Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Geneva Reviews

10 | Geneva, NY

10 Reviews for Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Geneva

Ashley Lugo · Married on 06/15/2019

Wedding June 15th 2019

Tim is AMAZING to say the least! He made sure everything ran perfectly & looked just the way i wanted it to ( Which took a lot of stress off of myself) My guest completed him on everything he did ! Highly recommended !!!

Sent on 06/30/2019

Ann-Margaret · Married on 09/15/2017

My fiance and i are planning our wedding at the Ramada and so far they have been great to work with!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Stacey · Married on 06/24/2017

Timothy Ruthven is a great guy! Awesome to work with, professional, and always available for questions!

Sent on 07/15/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/09/2015

My wedding was October 9, 2015 and I had nothing but positive experiences working with the Ramada. I worked with Jennifer from beginning to end. She was excellent with communication. She helped me pick the perfect package and was very accommodating when I customized a few things. We received a small discount for having a Friday wedding. The Ramada was extremely flexible with making last minute changes. The front desk staff were exceptional. Tim the banquet manager was there bright and early to make sense of all my boxes and interpret my clipboard full of notes. He did an excellent job and I appreciated his attention to detail. Due to the weather unwilling to cooperate that day we moved our ceremony from the gazebo to the tent. My only recommendation is to put lights up in the tent because due to the weather and it being a 5pm October wedding, it was a little dark in the tent. The ballroom was set up beautifully and Tim did an excellent job using the flowers from the ceremony and incorporating them into the reception. Jennifer arranged for us to do a sparkler sendoff in the tent (due to rain) so we could get some good pictures. Once the night was over, the staff quickly cleared off the table and because we never specified that guests could take things from the table, they made sure everything was packed away. If you don't mind guests taking centerpieces or décor, let the staff know ahead of time, otherwise they are strict about making sure everything gets returned. For future weddings, I recommend that the Ramada have their staff wait until the end of the reception before clearing off the guest table décor. Bonus: Tim saved my husband and I, one dozen of our stuffed cupcakes before the guests could eat them all ( So thoughtful). When looking for a wedding venue, I would HIGHLY recommend the Ramada Geneva Lakefront. You can't ask for a better location (right on Seneca Lake) for the price and service you receive. We are forever grateful. -Travis & Rachel Pasternak

Sent on 04/02/2016

Katerina · Married on 04/24/2015

My husband and I were married here last weekend and I can't say enough wonderful things about the staff here. Our wedding was a bit unique as it consisted of only 6 people (myself and hubby included) but we went all out as if we were your average wedding of 100+ people. When I started my search for a venue I was just looking for a place that had nice grounds for a small ceremony and a restaurant on site for dinner afterwards. Well after speaking and meeting with Jennifer (sales coordinator) in a nutshell we ended up with the wedding of our dreams! Our reception was set up in the Seneca Room which had access to the gazebo on the lake where we had our ceremony. I hired a florist, ordered a cake, rented linens just like you would for an average size wedding. Timothy the banquet manager spent all day setting everything up and when I walked into the room I almost burst out in tears. It was just stunning. Our original plan was to just have wait staff come in and we would order off the menu for dinner. Well after talking with Jennifer the night ended up like this: 4:30pm ceremony at the gazebo followed by pictures, 5-6pm was our cocktail hour with hors d'ouevres and drinks, then around 6pm we sat down and ordered dinner. They printed us special menus without the prices and per my request only provided a wine list of local wines also without the prices. They were so accommodating. We didn't stay there so Jennifer made sure I had access to the room across the hall to get ready in. The true icing on the cake for me was when Timothy came in with his wait staff to serve us dinner. We were a party of 6. They had the plates covered and set them down in front of all of us then the three of them lifted to covers off simultaneously. To most that might seem silly but we all thought it was amazing. Never once were we made to feel unimportant because we were only 6 people (one of my fears). From the get go we were made to feel just like any other wedding and that meant a lot to us.

Sent on 05/02/2015

We had our wedding at the Geneva Ramada in 2014. It was the perfect location. The staff was wonderful. Jennifer (the wedding coordinator) was a dream come true. The whole event was flawless. I would highly recommend the Geneva Ramada.

Sent on 11/04/2015

I absolutely loved my wedding at Geneva Ramada. Everything happened at the same place - wedding/cocktail hour/reception. Our guests could party the night away and not have to worry about driving home because they had a room at the hotel. It was perfect! At cocktail hour, guests sat outside at tables on the lake and enjoyed the view. The reception was in a nice ballroom - lots of space to move around (I had about 135 people, may be a tighter fit if you had 160-180). Even when the reception ended at midnight, everyone headed to the Pier House Bar (in the hotel restaurant) and continued to party until 2am. It was awesome. I also had all my guests rave about the food - which was amazing. Everyone loved the Filet Mignon - they couldn't believe how perfectly it was cooked.The catering staff has their stuff together. :)
    I also booked my wedding on a Saturday - the Ramada had a "Live at 5" band on Friday night and it was basically free entertainment for my guests who were in town that day. It was totally cool - lots of drinks/music/dancing on the lake!

PROS: kind and attentive staff, awesome food, beautiful location - two huge tents outside the venue, so even if it rains you're still covered, can be an elegant atmosphere or a great party atmosphere depending on what kind of wedding you want. I have a large party loving family, late Friday night before the wedding they partied outside under the Pier House tent on the water and played cards till 3am - no one complained because they were outside and out of the way!
    CONS: slow elevator, hotel front desk made minor mistakes with guests booking rooms, extremely small indoor pool, room rates a little on the pricey side.
    The CONS really are nothing in comparison to the service I received at the Ramada. I loved it and would happily recommend to anyone who wants to get married!

PS: The Ramada is located in WINE COUNTRY! There are like 10 wineries less than 5 miles from the venue! SO much fun for our weekend guests.

Sent on 07/25/2013

Kathyrn · Married on 06/08/2019

The whole package

We truly enjoyed working with Timothy at the Ramada! He made the process comfortable and easy. We had questions answered with quick responses and always felt like a priority. The whole day went smoothly thanks to their readiness and attention to detail. Everyone enjoyed the view, food, and convince!

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • james

james · Married on 08/15/2014

4.2
      3.5

Overall the venue was a nice option for a rehearsal dinner. It was affordable and we stayed the night there which was nice.

Pros: beautiful location, good price, enough room for our rather large rehearsal group, they set up the tables very nicely with candles and napkins that matched our colors

Cons: food was just ok, we purchased the soda plan and were just given cans which was a bit strange, and when we requested that 3 of our rooms were on the same floor they never were able to get that done.

Overall for a rehearsal its a nice place but I am glad we didn't have our wedding there.

Sent on 08/17/2014

Katie · Married on 06/28/2013

0.4
      0.5

I would strongly advise AGAINST having your reception hosted at the Geneva Ramada. Throughout the entire process, communication with the event coordinator Jackie Bacon made this the only bad part about planning the wedding. She didn’t record details or update the contract when asked. We had numerous parts to our contract that didn’t transpire the night of our reception. They lost personal items such as original family photos when they “broke down the room.” I know I should have made copies, but who knew that they wouldn’t be able to manage putting all our items in a pile at the end of the night. When we spoke with the head manager, Donna Yudin, about everything that went wrong—linens the wrong color, place cards, among many other things, placed in the wrong location, an outside bar that was never shut down at the right time, guest favors never handed out, lost personal items, (I could go on, really), Donna only offered my parents a one night stay. After my parents help us pay for over $16,000 worth of business for a single night, a one night stay is all that was offered. If you’re going to spend in that range—don’t waste your time and money! Please feel free to contact me and I would be glad to tell you more about it. I wouldn’t give this place any stars if I had the choice. Kaychatterton@gmail.com

Sent on 01/05/2014