Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant Reviews

Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant 5
Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant 6
Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant 7

Pam · Married on 08/12/2017

Barbara Mulford was always there to answer any questions or concerns that we had. She provided a ceremony that was definitely us. It was relaxed, fun and beautiful.
    Couldn't have picked a better officiant for our 8/12/17 wedding.
    Thank you so much for being apart of our day.
    Pam and Mike Locke, Virginia

Sent on 08/17/2017

Kimberly · Married on 08/01/2017

On July 29th, three days before our wedding ceremony the island was under a mandatory evacuation for all visitors due to the island wide power outage. Emotions ran high as we could not believe another obstacle would stand in the way of their dream wedding. Luckily we found a hotel in Nags Head for a few days and Barbara and Jenni ( Epic Photography) agreed to change the location off the island, to make their wedding dreams come true. It may have only been us and our three children, but is was the most beautiful wedding I could ever dreamed of. Barbara was so sweet and her sermon was so heartfelt it brought my husband and I to tears. The short time we had with Barbara made you feel like you knew her years and we will never forget the beautiful ceremony she performed.

Sent on 08/29/2017

Jennifer · Married on 07/22/2017

Barbara was fantastic to work with! Very kind and professional. She made our ceremony unique to our requests and special.

Sent on 07/24/2017

S · Married on 06/21/2017

Thank you so much for a wonderful ceremony in obx! You took the time to get to know us before hand, putting us so at ease & you were wonderful with our family. Everyone there remarked how great they thought you were. The Braggs, Ohio.

Sent on 07/03/2017

Alice · Married on 05/24/2017

You will not go wrong with Barbara. She is incredible. We contacted her to officiate our elopement ceremony just two weeks before the big day. She was so supportive and helpful and efficient. Her words during the ceremony were so beautiful they brought me to tears!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Tracey · Married on 05/19/2017

If you're planning on getting married/eloping in the Outer Banks NC, do yourself a favor and have Barbara Mulford perform your ceremony. Not only is she very professional and more than qualified, she is also very kind and truly happy to be part of your special day. I am so happy we found her. It was perfect!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Melissa · Married on 05/04/2017

Barbara was the perfect choice for our wedding officiant. She goes above and beyond to make sure that her couples have answers to all their questions. She also offers great suggestions and references for additional vendors in the Outer Banks so that you aren’t choosing a vendor at random. I often reached out to Barbara when I was stressed out regarding other details of wedding planning and she always responded with great patience and advice. She also made an effort to get to know my husband and I before our wedding even though we live in another state. Any time that we were in town, she would try her best to meet up with us for coffee or lunch. In the days leading up to the wedding, Barbara was very organized and full of information. She provided us with a written copy of the proposed ceremony so that we could review and discuss it together ahead of time and she took care of all the details of the marriage license once we picked it up from the county. Our guests also mentioned that they were able to hear her entire ceremony, which is sometimes difficult to do in the winds that blow across the beach.

Barbara is a wonderful person who we look forward to keeping in touch with and visiting each time we are in the Outer Banks. We would recommend her to anyone looking for the perfect OBX Wedding Officiant.

Jamie and Melissa
    May 4, 2017

Sent on 05/13/2017

AMY · Married on 04/10/2017

Barbara was one of the best decisions we made regarding our destination wedding on April 10th, 2017. She was always fast to respond, easy to contact/communicate with, and always open to all ideas we had regarding our ceremony. She had the natural ability to relate to us and use our ideas and personalities to create the best ceremony we could have asked for. She is professional, courteous, and you won't go wrong with her performing your ceremony! !! Thanks for our special day Barbara!
    Amy and Jon Bryant
    4/10/2017....OBX Beachfront

Sent on 04/16/2017

Sara · Married on 03/19/2017

Barbara was a dream to work with. Our first phone consultation was wonderful and really put my mind at ease about someone capturing our relationship and giving us the ceremony we wanted. Barbara sent lots of ideas to help with vows and readings and was also helpful with the handfasting we wanted to include. She was flexible when we need to make changes in the ceremony and even changing the day becauae of weather!! The book she made was beautiful and we will treasure her help in putting together the perfect ceremony for us!

Sent on 04/09/2017

Erica · Married on 03/08/2017

Barbara was beyond amazing! She was very accommodating throughout all of our planning. She delivered a beautiful ceremony with meaningful words and put us at ease with directions throughout the event. I honestly cant recommend her enough!! You can definitely tell that she puts her heart into it and that she truly cares about her clients. She took the time to talk to us and get to know a little about us to make sure that her delivery was tailored toward us. She has such a joyful demeanor that without a doubt transcended into our ceremony. We are truly so grateful for her and feel so blessed that someone so special married us!

Sent on 04/05/2017

Barbara,

We just want to thank you for being a part of our special day. Every detail of the ceremony is perfect and we couldn't wish for a more perfect officiant. Communicating by email is very hard since were from another state but you gave us your assurance that we don't need to worry because you'll give us the perfect wedding ceremony that we have imagined, and you did. You exceeded our expectations. We really felt how passionate and good you are at what you do. From the bottom of our hearts thank you.
    Meng&Marie

Sent on 10/20/2016

Amy · Married on 09/20/2016

My ceremony was nothing but super and Barbara was a part of that. I truly couldn't of asked for anything better. After our meetings and emails back and forth I was completely comfortable that everything would go off without a hitch. I was completely shocked when we decided to write our own vowels and Barbara had them laminated so we could see them and so that the elements of the beach wouldn't destroy them. Our wedding book is one of our treasures. Thank you so much !!!!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Stephanie · Married on 09/16/2016

I would absolutely pick Barbara! She was very nice and takes the time to get to know you! She helped so much with our vows I couldn't ask for anything better! She is a wonderful wonderful person and I would recommend her to anyone!!!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Kristen · Married on 08/08/2016

Barbara was exceptional from our first phone call. We were from out-of-state and she provided helpful information on selecting everything we needed. She put us at ease the second we met her and put on a beautiful ceremony. Everything she said and included was just perfect. We had guests from all backgrounds and beliefs and everyone loved it. Just beautiful!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Kelly · Married on 07/22/2016

Barbara was simply amazing. From the first time I spoke with her, I knew she was the one we would choose to perform our ceremony. I explained that our wedding would be fairly small and that a quarter of our guest would children. I also explained that I wanted my son to walk me down the aisle and that he was autistic. I wasn't sure what the reaction would be but, she met my request with delightful kindness and humor. Her prices were reasonable and I even got a nursing discount. Our ceremony was everything that we envisioned and more; many of our guest said it was not only the best wedding they had ever attended but the most fun as well. Several of our guest assumed we were long time friends, but in fact we met her when we hired her for our wedding; though we feel as though we have made a life long friend. I would recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant. "Thank you," Barbara for making our day so very special, for inserting humor, making it relaxed, and allowing us to have our children be a part of not only the day, but a special part of the ceremony. You are simply the best! ~Kelly & Chucky Wheaton

Sent on 08/18/2016
  • Kacey

Kacey · Married on 07/09/2016

Barbara was simply AMAZING! My now husband and I live in Maryland and she made planning a destination wedding a piece of cake. We met her via Skype the summer before our wedding and instantly loved her and knew we wanted her to officiate our wedding.

She was always very quick to respond to emails and helpful with answering our questions — anything from what type of ceremony we wanted to how to go about obtaining our marriage certificate. Our wedding was July 9th and it was everything we hoped it would be and more!

We met Barbara in person earlier that week at a local coffee shop and she was SO sweet and helpful. We ran through the whole ceremony and she made sure it was exactly what we wanted.

After the ceremony, I was told by a few people that this was one of the most beautifully unique ceremonies they had ever seen. Barbara truly listens to the couple and puts together a ceremony that is not generic, but fits them as a couple.

If you’re looking for a wedding officiant, I without a doubt would HIGHLY recommend Barbara!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Lorna · Married on 06/25/2016

Barbara performed our ceremony in June 2016. She is an amazing person. She, my bestie/MOH, myself, and my then fiancée just clicked. We honestly love her! She is very professional, super friendly, very knowledgeable about different types of ceremonies, a free spirit, and an absolute joy to be around. We couldn’t have found a better person to do our ceremony for us!

Sent on 07/11/2016

radeyah · Married on 06/25/2016

During the course of the wedding planning process, Barbara became a dear friend and someone I know that my friends, Lorna and David, and I will treasure forever. I think it's rare to meet someone like Barbara that listens... not just because she is a vendor contributing to your wedding... but really listening to get to know you better as a person. After the first meeting we all had with her, Lorna, David, and I came away with the same feeling that there was just something about her that was just special. That feeling continued all the way up until the last second of the wedding. You never know what you will encounter selecting an officiant for a destination wedding, but Barbara was a beautiful exception. She made an effort to really know my friends and create a ceremony that not only fit them as a couple but also highlighted her personality and the uniqueness of the beach environment. If you can, make an effort to meet with her in person a couple times before the wedding. She is the most amazing person to be around and you feel as if you're in the presence of someone who is deeply spiritual without ever being preachy or judgmental. She is a true gem and you will be very happy you chose her to be a part of your big day!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Melissa · Married on 06/02/2016

I'd love to give more stars!
    Barbara did a wonderful job. She's such a kind, sweet person. She went above and beyond for us. Even weathered the tail end of Tropical Strom Bonnie with us so we could get married on the beach.
    We'd highly recommend her. She'll add special to your special day.
    Don and Melissa

Sent on 06/03/2016

Angela · Married on 05/14/2016

Barbara was phenomenal! I would highly recommend her to anyone planning an Outer Banks wedding.

Sent on 05/21/2016

Heather · Married on 05/09/2016

I just wanted to say Thank You so much for your services for our wedding!!! We really enjoyed meeting you and everyone commented on what a wonderful service you provided! All compliments to you!!!

Sent on 07/20/2016

Barbara was extremely helpful, organized, fun and professional all at the same time! Barbara made our ceremony a truly pleasant experience. I would recommend her to any future couple getting married at OBX!

Sent on 05/22/2016

Jordyn · Married on 04/27/2016

Barbara was amazing! She made everything so easy through the whole process which was great considering we live 12 hours away and would be up only 4 days before the wedding. She was super flexible and very nice. She made sure that everything was what we wanted. She coordinated with the photographer and us to make sure everything went smoothly and we would get the greatest pictures. She even was great with my autistic brother who just so happened to go into a meltdown during the ceremony... She simply kept on and did not make it a big deal. What could have been a very scary experience turned out to be great just because of how amazing the people we chose to officiate and photograph our wedding. I should also add in that she had a wedding emergency kit and snipped off my strings on my dress so it wouldn't stick out in my photos!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Kelly · Married on 04/26/2016

Barbara was warm and friendly from the moment with starting emailing and absolutely wonderful to work with. She greeted everyone with a smile and a hug! We could not thank her enough for the beautiful ceremony. Our entire family was thrilled with the entire ceremony. It could not have been more perfect for Zach and I! Laid back and beachy, spiritual but not religious was what we asked for and that is exactly what we got. Barbara truly did an amazing job! Anyone getting married in the Outer Banks should call Barbara first!

Sent on 05/01/2016

Joanne · Married on 04/25/2016

She was very sweet and personable, highly recommend her.

Sent on 05/18/2016