Rangoli Reviews

37 | Chantilly, VA

37 Reviews for Rangoli

Dev Ganesan · Married on 11/14/2018

Excellent Food

One of the top for South India vegetarian food in the DC area. From menu planning to delivery , Rangoli was superb.

Lalitha Suresh · Married on 11/03/2018

Rangoli is best place to cater for all your parties

Rangoli is the best place to cater for any parties you plan. Their food is One of the best tasting and kumar and his team provides fantastic service from start to finish. A place to go to make your party planning easy , hassle free and delicious .

• U

Ujwal · Married on 10/27/2018

Great Food and Service!

We used Rangoli for an Indian-American fusion wedding and a Mehndi night a few days earlier. The owner Kumar walked us through a spectacular tasting of various creative dishes and was very accommodating to our requests for specific fusion ideas. Rangoli was reasonably priced and responded quickly to our questions throughout the planning stages up until our wedding day. Kumar takes a holistic approach and doesn't look at just catering, but also gives feedback for the overall day. Rangoli arrived early for the events and set up in ample time. The Mehndi night dishes, cocktail hour food, and reception cuisine got rave reviews from both sides at our wedding! Rangoli truly went the extra mile at each and every step from the start of our planning process to the end of our wedding day. We wholeheartedly recommend them!

Arathi · Married on 10/20/2018

I had the food catered by Rangoli for my son's engagement. When I first met Mr.Kumar Iyer, Rangoli's owner I told him that I come from a family of foodies and that I had sky high expectations from him. I met Kumar a few times to discuss and finalize the menu. He was very responsive and very easy to work with. Kumar did give it his best shot on the engagement day- the food was amazing, service was exceptional . Thank you for an amazing job.

Payal · Married on 06/03/2018

One of the best food and service for catering in Northern Virginia area. Very professional and exceptional service. Quality of food is exceptionally awesome. Thank you for making our event more special with your delicious food and amazing service.

Malan · Married on 05/19/2018

Kumar at Rangoli made our son’s wedding very special, the food was delicious, the presentation was fabulous and as a host, we were confident that the food service was handled with professionalism and we did not have to worry about it.

Malaika · Married on 05/05/2018

Having Rangoli cater our event was the best decision ever. Kumar is very professional, on time, organised and extremely helpful. The food was 'EXCELLENT', our guests were raving about the quality of the food. I will recommend this place for any event. THANK YOU so much Rangoli!

Kruti · Married on 05/04/2018

Serving food for a fusion wedding is no easy task. Kumar and his team were fantastic in delivering exceptional service and top quality food for my guests on May 4th.

Our guests couldn't stop raving about the food- starting with mango lassi and pakora on a hot day followed by exceptional lunch and desert.

Thank you Kumar and team!

sabita · Married on 04/28/2018

Rangoli recently catered for many of our wedding events. The whole process of catering was made easy by Kumar who was very diligent and helpful from planning the menu,brainstorming several different combinations to the final selection . The food was absolutely the best part ! it was exactly as we envisioned with a complete all South Indian spread for the wedding ceremony to a totally different cuisine for the reception. Some of the hit items we would recommend were Avial, paruppu Usiilee to the Shyam savera , augratin, the okra crips, the pani puri shots and so on, the list goes on.
    Kumar is very easy to talk to and is very responsive via email and over phone. His flexibility and calm demeanor is what any wedding needs . Thank you for making my daughters day the best!

S · Married on 04/21/2018

We had three wedding events, each with a very different menu- all catered by Mr. Kumar and his team at Rangoli. Mr. Kumar was organized, creative, helped us design a wonderful menu, and was very accodmodative. Our guests were pleased with the food at all events!
    Thank you Team Rangoli!
    - SP (Centreville, VA)

Almin · Married on 04/20/2018

Kumar at Rangoli was a gem of a person to work with. He not only accommodated us on a very short notice but helped us find other vendors. They are very professional, reasonably priced and knows what they are doing. To top it all off, my guests really enjoyed the food. Look no further for your catering needs. I would highly recommend him.

Lakshmi · Married on 01/07/2018

Food is Love and Love is Food for Head chef and Rangoli Owner Mr. Kumar Iyer! Even simple dishes are made in Gourmet style with meticulous attention to detail, every effort is made to maintain the same taste, flavor, texture and consistency of the food served at the buffet at the venue as it is while served at the restaurant. We were very much touched by the warm and enthusiastic manner in which Kumar approached each and every detail of the reception- even providing help on the non catering details. Kumar also thinks on his feet and is able to easily solve any last minute unforeseen hiccups! His passion, creativity and style made the reception a grand success.

Shreya · Married on 11/11/2017

The food was delicious for both our ceremony and reception and the service was great too. Rangoli made it so easy to plan our menus and made sure everything went smoothly on the day of. They worked very well with our venue too. We are very pleased with the quality and presentation of the food.

Ami · Married on 09/30/2017

Our baby shower was catered by Rangoli and everything was delicious. Food not only tasted great but they also did fantastic job with presentation. Many of our guests asked us where we had catered the food from. All the changes we had asked during menu tasting were incorporated on the event day. Kumar is great guy to work with as he is professional and listens to what you are asking for. I would highly recommend Rangoli!

Byron · Married on 05/20/2017

The food was excellent and the service outstanding. This was our first time planning a wedding and we forgot several minor items. Kumar and his staff went beyond his responsibilities to ensure the event was a success.

We catered from Rangoli for our wedding on Sept 6, 2015 and had a fabulous experience working with them. Choosing Kumar and his team at Rangoli was the easiest decision when planning our wedding. From the beginning to the day of, he was always on point, on time, and exceeded our expectations. Food was delicious; service was excellent. He also gave us great references for a decorator and DJ whom we worked with for our wedding. All around a great team. I would highly recommend Rangoli!

Kavya · Married on 06/13/2015

Rangoli catered for our best friend's wedding reception and it was simply exceptional! Amazing food of course. But the way everything was managed at the reception by Mr. Kumar was amazing. Great professionalism and we didn't encounter any problems. The table we were sitting at, there were folks from Indiana and they kept giving the 'Wows' thru out the cocktail hr. When the dinner was served, they asked me if I was familiar with this restaurant. The good thing was since there was a mix of Indian and American crowd, the spiciness of the food was just perfect. And an important point to be noted is when we normally cater from a Indian restaurant to serve a buffet at a party, I have always felt that when the order is huge, the quality of the food goes down the drain. In this case, Rangoli's food tasted yummy!! Kumar made sure he was attentive to all the people. He himself went out to each table to serve the champagne before the toast. I have no doubt in my mind that the next time I have an event I am hosting , if Iam going with a Indian theme, the food would be definitely from Rangoli, because its isn't just the food ..its the best service and appeal that comes with it.

Suresh · Married on 06/13/2015

Rangoli catered our wedding at the Old Town Hall in Fairfax,VA. The food and service was exceptional! We received compliments from a large number of guests for the food. Our event was completely vegetarian and we heard from some confirmed non-vegetarians that the food was so good, they didn't miss the fact that there was no meat.

Kumar was easy to work with and gave the event special attention. Right from the food tasting we knew we were in good hands. The wait staff and bartenders were wonderful as well. We highly recommend Rangoli!

Rajani · Married on 06/07/2015

Kumar Iyer was very efficient through out the process. He also brought us the linens, flatware and tabletop items along with catering. He took the lead in coordinating with the other vendors. Was very helpful and made sure he paid personal attention to make sure that the events ( three of them) went off without a hitch and was enjoyed by everyone. Mr. Iyer is a consummate professional and was very helpful. I recommend him without any hesitation for families that have to put together a large wedding with multiple events.

abdul · Married on 05/31/2015

Food is the best part for the guest in the wedding reception, and it took us ages to decide whom to go for. A friend of mine recommended Rangoli. Wow, that was a hit. First of all, they would always be ready to meet you at my time and try to accommodate everything at that same time. I spoke to "Sam" the general Manager and he helped us to create a variety of options for our dinner. They kindly adapted to our taste and choice. They were there beforehand organizing everything before the wedding. Their decoration of the tables and the way they just presented everything looked awesome. Sam was there every time coordinating with the venue people and my friends who were helping me. Food was an excellent hit and their service was impeccable. I would definitely recommend it to everyone and would choose them over and over again for other functions. Thank you Rangoli Team you guys made my special day very memorable.

Abdul and Zabiba

We catered for my brother's reception party. The food was great. Everyone liked it. It was served hot and the service was great too! Highly recommend.

Rangoli made the Sangeet and the Wedding day extra special with their amazing food and hospitality.

It was for my sister's wedding that we got the catering done from Rangoli. Kumar made sure that we got a perfect menu for all our guests including the children. For the Sangeet we went with Mumbai styled street food and for the wedding more elaborate and lavish menu. The presentation of the food and the hospitality service was incredibly done for both the days. The desserts were one of the highlights of the occasions.

Thanks to Kumar and Sam from Rangoli for making it a memorable event for my sister and our families and friends.

Payal · Married on 12/27/2014

We were very happy with their service. They took care of all our special food needs and it worked out wonderfully

Sharan · Married on 12/25/2014

One word; Excellent! Rangoli provided catering services for 5 of our wedding events and did an excellent job with each event. Their food is probably the best indian in No. VA. Would recommend these guys for any/all of your events and for lunch/dinner at their restaurant too!

We have celebrated our daughter's wedding on 12/7/2014. Rangoli was our caterer for both Lunch and Dinner for about 280 people. We are very pleased with the service that Rangoli provided. The Food was EXCELLENT and everyone raved about their special item Palak chat. Kumar Iyer and his manager Sam, are very nice and to work with. They accommodated all our requests without any complaints.

I would definitely recommend them for another event of such scale (and I am sure they can handle larger scales too)