Radisson Plaza Hotel & Suites Reviews

46 | Kalamazoo, MI

46 Reviews for Radisson Plaza Hotel & Suites

46 Radisson Plaza Hotel & Suites Reviews

Spencer · Married on 08/18/2018

My wife and I chose the Radisson for our ceremony and reception venue because it’s an all in one service! Lindsay Davies, the wedding coordinator and planner for the Radisson at the Wedding Studio is AMAZING!!! She was prompt, detailed, kind and truly wanted to get to know my wife and I the entire time we worked with her. I cannot day enough about Lindsay and the way she helped make our day so special! If anyone is looking for a venue in Kalamazoo or a destination wedding in Michigan, I 150% recommend this place. It’s beautiful, convenient to all local entertainment, the food is amazing, and again Lindsay is AWESOME!!!! The entire day was so beautiful that I have nothing more to say other than THANK YOU!

Danielle · Married on 06/02/2018

We had our ceremony and reception at The Radisson and couldn't have been happier with the outcome! Lindsay is absolutely incredible at her job. I didn't worry about a thing the day of thanks to her & her amazing team! Everything was just top notch from the ballroom, food, accommodations and service. If we had to do it again we would choose The Radisson every time!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Radisson Plaza Hotel & Suites's reply:

Danielle - We had an AMAZING time hosting your wedding! We could not be happier that you had a wonderful experience and hope that we've created lasting memories from your big day! The Tiffany Blue color that you chose looked great in our Ballroom and we can't wait to see more pictures!

Nicole · Married on 10/21/2017

Working with Lindsey from the Radisson to help plan our wedding was a dream! She is very professional and responsive. The Radisson was the perfect venue for us as many of our guests were from out of town, and we were able to have the ceremony and reception there. I did not have to worry about anything for the entire weekend they took care of everything

Najat · Married on 09/02/2017

We had our wedding on Labor Day weekend and even with multiple weddings, Lindsay was able to tackle everything and our wedding went perfectly! We cannot thank the Radisson enough for being so accommodating, for ensuring everything went off without a hitch, and for ensuring we had the most amazing evening ever. Lindsay answered every question I had and eased any worry that came up. She took all of the stress away on the day of the wedding and we cannot thank her and her team enough for the phenomenal job they did!

Lisa · Married on 08/19/2017

I have absolutely no complaints about this venue for our wedding reception. Lindsay and the entire Wedding Studio team were amazing! I was planning our wedding from Texas and could not have done it without such an accommodating and organized group. The dinners and dessert through the Radisson were delicious! They provided beautiful centerpieces for us and set up the decorations that we provided so we didn't have to worry about that at all. They made what is usually a chaotic time for most people completely stress-free for us. They really know what they are doing.

Brooke · Married on 09/10/2016

The Radisson handled my wedding with great professionalism and attention to detail. I was told over & over by friends that I was the "least stressed out bride" they had ever seen. I attribute that to the many details that I didn't have to worry about, because the Radisson handled it all. My sister wants to get married there after seeing what a fabulous wedding the Radisson puts on!

Lisa · Married on 08/06/2016

Lindsay, Lauren, Chef and the rest of the Radisson team are a dream to work with. They can accommodate anything that you ask while always having a smile on their face. Their service is second to none and we could not have had a better experience while planning our wedding. So many of our guests have told us that they have never had better food, or better service at a wedding! We had over 300 people there and every dish came out hot and amazing! I would HIGHLY recommend!

Brittney · Married on 07/23/2016

My husband and I can not say more wonderful things about the Radisson. From the very beginning everything went smoothly. Between Lauren and Lindsey no small detail was missed and everything was kept organized. Lindsey allowed me to enjoy the entire day without having to worry about the details. The ballroom was set up and met all of our expectations and truly was a dream come true!

Katie · Married on 07/16/2016

The Radisson was very accommodating. They were totally flexible with any requests we had. They made our wedding reception go completely smooth!

Stacey · Married on 06/11/2016

Lindsay, Lauren and the whole team did an amazing job and made sure everything went smoothly. It was so nice to know we were in good hands and our reception was a blast. The Arcadia Ballroom is gorgeous and we received loads of compliments on the food. I highly recommend the Radisson as a wedding venue!

Sent on 06/24/2016

Radisson Plaza Hotel & Suites's reply:

Stacey!! You and BJ were an absolute joy to work with, and we loved being a part of your special day! The Arcadia Ballroom was stunningly beautiful for your reception and we had so much fun celebrating with your family and friends!
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/11/2016

Lindsay and Lauren at The Wedding Studio are absolutely amazing! They were so helpful and much more than event coordinators... They help set everything up, offer advice, oversee everything the whole night, etc. Lindsay even bustled my dress when my girls were having trouble with it! The rooms are so perfect for receptions with built in up-lighting style lights, adjustable sizes for rooms and interesting ceilings! It was a beautiful place to get married/hold a reception and I highly recommend it. The food was also amazing and all of my guests raved about it. The Radisson has restaurants to have rehearsal dinners, room blocks available, ceremony and reception spaces - you can easily have all events in one space which is perfect for out of town guests! If you are torn between similarly styled locations, I highly recommend choosing the Radisson purely due to the fact that you will have Lindsay and Lauren on your side! :)

Christy · Married on 06/04/2016

When looking at venues, we were surprised at some of the places we could afford ---- until they kept knocking the price up for the little extras. This was not an issue with the Radisson. So many things were included in the price. There were 4 weddings there that weekend, but we felt like we were the only ones. I am an organized person - and this was very well done. My daughter (bride) and I were both able to relax and enjoy the moment.

My husband and I had a great experience with the wedding studio. Lindsay and Lauren were so great, I can't say enough great things about them. The venue is not cheap by any means but you definitely get your moneys worth. We have not missed a dime of the money we spent. Lindsay does a great job of making everything fit within your budget and gives the best advice. We had no idea what we were doing half the time and she guided us along while still keeping it centered around us. They truly made us feel special not only on our wedding day but everyday leading up to our moment. If you don't take time to at least check out the Radisson as an option, you are missing out! (we used them for our rehearsal and reception. Also, most of our wedding party stayed both Friday and Saturday so keep that in mind when you look at how much we spent).

Sent on 02/16/2016

Radisson Plaza Hotel & Suites's reply:

We're so glad that we were able to create your dream wedding reception...within your budget! We had a blast working with you and Joe...hugs to you both, and thank you again for choosing the Radisson!

They are absolutely wonderful! Lauren and Lindsey have been amazing through the journey so far. They really go above and beyond to make sure your special day is perfect and stress free!

Melissa · Married on 11/07/2015

I cannot say thank you enough to Lindsay and Lauren! Our wedding was more than I could have ever imagined, they were there every step of the way- and they truly made our reception at the Radisson the best EVER. They are always there to answer any questions and promptly- you email they email right back you call they answer or call right back! They made me feel so at ease and less stressed throughout my experience of planning our reception with them. They do everything for you all you have to do is bring what you would like to be displayed (decor, favors, etc..) and they put it all together the way YOU want! They make everything about you and what you invision your wedding day to be. They seriously take the stress off your plate- I work retail full time as a store manager and my wedding was smack in the middle of my busy season and I was literally not stressed once! And the food was to die for!!! I cannot tell you how many compliments we got on the food and how the flow of our reception went! They are on top of it!!! I would give The Radisson, The Wedding Studio, Lindsay, and Lauren 5 stars over and over again! They are so accommodating, they are amazing woman to work with and so much fun! We had so many good laughs with them! They are great people who want the best for you on your wedding day! I can't say thank you enough to The Radisson and Lindsay and Lauren! There is not one thing I would change about my wedding day or the planning process along the way! You won't be let down! The Radisson takes care of you... Seriously! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Katie · Married on 08/15/2015

The Radisson/Wedding Studio made all of our wedding dreams a reality. Lindsay and Lauren were such a joy to work with. Since we had a lot of out of town guests we decided to have our ceremony and reception in the same place. We used the Arcadia ballroom with around 150 people and it was perfect. The Radisson set up the room so it looked like a ceremony space. We then had cocktail hour outside the room. The Radisson flipped the room for us and turned it into our reception. They did such an amazing job making the ceremony and reception have a different feel while being the same space. The food is to die for! The chef even made sure my dad had his favorite dressing from our tasting and I made a special request for my meal and Lindsay made it happen! The hotel is a perfect location for everything. We did our rehearsal dinner at Burdick's (in the hotel) which was coordinated without a breeze with their staff. My bridal party got their hair and make up done at Blush Hair Salon (in the hotel) which was SO convenient and I highly recommend. We had a hotel block with the Radisson and Lindsay was able to answer any questions we had and update us on who has booked a room throughout the process!! We even got an upgraded room to the Grand Loft which was AMAZING! We had so much room to get ready the morning of! All in all, the Radisson staff and Wedding Studio Staff are excellent at their jobs. I thoroughly enjoyed planning my wedding. I came to Lindsay and Lauren with a lot of ideas and every time I emailed Lindsay asking if I could do this instead of this they would always make it happen! Both Lindsay and Lauren are a dream to work with. They are organized, energetic, and you can tell they really enjoy making every wedding what the Bride and Groom wants!! I had so many guests after our wedding compliment the venue/food/service/hotel room/overall good time they had all thanks to the Radisson! Highly recommend for any bride who is looking for a one stop shop! They can do it all!

• User5301947 · 2+ years ago

The staff at the Radisson is simply wonderful! At the beginning of our reception venue search we thought they would be out of our price range, but they created a package for us that was exactly what we were looking for and fit perfectly in our budget. The girls take care of all the details for the reception, and offered tons of help and advice along the way. We saved a bunch of money by not needing to rent dishes, flatware, chairs, linens or glasses. Also, their large chandelier and sconces in the ballroom are available in any color combination you can imagine and are included in the room rental, which is a huge benefit, because uplighting is crazy expensive! They handled set up and tear down, which allowed us to focus on preparing for the ceremony, it was a big weight lifted off our shoulders. As for the food - incredible! Months later our guests are still talking about it. We had a few choices at our taste test meeting and found all of the options to be delicious and universally appealing. We got to stay in the Grand Loft for our wedding night and it was such a great experience. We were so bummed to leave the next morning! Our guests were also impressed with the accommodations, and loved the convenience of having rooms available.

We had a fabulous experience with the Radisson staff and facilities and recommend it to everyone!

Lindsey · Married on 07/11/2015

We had our wedding reception at The Radisson in the Kalamazoo Room and are BEYOND pleased with the way everything turned out! Lindsay, Lauren (Kait) and the whole Wedding Studio team were phenomenal and really made our wedding day more than we ever could have imagined. They took care of every detail and made sure the place looked amazing! Everyone was great to work with leading up to and on our wedding day. They really put so much effort, hard work and thought into the whole process to ensure the bride and groom are completely satisfied! They were great at working with our hectic out-of-state schedules to fit all of the appointments in. The FOOD was excellent, we received SO many compliments on it along with the room, décor, environment, everything! I'm pretty sure our wedding could have not have been any more perfect! We truly thank Lindsay and her team from the bottom of our hearts for making the biggest day of our lives one we certainly won't forget! :-)

Our experience with Lindsay and Lauren was fabulous. The pre-wedding planning sessions were really helpful. When we had questions and concerns, they were always addressed quickly. I always felt comfortable calling and asking questions. Everything went smoothly on our daughters wedding day, thanks to the great planning and personal attention we received. I have already recommended the Radisson and Lindsay to friends who need a wedding reception.

The food was also very good. Our guests had a great time!

It was important to us to have our ceremony and reception at the same location, so we selected the Radisson as the location for our New Year's Eve wedding ceremony and reception. With the help of the Wedding Studio, we were able to plan the event in less than two months. Lindsay, Lauren and the Wedding Studio Team listened to our thoughts on the event and made several great recommendations. The entire event went perfectly and best of all because of the quality of service at the Radisson, we never had a to worry about any of the details. I would strongly recommend to any one looking for a full service event location.

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding reception. The girls in the wedding studio did an AMAZING job! The food was fantastic and all of the staff worked so hard at perfecting every detail to make our day so special. They helped with planning and helped us so much on our wedding weekend. Our guests loved the reception and everything went off without a hitch! Special thanks to Lindsay who did more than we could have ever imagined. She was at our reception making sure everything was perfect and 2 hours later had her baby! What an amazing, amazing person. I truly can't even describe what an awesome job she did. I'll never forget how hardworking and helpful everyone at the Radisson was. Couldn't have imagined a better night.

Kaley · Married on 09/27/2014

Lindsay made our Wedding experience like no other. She always went above and beyond for us. I brg about her constantly and would recommend her any day!

Janai · Married on 09/20/2014

I loved working with Kait and Lindsey. They were so sweet and very helpful.

Lindsay · Married on 09/06/2014

The Wedding Studio at the Radisson was by far the best decision I made for our wedding. My fiance and I were living out of the country in the British Virgin Islands and decided to have the wedding in Kalamazoo, my hometown. Due to the fact that we lived so far away we had to cram as much planning as possible in to our short time home to decide on the big details of venue, vendors and dress. After visiting a few other venues and feeling discouraged and overwhelmed by the people I met with, my Mom suggested to stop in the Radisson as they had just made some great renovations that I hadn’t seen yet.

As soon as we got there we were able to sit down with Lindsay Davies who basically took all my worries and just threw them out the window. Lindsay made me feel so at ease, no pressure was placed on any upcoming decisions and I walked out of there ready to book, no questions asked.

Since my fiance and I were not able to be in Kalamazoo for majority of the planning process, Lindsay was an amazing asset to have on our side. If I had any questions I would just send her an email and she would be there to ease my mind or let me know anything else I needed to do. Even after finding out our wedding day was the day of the Michigan State vs. Oregon game (GO GREEN!) she was able to set us up with a big screen TV in the ballroom so everyone could watch the game. The entire planning process was so unbelievably seamless I think to this day my husband is still waiting for me to freak out more about it.

The day of the wedding could not have gone any better. The service, food, drinks and ambiance were all exactly what we wanted for our big day. The Radisson itself is an absolutely beautiful location but with the service we received from the Wedding Studio they truly exceeded all expectations for our wedding day.

Thank you Lindsay and the rest of the team. We will be forever thankful for everything you did!