wedding about how attentive the staff were to them and how special everyone felt. We were truly treated like royalty and hope every bride and groom is as lucky as we were to feel this way on their wedding day. Not a day goes by where we don't think about that magical day and how Rich's took the fairy-tale we were envisioning and made it come to life.

Sent on 01/16/2019

Brittany · Married on 11/17/2018

From start to finish amazing service

Our wedding ceremony and reception was held at Rapid's Theatre with catering by Rich's. Maureen was absolutely AMAZING! Not only did she make selecting our menu and reception decor a breeze she also made it such a fun experience and we were so blessed to have her help before, during and on our wedding day! The entire Rich's catering staff was top notch and the food was also phenomenal!

Sent on 03/04/2019

Natalie Coppola · Married on 11/10/2018

100% Recommend!!!!!

My husband and I invited over 400 guests to our wedding and therefore were looking at many large venues in Buffalo. We were absolutely blown away by Rich's Atrium remodel! On top of the beautiful and spacious facility, the staff at Rich's made planning a 400 person wedding easy! They were extremely accommodating, professional, and organized. Steve G emailed us back at any time of the day or night with any questions we had. Our guests raved about the delicious food, attentive service, and beautiful space Rich's provided as well. One couple even decided to have their wedding there after attending ours! We would highly recommend Rich's!!!

Sent on 01/09/2019