Barbara Mulford Reviews

221 | Kill Devil Hills, NC

221 Reviews for Barbara Mulford

• BJ Renner

BJ Renner · Married on 10/24/2020

Wonderful OBX Wedding Officiant!

We were recently married in the Outer Banks and our search for an officiant lead us to Barbara. From my very first conversation with her, I felt that she truly understood our vision for our ceremony. As we wanted to include our own vows, she provided suggestions and was with us every step of the way. We live out of town and when we finally had the chance to meet Barbara, we felt even more comfortable. Her words during our ceremony were heartfelt and really captured us, as a couple. We wanted our guests to participate and we included a shell ceremony which turned out lovely. Our guests, throughout the reception, commented on the intimacy and beauty of the ceremony. Barbara was absolutely wonderful and if you are looking for an officiant, I cannot recommend her highly enough. You will be very happy with her conducting your ceremony.

Sent on 10/27/2020

Louis Rosa · Married on 10/13/2020

Wonderful Officiant

Barbara oversaw our ceremony on the beach and did such a wonderful job. She arrived early, helped with a few last minute issues (even though it wasnt her job!) and gave a beautiful speech. It really felt like she crafted her words to our small wedding. We really enjoyed her pleasant attitude and would highly recommend her to anyone looking to have a wedding!

Sent on 10/29/2020

Kyla Kirik · Married on 10/09/2020

The Absolute best!

If you are looking for the sweetest, most informative and eloquently spoken officiant than book Barbara for your special day. She provided me with all the necessary information and steps for before and after my ceremony.

And she is hands down the best officiant I’ve ever experienced. She made our ceremony and so many people said the same thing. Thank you so much Barbara for giving us a day we will never forget!

Sent on 10/13/2020

Tyleen · Married on 10/06/2020

Best decision I ever made!

Barbara was amazing for our small elopement type wedding in the Outer Banks. We are not from North Carolina but finding her and her reviews and having the experience we did, I want to share how absolutely amazing she was. She always stayed in touch and answered any and all questions. The ceremony she performed for us was more than I could of ever imagined and she even helped with pictures and our kids as well so everything went as smooth as possible. Absolutely amazing experience and we would absolutely recommend her!

Sent on 10/12/2020

Nicole Cottrell · Married on 10/03/2020

Most amazing ceremony

Where do I even start! Barbra was beyond amazing. Words can’t even begin to describe her heart and soul. She was able to work with us being a military family and having to move our date. She made our ceremony so sweet and special. She had my husband in tears at some point which is almost impossible! She included our children and made them also feel so loved. I’ve never in my life felt so comfortable with someone I just met. We’d recommend her to anyone we know

Sent on 10/12/2020

Camille Jackman · Married on 09/22/2020

A true celebration of love

We were beyond lucky to have had Barbara as the officiant for our elopement ceremony. She was so incredibly warm, joyous, eloquent, and professional. She made our ceremony special and memorable and unique to us and our OBX location. We couldn’t have chosen a better officiant if we’d taken months to find one, rather than finding Barbara in what turned out to be the biggest stroke of luck. She even helped us find our videographer and photographer. I don’t think I could ever thank her enough.

Sent on 09/27/2020

Codi Rickett · Married on 09/14/2020

Obx Wedding 9/14/2020

We had a wonderful experience with Barbara. She truly cares about what she does and getting to know the couples she marries. She was extremely easy to work with and very flexible to our changing plans. She has excellent resources for us to use for other vendors for our wedding as we aren’t local to the area. She wrote and planned a beautiful service for us and was very respectful of our religious preference. Overall it was everything we hoped it would be!

Sent on 09/15/2020

C. Hamblin · Married on 09/09/2020

Best Day Ever ... Really!

Can’t say enough great things about Barbara Mulford. From the very first contact, she was so personable and put us at ease. As a result of interaction through email and later a face to face meeting, she wrote a touching, personalized service for us that was beautiful. Involving our family to participate with us during the seashell blessing part of the ceremony was so special for all involved and is a precious memory. Barbara’s love of and knowledge about the Outer Banks was evident and Invaluable to us planning from a distance. We highly recommend Barbara as we know she will make your wedding day as special as ours.

Sent on 10/05/2019
  • Emily

Emily Bryant · Married on 07/01/2020

We highly recommend!

We are so thankful for Barbara! We planned a simple elopement, which was complicated by COVID and a change in vacation homes. Barbara was immensely helpful every step of the way. She was very patient and flexible and provided excellent recommendations for vendors and sites for the ceremony. She is responsive and organized, taking care of all of the post-wedding paperwork. Although we did not have the chance to meet with her before the wedding, she performed a very personal and touching ceremony. We could not recommend Barbara more highly!

Sent on 07/15/2020
  • Linda

Linda Tkacs · Married on 03/13/2020

Awesomeness

Barbara did an amazing job at our wedding. We wanted to say the least amount we could so she did majority of the talking. Everything she said was beautiful and perfect. She is very nice and courteous. She always answered my questions asap. She gave tips on other wedding related things. Even questions I had outside of her job duties she helped me with. She let us know of a great area for the wedding since we had handicap people in our wedding. We were at the Coquina Beach inlet and just used the built in benches they had at the end of the walkway so no one had to get in the sand but still had the oceanview. We met her a few days in person before the wedding since we lived in a different state and you can tell she really cares about the couple she is performing the ceremony for. Her prices are good and she is very efficient in making sure everything goes as smooth as possible. When we went to get our marriage license the lady's in the court house asked who our officiant was and when I told they said your in good hand that shes the best. And they were right. You will not be disappointed if you hire Barbara.

Sent on 03/30/2020
  • Kara

Kara Grabbs · Married on 02/29/2020

It was like she had known us forever.

Barbara went above and beyond her services hired. She drove to our rental house to meet the day before, she stood in the cold February weather and officiated our ceremony exactly as we would have wanted. It was as if she had known us forever.

Sent on 03/01/2020
  • Judy

Judy Brown · Married on 01/10/2020

Our wedding was wonderful

Eric and I got married on October 1, 2020 and our wedding was wonderful. Rev Barbara made our wedding so special we couldn't have ask for it to be any different. It was like she had known us for years instead of just a few weeks. She knew exactly what we wanted and we got to have the wedding at the place we were staying. It was wonderful so whether you are like us and have only 3 weeks to plan your wedding or have been planning it for over a year, we would recommend Rev Barbara. She will make your day very special because she cares and wants to make your day the very best.

P.S. Even though we only actually had invited 3 people we had over 75 to 80 attending, on the beach. It was great!

Sent on 10/15/2020

Ashlie Heatwole · Married on 10/29/2019

Barbara is the best!

Barbara is fantastic! She performed a great ceremony and made the entire process simple! Book her for your ceremony now!

Sent on 11/05/2019

Holly Smith · Married on 10/08/2019

Greatful and blessed

we had traveled 11hrs with 2 young kids .when we got there weather wasn't working in our favor but Barbara Mulford was a great help we also stayed in contact she helped us find new location since we couldn't have down on beach but she went above and beyond to find us something still on beach but protected from rain. I'm so happy to have her there.

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 10/05/2019

Beautiful ceremony

Barbara put together an amazing ceremony for our wedding day that far exceeded our expectations. We had so many compliments from our guests about how deep and meaningful the ceremony was. It was exactly what my husband and I requested. Barbara is extremely responsive to emails and communication, and is truly a great person all around. She was a pleasure to work with, and I would recommend her to any couple that are getting married in the outer banks. The ceremony was more than I could have asked for- short, simple, yet elegant and meaningful. We are so happy we chose her!

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Christine

Christine Jane Santo · Married on 09/18/2019

Our Outer Banks beach wedding!

We were planning to have our wedding on carova beach North Carolina, we found Barbara's website and contacted her from Pennsylvania. She helped us with everything we would need when we got there. We decided to get married on September 18th, 2019. We wanted to be on the beach with our jeeps and a few close friends, and even though we picked the windiest day we could our ceremony was wonderful. We live streamed our wedding so everyone at home could see and couldn't of been happier. Many many thanks to Barbara for our very special day and ceremony!

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Laura

Laura Curry · Married on 09/16/2019

Laura and Michael September 16, 2019

The ceremony Barbara prepared for us was absolutely perfect! It had every element my husband and I wanted, her delivery was flawless and her calming demeanor was especially helpful to the both of us. Her thoughtfulness and sincerity made for a beautiful memory we will cherish for a lifetime.

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle Stahl · Married on 09/11/2019

Our guests are still raving about her!

My in laws renewed their vows with Rev. Barbara in 2012, so when we decided to get married in Nags Head, we knew we had to look her up and we are so glad we did! She was so amazing every step of the way. She helped us create a custom ceremony that we were comfortable with and our guests raved about! She is so knowledgeable and provided the highest level of service to us. We couldn't have imagined our day without her!

Sent on 12/08/2019
  • Sheila

Sheila · Married on 08/24/2019

Mrs Sheila

Barbara was wonderful. She gave suggestions that helped make our day perfect. I asked for the sand ceremony and shell and she didn’t bat an eye , she was very accommodating. We loved her and highly recommend her to all our friends and family.

Sent on 08/31/2019
  • Kendra

Kendra Heskett · Married on 08/06/2019

Kendra Heskett

Reverend Barbara Mulford was great! The way she incorporated things about the ocean and history of the Outer Banks into our ceremony was truly special to us! I highly recommend Barbara as your officiant. We could not have chosen a better Reverend to join us as man and wife. Thank you so much Barbara, Corolla will always hold a special place in our hearts, can't wait to return!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Kitty Kat

Katherine · Married on 07/04/2019

Phenomenal Officiant

If you're looking for a person with an open heart who genuinely cares for you and enjoys her job - this reverand ia for you! Barbara Munford was phenomenal! All of our guests absolutley loved her. We were so fortunate to have gotten her to marry us. She worked with us - answered a ton of emails - met with us - wrote out the entire event based on our input and made several fun suggeations we Incorporated.3 She sent in our marriage licence the next day! Efficent, loving and professional. We would recommend her to anybody who truly cares about there wedding ceremony, spouse and guests.

Sent on 07/07/2019

Patti Roland · Married on 06/25/2019

The Perfect Small Beach Wedding

Barbara Mulford was wonderful at creating a very special beach wedding service for my Granddaughter and her new husband. Barbara's words spoken to them were perfect, the best I have ever heard at any wedding! My Granddaughter said, " my wedding was absolutely perfect. It was just what I wanted!" Thank-you Barbara!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Laura Mow · Married on 06/04/2019

Fabulous Outer Banks Wedding!

Barbara was the officiant at our recent dream Outer Banks wedding.
    We loved her wedding ceremony, which incorporated personal details and other observations appropriate for a beach wedding. Barbara provided just the right mix of religious and personal features. The attendees all raved about her. She was delightful, warm and the perfect officiant for us! Thanks, Barbara!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Rachel · Married on 04/19/2019

Beautiful ceremony!

Rev. Barbara did an exceptional job with our wedding ceremony! She met with us beforehand to make sure we knew every detail which really put us at ease. The day of the wedding was really windy, but she spoke so clearly that no one missed a word. We received a ton of compliments after about the ceremony and we couldn't have been happier with how it turned out. Thanks so much Babs!

Sent on 04/28/2019

Kim · Married on 04/06/2019

My experience with Rev. Barbara was wonderful

Rev. Barbara was phenomenal, she made us feel so comfortable. She was punctual and her Professionalism was superb. The Ceremony was awesome, she showed so much compassion, her words were kind and genuine, she even gave us a little known history fact about Kitty Hawk we thought that was great. We needed 2 witnesses and she helped us with that, now how sweet was that? If I had to do it all over again and again, (I won’t) I’ll get Ms. Barbara every time. Choosing Rev. Barbara you definitely won’t go wrong. Hands down!!!

Sent on 04/08/2019