Reid's Catering Co. Reviews

16 | Banner Elk, NC

16 Reviews for Reid's Catering Co.

Amber · Married on 06/24/2017

We hired Reid's for appetizers and wait staff. We had a bartender and 4 servers. We did not choose the appetizers, instead we were told what they could provide. I enjoyed the country ham biscuits- they were amazing! The other two appetizers, I did not like only due to personal preference, but other people raved about the food. The bartender was amazing and servers were quick to clean up and helped break down everything after the wedding. It was great!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 05/28/2017

Tina Houston of Reid's catering was wonderful to work with! She and her assistant, Jessica, were prompt in their responses to my questions. They were most willing to make changes in the menu and accommodate our ideas. Our bride and groom didn't want wedding cake, but had a multi-layer wedding cheese that the groom's parents provided from Wisconsin and Tina provided wonderful flatbreads and crackers for the cheese. They did a great job of presenting the food - which was delicious - and their staff was seamless in moving around the venue to keep everything stocked, tidy, and picked up. Our bride and groom provided their own alcohol from Texas, and Tina's bartenders did a great job having the mixers and condiments for all kinds of drinks.
    Prior to the wedding in our "month before" conference call, Tina laid out ideas for presentation and service which showed professionalism and attention to detail which were very comforting to us. When we got off the phone, we felt like we were in good hands.
    I can heartily recommend Tina Houston and Reid's catering to any bride in the High Country.

Sent on 06/08/2017

Seth · Married on 09/24/2016

My wife and I were lucky enough to book Reid's Catering for our wedding. Many of our guests told us that it was the best wedding food they had ever eaten and I completely agree!

We found Jessica to be extremely helpful and thorough in planning our menu and making sure it was as well-rounded as possible. She took the time to double-check all of the details with us leading up to our big day, just to make sure it was exactly what we wanted. Their staff showed up early and were all friendly and well-trained. The food was cooked to perfection and served family-style, which suited our venue well. They even made our cake, which was a naked lemon cake covered in fresh fruit. Delicious!

We can't say enough about what a fantastic job Reid's Catering did and if we had to do it all again, we'd choose them every time!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Kelly · Married on 09/17/2016

I would recommend Reid's to anyone having an event in the High Country. Tina made menus for a bridal luncheon, stag party and rehearsal dinner. Everything she suggested was perfect and turned out great! Jessica was extremely helpful with invoicing. I would use them again in a heartbeat! If you don't have an event needing catering, I would just stop into Reid's for Lunch-so good!!!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Beth · Married on 08/20/2016

We had such a great experience working with Reid's catering! Tina, the owner, was incredibly professional, always excited to talk about plans, and had a ton of great ideas - from the venue set up to the final menu decisions. And the food was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented. Our guests raved! If all of that wasn't enough, the staff that worked with us on the day (Todd, talented chef, Austin, fabulous bartender, Christal, Griffin, Terry, and Jessica) all went above and beyond to make sure the wedding looked great and went smoothly! We couldn't be happier and we really can't thank them enough!!

Sent on 09/05/2016

Tina and all of the Reid's catering staff were wonderful! The food and the service were outstanding. The professionalism from the staff was really nice. Tina was very helpful in the planning stages of our event and worked closely with the coordinator on the day-of. I felt completely comfortable and confident that Reid's would come through with their services and they did. Thank you all!

Sent on 08/21/2015

I attened multiple weddings last year. All were catered by Reid's. The food was excellent, 5 star. The service was great, very professional and helpful. Overall I would recommend Reid's to anyone that is looking for an enjoyable, smooth flowing and fun time. Reid's will take care of all your needs.

Sent on 03/04/2015

Parker · Married on 06/13/2015

Reid’s recently catered our rehearsal dinner and did a fantastic job! We had BBQ at the Apple Barn in Valle Crucis, and it was perfect. We were thrilled to share some great NC BBQ with our out-of-town guests. A month after the wedding and I still have people commenting on the fabulous rehearsal dinner meal. Tina gladly accommodated my food allergies by making some of the mac & cheese, rolls, and pie gluten-free, which was really nice. The staff were friendly and professional. They even saw the gluten free options going quickly so they pulled those aside to save some for me! This is not the first time I’ve worked with Reid’s catering and it certainly won’t be the last. They always do a wonderful job, and I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/05/2015

Jennele · Married on 09/27/2014

Our food was amazing! The Mac and cheese, sweet potato biscuits, pimento cheese and black eyed pea salad were the best! The gluten free options were wonderful for us and all our guests. Super great staff and boss, would totally use them again and recommend to a friend.

Sent on 10/23/2014

Eleanor · Married on 06/14/2014

Tina Houston and the entire staff at Reid's are the best! We got married last summer at a family home in Blowing Rock, NC and Tina was an integral part in making our wedding possible. We really couldn't have done it without her help. Tina went above and beyond most caterers by helping me figure out all of our rentals and even the flow of the wedding reception. For the day of, Reid's staff was very professional and quick to pick up tasks that needed to be done. The food was also exceptional. I love Reid's fresh and simple menu items. Everything was so delicious from the sweet potato biscuits, to the flank steak and the watermelon salad that guests are still raving about. Our wedding went off without a hitch due to Tina's help and we had amazing food!!

Sent on 03/04/2015

Amy · Married on 07/14/2012

Tina catered our wedding dinner and it was fantastic. The food was delicious, she worked with local farmers to get fresh, organic ingredients, and the presentation was beautiful. Reid's handled the equipment rental, setup, bar service, and cleanup, which saved us SO much stress in the weeks leading up to the wedding and on our wedding day. The wait staff was awesome, too. They were on-time, efficient, and very friendly, and they really went above and beyond to make all of our guests feel welcome and well-tended.

Sent on 08/10/2012

Sarah · Married on 01/01/2010

Tina Houston is a dear friend and an amazing Chef. She helped me through not only picking a menu but rentals, alcohol, and the cake. All of my guests raved about the amazing food and the delicious cake. I knew I had nothing to worry about with Tina. Everything was so yummy.

Sent on 01/18/2010

Jenna · Married on 09/08/2018

We could not have been more pleased with our selection of caterers on the day of our wedding. The food and the service were phenomenal! Each one of the staff members went above and beyond to make us and our guests feel special. We received many compliments on how great the wait staff was throughout the reception. During set up, we ran into a space issue with our layout. Our head server, Julie, came up with an alternative that turned out even better than we could have hoped. I can't express how grateful I was to have such skilled and professional help on our special day. The whole evening went off without a hitch. I would highly recommend Reid's to anyone looking for a delicious menu and wonderful staff.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Meagan · Married on 07/20/2013

Tina and Lisa with Reid's Catering were wonderful in helping us feed our family and friends for our wedding! They created a personalized menu based on our tastes and used many local and in-season vegetables to prepare everything. Their staff was very professional and on point; we never noticed them placing out food, cleaning up, or bustling around. The food was absolutely delicious and we've received many, many compliments on everything! They also provided us with several recommendations of other vendors and helped secure rentals, etc. to make our planning that much easier! Thank you so much!

Sent on 09/15/2013

Amy · Married on 12/17/2016

4.2

We went with Reid's because 1. the were recommended by our venue, and 2. they had farm to table and seasonal food selections. They were a little more expensive then other vendors in the area, but we wanted high quality, healthy, local food. So we knew we were going to pay more for that. In the planning process they were fairly easy to work with. My only frustration in the planning was that we went back on forth on appetizers and seemed to keep mis-communicating on that.
    The food was delicious as expected and our guests loved it. I was able to tell them my price and they cut a few things to bring it down to the price/per head without compromising much. They worked with me on a custom menu which was great!
    My main complaint (and I could have prevented this had i double checked everything and the contract) is that we had settled on a kids menu/buffet via email, but it never got added to the contract. In confirming everything I confirmed kids numbers and prices, and just assumed it was all counted toward the kids menu (we had a lot of kids there). On the day of, I didn't see a kids buffet so I asked my server who asked the lead chef and he said he was never told of a kids menu. We quickly improvised into our stash of goldfish and string-cheese but I was frustrated in the mis-communication.
    Again, had I realized it was only agreed on in email and not in the contract, I may have caught it ahead of time. But there are so many details in wedding planning a few things are bound to get overlooked.
    Overall, they had great service and wonderful food!!! i would just make sure to double/triple check all the details.

Sent on 03/27/2017

3.8
      3.5

My family has worked with Reid's catering on a couple different occasions and they have amazing food. Tina is great to work with and so creative. I love the menu we came up with. The only negative was the creme brulee was made so early that the crust was just goo which is obviously not right. Other than that Tina and Reid's are wonderful, I do wish she could have been there the day of the wedding to make sure everything was correct, then I think there would not have been any issues.
    Reid's also provided the cake for our wedding. The tiers were not in the correct order and the cake was not decorated how I requested. The cake was very pretty, but did not look like I wanted it to.

Sent on 01/19/2014