Putting on the Ritz ,Catering Reviews

Putting on the Ritz ,Catering 1
Putting on the Ritz ,Catering 2
Putting on the Ritz ,Catering 3

Cori · Married on 08/23/2014

We worked with Angie Wise at the Great Room at Savage Mill and she was a fantastic liaison for both ceremony/reception planning and execution and all things catering. The best two things about Putting on the Ritz are 1) their extensive experience in the wedding catering business, and 2) the food. The food was AMAZING. It was great at the tasting, but it was even better at our wedding! Every time we talk to a guest about the wedding the food is complimented. Angie made the process easy; she was very responsive to our questions and withheld no information. The billing staff at POTR made questions and payments easy as well. Day-of, everything was taken care of and I (the bride) had zero things to worry about. My only complaint: the tablecloths were royal blue instead of the navy we had discussed. This is so minor though that I think they whole-heartedly deserve a 5 star rating.

Sent on 09/08/2014

POTR catered my wedding in August 2014. We started planning the catering back in February 2014 and Bobby was fantastic from the first phone call all the day until the say of. The food tasting was very professional and they were very flexible in letting us come in and pick out linens as well as drop off the props we had for the wedding. We picked POTR over the other vendors because Bobby knew exactly what he was doing like he's been doing it for years (and he has!!). That is exactly what you want in a caterer.

All of our guests raved about the mashed potatoes!! I didn't see the cheese display because we cam after the cocktail hour but I heard it was awesome! They did SUCH a good job decorating and using all of the props we had. When I walked into the reception hall with my new husband I was SOOO excited everything and they didn't disapoint. The servers brought the food to us instead of us getting up and getting the food ourselves which was a huge plus!

Definitely consider POTR!!!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Joshua and Jennifer · Married on 07/26/2014

Putting on the Ritz produced a delicious, high-quality buffet for our wedding. Working with Rachael and her staff was simple and enjoyable! With a huge variety of options, Putting on the Ritz was able to customize a menu perfect for our very picky families. This vendor provides first-class food and service at a very reasonable price and includes many items that other vendors will charge extra for, like the rental of china and cups. Putting on the Ritz is worth every penny!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Charlotte · Married on 06/28/2014

We were very pleased with the level of professionalism and service provided by Putting on the Ritz. Shawn was always available to answer our questions and helped make our wedding day a success!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Numerous guests are still talking about the food, over a month later! We've heard comments like "I've never had wedding food that was so good," "I didn't know chicken at a wedding could be so moist!" and "I took a picture of my meal and posted it on Facebook - and I never do that!"

They were outstanding in every way. We worked with Shawn and she was incredibly responsive and helpful at all times. Putting on the Ritz was recommended to us by a venue we visited, and we are so grateful! We had the bruschetta chicken, asiago mashed potatoes, caprese skewers, and some other dishes as well. They also did a brownie sundae bar for us (we thought this would be a fun change from a wedding cake) and the guests beelined for the table. We could not have asked for a better caterer, or for better service than what Shawn provided!

Sent on 08/11/2014

Sandra · Married on 06/21/2014

Bobby Mitchell, Rachael Severino and Putting on the Ritz staff provided outstanding catering services for my daughter's wedding. Throughout the planning process up until the wedding day, Putting on the Ritz was responsive, flexible and courteous. Guests were very impressed with the meal, service and professionalism demonstrated by Putting on the Ritz. We had a lovely time and will highly recommend Putting on the Ritz.

Sent on 06/23/2014

Brandon · Married on 06/07/2014

Shawn and the Putting on the Ritz completely outdid themselves for our wedding. From the initial tasting to the final drink poured, POTR provided a excellent catering service for our wedding. When first looking for a caterer for our wedding, one of our requirements was to have a full roast pig at the wedding to honor a Cuban tradition in our family. While other caterers balked at the request, POTR expressed absolute delight in roasting a full pig for our reception. Judging by our guests' reaction, the pig prepared by POTR was one of the guests of honor at our wedding.

Shawn was very helpful throughout the entire planning process, she worked seamlessly with our wedding coordinator. The day of catering staff was incredible, POTR even provided us with our personal waitress during dinner to ensure we were well fed - such attention to detail. The bartenders were knowledgeable and friendly, we could not have asked for more.

One final note - POTR's prices were absolutely reasonable and made our large wedding (185 guests) affordable. Thank you to Shawn and POTR for helping to make our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Jocelyn · Married on 05/31/2014

Let me make this short and sweet: Putting on the Ritz is who to trust for your event. Everything from start to finish is professional, easy, and (dare I say it...) FUN! Their staff is awesome and friendly, removing ALL stress from a thing like wedding planning (at least for me). Don't go looking for anyone else... Putting on the Ritz should be your top choice!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Peggy · Married on 05/26/2014

The food quality was excellent and a good value. We particularly liked the Chicken Chesapeake (topped with crab meat). Enjoyed the good tasting ahead of time. Angie was easy to work with and flexed when we changed appointment times. Great selection of linen colors.

Sent on 06/09/2014
  • HomoNeurotic

Justin · Married on 05/25/2014

We worked with Angie for both the rental space of Savage Mill and the catering from Putting on the Ritz. Angie was excellent to work with and prompt with responding to e-mails. She even handled last minute items and worked with the wedding party during the rehearsal. Savage Mill is GORGEOUS and glows in the evening twilight, and Putting on the Ritz keeps it in excellent condition. The food was delish, from the spinach dip during the appetizers to the Penne Palermo. Putting on the Ritz has a wide variety of dishes that can fit any mood, and they did an excellent job preparing our space to make our wedding one-of-a-kind! Thanks to Angie and the whole Putting on the Ritz staff.

Sent on 08/04/2014

Jessica · Married on 05/18/2014

Where to begin with all of the good things about POTR! They've been a pleasure to work with since day one. As is common in the catering business there was some employee turnover but the transitions were seamless and they went out of their way to make sure I was content. I was able to see the set-up process before signing a contract which assured me of a smooth wedding day. Any questions I had were quickly addressed by my sales contact which was also comforting. They worked out a lovely menu based on our conversations and my guests thought it was delicious and reflected us as a couple. My guests couldn't stop raving about how good the food was and how attentive the servers were. I also received some pies as a last minute wedding gift and they were able to accommodate those and brought pie stands that were perfect. The food displays were just gorgeous, they used extra decorations and used some roses I brought to full effect. I was extremely pleased with everything, the food, the service, the décor, it was better than I could have imagined. I would recommend them to a friend, because I want to eat more of their food! Oh, and they boxed up all of the leftovers which was great because we ate like kings for days. Absolutely wonderful.

Sent on 06/05/2014

The food was excellent! The staff was very friendly and helpful! The venue was decorated beautifully!

Sent on 05/23/2014

Alicia · Married on 05/09/2014

I could not have been happier with Putting on the Ritz catering. The planning was easy, the price was incredibly affordable, and the service was impeccable. Everyone raved about the food, and in particular the crab cakes and the mashed potatoes. The servers were fast, efficient, and incredibly friendly and professional. I almost didn't know they were there except for the fact that food kept magically appearing in the right places at exactly the right time. After greeting guests through most of dinner, we arrived back to our table to find plates of appetizers and main dishes already laid out for us. The decorations we provided were set up exactly to instruction, everything was packaged up at tear down, and they even boxed up our food and cake to go. I planned the majority of the wedding by email and phone because I was away for work, and even if Bobby was (understandably) sometimes hard to reach, he understood every idea I had and completely came through. We could not have had a more perfect evening.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Linda · Married on 04/26/2014

I've used Putting on the Ritz for all three of my daughters' weddings, and I wouldn't go anywhere else. The food is amazing (our guests raved to us about it), the service excellent, and the staff went above and beyond to help with mix-ups caused by another vendor. I would recommend Putting on the Ritz to anybody who wants to have an amazing event, with excellent food and service. We put everything catering-related in Rachel's hands and she delivered big-time!

Sent on 04/28/2014

Kristy · Married on 03/29/2014

Truly a fantastic experience! Thanks for everything.

Sent on 03/31/2014

Gloria · Married on 03/15/2014

Event manager, Rachael Severino and the entire Ritz staff were wonderfully easy and enjoyable to work with throughout the entire wedding planning process. Rachael went out of her way to provide ideas and guidance even beyond the catering for which we were contracting leading us to other vendors and opportunities.

On the day of my daughter's wedding the Ritz staff was professional, friendly and seamless as they catered to our guests. The presentation, quality and taste of our meal met with rave reviews from our guests. I was able to enjoy my daughter's day knowing that I had a wonderful and talented catering team doing what they do best. Thanks to all at Putting on the Ritz!

Sent on 03/19/2014

Christopher · Married on 03/14/2014

Putting on the Ritz allowed us to have a most beautiful wedding at the Savage Mill Manor House. Right up to the last minute Rachael was able to adjust details to meet our changing needs. On top of all of that, the food was FANTASTIC! If you have an event at the Ball Room in the Savage Mill, or the Manor House or any of the other locations they service, you are in good hands.

Sent on 03/18/2014

Samantha · Married on 02/22/2014

Wow. POR was absolutely wonderful. From the first time I e-mailed Bobby to the day of my wedding, I was blown away. Everything was handled perfectly. I walked in and my vision came to life. Everything was setup exactly like I had asked. The event staff was friendly and handled everything perfectly. They were available for all my questions and were so helpful. Bobby and his team made me feel like everything was covered and it was. Great company!!

Sent on 02/24/2014
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 02/22/2014

I so enjoyed working with Angie Wise at putting on the Ritz! She was extremely efficient and helpful, and always responded promptly to any questions and concerns I had. The food provided by putting on the Ritz was tasty and delightful! Many guests mentioned the wonderful food! The staff was also fantastic! Our wedding went off extremely smoothly....what great people and what a beautiful venue! I highly recommend it!

Sent on 03/03/2014

Rick · Married on 02/15/2014

We worked with Rachael from POTR as the caterer for our wedding. To sum up our experience, she was AWESOME! She functioned as our wedding planner in addition to organizing the venue and the catering.

From the beginning Rachael and POTR were great to work with. She insisted that we taste their food before signing the contract to use POTR. When we arrived for the tasting with two members of our family, my wife and I were expecting to TASTE small portions of the options that we had to choose from for our package. Rachael and her team served us a full MEAL complete with wine! Best of all the food was DELICIOUS!

Rachael worked with my wife to select linens that went perfectly with our theme and continued to respond to any and all emails and questions that we had as our wedding day approached. The DJ and cake were included in the package that we booked with POTR and Rachael requested a specific DJ that she felt would be great for us based on having worked a previous event with him. He was perfect and the fact that she was able to help us get him made us feel like our wedding truly was important to her.

On the evening of the rehearsal and the day of the wedding, Rachael was there the entire time and took care of everything. She was particularly accommodating of our grandmothers, who both have reduced mobility. Our guests and friends could not comment enough on the food and the service. Some of our guests have even told us that they want to try to recreate the meal that she served! For us, it was truly nice to know that Rachael and her team were on top of everything so that my wife and I were able to just show up and enjoy our special day.

We'd recommend her and POTR to anyone looking for a stress-free experience and FANTASTIC food!

Sent on 03/04/2014

Lesley · Married on 01/19/2014

Putting on the Ritz is DE-LISH-US!!!!! They catered my wedding at the Riggs Alumni Center in January 2014 and I got no less than 50 separate people raving to me about how awesome the food was. Bobby Mitchell was our Event Coordinator and you really have to meet him to understand how funny and awesome he is! Their office staff is great too. They handled our billing and were always very responsive when we called to make changes. As for the food- that really needs at least another page of reviews by itself. Man was it good! And I cook ALOT so I am very particular about food quality. First of all, you have to get their crab dip. I seriously could just eat a bowl of that alone. To start, we had the BBQ shrimp and grits (which one of our guests claimed was the best thing invented and the highlight of the entire wedding!), steak quesadillas, bruschetta, plus a fruit/veggie display. We also did a buffet style set up with mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, salmon, NY strip steak, jerk chicken, wood grilled veggies, balsamic green beans, and a pasta station. Everything was perfectly cooked and, most importantly, very well-seasoned. This is definitely not your typical bland, overcooked, dry wedding food. They also provided all of the linens, staff, and necessities to serve everything. Their table designs were like artwork. So not only was everything absolutely delicious, it looked beautiful too! I would recommend them to any and every one for your catering needs in MD & DC!

Sent on 02/24/2014
  • Dara

Dara · Married on 12/07/2013

To start, my guests are still raving about the food selection and taste, several months after our big day.....
    Putting on the Ritz has a long standing history of great customer service, value, and great food. Therefore, when I stareted planning my wedding, Putting on the Ritz was at the top of my list, well actually the only one on my list. Anyway, we worked with Bobby, who was very fun and was to the T with our planning, very thorough. We had a very well put together food menu for our wedding, in which everyone loved. The presenation was elegant and the buffet line was well run, given 200 guests. The staff was very professional. I am soooo glad I used Putting on the Ritz, they were the best.

Sent on 04/28/2014

sarah · Married on 11/23/2013

Thanks to Putting on the Ritz, our wedding reception went off without a hitch. It was absolutely perfect! The staff was friendly and courteous, the food was DELICIOUS (2 weeks later we are still hearing about how good it was), and the venue was set up exactly as described and requested.

Our reception was at Historic Savage Mill Manor. The size of the venue was perfect for us and our 90 guests. It's a gorgeous victorian house, with separate rooms for the cocktails, bar, buffet, and seating area/dance floor. There were 2 rooms and a bathroom upstairs, one for the Bride and maids, and one for the Groom and groomsmen. It all flowed nicely, was never over crowded, and it provided for an intimate, yet still fun and lively environment.

We worked with Rachael, who was very helpful every step of the way. She wasn't at all pushy, and most of all she was patient. We only had 2 months to plan our wedding but she was completely accomodating and we never felt rushed through anything, even when it came time to make payments. She even let us drop off our centerpieces, table numbers, party favors, and table scatter the day before. The centerpieces had to be assembled at the venue because they didn't fit in our car, but she had no problem getting them put together for us and laying everything out just the way we wanted it.

When I walked into the room for the first time and saw how beautifully decorated everything was, and how nicely our plans came together, it was truly breathtaking. Rachael made sure to put as much care and effort into our details as we would have and we are forever greatful for that! We can honestly say that after 2 months of stress and planning, Putting on the Ritz brought our imagination to life in a way that made it all worthwhile.

It was completely affordable on our tight budget, yet you would never have guessed it! Our package also included a DJ, who was completely amazing. I would recommend Putting on the Ritz to anyone!

Sent on 12/09/2013

Kate · Married on 10/25/2013

I absolutely loved working with Putting on the Ritz catering. We got married at the great room at Savage Mills and not only was it breathtakingly gorgeous, but the food and service was impeccable. I might be a little bias bc it was my wedding, but all my guests told us it was the best wedding they'd ever been to. The entrees were amazing, the passed appetizers were seriously, best I've ever had... you didn't have to chase waiters down, there were more than enough and more than enough food - it was great. Angie Wise was my contact, and she couldn't have been more helpful, or more accomodating. I can't recommend them enough!!!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Crystal · Married on 10/12/2013

I LOVED LOVED LOVED Putting on the Ritz and they were by far one of my favorite vendors. I worked directly with Bobby who wasn't the most responsive person, but overall got everything done and taken care of. My tasting was equivalent to a four star meal and everyone was very impressed. I would absolutely use them again in the future but would probably request a rep to work with instead of Bobby (most likely Cate).

Sent on 10/14/2013