Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey Reviews

1 User photo

Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey 1

kaitlyn · Married on 06/23/2018

Very Happy Couple

My husband and I got married July 28th 2018 and had our reception at the Red Lion Hotel. We had a few options for a reception venue, but from the price to the accommodations, we were both very happy with our choice.

From day one, Brenda made sure that we had all the information we needed to not only plan our wedding reception but also to make it one that we would remember forever. She went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I were happy with every decision being made.

The day of the wedding was perfect. My husband and I did not need to worry about a thing. The Red Lion Hotel staff was extremely professional and took care of everything. We would recommend The Red Lion Hotel to anyone getting married in the Hershey/Harrisburg area.

Sent on 03/16/2019
    Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey 2

Margy · Married on 05/20/2017

We shopped around for hotel accommodations for our wedding guests, there were plenty of choices, and I am so glad that we chose Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey. The rooms were lovely, the impromptu after-reception party in the bar was fun and the servers were patient and professional, and when I called at 2 am to ask if I could pay for my guests breakfasts, the front desk was very accommodating. My soon to be niece in law is having a wedding in the area next year and she is also booked with Red Lion for her guests. Lovely hotel.

Sent on 06/15/2018
  • Cassandra

Cassandra · Married on 04/08/2017

My husband and I used the Red Lion Hotel for our wedding reception April 8th 2017. Throughout the entire process (and of course on our special day) they were simply amazing! Each step was reviewed with us; there was personalization; and every employee was extremely accommodating to make our evening that extra special! Wonderful service from wonderful people!

Sent on 05/06/2017

dino · Married on 09/10/2016

For months my fiance (then) and I were undecided where to get married and picking a venue. We are both pick!y! Until we met Brenda from the Red Lion Hotel, and she made all of our dream weddings come true.

From day one , We have never experecienced such a professional person, she took the time to explain everything from prices to the very last detail of where can the guests go smoke. Every time I would call her, wich seemed 10 thousand times, she was kind, did not feel like I bothered her and took the time to answer and help every question we had.

months of planning she was there, until the big day came, and walking in the ballroom where the reception was held my wife and I plus our parents plus our guests were all taken away.

The red lion hotel crew went above and beyond. it was absolute amazing how they set up everything, the place looked amazingly beatiful, the bartenders were awesome and of course Brenda from the time we walked in the door she made sue the bride and I and our party and guests were taken care of 100 percent.

for anyone looking to get married I highly recommend this place , you won't be disappointed, do not hesitate to call Brenda and start your dream wedding like my wife and I did!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Rosanne · Married on 09/10/2016

I'm the brides mother, (Rosanne) and I must say leading up to the wedding, I was nervous, always expecting the unexpected. You always hope for the best, but that's not always the case. Well, the red lion hotel crew especially Brenda made my daughters dream wedding come true.

From day one , Brenda went above and beyond. She took the time to explain everything, from prices to rooms set up, to the food to everything.

Months of planning and she was there on top of things helping us with everything.

The day of the wedding , everything looked like a million bucks , and the whole red lion hotel crew was amazing making sure our guests were taken care of .

Thank you for making my daughters and son in laws special day amazing

Sent on 09/14/2016

Chelsea · Married on 08/20/2016

We worked with Brenda, she was amazing, so easy to work with and helpful! She went above and beyond. Have your reception at Red Lion!

Sent on 09/23/2016

Juliet · Married on 09/19/2015

My husband and I got married here on Sept 19, 2015. We had about 6 months to plan before our wedding, and everything went smoothly with our friendly and experienced coordinator Brenda. The wedding package really helped simplify the process by collaborating with vendors used to working with each other. The chef was very accommodating and spiced up the food for our Latin and Asian guests. Having the Presidential Suite was another plus since I had plenty of space to hang out and get ready with my bridesmaids and nieces. I appreciated having the option of doing the ceremony outside on the deck, then moving inside to the Dauphin Ballroom for the reception. Overall, it was a great venue for our special day and definitely gave us the most bang for our buck!

Sent on 02/15/2017

Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey's reply:

Thank you Juliet for sharing your experience at the Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey. It was a pleasure to work with you and Chun. You made our job very easy. Best wishes!

The Dauphin Ballroom was a great place to have a wedding reception! Brenda was a pleasure to work with during the planning process! She was very quick to answer any questions that we had and she was willing to do whatever she could to help us along the way. Angie was a really good maître d! The food was good and all of the staff was very friendly. Thank you for an awesome night that will we will never forget :)

Sent on 08/25/2014

Shout out to Brenda at the HI. She is amazing at her job. She answers questions quickly and makes planning go smoothly. We didn't have to worry about anything on our big day; we could just show up and enjoy. Shout out to Angee too. She led us through the reception from arrival to the end. She checked in to see how we were doing. We had the best time. Everything was handled with care and professionalism.

Sent on 08/10/2014
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 06/14/2014

I can not say enough about the service we received at the Holiday Inn Harrisburg East. Each and every person we came in contact with went above and beyond to make sure we had what we needed. They even went across the street and bought us a full length mirror because we said we MIGHT need on. My personal attendant Angie was extremely helpful with whatever I needed, and I can't even tell you how many people told me how much they loved the food. I am so glad we chose this venue for our special day :)

Sent on 06/21/2014

Brenda was wonderful to work with and so helpful. Angie our day of coordinator made the day perfect and relaxing.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Megan · Married on 05/10/2014

Best choice for our wedding reception. Brenda was awesome to work with she made the planning so easy and painless. We had so many compliments during our reception about how great the food and service were and it looked fabulous. Angee, our Matra De was also wonderful. My husband and I are very happy with our experience and Highly recommend

Sent on 06/04/2014

Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey's reply:

Dear Megan and Eric,
    The Holiday Inn Harrisburg East was very honored that you choose us to help you celebrate your special day. Thank you very much for your kind words. It was my pleasure to get to know each of you and share in the experience. I know that Angie feels the same way! Best wishes in your new venture as husband and wife.
    Brenda

We had our wedding reception at the Holiday Inn Harrisburg East and have no regrets! I think from the moment we sat down with Brenda we knew that's where we were going to celebrate our wedding. The prices were very reasonable, the food was great and they have contracts with several reputable companies in the area (cake, flowers, etc) which made planning even easier. Brenda was always fully prepared during our meetings and made everything a lot less stressful. The reception was great and the staff very friendly. We got exactly what we had asked for and couldn't be happier!

Sent on 05/31/2013
  • Justin and Amanda

Justin and Amanda · Married on 07/28/2012

The HI HBG East did a wonderful job coordinating all that we asked of them for our big night! Brenda is a pro, along with the other staff, at making it special. Everything ran smoothly and we couldn't ask for anything more. We met several times and Brenda was right there during every step of the planning to guide us.

We are both teachers and created a lot, I mean a lot, to make special details for the entire event. Working myself at wedding functions as a server, my expectations were high knowing what goes into everything and they earned a solid 5 star rating. The food was excellent. The service was amazing. Wedding receptions cost a lot, but NO ONE would offer even close to what they include. Delicious food, bar, cake, flowers, rooms, limo, setup of all the small details, and many other intangible factors.

Sent on 08/09/2012

We had our wedding reception at the Holiday Inn East Harrisburg and our experience was nothing but positive. Brenda was great at coordinating everything for us. She was enthusiastic, thorough, and responded quickly to all our questions and requests. We went into our big day with the peace of mind that everything would be great and we had nothing to worry about. Bob, the Banquet Director, was also great. He had to room (Dauphin Ballroom) set up beautifully and the dinner/reception went off without a glitch. He even hooked us up the Guiness for our toast instead of sparkling wine (at our request) and made sure our glasses were never empty the rest of the night. The convenience of leaving the reception and heading straight to our room was much appreciated and many of our guests expressed the same sentiment. They also commented on how lovely the room looked and on the great quality of the food. We would not hesitate for a second to recommend the Holiday Inn for a wedding reception. They do a superb job.

Sent on 07/06/2012

Gwen · Married on 03/17/2012

Holiday Inn Harriosburg East staff are the most professional and expert staff of any hotel I have used.

Sent on 03/24/2012
  • Gregory

Gregory · Married on 06/25/2011

Brenda and her staff were an amazing group to work with. They made the wedding planning seem as smooth and easy as possible. Their wide selection of choices made it personal, as well as their felxibility to customize things to make our wedding day the best it could be. Brenda is very professional, proficient, as well as personal with all the requirements for a wedding. Couldn't have asked for a better group to work with

Sent on 12/07/2011

Tami · Married on 06/18/2011

Wonderful place for a reception! Everyone agreed that the food was AMAZING! The staff could not have more more polite and accomodating! Brenda is a true professional! Best night of my life!!!

Sent on 07/23/2011
  • Rosanna

Rosanna · Married on 05/29/2011

Brenda and all the event staff at the Holiday Inn Harrisburg East are fantastic to work with. We had the ceremony out on the deck and then proceeded to the Pennsylvania Ballroom for the reception. The food is phenomenal, with lots of compliments from guests. It is by far one of the best values you can find with tax and gratuity included within the price per person.The hotel provides you with a complimentary suite on your wedding night and a bottle of champagne. Brenda was extremely helpful with any questions that came up during the planning stage. We had a breakfast with a few of our guests who stayed at the hotel and were given a private room to do so. Be sure to add this venue to your list when you are researching, you may just end up writing a review of your own.

Sent on 06/01/2011

Erin · Married on 04/23/2011

The Holiday Inn Harrisburg East is a wonderful choice for a classy and cost-effective reception!

Brenda Ryneski (Sales Manager/our contact person) walked us through the entire planning process, promptly answered all of our questions, and even offered recommendations for a DJ and other vendors when we requested some guidance. Victor (Banquet Captain) and the entire staff gave us the VIP treatment throughout the wedding weekend. Plus, our guests, who traveled from as far as India and New Zealand, enjoyed the overnight accommodations and the hotel's beautiful Easter Brunch on the morning after the reception.

We will always have fond memories of dining and dancing in the Pennsylvania Ballroom and our wedding-night stay in the beautiful and spacious Presidential Suite.

Sent on 06/16/2011

cindy · Married on 11/13/2010

I can't say enough about Brenda and the staff at the Holiday Inn Harrisburg East. We just had my daughter's wedding there and everything was absolutly perfect. the food is great, the service is second to none, and the value for your money is exceptional. My daughter and her husband were extremely happy with their suite they were given, it was so beautifully decorated and it was very obvious staff took pride in what they were doing. They wanted it to be special...and it was. Brenda was extremly helpful with everything and very accommodating. We had a breakfast for our guests who stayed at the hotel on Sunday and once again, everything was great. Staff are always very helpful. You simply cannot go wrong with this venue. you will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 11/18/2010

Jessica · Married on 10/09/2009

Everyone was very kind and professional. The room was decorated beautifully, and the food was terrific!

Sent on 10/25/2009

Jennifer · Married on 12/31/2008

They did such a great job. Everything went so smoothly. The food and cake was great. It couldn't been any better.

Sent on 01/10/2009

melissa · Married on 11/15/2008

Brenda Ryneski was a delight to work with. She is very professional and is a master of their craft. She went above and beyond for me. I would recommend this venue and Brenda to everyone! I can not thank her enough for making my dream wedding come true!

Sent on 01/09/2009

Lisa · Married on 10/18/2008

We were very pleased with the service we received. Brenda Ryneski made our wedding go very smoothly. We had a great time and we had a wonderful wedding reception!!

Sent on 01/15/2009