31 Reviews for Redwood Hill Gardens

Parking (3)
Wheelchair Access (3)
Event Planning (1)
31 Redwood Hill Gardens Reviews

We planned our wedding from far away and after finding Redwood Hill Gardens we knew it was the one before looking at other venues within the area. Definitely not a "wedding factory" like so many other venues in wine country. The grounds are impeccable, the love and pride Rosie and Pat have for their home and gardens is infectious. Rosie was beyond amazing as I shipped package after package to her home in prep for the wedding. She gave spectacular recommendations on vendors within the area and was welcoming to newcomers when we went off script for some choices. The wedding and reception went off without a hitch, Rosie and Pat are well oiled machines! It was an insanely gorgeous place to get married and I highly recommend Redwood Hill Gardens for anyone looking for an upscale chic yet approachable place to get married in wine country. Its the BEST!

Profile Picture User7646675, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I rarely give 5-star reviews, but Redwood Hill Gardens deserves it. This venue was perfect for our wedding (100 guests). We were looking for an upscale-casual venue that didn't feel like a "we do 200 weddings each year" place. When you first visit Redwood Hill Gardens, there's a bit of a "wow" factor for how much love the owners have put into the property. And there's also a bit of a "wow" factor from the owners themselves - Rosie and Pat went out of their way to accommodate everything we needed to make the day perfect, even down to helping coordinate the day itself!

We had at least 30 guests tell us how awesome the venue was, and it really made for some beautiful pictures. We highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for an intimately beautiful location off-the-beaten-track.

Profile Picture Marshall, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My in-laws planned a rehearsal dinner at Redwood Hill Gardens in September. We were having a destination wedding in wine country. I thought this setting would be perfect considering all of our guests were from out of town. It really was a great, peaceful place among the trees. Such a wonderful setting and set up for events. Rosie and her husband Pat were highly receptive and accommodating. Would definitely recommend Redwood Hill Gardens for a rehearsal dinner, wedding, or any other event!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/2/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Rosie and Pat are 100% the reason our wedding was as magical as it was. They are a dream come true, and the venue they have created and maintained reflects that. We clicked with them from the first meeting and they have been nothing but helpful and supportive from start to finish. They made sure everything was in order and that we never had to worry about things going smoothly at any point during the day and into the evening. We could not have asked for a better pair to be present on our special day.

The grounds are absolutely breathtaking. We are still getting compliments about how we chose to have our wedding at the most gorgeous location ever. No one has yet to top this place, and I think it will be very difficult for anyone to do that easily! Well worth the money for this wonderful location and to get to know the two best people you will ever meet in your life!

Profile Picture Cassie, 7/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Look no further! Redwood Hill Gardens is a dream! After months of searching (and almost signing a contract somewhere else), my husband and I decided to check out Redwood Hill Gardens. Moments after meeting Rosie and Pat, we KNEW this was the place we wanted to get married. Rosie and Pat made wedding planning SO much easier. They were so accommodating, kind, and just absolutely ADORABLE! They had worked with our vendors (caterer, DJ, and florist) before, so it was a BREEZE! Everything ran seamlessly. Our guests (from all over the country) haven’t stopped gushing about how beautiful the venue was and how much fun they had! We thank Redwood Hill Gardens for that!

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

Having our wedding reception at Redwood Hill Gardens in the town of Sebastopol in Sonoma County, was like having it in a Secret Garden!

My husband and I stumbled upon it online, as we searched for venues in the Sonoma and Bodega Bay areas. We wanted outdoor, intimate, and lots and lots of flowers and green. Done, done, and done! Rosie and Pat are the owners and they were incredibly accommodating and helpful. They actually give you a packet of resources for vendors in the area who they have worked with before and who they recommend- with a range of prices (ideal for out-of-towners, like us!) I found the packet so helpful that I actually had all our vendors booked within a month of having our date decided! A huge load off my mind!

Our wedding was beyond amazing (biased bride), but relatives and friends on both sides are still contacting us to say how phenomenal the reception venue (RHG) was!

Our wedding was June 4th, 2016, and the weather was fantastic. While the rest of Sonoma County was melting in 95+ temperatures, the beautiful, shaded gardens at RHG kept our guests cool and able to enjoy the ambiance of the Redwoods and flowers with the setting sun.

It was perfect.

I highly recommend Rosie & Pat, and their beautiful Redwood Hill Gardens for anyone looking for a lovely, intimate, outdoor wedding or reception!

It was everything my husband and I could have wished for and more.

Happy planning!! :)

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Parking, Wheelchair Access

When we got engaged i said how much I'd like to be married outside and I'd love a 'backyard wedding' yet we didn't know anyone in the Bay Area with a place that would accommodate. From the moment we visited Redwood Hill Gardens and met Pat and Rosie we knew we wanted to get married there. They were kind, warm, fun and professional and made us feel like old family friends (I always got a big hug whenever we went round for walk around) so I feel like I really did have a 'backyard wedding' at a friends house (a glamorous and professional one!)

The grounds are beautiful and the different areas mean you can customize as you want and there is no one 'right' way to host your wedding there. They gave us guidance and advice on what had worked in the past (and what hadn't) but at the same time I felt like we had total control to make the day our own. Their 'rules' for using the venue were minimal and did not mean we had to make any compromises on what we were looking for. They were very responsive to our questions, the big and small ones, and were just so great to work with. On the day they were a great mix of being always there to help and guide the proceedings but at the same time were not intrusive on our day. There was a light rain/ mist all morning and Rosie kept popping in to reassure me that it would lift in time for the ceremony and all would be fine, which it was! They were so efficient (and most of our guests punctual) that we actually started completely on time!

All in all, I can't recommend them enough and I am so happy that we found them. I wouldn't change a thing about the venue or Pat and Rosie, they helped make our day extra special.

Profile Picture Sally, 10/17/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Redwood Hill Gardens was the perfect spot for our wedding day, and truly turned my dream wedding into a reality. When we first toured the venue and met Rosie and Pat, we instantly fell in love. Not only are the grounds spectacular, but Rosie and Pat make you feel right at home. They were nothing short of excellent. Rosie assisted me with so much of the planning- from referring vendors to making sure everything was running smoothly day of. Pat was able to make our garden/ setup visions a reality and helped our guests find thier way into the ceremony lawn day of. The grounds are beautifully kept and maintained- beautiful flowers, plants, redwoods, meandering paths, lawns etc. So many of our guests said that our wedding was the most beautiful outdoor venue they had ever seen! We not only fell in love with Redwood Hill Gardens during our year of planning, but also Pat and Rosie. We owe the magic of our special day to Redwood Hill Gardens :)

Profile Picture Courtney, 7/11/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The gardens are beautiful and Rosie was extremely accommodating to my strange little reception and my needs. Everything was perfect.

Profile Picture Kit, 6/20/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is so unique and beautiful. My guests were so enchanted by the trees and flowers and beautiful view. I loved the casual yet classy feel of my late May wedding there. Rosie and Pat really are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. They are always gracious about answering questions and flexible if you need to make last minute changes. Finding Redwood Hill Gardens was instrumental in allowing me to have my dream wedding! The only thing to be aware of is that it gets somewhat chilly at night so guests should dress appropriately, bringing not just a sweater but a real jacket. I would choose Redwood Hill Gardens again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Redwood Hill Gardens was the perfect wedding venue. In a great blend of accessibility and remote privacy, the grounds are gorgeous and provide many different spaces to host the parts of your event. From the lawn where we had our ceremony to the area under the redwoods where we had dinner to the sitting area with firepit and poolside where the DJ, bar and photobooth were set up to all the meandering paths, swing set, prep areas... everything is manicured to perfection and provides a setting we could only describe as magical.

Rosie and Pat are the best hosts, directors, day of coordinators a couple could ask for. We visited many times between booking and our event and were always welcomed even on short notice. All of our vendors knew RHG and it was their favorite place to work.

I can't imagine how it could get better than Redwood Hill Gardens, Rosie and Pat.

We had a perfect wedding and we owe much of that to choosing this amazing venue and working with these wonderful people. Cannot recommend highly enough

Profile Picture Max, 5/23/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rosie and Pat are truly some of the loveliest people ever! Even though we eloped with just the two of us, they made us feel as though we were among friends, along with Brian, our awesome officiant, and Sara, our fantastic photographer. From the moment we arrived, we felt as though we made the right decision. It was so low stress because our package included everything (flowers, photos, officiant, cake) and all we had to do was get dressed and show up!

The grounds were absolutely breathtaking! Whether you are looking to elope, like we did, or have a bunch of folks in your party, they can accommodate you. Yes, it takes a bit of a haul to get there, but it is so worth it. We thought about getting married at a winery, but we didn't want visitors to the winery gawking at us while we doing our nuptials. We wanted a private, intimate retreat and Redwood Hill Gardens delivered.

Do not hesitate to book this awesome hidden jewel for your wedding. You will have the most awesome photos and memories to show for it.

Profile Picture User4618985, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an amazing experience from the beginning to the end. Rosie and Pat were welcoming and responsive to our emails and requests. They made us feel like we were the only couple that they were working with. The venue was beautiful! You could tell they both take pride in their home and strived to make our wedding day special. The entire experience was so easy.

Profile Picture Gabriella, 8/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Redwood Hill Gardens is simply beautiful! We completely fell in love with the gardens and redwoods when we first saw the location. There are different pathways and spaces that provided so many choices for the ceremony, dinner, and dancing. My photos from the wedding are simply gorgeous, in huge part because of the setting. There are so many amazing photo opportunities, including old fashioned wood swings, a little pond, a bridge with twinkle lights, and amazing trees and plants. Rosie and Pat are helpful and friendly! I highly recommend Redwood Hill Gardens!

Profile Picture User4253907, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am the mother of the bride and found the Redwood Hills Garden a perfect site. Beautiful gardens with a redwood grove, lawn, ponds, pool , pool cabana, deck, flag stone patio and more. All together the site gives you variety for all to explore.
Rosie and Pat have developed an amazing site for a wedding, anniversary or birthday party .
Rosie and Pat also provide their experience in making everything go smoothly. They are fun,
flexible and supportive. As mother of the bride I appreciated their calm yet fun support.
I can't recommend this site enough in that it is better than all wineries combined.

Profile Picture User4258422, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had such a magical wedding and a large part of that credit goes to our venue. Redwood Hill Gardens is such a beautiful, tucked away piece of paradise. Pat and Rosie are friendly, helpful, flexible, and very accommodating. Everyone should get married here!

Profile Picture User4212155, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rosie and Pat are simply amazing people. In retirement, they have turned their property into a stunning garden wedding venue. Pat has done all of the manual labor, including planting his own redwood trees, which now are huge redwoods throughout the property. Seriously, the property is stunning and a very cool place to have a wedding. The property is split into three layers, which worked well to break up the party since we had the ceremony and reception there. Rosie and Pat came with vendor recommendations and know a lot about weddings so they are there to answer any questions. Rosie was the day-of coordinator and she made sure all vendors were doing as they were supposed to and all in the wedding ceremony were doing as they were supposed to and on time. I could go on and on about how great Redwood Hill Gardens is, and Pat and Rosie, but I suggest you simply find out for yourself.

Profile Picture User4236572, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I just got married at Redwood Hill Gardens last weekend and we could not have picked a better venue. Pictures simply do not do the property justice. Rosie and Pat have turned their backyard into any brides dream venue. It has various locations to accommodate different parts of your wedding and has both a bridal suite and man cave for the parties to get ready in.

I used to do event coordinating in the Napa Valley and have been to many different wedding locations, but hands down this was one of the most unique spots that I have ever been to. On top of being a great venue, Rosie and Pat are so lovely to work with. They are very responsive to your needs and will try to accommodate you the best they can.

Before choosing a venue, I did a lot of research and this property by far gives you the best value. Their venue cost was lower than the wineries that we looked at and you were able to provide your own alcohol. A lot of wineries require you to purchase the wine from them, but this is not the case for Redwood Hill Gardens. This allowed us to have the wine that we wanted to drink at our wedding, not what someone has required you to purchase.

I would highly recommend checking out this wedding venue. They also do elopements and corporate events for those who are interested.

Rosie and Pat ~ Thank you again for making our special day perfect. Love Bill and Stacie

Profile Picture stacie , 5/31/14, 1 Review
4.2

We held our small wedding ceremony and reception at Redwood Hill Gardens, and were very happy to share our vows in the amazingly beautiful place. Rosie was very accommodating and flexible with the planning that took place up until our big day; she even booked us on her birthday! It was an unforgettable experience, and we are so glad we found Redwood Hill Gardens to share with our close friends and family on our special day. We would highly recommend Rosie and Redwood Hill Gardens for any memorable special occasion.

Profile Picture Angela, 5/23/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I got married at Redwood Hill Gardens on September 7th, 2013. My fiance and I live in San Francisco, but really wanted an outdoor wedding, and since SF weather is unpredictable we decided to check out Sonoma County. When I first went online to look for a wedding venue I was very frustrated because every venue that popped up was a winery, and they all required that you use their wine and preferred vendors. That was not going to cut it for us. I eventually stumbled upon Redwood Hill Gardens' website and I was thrilled to find a gorgeous venue that gave you the freedom to bring in the vendors that you love! We quickly made an appointment to check out the venue. We were sold on Redwood Hill Gardens the minute we stepped foot on the property. The grounds are stunning and Rosie and Pat, the owners of Redwood Hill Gardens, are the nicest people to work with. Throughout the entire process of planning our wedding they were available and eager to help in every way possible. Our wedding day at Redwood Hill Gardens was the best day of our lives! We had our ceremony on the lawn under a beautiful floral archway. Our cocktail hour was by the pool, followed by dinner in the redwood grove, and then we returned to the pool area to have dessert and dance the night away. The weather was great and every inch of the property showed up beautifully. You will not find a more perfect backdrop for your romantic wedding photos. Our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever attended, and I knew it would be! My only regret is that the day went by too quickly. Wish we could do it all over again! Thank you Pat and Rosie!

Profile Picture Victoria, 9/7/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was incredible. I searched high and low for the right spot for our wedding through obscure vineyards in Napa and Sonoma without success. Luckily I stumbled upon Redwood Hill Gardens and on a whim, went up to see it with my fiancee. It is so unbelievably beautiful, a terraced property with different areas for the different parts of the wedding. I wanted our guests to experience a different setting for the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception but not have to drive anywhere. This place is perfect for that. The owners Pat and Rosie are absolutely phenomenal in how accomodating, helpful and sweet they are. They put forth 110% to make sure the day went exactly as we had wanted. Cannot recommend it more!!!

Profile Picture Mariko, 8/10/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is gorgeous and the owners are there to help you in any way possible. They are very flexible and want to make you happy. I'd definitely recommend Redwood Hill Gardens!

Profile Picture User3423549, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I decided last minute to have a small wedding and we only had less than three weeks to plan. We feel SO lucky to have found Rosie and Pat at Redwood Hill Gardens!!! We were blown away when we first visited their site. It's so beautiful!!! Rosie and Pat showed us around and gave us ideas and feedback on what we could do. We went with their elopement package, which was a huge blessing given that we had very little time. Rosie was so helpful and accommodating throughout the entire process. She recommended WONDERFUL vendors (photographer, florist, cake, etc) and was so patient coordinating every little details with me over the email (almost on a daily basis for two weeks). Our wedding was flawless, everything we wanted! Rosie and Pat were so kind and warm to our guests, and helping us make sure every detail was perfect. We can't thank Rosie and Pat enough, and we are so grateful that they helped us create our special magical day!!

Profile Picture User3429339, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is really beautiful and the hosts are so nice and accommodating. It was the perfect venue for our intimate wedding on the most beautiful evening. Highly recommend this place.

Profile Picture User3906690, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were married at Redwood Hill Gardens this past June. We had looked at quite a few garden and winery venues in Sonoma County before finding this one, and we can guarantee that this is THE BEST option in the area. The flexibility of having access to the site for the entire weekend, the outdoor kitchen, the separate bridal suite and groom's room, the built-in cabana/bar, and the lighting for when it gets dark (among so many other things!) made it an incredible value for the price. The place is visually stunning, and the owners, Pat and Rosie, were incredibly helpful, sweet, and supportive throughout the planning process. They put a great deal of effort into preparing their beautiful home for our guests, and they helped out behind the scenes before, during, and after the wedding. Our guests are still commenting on how beautiful the venue was. We could not have asked for a better venue!

Profile Picture Kayla, 6/8/13, 2 Reviews