Rachael McIntosh Photography Reviews

Rachael McIntosh Photography 5
Rachael McIntosh Photography 6
Rachael McIntosh Photography 7

Sarah · Married on 11/23/2013

Stop your search, you have found the best! Rachael photographed post elopement pictures for my husband and I and she was absolutely amazing to work with. She was prompt and responsive while scheduling the shoot and even did back up research for certain pictures I wanted (ie: finding the exact location for some pictures). She is also quite inexpensive, which is a surprise, given the quality and beauty of her pictures.

Rachael is professional, fun, kind and a blast to have at any shoot/wedding/celebration. She loves what she does and it shows in her attitude as well as her beautiful images!

Sent on 12/06/2013

Robin · Married on 10/04/2013

Rachael is amazing! I felt like I was reliving my wedding day when I looked at her photos. She captured every moment so beautifully and she was such a pleasure to work with. Highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Ashley · Married on 09/14/2013

Rachael is simply amazing! She made James and I feel comfortable from the moment we met her. She's fun, energetic and so passionate about what she does - which shows through her work. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer than Rachael. Our wedding photos are stunning, and I know I will treasure them forever.

Sent on 11/05/2013

Lucy · Married on 08/23/2013

We flew Rachael in to the UK for our wedding in August 2013. I loved the storytelling style of all the other weddings and various shoots she has done in the past and our expectations were exceeded. All the guests have said how lovely she is, and how skilful she is at getting great shots which tell the story of our day. There are many cases where we wonder how she captured certain moments from places we had no idea she was there!

Sent on 11/03/2013

Darcy · Married on 06/28/2013

Rachael from Rachael McIntosh was one of my favorite vendors to work with on our big day. Rachael was beyond professional, detailed, creative, and most of all very calming (So important in the midst of wedding day jitters). We met months before our wedding to go over details of all of the special pics we wanted to capture. Rachael came prepared with ideas, listened and took notes on all of our ideas, had a plan of how to get everything done in a short window of time allowing for us to get back to our guests. After our meeting wrapped we emailed back & forth ideas around the plan, she even went as far as to follow me on Pinterest so she could get a sense of how I wanted our wedding to look & continue to get ideas from photo's of photos I was pinning. Day of came and Rachael of course was right on time, with her calm cool and collected demeanor and was ready to start capturing every precious moment. It was like my cousin or part of our family was there shooting. She was unobtrusive, quick to catch the moments, and even came with a second shooter so the boys wouldn't be left out. Everything was well thought out as far as the group photos so we could get through it quickly, even the 2 minute exit with sparklers (which is hard to orchestrate I'm sure) was timed perfectly.

When the wedding was over and I was anxiously awaiting pictures Rachael didn't waste anytime. I started seeing edits 10 days after the big day and within another week she sent me a link to view all of the edited pictures. They were all so gorgeous!! Shortly after I received the most beautiful package from her wrapped perfectly, with all my digital copies, and a lovely card with warm wishes from my new husband and I.

Rachael was everything I could have wished for and then some from a photographer. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking to capture that very special moment.

Sent on 11/21/2013

Rachael was my photographer for my June 2013 wedding, and she was wonderful. Here are some reasons why:

- She was flexible and affordable, (one of the least expensive professional photographers we talked to). She was willing to work with us to adapt/change one of her wedding packages to fit our needs better without increasing the price.

- She asked for our suggestions on style and was excited when we asked her to be as creative and bold as possible. She was also willing to check out the website of another photographer I liked to get a feel for what I was hoping for.

- She was great on the wedding day. I was pretty stressed out in the weeks before so I did not get her a list of specific photos I wanted, but she did a great job without that guidance. She directed the family and bridal party well during group pictures. She was willing to meet the girls in Asheville as we were getting ready, drive an hour up to the Pisgah Inn for the ceremony, and back down to the art museum for the reception, no problem. She found the perfect times to pull me and my husband away for some quick portraits during the crazy day. And generally she was simply fun and low-stress to hang out with.

- Her work was dynamic, playful and interesting. She captured unexpected moments, did cool things with reflections, and used bold colors (instead of softening the photos until they looked bland like a lot of other wedding photographers). And she didn't over-photoshop the photos into tacky Glamourshots. :)

- A couple weeks after the wedding, she made a online video montage for me. When I asked her to make some changes, she promptly changed the video, which included finding some specific, obscure songs that I asked for (thank you!). I appreciated that she kept working with me after the wedding.

So in summary, Rachael is really awesome, and I highly recommend her to other brides.

Sent on 08/09/2013

Stephanie · Married on 05/26/2013

Choosing Rachael as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made in regards to our wedding. She went above and beyond to capture the most precious moments of our wedding day. He photographs elegantly captured the essence and beauty of our wedding. It was obvious that she enjoyed being with us. We felt completely comfortable and at ease with her.
    We had a destination wedding and were only available to do our engagement shoot during one of the busiest seasons for photographers in Asheville, NC. Not only did she work around our schedule, but she spent extra time so that we could visit several locations that were meaningful to us.
    She was a pleasure to work with from the very beginning and responded quickly to any questions I had along the way. All of our guests were impressed with the quality of her work and the amount of time she spent with us. I can't imagine a better person to work with for one of the most important elements of a wedding. I enthusiastically recommend her as a photographer for any occasion and I hope to work with her again someday.

Sent on 07/11/2013

Elaine · Married on 04/21/2013

Rachael was an absolute dream to work with and her pictures turned out fabulous! We worked with her for our engagement session, rehearsal dinner, wedding, and she even came to my final dress fitting to document it. She made us feel so comfortable with her and it really showed in our pictures. Rachael is such a professional, a warm and friendly person, and truly a very talented photographer. She has an eye for detail and we was so happy we were able to work with her.

Sent on 07/16/2013

Professional and fun. Responsive and really cares about the day. Delivers above and beyond. I would recommend without reservation.

Sent on 07/12/2013

Rachael was amazing! - she made us feel so comfortable and was able to create such wonderful memories for our fairy tale wedding. Her photography speaks to my heart as she captured such tender moments and allowed me to see my wedding day through the eyes of my husband, friends and family.

Sent on 11/28/2012

Danielle · Married on 10/25/2012

Rachael was amazing on our wedding day! My husband and I eloped to Asheville, NC without knowing the area. She was at the church promptly and acted as our witness. Her ability to find unique locations and backdrops made for beautiful pictures that we will enjoy for the rest of our lives! She was a great addition to our wedding day and we had so much fun creating and capturing memories! I would recommend her to anyone... Thank you Thank you Thank you Rachael!

Rebecca · Married on 10/21/2012

Rachael was incredible. She went above and beyond the call of duty. She got our pictures back quickly and they were SOOO Beautiful. She is awesome.

Sent on 12/11/2012

Tina · Married on 09/29/2012

Rachael was so easy to work with. I was nervous about being behind the camera, and she made me feel totally at ease. She is so positive and incredibly nice. She captures the beauty and moments together with ease and the photos come out beautiful. At our wedding I hardly knew she was there, unless I sought her our. She was our "fly on the wall photographer." I was so happy with the finished product, and have had many people tell me that they are the best photos they had ever seen from a wedding. She was very reasonably priced and we feel that she certainly went above and beyond. She was also quick to get us our photos. I was impressed! Choose Rachael McIntosh Photography! You won't regret it.

Sarah · Married on 09/08/2012

Rachael was an amazing photographer! She was very flexible with our schedules. She had great ideas for poses for us. She ran around the whole day and got tons of photos we never expected to see that were wonderful! She was able to incorporate our personalities and interests into the photos!

Shiyrah · Married on 08/18/2012

Rachael was awesome! We have amazing pictures to remember our perfect day.

Sent on 11/28/2012

Emma · Married on 10/22/2011

Rachael was by far our favorite wedding vendor that we worked with and was extremely fun to work with and produced beautiful photos of our special day. The wedding album included in our package was beyond expectations in all categories including quality, customization and stunning photos. She was easy to work with and helped us determine an overall style for our photos that we couldn't have been happier with. I would recommend her completely!!!! You will be so happy that you did.

Sent on 07/01/2012

Kristin and Nate · Married on 07/04/2009

Rachael photographed us for our engagement photos and our wedding. I normally don't like being in front of the camera, but we had so much fun with Rachael during our engagement shots. She made us feel so comfortable and really encouraged us to just be ourselves and pour our love out which truly shined through in each shot!
    Our wedding shots were so personal and came from such a great perspective. Her love of art and people really shines through in her work.
    We loooooove Rachael!!!

Sent on 07/04/2012

Meghan · Married on 05/28/2016

Rachael so was great to work with. She was easy going and open to our ideas but also gave us great guidance. I'll definitely use Rachael again in the future for any professional photo needs!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Emily · Married on 06/01/2013

Rachael is amazing, both technically (she got GORGEOUS shots of our wedding) and personally. She drove 30 minutes out of her way to meet with me while I was in town, came SUPER prepared to the wedding, and was totally fun to work with and calm on a stressful day. Highly recommend Rachael!!!

Sent on 06/17/2013
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 11/02/2018

Hire Rachael! She'll make all of your wedding photography dreams come true!

Rachael was an absolute joy to work with. She went above and beyond to make sure all of our wants and needs were met on our wedding day. She also makes the experience very comfortable and fun. We could not be happier with our pictures or with Rachael and her team!

Sent on 04/02/2019
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 11/11/2011

My photographer did our engagements as well as our wedding photos. She does great candids and all of our photos look so timeless, thoughtful, and sweet. She does wonderful work and is a great value when compared to other local vendors. With Rachael, you get a lot of bang for your buck.

Sent on 12/15/2011

3.6
      0.5
      2.5

Very low variety in photos, limited of the reception, extremely disappointing and did not capture our event. For the price I would suggest booking elsewhere

Sent on 08/08/2016