Reiko's Hair & Makeup Reviews

12 | New York, NY

12 Reviews for Reiko's Hair & Makeup

Carlin · Married on 08/11/2018

Thank you to Reiko for making myself, my two bridesmaids, my mother and my mother in law look so beautiful for the day! All the ladies look superb. On our wedding day, unfortunately it rained quite a bit - Reiko was able to make some adjustments to my hair to make sure it lasted through the day. After photos, she came to the venue and gave the bridal party touch ups before we walked down the aisle. Even during photos she was around to touch me up when I looked slightly shiny (which was very much appreciated).

She is amazing! I highly recommend her for your special day!

Sent on 09/01/2018

Sonda · Married on 09/26/2015

Reiko did the hair and makeup for me (the bride), 3 bridesmaids and the mother of the groom. She was on time -- even though we were not -- and happily made the trip from NY to Atlantic City, which is where our reception was held. She was a pleasure to work with and completed everyone on time -- even though we had to shorten her window by 2 hours! We were all so very pleased with the results. Everyone looked amazing and felt confident and beautiful the entire evening. I would highly recommend her to all brides -- and actually to anyone looking for a hair person in generall as she has been doing my hair for the past 6 years.

Sent on 09/30/2015

Maysa · Married on 06/27/2015

I got in touch with Reiko a month before my wedding and she responded right away, told me everything I needed to know, asked me about what type of hairstyle I'm going for, looks etc. It definitely made me feel like I'm in good hands (and I was!)... and if you send her photos she gets the look spot on. We traveled to NYC for our wedding so I was unable to have a prep/trial session but Reiko was amazing. As long as you have a good idea about what you want in terms of make up and hair - I sent her photos of different styles that I wanted recreated. I also told her that I like the natural, smokey eye look (not too intense). She got it right away and just did it all perfectly. Please keep in mind that you need to be flexible about hair styles. My hair is not very long and I sent Reiko a photo of a long braid to the side for my brunch hair style...she copied it perfectly given the length and state of my hair. I really enjoyed working with Reiko, she came by my hotel at 5:30 am ready to get things rolling, set up all her make up and equipment and she was so sweet and polite. She tries to make sure she gets everything the way you want and I really appreciated that. Reiko also did my hairstyle as well as my mom's hair for my brunch on the following day and we were both very happy with the way they turned out! Thank you so much Reiko! Would recommend her to anyone who wants to get wedding makeup/hair done by a professional who knows exactly what she's doing, is aware of what make up and hairstyles suit you and is a wonderfully sweet lady who will make you feel at ease and calm before your big day.

Sent on 07/16/2015

Maryann · Married on 07/18/2014

Reiko did my hair and make up for my elopement in New York City and she did a fantastic job! As I was coming from Australia we didn't have the opportunity to do a practice run together so she had to pull my look together on the day which turned out to be no problem for her whatsoever. I left myself in her capable hands for the make up and she created a look that was beautiful and natural without looking 'overdone'. For my hair I showed her a photo of a style I liked and she worked from that. I couldn't have been happier with the results and the photos turned out amazing. Reiko was a pleasure to deal with and was more than happy to work with any ideas that I had. I would definitely recommend her services.

Sent on 08/11/2014

Veronica · Married on 07/01/2014

I am a wedding planner & officiant and Reiko has been working with me for 4 years. I am so happy I found her!!
    All of my brides have always been extremely happy with the results! She is a fantastic professional, always on time and very attentive to the client's needs and personal style. She respects their wishes and every bride she has worked on looks incredible without looking like she has a lot of make up on her.
    She also does amazing up dos, very elaborate and sophisticated!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Cindy · Married on 10/19/2013

I met Ms. Reiko on June of 2013 for hair and make-up trial. I must tell you that she truly listened to your needs and made useful suggestions on how to enhance my hair and face. I have some skin imperfections and she did a great job in covering them. On the day of my wedding, she came 7:00 a.m. on the dot and finished and hour and a half early. I am greatly satisfied with her services and I even gave her a limo ride to train station as a sign of appreciation. Her prices were reasonable. I highly recommend Ms. Reiko for the future brides out there who needs a make-up artist that made your wedding day stress-free.

Sent on 04/01/2014
  • User2241948 · 2+ years ago

Reiko did my hair for my wedding. She was extremely responsive. I contacted her about a month before my date when my other arrangement had backed out and we had a hair trial within the week. During the trial she did 3 variations of the style I had in my head before we made a decision. I did not feel rushed at all even though I came at the end of the day. She helped me find accessories and she then came to me on the day of the wedding. She was very prompt and efficient. The timing was perfect and I was even early to the ceremony! More importantly, I have very fine hair and got married in August and the curls lasted longer than I thought they would.

Sent on 08/09/2012

Barbara · Married on 02/19/2012

Reiko did a wonderful job with my wedding day hair and makeup. Leading up to the big day, she was always quickly responsive via email with my questions. I was concerned about my facial eczema and she made sure during our trial that there were no flareups. She was also very flexible - she traveled out to new jersey where I was setting up and she even did my mother's hair even though we didn't schedule her in - Reiko was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 04/22/2012

Sam · Married on 10/15/2011

I had trouble finding someone for an upstate wedding, and Reiko could do both hair and make up -- and was willing to take a bus upstate to see me and my family. Talk about flexible.

I am glad I hired her. I've never looked prettier -- my mom, Maid of Honor, grandma and aunt all looked great and liked their hair -- my super straight Asian hair stayed curled all night... and my make-up kept me looking like me-- but better. Well, I started the day with some eyebags (wedding stress) but after she was done with me, I was the beautiful bride I hoped to be. Reiko worked with me to tweak things that I didn't start 100 percent happy with (the falsies and the height of my updo) until I was really happy with it.

She's a definite hire, especially if you know what you want and are great at communicating. Everyone says I looked amazing and I have Reiko to thank for that.

Sent on 10/31/2011

Aya · Married on 08/08/2010

I live in SF, but my wedding was at New York.It was difficult to manage the time with people for trial.However,Reiko was so flexible. I did trial a week before my wedding and she was great.My mother in law liked her make-up & hair style a lot.I really recommend her and I would use her for my future event for sure.

Sent on 08/11/2010

Marina · Married on 06/12/2010

I've had the pleasure of working with Reiko for my june 12th wedding. Reiko did my hair and what a superb job she did! Not only did I feel and look beautiful on all of my pictures, my hair held up in 80% humidity in Central Park and were stunning during the ceremony (held outside) and the reception hall hours later. Through out the evening , people complimented my hair and were asking me for the # of the magician that turned my frizzy mess of ponytail into the gorgeous hair that any bride can only dream of. If you want to look beautiful on your wedding day(or any day for that matter) give Reiko a call.

Sent on 06/17/2010

Reiko knows how to create Japanese women's hair most beautiful and attractive.
    She also provided a perfect make-up to make me look 20 years younger!
    If I ever marry again (LOL), I'd ask her to do my hair and make-up again.

Sent on 07/15/2014