Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant Reviews

Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant 6
Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant 7

Jessica · Married on 11/03/2018

Personal, Professional, Perfect!

Words can't describe how grateful we are to have found Rev. Mulford to officiate our wedding!

She was so helpful and patient with us as we planned a wedding in less than 2 weeks! She took the time to get to know us as a couple before she wrote our beautiful traditional vows tailored to us!

Not only was the ceremony beautifully executed by Rev. Mulford but she also assisted us in choosing a vendor for decorations which in turn made the most perfect backdrop for our special day!

So much love and thanks to this woman!

Jacob Vreeland · Married on 10/15/2018

Blessed To Have Babs

Barbara (Babs) was very personal, incredibly helpful as well as very communicative. She was able to tailor our ceremony to meet our needs. From start to finish she did a wonderful job. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant.

• Kelsey

Pameer Angar · Married on 10/04/2018

Barbara The Great

My husband and I got married in Kill Devil Hills at the beginning of October with Barbara as our officiant and we were beyond pleased with her services. From the first meeting with Barbara in May, we knew we wanted her to be there on our special day. She has the kind of friendly personality that makes you feel like you've known her for years and offers a feeling of comfort during a stressful (but exciting!) time. We met with her on multiple occasions, spoke on the phone, and had many e-mail conversations to make sure we were on the same page in the months leading up to our wedding, making it all very simple. Barbara also did a wonderful job honoring my husband and I's different cultures and created the perfect ceremony that combined our religious and cultural beliefs. She does a great job of suggesting things to say or do during the ceremony but doesn't push anything on you and is truly just a considerate, personable, understanding individual and a great officiant.

Sarah Robinson · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing!!!

Barbara did an amazing job with our wedding ceremony. I was planning the wedding from afar and she made things easier by recommending vendors. Barbara's words were beautiful, heartfelt, and genuine for our wedding ceremony. I could not have asked for a better person to marry us than Barbara.

Emily · Married on 09/22/2018

Reverend Barbara Mulford was such an incredible addition to our wedding day. We met with her the previous day to go over vows and the ceremony and even though we had just met, it seemed as though she had known us for years. We opted to go for the hand tying ceremony to incorporate some of the nautical themes and it was perfect for us. Barbara's words were so special and made our ceremony. All of our guests commented on how perfect Barbara's words were. Highly highly highly recommend

Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant 8

Johnna · Married on 09/04/2018

Rev. Barbara Mulford is the best! She created our wonderful ceremony on short notice. She is truly a wonderful person.

Melissa · Married on 08/21/2018

Barbara made our 25th Anniversary Vow Renewal (8/19/18) such a special day for us!! Barbara used the little bit of information about us that we told her about to create such a personal, one of a kind, ceremony!! We can’t thank her enough for everything!!! I would highly recommend Barbara for your ceremony!!

Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant 9

Jennifer · Married on 08/17/2018

Barbara did a wonderful job officiating our wedding. She was very prompt with getting back to us leading up to the wedding, made the effort to get to know myself and my husband, and her experience allowed her to answer all of our questions leading up to the wedding which allowed us to relax and just focus on what really counted...us and our family! She also gave us great suggestions for a photographer and florist, which helped immensely. All of our guests commented on how wonderful and special the ceremony was, which is mostly due to Barbara’s expertise. Thanks for making our day so special!

Russ · Married on 08/01/2018

Responded to emails immediately. Helped set up a surprise vow renewal for my wife and I. Was very accommodating and a pleasure to talk to. The ceremony was exactly what I wanted and my wife loved it. Thanks to Reverend Barbara for helping to create a memorable experience that my family can look back on.

Jennifer · Married on 07/25/2018

Barbara was truly amazing and really made our day something extra special. Barbara was very sweet, helpful and I really felt like she was there for us every step of the way. Even the ladies down at the register of deeds office when we were applying for our marriage license told us we were in very good hands and that she knew what she was doing. And they were right! Our ceremony was absolutely beautiful and our guests were still talking about her service days after the wedding!!

Brenda · Married on 07/04/2018

If you are looking to get married in the Outer Banks Rev. Barbara Mulford is the best . She responds to every email or phone call you make. She is so kind and sweet. She will help with what ever questions you might have. She will even have a safety pin if you need one like I did. Lol You will not go wrong if you choose Barbara.

Steve · Married on 06/18/2018

Barbara did a fantastic job. In the months leading up to the wedding she always responded quickly to questions or any correspondence. She arrived early at our house to go over paper work and knew all aspects of the process. She was very friendly and got to know us. The wedding was on the beach and the ceremony was incredible. Our wedding turned out better than we ever dreamed.

Kim · Married on 06/09/2018

Barbara was an amazing officiant for our sunrise beach wedding in Corolla, NC. I highly recommend her. I would not have wanted anything different for our ceremony. She is the best.

Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant 10
    Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant 11
    Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant 12
    Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant 13

Ashley · Married on 06/08/2018

Simply AMAZING is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of our wedding, and so should you!!!! Barbara was a complete dream! It was like she had known us, our entire lives. She was very professional and compassionate regarding our big day, and delivered a very intimate ceremony. We highly recommend her!!!

Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant 14

Glen · Married on 05/31/2018

Oh what a blessing to have found Barbara. Barbara took the time to get to know both Denise and myself, and to make us feel like family. She walked us though everything. There many things new to us, and it sure how or what to do . No fear, Barbara was just an e-mail, or phone call away, and Denise and I love the Outer Banks, so always looking for a reason to drive down, and spend time with Barbara, and the beach

Mona · Married on 05/27/2018

Barbara was fantastic. She made our ceremony our own. She made it personal, intimate, compassionate and fun.
    She showed up early to the house and met with everyone. She helped with giving my future husband a surprise from me in walking me down the beach to her. :). Her responsiveness and suggestions over the year before our ceremony was so very helpful. Planning a destination wedding is by no means easy, and you rely on the locals to help. That in deed she did. May 27, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. we became husband and wife on the beaches of the Atlantic Ocean. It was a perfect night, perfect weather, with the perfect Officiant.
    Thank you so very much Barbara. It was just PERFECT

Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant 15

Chris · Married on 05/21/2018

Rev Barbara was our instant choice when out of the people we sought information from, she was quick to reply. What sealed the deal was her personality that was eager to make our wedding experience everything we wanted and more.
    She starts the journey with us and graced us all of the way through with her gentle, gracious presence. Her blessing upon our marriage was felt in our souls.
    She also is very affordable!
    Thank you Rev Barbara!

Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant 16

Alicia · Married on 05/17/2018

Barb did such an amazing job with helping us get through our wedding day , she helped me everytime i needed her or when i just needed someone to talk to , she was very calm about our situation and helped me relax when i wanted to panic lol Barb is such a sweet and kind lady and she really cares about her couples ! She answered me all the time with questions i had even at 12am lol , She made our ceremony feel so special and loved and sincere i couldn’t thank her enough , she is seriously the best ! Thank you barb for all you have done for me and ben over the last 8 months and making our special day absolutely amazing !

Gretchen · Married on 05/14/2018

Having been engaged since 2009, we became very excited about an OBX vacation in May 2018. What if we would get married on the beach at sunset? These sensational feelings of euphoria and merriment came over us. The spontaneity of our upcoming nuptials added to our jubilation.
    Contacting Barbara's website was our first part of the planning process. Barbara's joyful guidance and helpfulness with specific details gave us the piece of mind to relax and enjoy our day.
    The second part was the perfect weather report for our sunset beach wedding.
    Our final detail unfolded before us. We needed to find 2 witnesses. Barbara had all the confidence in us to find the perfect people to join us on the beach as our witnesses. Just in case, Barbara had a back up witness plan for us.
    The flowers were staged just beyond where the seawater rushes in to meet the sand.
    Barbara's ceremony vows deeply touched our hearts and forged our emotions together. The perfect ceremony is now in our memory and our photographs. Every anniversary we plan to reread Barbara's vows and update our emotional commitments in a beach setting at sunset.
    Many thanks to Barbara for our ceremony nuptials. Bill and Gretchen

Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant 17
    Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant 18
    Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant 19

Jackie · Married on 04/28/2018

I cannot say enough about how great Barbara was to work with. We felt like she was part of our family! She captured our ceremony exactly how we wanted and she did a great jon of incorporating our kids how we wanted. She is so friendly and professional. Our guests loved her as well and all commented on how great of a job she did with making the ceremony unique to us.

Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant 20
    Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant 21
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 04/27/2018

I seriously could not recommend Barbara enough. We spoke on the phone and emailed, but only met in person 4 days before the wedding, yet it felt like we knew her forever! She created a ceremony that was personalized for us, and had exactly the “vibe” we were going for. We got a lot of compliments on her ceremony from our wedding guests. She was very professional and handled all of the paperwork with ease and timeliness. Thank you for making our wedding day so perfect!

Nicole · Married on 04/19/2018

Rev. Barbara was awesome!! I got married last week and I have had her booked for a year, throughout that time I had many questions and concerns. She was extremely helpful and always responsive when I had a question. She was also so very helpful with helping me find other vendors for my wedding since we had a destination wedding. It was like I had known her for years!! The ceremony she performed was heartfelt and loving....I would choose her again any day of the year!!! Thank you!!!

Cheryl · Married on 04/07/2018

Thank you for conducting such a wonderful ceremony for Jenny and Thomas on Saturday evening. Your words were so heartwarming and personal. They really touched everyone. We could not have asked for a more beautiful ceremony. I highly recommend Barbara if you are looking for someone that is truly gifted and personal. Absolutely wonderful.

Sent on 04/15/2018

Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant's reply:

Thanks, Cheryl, for taking the time to write this review. Jenny and Thomas are such a sweet couple that it was truly a joy for me to be the one to pronounce them husband and wife. And it is thrilling for me to have the mother-of-the-bride take the time to let me know how special the ceremony was!

Tina · Married on 03/26/2018

Barbara was so wonderful to work with. She thought of everything and we can't thank her enough for how absolutely perfect our day was because of her! Planning an elopement from out of state was tricky, but Barbara was always helpful with finding answers and recommending other services. We are extremely grateful and blessed to have had the opportunity to have her oversee our amazing day!

Jim and Tina Stuhr