Reverend Katherine Reviews

13 Reviews for Reverend Katherine

• Chris

Chris Tamara · Married on 11/01/2019

It was Fabulous!

Rev. Katherine was fabulous! Not only was she able to accommodate us in a really short time line, but she walked us seamlessly through the process with what to expect before during and after the ceremony! We were so happy to have her join us in marriage and especially loved that she included our little quirks in her script! It was an all around great experience with a personal touch!

Sent on 11/04/2018
  • Cynthia

Cynthia Anderson-Bauer · Married on 09/21/2019

Katie was amazing!

We loved working with Katie! She was incredibly flexible during the planning process and open to our perspective about the specifics we wanted for our wedding service. She is a great public speaker, able to improvise effectively and professionally if anything goes wrong during the service. We are so happy to have had her as our officiant!

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Kat

Kat Safreed · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing Experience!

Rev. Katherine was just amazing! From start to finish, she was helpful, kind, and really felt like part of the family! One thing I was most worried about was that my husband and I are not religious, and our families are a mix of Irish Catholic, Methodist, Southern Baptist, and unaffiliated Christian with varying degrees of religiousness throughout. Every. Single. Person. LOVED our ceremony. Everyone. And not only that, Rev. Katherine was able to make the ceremony something that was meaningful and beautiful to both myself and my husband. One thing in particular was that I had offhandedly mentioned my favorite book series and how I wished I could find a good quote to use. SHE FOUND A QUOTE. And she put it in the ceremony and it was amazing. I am so happy that we had Rev. Katherine be our officiant. She created such an atmosphere of love and inclusion and I'll be always so thankful!

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 10/13/2018

A great experience

Rev. Katherine was such a great find! She really takes the time to understand you as a couple, and craft a very personal ceremony that is so meaningful to you and all your guests. She is a great fit for offbeat couples and is open to all kinds of people and whatever format of ceremony you could possibly want. It's so nice to encounter truly great people in this world and I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Christina · Married on 09/02/2018

My husband and I were an absolute disaster when it came to ceremony planning. We can throw a party for sure, but the writing was another story. Katherine not only graciously put up with us, she wrote us a perfectly custom ceremony and helped us through a Murphy's-Law-Series-of-Unfortunate-Events-level-hilarious ceremony that multiple guests immediately called the best wedding they'd ever been to. Even my ultra-Catholic grandfather said it was weird but a lot of fun! She truly knows how to walk the line and create a unique ceremony you'll love without letting you offend anyone! We could not have chosen anyone better.

Sent on 09/06/2018

Julie · Married on 04/28/2018

Rev. Katherine was so, so lovely to work with! She took the time to get to know us as a couple, and the ceremony she wrote for us was personal and perfect. (We actually had multiple guests comment after the ceremony that it was so "us" - wow!) She was amazing at accommodating our mix of religious+atheist beliefs with no judgement, and easily integrated all the specific details we discussed. It was very important to us to find an officiant who actively supported our feminist and progressive beliefs, and I could tell immediately that Katherine was on our same wavelength. She is smart and kind, and also a lot of fun! We felt completely relaxed and comfortable working with her, and would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Nicole · Married on 06/24/2017

Our ceremony was absolutely the most amazing element of our wedding, which is saying a lot because our photographer and food and venue were wonderful! She worked with us to craft a ceremony that felt sacred without being overtly religious, had the amount of seriousness that respected the weight of the commitment we were making while still being joyful and funny, and was also feminist and equitable. She helped us to consider the important questions of what we hoped for in our marriage and helped us to assemble vows that embodied what we wanted to promise and hope for in our marriage. She is also incredibly insightful - her marriage address alluded to values we share that I don't think we every explicitly told her about; she just picked them up from talking with us. Reverend Katherine was also an incredible presence during the rehearsal and on the day of the wedding - she provided such equanimity and calm in the midst of so much crazy. We received so many compliments on the ceremony from our guests - people told us it was the best ceremony they'd ever been to, an Uncle told us he was so happy that this was the first wedding his teenage daughters had gone to because there ceremony emphasized equity, and many, many people told us that the ceremony just "felt like [us]."

Sent on 08/10/2017

Kate · Married on 06/03/2017

Katherine helped create and officiated our ceremony last month, and she was absolutely amazing to work with. My husband and I are not religious, and without a prescribed format to work with, we knew we needed professional help. Katherine gave us all the guidance we needed to create a ceremony that we were both happy with, and many of our friends and family mentioned how much they enjoyed it. She also projects a real sense of calm and knowledge throughout the process, which was really helpful in dealing with wedding prep stress. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 07/01/2017

Alice · Married on 04/08/2017

Katie was wonderful - extremely responsive, full of great ideas and a delight to work with. She helped us plan our ceremony from scratch, giving us ideas for how to include our family and friends and suggesting excellent readings. We had the perfect ceremony - thank you Katie!

Sent on 06/03/2017
  • I

Isabel · Married on 12/31/2014

Katie supports love, period. It was a pleasure to work with Reverend Katie. My husband and I had a lot of input on our ceremony, our vows, and specific requests because we are not particularly religious. Katie never judged our choices, always had great insight, and thoughtful suggestions to make our ceremony unforgettable and most importantly ours. We had a secular ceremony. For example, we had poems read instead of scripture, both sets of parents walked both the bride and groom to the altar, and Katie successfully interpreted this couple’s inside joke into an amazing, thought-provoking, and personal homily. She flew all the way to Augusta, GA from Boston, MA to perform our ceremony. We never had any issues communicating with her, and we always felt like she was on our side. Katie is a true professional, and you won’t regret hiring her as your officiant. She brought a sense of peace to my hectic event, and she was one of the reasons my wedding was so special.

Sent on 07/06/2016

Emily · Married on 10/05/2013

First up, Katie is absolutely amazing. You should stop reading my review and just hire her. She will make your ceremony PERFECT. But if you want more details here we go.

Now, I'm not particularly religious, my husband a little more so, but my parents are and definitely wanted the ceremony to be solemn affair. I wanted it to be entertaining, humorous, and personalized to match the sprit the hubs and I. (Also, I find a lot of wedding stuff kinda sexist and stuff.) Katie was able to balance these needs pitch perfectly. The ceremony was funny, specific, and personalized but also spiritual, classy, and meaningful. (She even made every reference to God non gender specific! Yay!) Even though our ceremony was plagued with TONS of audio issues due to our horrible DJ, nobody remembers that, everyone just remembers Katie's words. My parents and I were both so happy with how everything turned out. (Quite a feat!) So yeah, if you want an amazing ceremony tailored to your specific needs, hire Katie. If you want a generic, meh, ceremony go with anyone else.

Sent on 08/18/2016

Michelle · Married on 08/20/2017

Thanks to Reverend Katherine, our ceremony was my favorite part of the wedding. We knew from the first phone call that she would work with us to write a great ceremony, but we were blown away when it all came together. Her celebrant's speech wove in concepts and values that are deeply important to us, but that we had never explicitly talked about with her. Guests kept asking us how we knew her -- many assumed she was a good friend of ours because the ceremony reflected us so perfectly. The process of crafting the ceremony was a great opportunity to reaffirm what we love about each other and to think critically about what marriage means to us. Katherine asked thoughtful, specific questions about whether we wanted gendered language, what words we liked and didn't like when talking about marriage, and why we wanted to be married. At the rehearsal and the wedding, Katherine was a calming presence amidst the chaos and we knew we were in good hands. We cannot recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 09/09/2017

Emily · Married on 12/23/2016

3.5

Katherine was really accommodating and so helpful when it came to putting together our somewhat atypical vows. I really appreciated her help and she was great on the day of the wedding, a really calming presence through all the chaos. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 03/06/2017