186 Reviews for Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant

Earth-Based (2)
Unitarian (2)
Civil Union (1)
Orthodox Christian (1)

Barbara made our 25th Anniversary Vow Renewal (8/19/18) such a special day for us!! Barbara used the little bit of information about us that we told her about to create such a personal, one of a kind, ceremony!! We can’t thank her enough for everything!!! I would highly recommend Barbara for your ceremony!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Barbara did a wonderful job officiating our wedding. She was very prompt with getting back to us leading up to the wedding, made the effort to get to know myself and my husband, and her experience allowed her to answer all of our questions leading up to the wedding which allowed us to relax and just focus on what really counted...us and our family! She also gave us great suggestions for a photographer and florist, which helped immensely. All of our guests commented on how wonderful and special the ceremony was, which is mostly due to Barbara’s expertise. Thanks for making our day so special!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Responded to emails immediately. Helped set up a surprise vow renewal for my wife and I. Was very accommodating and a pleasure to talk to. The ceremony was exactly what I wanted and my wife loved it. Thanks to Reverend Barbara for helping to create a memorable experience that my family can look back on.

Profile Picture Russ, 8/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Barbara was truly amazing and really made our day something extra special. Barbara was very sweet, helpful and I really felt like she was there for us every step of the way. Even the ladies down at the register of deeds office when we were applying for our marriage license told us we were in very good hands and that she knew what she was doing. And they were right! Our ceremony was absolutely beautiful and our guests were still talking about her service days after the wedding!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

If you are looking to get married in the Outer Banks Rev. Barbara Mulford is the best . She responds to every email or phone call you make. She is so kind and sweet. She will help with what ever questions you might have. She will even have a safety pin if you need one like I did. Lol You will not go wrong if you choose Barbara.

Profile Picture Brenda, 7/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Barbara did a fantastic job. In the months leading up to the wedding she always responded quickly to questions or any correspondence. She arrived early at our house to go over paper work and knew all aspects of the process. She was very friendly and got to know us. The wedding was on the beach and the ceremony was incredible. Our wedding turned out better than we ever dreamed.

Profile Picture Steve, 6/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Barbara was an amazing officiant for our sunrise beach wedding in Corolla, NC. I highly recommend her. I would not have wanted anything different for our ceremony. She is the best.

Photo for Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant Review - Amazing ceremony.
Photo for Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant Review - We arrived on the beach.
Photo for Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant Review - The BEST darn wedding party.
Photo for Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant Review - I would definitely recommend the seashell ceremony.
Profile Picture Kim, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination

Simply AMAZING is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of our wedding, and so should you!!!! Barbara was a complete dream! It was like she had known us, our entire lives. She was very professional and compassionate regarding our big day, and delivered a very intimate ceremony. We highly recommend her!!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/8/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Rehearsal

Oh what a blessing to have found Barbara. Barbara took the time to get to know both Denise and myself, and to make us feel like family. She walked us though everything. There many things new to us, and it sure how or what to do . No fear, Barbara was just an e-mail, or phone call away, and Denise and I love the Outer Banks, so always looking for a reason to drive down, and spend time with Barbara, and the beach

Profile Picture Glen, 5/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Barbara was fantastic. She made our ceremony our own. She made it personal, intimate, compassionate and fun.
She showed up early to the house and met with everyone. She helped with giving my future husband a surprise from me in walking me down the beach to her. :). Her responsiveness and suggestions over the year before our ceremony was so very helpful. Planning a destination wedding is by no means easy, and you rely on the locals to help. That in deed she did. May 27, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. we became husband and wife on the beaches of the Atlantic Ocean. It was a perfect night, perfect weather, with the perfect Officiant.
Thank you so very much Barbara. It was just PERFECT

Profile Picture Mona, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Wedding Cake

Rev Barbara was our instant choice when out of the people we sought information from, she was quick to reply. What sealed the deal was her personality that was eager to make our wedding experience everything we wanted and more.
She starts the journey with us and graced us all of the way through with her gentle, gracious presence. Her blessing upon our marriage was felt in our souls.
She also is very affordable!
Thank you Rev Barbara!

Profile Picture Chris, 5/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Barb did such an amazing job with helping us get through our wedding day , she helped me everytime i needed her or when i just needed someone to talk to , she was very calm about our situation and helped me relax when i wanted to panic lol Barb is such a sweet and kind lady and she really cares about her couples ! She answered me all the time with questions i had even at 12am lol , She made our ceremony feel so special and loved and sincere i couldn’t thank her enough , she is seriously the best ! Thank you barb for all you have done for me and ben over the last 8 months and making our special day absolutely amazing !

Profile Picture Alicia , 5/17/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Having been engaged since 2009, we became very excited about an OBX vacation in May 2018. What if we would get married on the beach at sunset? These sensational feelings of euphoria and merriment came over us. The spontaneity of our upcoming nuptials added to our jubilation.
Contacting Barbara's website was our first part of the planning process. Barbara's joyful guidance and helpfulness with specific details gave us the piece of mind to relax and enjoy our day.
The second part was the perfect weather report for our sunset beach wedding.
Our final detail unfolded before us. We needed to find 2 witnesses. Barbara had all the confidence in us to find the perfect people to join us on the beach as our witnesses. Just in case, Barbara had a back up witness plan for us.
The flowers were staged just beyond where the seawater rushes in to meet the sand.
Barbara's ceremony vows deeply touched our hearts and forged our emotions together. The perfect ceremony is now in our memory and our photographs. Every anniversary we plan to reread Barbara's vows and update our emotional commitments in a beach setting at sunset.
Many thanks to Barbara for our ceremony nuptials. Bill and Gretchen

Profile Picture Gretchen, 5/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I cannot say enough about how great Barbara was to work with. We felt like she was part of our family! She captured our ceremony exactly how we wanted and she did a great jon of incorporating our kids how we wanted. She is so friendly and professional. Our guests loved her as well and all commented on how great of a job she did with making the ceremony unique to us.

Profile Picture Jackie, 4/28/18, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, No Denomination

I seriously could not recommend Barbara enough. We spoke on the phone and emailed, but only met in person 4 days before the wedding, yet it felt like we knew her forever! She created a ceremony that was personalized for us, and had exactly the “vibe” we were going for. We got a lot of compliments on her ceremony from our wedding guests. She was very professional and handled all of the paperwork with ease and timeliness. Thank you for making our wedding day so perfect!

Profile Picture Danielle, 4/27/18, 10 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Barbara was awesome!! I got married last week and I have had her booked for a year, throughout that time I had many questions and concerns. She was extremely helpful and always responsive when I had a question. She was also so very helpful with helping me find other vendors for my wedding since we had a destination wedding. It was like I had known her for years!! The ceremony she performed was heartfelt and loving....I would choose her again any day of the year!!! Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Thank you for conducting such a wonderful ceremony for Jenny and Thomas on Saturday evening. Your words were so heartwarming and personal. They really touched everyone. We could not have asked for a more beautiful ceremony. I highly recommend Barbara if you are looking for someone that is truly gifted and personal. Absolutely wonderful.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Cheryl, 4/7/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Barbara was so wonderful to work with. She thought of everything and we can't thank her enough for how absolutely perfect our day was because of her! Planning an elopement from out of state was tricky, but Barbara was always helpful with finding answers and recommending other services. We are extremely grateful and blessed to have had the opportunity to have her oversee our amazing day!

Jim and Tina Stuhr

Profile Picture Tina, 3/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Words cannot do justice for the experience we had with Barbara. We were planning remotely from Chicago and she gave us a list of vendors, replied to emails promptly, and the warmth that she exudes via email and calls makes you feel like you're talking to a very dear friend. When she asked us to send her our "love story", I knew we made the right choice. The ceremony was PERFECT, Barbara is destined to be uniting people...her warmth and honesty and love for what she does makes it so beautiful. Cannot thank her enough!!
Ben and DeAun Jude Chicago, IL October 20,2017

Profile Picture DeAun, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We can’t thank Barbara enough for making our wedding a wonderful experience! The ceremony fit our personalities perfectly! We wanted a simple sweet ceremony, just the two of us in a romantic location. As we live in Ohio we hadn’t met her before the ceremony, just a exchanged a few emails. But in those emails I could tell that she was the person for us! She was so nice and helpful, helping us get organized from so far away. She performed an amazing ceremony and we were blessed to find her. Thank you Barbara for everything and making our day wonderful

Diane and Rick Sawyer

Profile Picture Diane, 10/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

To say that we were a little disorganized before the ceremony would be an understatement of considerable proportions! Fortunately, we had Barbara take charge in gathering up the wedding party to push us out the door! Once the ceremony began; Barbara's beautiful words, tone, and cadence took a nice beach wedding ceremony to something way beyond our expectations. Many of our guests at the reception spoke to how great our officiant was that evening. I've been to many weddings where the ceremony was a snooze-fest, but Barbara kept everything light, enjoyable, and romantic. Not too short, not too long. She was the PERFECT officiant for our wedding!

Profile Picture Tim, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I could not be happier choosing Reverend Barbara Mulford! Thank you for our amazing day.
Love The Taylor's Ohio
Married 10/4/17 OBX

Profile Picture Tonya , 10/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Barbara is truly a GEM! She was very helpful not only on the day of our ceremony but from the very beginning of reaching out via her website. She sent TONS of helpful links on beach restrictions as well as links for vendors in the area. She made our ceremony very personable despite never meeting us! We had to evacuate due to surge flooding and Barbara gave us a heads up which allowed us to be ahead of traffic, that alone goes to show you how good of a person she is! If you are on the fence on who to choose, pick Barbara you will not be disappointed!!

Profile Picture Barbara, 9/25/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Barbara was an absolute dream to deal with! Between phone and email conversations, meeting 6 months previous ( as we are quite a ways away from the OBX) and then the day before the wedding, she helped tailor our ceremony to our request. She was funny and relaxed ( because we needed her help to keep from crying through the ceremony), and rolled with the punches when friends started pelting us with nerf darts to calm us down. Our ceremony was beautiful and personal and she made our day perfect.

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Agnostic, No Denomination, Rehearsal, Non-religious