Putting on the Ritz ,Catering Reviews

413 | Laurel, MD

413 Reviews for Putting on the Ritz ,Catering

Monica · Married on 07/13/2021

Putting on the Ritz lives up to its name!

My husband and I chose POTR to cater our wedding reception. From the beginning, Neil was highly responsive. Our tasting was wonderful -- it was a pleasure to meet with Neil and try the awesome selections. As we continued on in this process, Neil worked hard to help us with our ideal reception. His guidance and patience while we figured all the details out together was much appreciated. On the day of the reception, Denise was amazing and on top of everything. She really helped pull our vision together and kept everything on track. The rest of the staff were wonderful too -- we noticed their attentiveness and everyone was so friendly and made our reception a success. We were also lucky enough to meet the owner, Bobby!! He was lovely to talk to and funny. We truly are grateful for everyone involved that helped make that night that much more spectacular. We are still getting comments about how great the food was (especially the cupcakes!) and how everything looked. You all ROCK!!!!

Thanks again!

Monica and Dorian

Sent on 07/16/2021
  • Jenny

Jenny H. · Married on 05/08/2021

The food was delicious

We had a wonderful experience with Putting on the Ritz. Our wedding was postponed multiple times due to COVID and they stuck with us through it all. We had a Zoom meeting with Neil to go over the menu and layout and then met in person to finalize details as the wedding got closer. On the actual wedding day, we were so impressed with the whole crew that arrived, from those setting up, passing the appetizers, the bartenders, to the servers. All were very professional and a pleasure to work with. The setup of the room looked beautiful. The food was delicious, and they even packed up the leftovers for us to take home and enjoy for days after.

Sent on 06/30/2021

Jennifer Y. · Married on 04/17/2021

Excellent Service AND Food

Working with Putting on the Ritz (POTR) was a FANTASTIC experience! Shortly after signing our contract with our wedding reception venue (St. Francis Hall), we reached out to a few caterers on their recommended vendor list. POTR/Neil was the first to respond! Working with Neil was a delight - he responded quickly/promptly, answered ALL our questions (there were a lot), organized a wonderful tasting, and worked with us to put together our cocktail hour/dinner menu. As we approached our April 2020 wedding, Neil helped us navigate pandemic related questions and assured us everything would be great...and it was! The food was excellent (we received many positive comments) and the service was fantastic. The POTR team were friendly, attentive and professional. Neil made sure there was a tray of appetizers set aside for me and my husband after we took our photos, his team checked if we needed any drinks, and they also boxed two dinners for us when they noticed we were up greeting our guests and didn't have the chance to finish our meal. I highly recommend working with POTR and Neil!

Sent on 06/14/2021
  • Kayia

Kayia J. · Married on 03/21/2021

Top Notch Service and Food

Putting on the Ritz is an AMAZING catering team in the DMV area. The level of professionalism is unmatched. Neil is wonderful and a pleasure to work with. The owner was also so very nice as we worked with him getting into a new venue space after an abrupt change of plans due to COVID. The food is also spectacular and the presentation is top notch. Hire them now, you won't regret it!

Sent on 04/10/2021

Jeannine · Married on 11/14/2020

Tastefully Done!

We went for a "tasing" before we chose this vendor. They had the room set as if we were attending a wedding based on possible ideas. We chose from an extensive menu and had so many options!

Sent on 11/09/2019

Rachel T. · Married on 10/10/2020

Best Caterer

We couldn’t have asked for a better person to work with. Cassie was beyond helpful. She was everything I needed for my wedding and helped me out together a wonderful wedding during COVID. If you’re a bride looking for someone who is amazing look no further. Cassie truly was wonderful. I’d give Cassie alone 10stars if I could.

Sent on 11/04/2020
  • Lena

Lena H. · Married on 08/21/2020

So great to work with!

Great experience! At the tasting, I voiced concern over the chicken being a bit dry and Angie reassured us it would be perfect the day of. We also decided we wanted the chicken prepared in a different way (breaded and fried instead of baked) and it turned out delicious the day of the wedding, not dry at all! All the sides and other dishes were amazing as well!

Sent on 09/09/2020

Sonya · Married on 07/05/2020

Delicious!

Amazing, high quality food for wedding reception! Very special!

Sent on 07/15/2020
  • Jill

Jill P. · Married on 06/05/2020

Always excellent!

I am a DJ with Bialek's Music Agency and have worked with this catering company many times. They are beyond knowledgeable and efficient, as well as able to work with all budgets and styles! I love them!

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Nikita

Nikita B. · Married on 03/15/2020

wedding caterers

i was very happy with the taste and presentation of food.

Sent on 03/19/2020

Emma T. · Married on 03/13/2020

Best Food ever! YUMMY!! Mouth watering!

I want to extend my sincere thanks to Neil and the entire crew of Putting on the Ritz. We had so many choices from food to linens. Neil helped us with the layout of the wedding and reception at the Newton White Mansion. The design that he came up with was perfect. They have worked at the venue numerous times and it showed!
    From the setup of the chairs to the set up of the tables and buffet stations, everything was just wonderful. The food was prepared fresh!! Nothing frozen. From the time they started cooking the food, my guest were anxiously awaiting the meal. The smell was delightful! I received so many complements from the guest! Everyone said that they had never had food like that at a wedding. YUMMY!!
    The food for the cocktail hour was just a warm up for the meal. I have to say that the one food everyone raved about was the spinach dip at the cocktail hour. OMG!!
    When you hire them not if, you have to have that dip for your wedding or event.
    I have numerous food allergies and they did a great job at keeping all of those off the menu.
    Again I just can not say how great they were! Putting on the Ritz is a local business ( we actually live right down the street from them). Please help support your local businesses! Without you they can not continue to do the great work and make that special event even more special.

Sent on 04/16/2020

Molly · Married on 12/27/2019

Happy Bride

I could not have asked for a better catering team to cater my wedding. Their staff was all so friendly and attentive. They took care of everything. And the food was delicious!!

Sent on 12/29/2019

Stephanie · Married on 11/09/2019

Great service

The food was amazing. All the guest raved about it. They were prompt and courteous. Loved their service. Highly recommended.

Sent on 11/22/2019

Angela · Married on 09/28/2019

Book potr!

Really loved working with Claudia as a partner during our wedding planning and wedding day experience. From the beginning, Claudia helped answer all of our questions (no matter how detailed or abstract) extremely quickly and efficiently. She and her team helped make our wedding venue so beautiful and accommodated custom décor and requests with a smile. Don't hesitate to book POTR for your wedding, I'm so happy we did and would recommend to any bride or groom looking for a reliable and expert catering company and coordinator. Thank you Claudia!

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole H. · Married on 09/27/2019

Amazing food and service

Putting on the Ritz was clearly the caterer we wanted for our wedding. I emailed 5 caterers when trying to decide on who to have cater our wedding reception, and they were the best about working with our budget. We gave them a little input on some must-have foods (like crab) and they whipped up a delicious-sounding menu under the budget that we requested—and they could make everything gluten-free so the groom and his mother would be able to eat everything offered at the wedding! Claudia was easy to work with and very responsive to emails, even when there were a few bumps in the road with the guest list. Everyone enjoyed the food at the wedding, and the service at the wedding was great. We had a very short ceremony but the staff kept things moving quickly so everyone had their food and time to eat in the hour between being seated and the champagne toast. We also appreciated Claudia working with is on the open bar—we really wanted a coffee liquor that was available with their top-tier liquor package, but we couldn’t pay the top-tier price. Putting on the Ritz allowed us to pay for the medium-tier package and bring them a couple of unopened bottles of the liquor we requested for the wedding. They were accommodating to all our requests and we couldn’t have asked for more from our food!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/24/2019

Wonderful experience

Their quality of service is amazing and its worth your money. Bobby is a wonderful person though busy but is kind to respond to emails and calls and keeps up with everything you need. They draw the seating plan for you, make the adjustment, set up for your big day and tear down after, makinf your day stress free

Sent on 03/11/2019

Lynda K. · Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing Food

Not only was the food wonderful but the planning with Putting on the Ritz was so easy. Their food and décor was spectacular. Our guests were served a wonderful meal including appetizers, salads, and entrée. No one was disappointed and we are still being told by guests how great the food was at our wedding! We highly recommend Putting On The Ritz!

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Michele

Michele R. · Married on 06/22/2019

Exceptional

I worked with Neil, who is absolutely amazing. From our very first call he was beyond helpful and knowledgeable. He was super fast to respond to emails, answered my 1000 questions numerous times, worked and changed our menu 10 plus times and more. He was so accommodating and helpful. The food was amazing! Normally you wonder if the food will be as good as it was on your tasting day, and I can say with 100% honestly it was just as good or better, and they served 140 people plated dinners. Our guests loved all of the appetizers and dinner. The wait staff was beyond professional and kind. POTR was outstanding! I would use them again in a heartbeat!
    Thank you!!!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Lauren · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing Wedding

We hired Putting on the Ritz as the caterer for our wedding at Gramercy Mansion in June of 2019. The process leading up to the wedding was great, we planned our menu and seating arrangement through Claudia. Claudia provided us a back up plan in case of the rain and met with us to go through the entire schedule and was very responsive to our emails and questions. The day of we had Denise assigned to us as our day of manager. Denise is the absolute best!!! She is so kind, upbeat, and positive and made sure that our day went smoothly. The food was amazing, and all of our guests were raving about it the next day.

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Becky

Becky · Married on 06/21/2019

Perfect Wedding Day!!

Bobby and his team truly made our wedding day come together perfectly!! He was so professional to work with, and was so knowledgeable about displays, timelines, and weddings in general! He was readily available by email or phone. The day of our wedding, everything looked beautiful, and the staff was great. The bartenders and servers were friendly and professional. We received so many compliments about how delicious the food was and how beautiful everything looked!! I cannot recommend Putting On the Ritz enough!!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Rebekah

Rebekah · Married on 06/08/2019

Delicious food, great service!

We worked with Neil at Putting on the Ritz to put together a buffet-style wedding menu that was delicious without breaking our budget. Despite my frazzled and disorganized state through much of the process, Neil was very patient and helped us make sure every detail was taken care of, such as arranging for special meals for our guests with dietary restrictions, and coordinating the serving of wine and beer which we brought ourselves.
    I was warned by many that I might not get to eat on my own wedding day, but Putting on the Ritz set aside appetizers for us ahead of time and snagged us each a full plate from the buffet before anyone else. I'm happy to say that we both got to eat all the food that we spent so much time picking out - I was very excited about the buffalo chicken wontons, and they didn't let me down! We received countless compliments on the mashed potatoes, and were delighted to receive a tray each of leftover mashed potatoes and London broil afterwards.

Sent on 06/16/2019

Courtney · Married on 06/08/2019

Wonderful experience!

Putting on the Ritz made our wedding planning so much easier! We did the all inclusive package they offered. This made payments easier and planning less stressful. The day of they made sure we had food on our table and drinks even while we were running around busy! The only thing I would change is that the person I was speaking to throughout the entire planning process was not the same person there on the actual wedding day. Everything still went smoothly. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 01/25/2020
  • Jordana

Jordana · Married on 05/26/2019

Incredible Food, Beautiful Venue

The food is excellent and they set everything up beautifully. Angie, who manages the Great Room at Savage Mill (our wedding venue), is a boss and a saint. She managed to put up with some very difficult family politics and was always on our side. She also offered no-nonsense advice and superior organization. Thank you for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 06/01/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly N. · Married on 05/11/2019

Everything was PERFECT!!!

Everything was beyond perfect-the food, the service, the venue... Unfortunately, it rained the night of my sons wedding but Angie and her staff were extremely flexible and made sure the bride was happy and got everything she wanted. It was a truly magical evening! Bobby went above and beyond working with us on the menu and details. I would wholeheartedly recommend Putting on the Ritz for any occasion.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Mary · Married on 05/04/2019

Superb Service & Delicious Food!

We couldn't have been more thrilled with the service we received from Putting on the Ritz! They were by far the most affordable option on the "Approved Vendors" list for our wedding reception venue, and we certainly got a huge bang for our buck. Throughout the planning process, our contact person Claudia Raymond was extremely responsive and pleasant to work with. POTR was very flexible and accommodating: they allowed us the option of stocking the open bar ourselves, which was quite a money-saver; and there was no fuss involved in adding a vegetarian option to our menu when a few guests requested it rather late in the game. POTR even helped set up (and later pack up) several decor items the day of the event (guest book, favors, etc.), which was immensely helpful since our ceremony was off-site and we didn't have a day-of coordinator to take care of those tasks. The day of, all the food was delicious, from the passed apps to the salads to the dessert spread. I'd especially recommend the New York strip with fried leeks: so good! The dinner portions were generous (I sadly couldn't even finish mine, thanks to wedding day nerves!), and the waitstaff and bartenders were all friendly, prompt, and professional. Many of our guests raved to us about the quality of the food and the service. I'd recommend POTR to anyone looking for an affordable, top-notch caterer, for a wedding or for any other type of event.

Sent on 05/22/2019