Putting on the Ritz ,Catering Reviews

Putting on the Ritz ,Catering 3
  • Jill

Jill Paige · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Always excellent!

I am a DJ with Bialek's Music Agency and have worked with this catering company many times. They are beyond knowledgeable and efficient, as well as able to work with all budgets and styles! I love them!

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Getting married on 08/24/2019

Wonderful experience

Their quality of service is amazing and its worth your money. Bobby is a wonderful person though busy but is kind to respond to emails and calls and keeps up with everything you need. They draw the seating plan for you, make the adjustment, set up for your big day and tear down after, makinf your day stress free

Sent on 03/11/2019

Mary · Married on 05/04/2019

Superb Service & Delicious Food!

We couldn't have been more thrilled with the service we received from Putting on the Ritz! They were by far the most affordable option on the "Approved Vendors" list for our wedding reception venue, and we certainly got a huge bang for our buck. Throughout the planning process, our contact person Claudia Raymond was extremely responsive and pleasant to work with. POTR was very flexible and accommodating: they allowed us the option of stocking the open bar ourselves, which was quite a money-saver; and there was no fuss involved in adding a vegetarian option to our menu when a few guests requested it rather late in the game. POTR even helped set up (and later pack up) several decor items the day of the event (guest book, favors, etc.), which was immensely helpful since our ceremony was off-site and we didn't have a day-of coordinator to take care of those tasks. The day of, all the food was delicious, from the passed apps to the salads to the dessert spread. I'd especially recommend the New York strip with fried leeks: so good! The dinner portions were generous (I sadly couldn't even finish mine, thanks to wedding day nerves!), and the waitstaff and bartenders were all friendly, prompt, and professional. Many of our guests raved to us about the quality of the food and the service. I'd recommend POTR to anyone looking for an affordable, top-notch caterer, for a wedding or for any other type of event.

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Carlos

Carlos · Married on 04/27/2019

Putting on the Ritz/Bobby are Amazing

5 stars across the board! Bobby Mitchell and his team at Putting on the Ritz are top notch and I don't think you can find a better value in Central Maryland. The price per person was exactly where we needed it to be (honestly, it was even less than we had budgeted for) and we didn't lose any quality. Our passed hors d'oeuvres were a hit (the mini crab balls and especially the CUBANO sliders). But I was very impressed with the buffet. A lot of times, you end up with rubbery chicken and tough beef but this was not the case. Our chicken breast was flavorful and moist and the carved top round was tender as well. The bar service was everything we needed and Bobby even worked with us within our venue rules to serve some additional alcohol options that we provided on our own. This allowed us to give a personal taste to some out of town guests as well as show our true colors as a couple with some of our favorite drinks.

If you're looking at caterers that want $100+/person, you're doing it wrong. The POTR staff will do it way better and at a fraction of the cost.

Sent on 05/06/2019

Carly OConnor · Married on 01/04/2019

Best wedding food ever!

Putting on the Ritz was fabulous and the best choice we could have made for our wedding caterers. They were easy and generous to work with, accommodating to our needs and preferences, and conscious of working within the means of our budget. And, the food was incredible! I still get comments a month later about how delicious our wedding food was. People said it was the best wedding food they had ever had! And we agree! They are a wonderful team to work with and we couldn’t recommend them more highly.

Sent on 01/29/2019

Kurt · Married on 12/08/2018

Great food and service

Easy to work with planning the reception. The food was great, guest complimented on it. They were very well prepared and served guest with a smile.

Sent on 12/20/2018

Samantha · Married on 11/10/2018

Wonderful delicious food for our wedding reception

Putting on the Ritz and Angie were outstanding to work with. Angie was a pleasure to work with, and she helped us put together an amazing fall-themed menu for our November wedding. Many guests commented that it was the best food they have ever had a wedding reception. Angie was also able to provide special menu items for those with allergies and dietary restrictions. We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Naimah · Married on 10/05/2018

Amazing Experience

Neil was amazing with catering our special day. The food wassss ahhmazing! The guests are still raving about the food. Thank you guys soo much.

Sent on 11/09/2018

Parisa · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing food and staff

We hired Putting on the Ritz for our October wedding. We opted for a seated dinner, cocktail hour, and to purchase our own alcohol for the wedding. Rachael was a joy to work with and was very flexible. The food was amazing (mini chicken and waffles were soooo good) and they even cut our cake for free, which from my research, is rare for caterers to not charge for this. The only issue I had was that I made it clear several times that I had 3 guests with a dairy allergy and even indicated on their place cards that this was the case and my sister ended up not getting the salmon in her meal because of some miscommunication so she was only able to eat mashed potatoes for dinner. Still, overall I would highly recommend POTR as Rachael is great to work with and the business owner even oversaw our wedding and made sure things ran smoothly.

Sent on 10/18/2018
  • juli13

Juliana · Married on 09/29/2018

Delicious!

Putting on the Ritz was automatically our caterer since we had our reception at The Great Room. It made things simple and everything was superb. The open bar options were well-priced. We went with a buffet for both the appetizers and the lunch. The food was fantastic — we had many compliments on it! Servers were also efficient and friendly!

Sent on 01/29/2019

Janice · Married on 09/08/2018

We used POTR for 3 events ( rehearsal dinner, reception, brunch next morning). It was AMAZING! They exceeded our expectations in all areas. The food was exceptional. The service impeccable. It rained for our wedding so two hours before the ceremony, we changed from outside to inside. POTR folks adjusted on the fly to accommodate us. They were professional, flexible, friendly, and very helpful for any requests we had. I HIGHLY recommend OOTR for any occasion!!!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Mike · Married on 06/23/2018

From the beginning of planning to the day of our wedding, Bobby and Putting on the Ritz were accomodating, responsive, and flexible. For our budget, Putting on the Ritz provided the best options in our opinion. Guests loved the food, and we were so happy that they put an emphasis on making sure we were fed during our reception as well. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/10/2018
  • The Queens

Christina · Married on 06/23/2018

We got married last month (June 2018), we didn't actually speak with Putting on The Ritz until the end when it was time to square up on the bill, mainly because the coordinator from our venue works with them directly.

My review is solely on the food and day of service which was all amazing. For cocktail hour we had their chicken buffalo dip OH MMM GEEEE, it was the best I've ever had! The servers were so very attentive and stayed on top of everything! I was worried about the temperature of the food because we had a buffet style dinner but they made sure food was at a good temperature. My advice to those going into contract with any caterer is to enter at a low number or the minimum. You can always go up in numbers but not down.

Sent on 07/30/2018

Annie · Married on 06/10/2018

Our biggest wedding priority was the quality of the food, and Putting on the Ritz absolutely delivered. Our venue had a predetermined list of caterers to pick from, and of the 5-6 that we initially contacted, Putting On The Ritz was the only company who actually delivered a sample menu that was exactly in line with the food and budget that we wanted. We worked with Rachael from start to finish and she was so wonderful: Knowledgeable, warm, and very flexible! She was super responsive to all of our questions, even when we emailed her at 10:45 PM in a panic about something not actually that important.

The food and service the day of was incredible. Everyone raved about how delicious everything was and the staff even boxed up the leftovers for my husband and I to take home (and there was a generous amount of leftovers!) We had a buffet but the servers brought us a plate full of food right away, so we were actually able to enjoy the meal and still have time to greet our guests. We were also able to provide our own alcohol while POTR provided the mixers and soft bar, and it was nice to have customized drink offerings (and be able to take home the unopened bottles!).

Choosing Putting on the Ritz was one of the best decisions we made for the wedding. We're still dreaming about their shrimp and grits!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Jennifer · Married on 06/01/2018

The catering manager, Rachael, is phenomenal. We asked for a summer picnic wedding. We also asked to get a tray of apps for our photo session, since I've heard of so many couples not getting to eat during the cocktail hour. I think a caterer with a tray was the first person we saw after walking back down the aisle- THANK YOU. Our apps: deviled eggs, bacon wrapped shrimp, mini chicken and waffles, watermelon feta skewers, polenta rounds with salsa, caprese skewers. Dinner was bruschetta chicken (YUMMM) with mini crab cakes, veggies, potatoes, bread, lemonade bar, fruit salad. They set up our cookie table and cheesecake assortment perfectly. They gave us a list of alcohol to buy from Total Wine to save money (we could even return unopened boxes!!!!!) and I had two people comment on how much they loved the bartenders and how thoughtful they were (they kept congratulating me!! :) ). We were so well taken care of and fed, and our guests loved the professionalism and quality of food. They are incredibly thoughtful and only charged half price to feed our vendors as well as our guests, and provided vegan alternatives for our guests with restrictions (unfortunately some guests didn't say they were vegan at the buffet line, so they missed the main entree and just had veggies... I guess the only things I would have changed were a louder announcement of "tell them you're vegan in the line so they know!", and actually having a table dismissal plan so that my parents could get to the buffet first. I didn't think a plan was necessary, I was mistaken.)
    The table linens looked amazing, they set up my ceremony and reception and cocktail hour, and I didn't worry about a single thing. And now my fridge is full of some leftovers and I have no problem eating this for the next week straight!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2018

POTR did an excellent job on our wedding day! We've had multiple guests comment on how good our food was.
    We worked with Bobby, he provided excellent customer service from start to finish. Bobby is extremely professional and offered us great suggestions. Simply put, he knows what he is doing and you can trust him to follow through on your big day.

Sent on 08/13/2018
  • jerzgrlnmd

Lane · Married on 05/19/2018

We had a brunch style menu and we worked with the Great Room and POTR is the exclusive caterer there. We had chicken and waffles, an omelette station, and a breakfast buffet with eggs, bacon, sausage, and biscuits. Everything was so delish and our guests loved that we switched it up. Everyone was very professional. I would book them again as they have awesome pricing with so many different menus and lots of customization.

Sent on 06/03/2018

Julia Robidoux · Married on 05/11/2018

Food that my guests still rave about!

We are so glad we went with Putting on the Ritz as our caterer. The venue we chose, The Great Room at Savage Mill uses this caterer exclusively for their venue and I was nervous about not having options, but I honestly could not have chosen better. We were able to have 4 people included in our tasting prior to the wedding, and we chose a variety of protein and side options. Choosing was difficult because everything tasted so great! Due to the size of our wedding and trying to keep costs down, we chose to go with a buffet-style dinner. The food tasted exactly as it did (if not better) as on the day we did our tasting. One of our guests actually told us the one downside to our wedding was that he could only get one piece of chicken at a time! We chose the honey almond crusted chicken and it was moist with a crispy skin on our wedding day. We are still hearing rave reviews from our guests- and some that have been to over 5 weddings this year are still saying that our food was the best wedding food they have had.
    They have a great selection of proteins and sides for any budget and they are very flexible to ensure you have great food. The service the day-of was also excellent and our guests were all able to have their first and even some second servings. They were also nice enough to pack up any extra food to send home with us that evening.

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Putting on the Ritz ,Catering 4
    Putting on the Ritz ,Catering 5
    Putting on the Ritz ,Catering 6

Katherine · Married on 05/05/2018

We were absolutely blown away by the food and the service! We have received so many compliments on every aspect – the passed appetizers, the meal, and the attentiveness of the staff. Multiple guests have commented that it’s the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding! Thank you so much for all of your help and patience through the planning process – we can’t thank you enough!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Ali · Married on 05/05/2018

We worked directly with Neil who was great from start to finish! He responded immediately to emails and accommodated our work schedules for meetings as necessary! As for the day of the wedding the staff was exceptional and the food was superb. Our guests are still talking about it. I can't thank Putting on the Ritz enough for their expertise in making our wedding a night to remember!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Susan · Married on 04/28/2018

Putting on the Ritz threw the best party I have ever attended. The waitstaff was fantastic. Everyone complimented the food. The bartender is my new best friend. They cleaned up afterwards and gave us the leftovers. I could not have hoped for a better experience. Thank you, Angie and your staff for a wonderful party.

Sent on 05/08/2018

Rebecca · Married on 01/13/2018

For our wedding at the Ten Oaks Ballroom, Putting on the Ritz was so much more than a catering company. They treated us to a memorable and delicious tasting session, and walked us through customizing our menu. They helped us organize with thorough floorplans and scheduling templates. They set up the ceremony space and the cocktail hour/reception area (including tables, chairs, linens, centerpieces, place settings, and other decorations). Our layout also required rapid setup and teardown during the event itself, which the staff executed efficiently and with no complaint. We worked primarily with Bobby, who is the owner, and he went out of his way to accommodate our requests, which were many. For the money, Putting on the Ritz delivers top-notch service at a great value. On our wedding day, we knew that we were in excellent hands, and that peace of mind was priceless.

Sent on 01/29/2018

Maggie · Married on 01/06/2018

Everything about our wedding day was absolutely perfect! The food was amazing, the venue was absolutely stunning, and the service was incredible! I did not have to worry about a single thing on the day of my wedding and everything at The Great Room was flawless! I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 01/21/2018

Tenille · Married on 11/25/2017

Great team of people! Friendly, caring and trusting. Just the group you want when it comes to your special day. My day was magical and every detail was perfect. We loved the way the tables and buffets were decorated better then anticipated. Wish we had pictures back to share!

Sent on 12/06/2017