172 Reviews for Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant

Earth-Based (2)
Unitarian (2)
Civil Union (1)
Orthodox Christian (1)

I cannot say enough about how great Barbara was to work with. We felt like she was part of our family! She captured our ceremony exactly how we wanted and she did a great jon of incorporating our kids how we wanted. She is so friendly and professional. Our guests loved her as well and all commented on how great of a job she did with making the ceremony unique to us.

Profile Picture Jackie, 4/28/18, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, No Denomination

I seriously could not recommend Barbara enough. We spoke on the phone and emailed, but only met in person 4 days before the wedding, yet it felt like we knew her forever! She created a ceremony that was personalized for us, and had exactly the “vibe” we were going for. We got a lot of compliments on her ceremony from our wedding guests. She was very professional and handled all of the paperwork with ease and timeliness. Thank you for making our wedding day so perfect!

Profile Picture Danielle, 4/27/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Barbara was awesome!! I got married last week and I have had her booked for a year, throughout that time I had many questions and concerns. She was extremely helpful and always responsive when I had a question. She was also so very helpful with helping me find other vendors for my wedding since we had a destination wedding. It was like I had known her for years!! The ceremony she performed was heartfelt and loving....I would choose her again any day of the year!!! Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Thank you for conducting such a wonderful ceremony for Jenny and Thomas on Saturday evening. Your words were so heartwarming and personal. They really touched everyone. We could not have asked for a more beautiful ceremony. I highly recommend Barbara if you are looking for someone that is truly gifted and personal. Absolutely wonderful.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Cheryl, 4/7/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Words cannot do justice for the experience we had with Barbara. We were planning remotely from Chicago and she gave us a list of vendors, replied to emails promptly, and the warmth that she exudes via email and calls makes you feel like you're talking to a very dear friend. When she asked us to send her our "love story", I knew we made the right choice. The ceremony was PERFECT, Barbara is destined to be uniting people...her warmth and honesty and love for what she does makes it so beautiful. Cannot thank her enough!!
Ben and DeAun Jude Chicago, IL October 20,2017

Profile Picture DeAun, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We can’t thank Barbara enough for making our wedding a wonderful experience! The ceremony fit our personalities perfectly! We wanted a simple sweet ceremony, just the two of us in a romantic location. As we live in Ohio we hadn’t met her before the ceremony, just a exchanged a few emails. But in those emails I could tell that she was the person for us! She was so nice and helpful, helping us get organized from so far away. She performed an amazing ceremony and we were blessed to find her. Thank you Barbara for everything and making our day wonderful

Diane and Rick Sawyer

Profile Picture Diane, 10/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

To say that we were a little disorganized before the ceremony would be an understatement of considerable proportions! Fortunately, we had Barbara take charge in gathering up the wedding party to push us out the door! Once the ceremony began; Barbara's beautiful words, tone, and cadence took a nice beach wedding ceremony to something way beyond our expectations. Many of our guests at the reception spoke to how great our officiant was that evening. I've been to many weddings where the ceremony was a snooze-fest, but Barbara kept everything light, enjoyable, and romantic. Not too short, not too long. She was the PERFECT officiant for our wedding!

Profile Picture Tim, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I could not be happier choosing Reverend Barbara Mulford! Thank you for our amazing day.
Love The Taylor's Ohio
Married 10/4/17 OBX

Profile Picture Tonya , 10/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Barbara is truly a GEM! She was very helpful not only on the day of our ceremony but from the very beginning of reaching out via her website. She sent TONS of helpful links on beach restrictions as well as links for vendors in the area. She made our ceremony very personable despite never meeting us! We had to evacuate due to surge flooding and Barbara gave us a heads up which allowed us to be ahead of traffic, that alone goes to show you how good of a person she is! If you are on the fence on who to choose, pick Barbara you will not be disappointed!!

Profile Picture Barbara, 9/25/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Barbara was an absolute dream to deal with! Between phone and email conversations, meeting 6 months previous ( as we are quite a ways away from the OBX) and then the day before the wedding, she helped tailor our ceremony to our request. She was funny and relaxed ( because we needed her help to keep from crying through the ceremony), and rolled with the punches when friends started pelting us with nerf darts to calm us down. Our ceremony was beautiful and personal and she made our day perfect.

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Agnostic, No Denomination, Rehearsal, Non-religious

Barbara was absolutely amazing and accommodating. I would highly suggest her to anyone.

Profile Picture Tana, 9/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Barbara could not have done any better. She made us feel like family. I knew from the moment we spoke on the phone that she was the "one" for us. Our entire family said we couldn't have chosen better!! Highly recommend Barbara to everyone wanting the BEST!!!!!

Profile Picture Hollie, 9/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Barbara is a wonderful officiant. She was prompt in responding to my email inquiries and explained the process clearly. She was easy to talk to on the phone, and arrives early the day of the service. She takes time to again explain all of the paperwork you receive when you pick up your license. She files the paperwork promptly for you and is willing to file your license on your behalf. Barbara's service is beautiful and she works to make the experience a very memorable one. She is definitely an officiant I would recommend. She did a wonderful job.

Profile Picture Chyril, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We loved Barbara!! She made everything go so smoothly from start to finish. Very responsive and more than willing to give you any advice or recommendations she can. She provided us with tons of vows, ceremony readings and scripture giving us options to choose from since we didn't want to write our own. She provided information and links on beach accesses for us to check out and even had some recommendations for other aspects of our wedding. The wedding ceremony was beautiful and I had several people comment on how lovely her readings were. We are SO happy we chose Barbara to marry us!! We highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I don't even know where to start! Simply stated, Barbara is AMAZING!

We fell in love after our first email and feel like we have a life long friend!

Barbara supported us throughout our wedding process to create a ceremony that reflected who we are as a couple. We are so grateful for her and the impact she had on making our day amazing! Barbara took the time to get to know our stories, our beliefs, our courtship, and so much more. She provided us with materials that helped us structure our ceremony, and ensured that things we indicated were important were included. She remained patient, flexible, and incredibly helpful throughout!

We highly recommend Barbara as an officiant for couples seeking a ceremony that is personalized, while also still deeply meaningful.

Every single person who attended our wedding commented on what an amazing ceremony we had and how wonderful Barbara was.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

look no further, Reverend Mulford is the best!!

Profile Picture Cristine, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I must say that Barbara is the best and has absolute passion for what she does. When we met her, we felt her excitement and happiness for our decision of getting married. The ceremony was sweet and simple, but we loved how she included the history of the OBX. Andrew and myself truly have a complicated past and with all that we've dealt with our choice of marriage was a new beginning for us both. The words that Barbara spoke felt as though they were meant just for us. It was beautiful and heart warming. Thank you, Barbara for being a part of this special and truly blessed moment in our lives. God bless you!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I can't say enough great things about Barbara. Right from the beginning, she has been accommodating, patient and very personable. My new husband and I got married in our favorite place in the whole wide world - the OBX! We were looking for a very simple and civil ceremony. While she honored our request, she to care to make the ceremony extremely special and very personal. Even before the ceremony, she walked us through all the paperwork, and took care of everything immediately after we were wedded. Something also very noteworthy to mention - she was unbelievably accommodating and flexible when we had to change venues during the 11th hour...the weather wasn't cooperating. What a surprise :)

In short, Barbara brought a vibrant and positive energy to our ceremony, and she made it truly special. I cannot thank her enough. I highly recommend Barbara to be anyone's marriage officiant. She will make it a unique and memorable experience.

Profile Picture Claudia, 8/14/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Civil Union, Non-religious, Customized Vows

Barbara Mulford was always there to answer any questions or concerns that we had. She provided a ceremony that was definitely us. It was relaxed, fun and beautiful.
Couldn't have picked a better officiant for our 8/12/17 wedding.
Thank you so much for being apart of our day.
Pam and Mike Locke, Virginia

Profile Picture Pam, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Earth-Based, Orthodox Christian, Unitarian, Single Religion

On July 29th, three days before our wedding ceremony the island was under a mandatory evacuation for all visitors due to the island wide power outage. Emotions ran high as we could not believe another obstacle would stand in the way of their dream wedding. Luckily we found a hotel in Nags Head for a few days and Barbara and Jenni ( Epic Photography) agreed to change the location off the island, to make their wedding dreams come true. It may have only been us and our three children, but is was the most beautiful wedding I could ever dreamed of. Barbara was so sweet and her sermon was so heartfelt it brought my husband and I to tears. The short time we had with Barbara made you feel like you knew her years and we will never forget the beautiful ceremony she performed.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 8/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Barbara was fantastic to work with! Very kind and professional. She made our ceremony unique to our requests and special.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Thank you so much for a wonderful ceremony in obx! You took the time to get to know us before hand, putting us so at ease & you were wonderful with our family. Everyone there remarked how great they thought you were. The Braggs, Ohio.

Profile Picture S, 6/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

You will not go wrong with Barbara. She is incredible. We contacted her to officiate our elopement ceremony just two weeks before the big day. She was so supportive and helpful and efficient. Her words during the ceremony were so beautiful they brought me to tears!

Profile Picture Alice, 5/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

If you're planning on getting married/eloping in the Outer Banks NC, do yourself a favor and have Barbara Mulford perform your ceremony. Not only is she very professional and more than qualified, she is also very kind and truly happy to be part of your special day. I am so happy we found her. It was perfect!

Profile Picture Tracey, 5/19/17, 2 Reviews