Purple Onion Catering Company Reviews

163 | Vienna, VA

163 Reviews for Purple Onion Catering Company

163 Purple Onion Catering Company Reviews

Amanda · Married on 09/14/2018

We worked with Brooke and fell in love with Purple Onion at our tasting. We really liked that it fit into our budget to do a plated dinner and that they included linens and table settings. They did such a great job on our wedding day with speediness between the salad and main course with serving and cleaning. It was so sweet that Brooke even took the time to come to our table to make sure we were happy with everything! Definitely recommend!

Cheryl · Married on 09/01/2018

The day was PERFECT! We got so many positive comments about the food I think everyone was stuffed. The lamp chops were great of course that's probably all I ate lol. We LOVE being married and am so glad we got to work with you. I did not get to try a late night snack =( but I heard it was delightful. Everything looked beautiful and the service was superb. You guys are so great at what you do I cold not have chose a better team. Thank you a million times over!

Rachel · Married on 08/19/2018

Kristen and Margaret were a pleasure to work with. The Purple Onion team served an attractive and delicious meal at our wedding. They were very organized throughout the planning process and made sure everything ran smoothly on the wedding day. Highly recommend!

• Kristin

Kristin · Married on 07/28/2018

We had an amazing experience working with Purple Onion Catering, and especially our Event Designer Paige! Catering was one of the highest priorities for our wedding. We had a unique and specific vision for not only the food itself, but also for the entire experience. Specifically, we wanted an Oktoberfest inspired wedding with themed small-plate-style food stations all around the room. We spoke to at least 8 catering companies attempting to describe our vision and give them an opportunity to come up with a plan to bring that vision to life. Paige and Purple Onion seemed to "get it" more than any of the others and nailed it right from the initial conversation and first proposed menu! We were so impressed right from the start and were even more impressed at our tasting. The food at the tasting simply blew us away and the tasting experience was incredibly professional. Paige continued to be wonderful to work with throughout the rest of the process. Purple Onion was able to deliver everything on our wedding day exactly as we had dreamed! The food was just as wonderful as we experienced at the tasting (which I know that cooking for a small tasting vs. 150 people can be completely different, but they absolutely pulled it off!) and our guests have been raving about how much they enjoyed the food and entire experience! We highly recommend Purple Onion Catering!

• The Nuptials

Loreal · Married on 07/14/2018

Paige killed it! We cannot thank her enough for all of the time and effort she put into our wedding. Paige met with me multiple times at the venue as our guest list was ever changing and she was right there to roll with the punches with us. In the end we had just over 100+ guests that PO treated to a fabulous black tie experience from pre ceremony champagne upon arrival, to 5 passed apps, and then a multi course meal. The multi course meal was something that another catering company had suggested to me, but the price wasn't right. Enter PO and the price was right! We started with a salad, then a sea bass (droooooool - husband had to have it!), and then a short rib. After dinner we had a 6 piece dessert bar and then late night snacks of tots, sliders, and fries. PO knocked it out of the park! People are still telling us how full they were and how tasty everything was - I keep getting asked about the sea bass in particular and fish can be difficult to keep the right temperature when serving the masses. Bravo, Paige and team! I would recommend PO to all of my friends!

plutzik robbins wedding guest list · Married on 07/07/2018

We used Purple Onion for my daughters wedding which was held July 7, 2018. They were amazing and we would highly recommend them. The food was so delicious and the presentation was beautiful!! They were very easy to work with -- very accommodating. Lovely staff, servers and bartenders. Margaret, thank you so much for all of your attention to every detail in my daughter's wedding. You made it very special!
    Carolyn and Alan Plutzik

Andres · Married on 06/24/2018

Margaret and Kristen at Purple Onion were simply Awesome!!!

Where to begin?...oh yes... Monica and I can not THANK YOU enough!

EVERYTHING WAS SPOT ON, from the way They paid attention and listened to us to their expertise and suggestions on what would look better on our wedding day!
    My family and friends were raving about how beautiful everything looked as well as the food, it was absolutely delicious...my mother could not stop talking about how tender and exquisite the short ribs were...
    What a team they make!.. Margaret, Kristen and her crew were absolutely outstanding, their attention to detail superb!

Again Thank You for taking care of Us and making our day even more special.

You are the Best!!!

Monica & Andres L.

Kate · Married on 06/23/2018

Working with Paige and her team at Purple Onion was wonderful - every detail was taken care of exactly as I had imagined, she provided great suggestions along the way, answered my millions of questions, and was just a true joy to work with. I wanted a family style meal, and while many caterers I talked to said I couldn't do it within my budget or I shouldn't do it because of XYZ, Paige said: "yes! Sounds great, here's what we can do." And pulled it off incredibly.

The wedding day was perfection, and Purple Onion played a major role in that - from rentals to staff to of course, the delicious food. And, importantly, they are a great value, especially for this area.

Nadine · Married on 06/23/2018

Since our wedding last month, everyone has been RAVING about our food. The passed hors d'oeuvres during the cocktail hour were delicious, but they were just the start.

The plated dinner was amazing. One reason they're awesome is because you can pick TWO proteins for the plated meal, so everyone got short rib AND chicken on their plate, along with mixed vegetables and mac and cheese. We knew that mac and cheese wasn't a typical plated wedding dish, but as soon as we tried it during our initial tasting, we knew we had to go with it. It was a huge hit; especially that along with the short rib.

We also had Purple Onion make our cake, which everyone loved. We can't wait to eat it again on our anniversary. (They will bake you a fresh, small cake on your one year anniversary, so you don't have to eat frozen, year old cake!)

In addition, Margaret was a pleasure to work with. Very accommodating and friendly the whole time. We are so happy we went with Purple Onion!

ALYSON · Married on 06/02/2018

Walking into our event hall on our wedding day, we were truly blown away - it was picture perfect - and JUST what we imagined! The food and service was simply amazing. The staff was wonderful - they were all professional but all so friendly and FUN. They fit perfectly into our wedding day! I am so glad we decided to work with Purple Onion Catering and have nothing but positive things to say about them!

Purple Onion Catering Company 1
    Purple Onion Catering Company 2
    Purple Onion Catering Company 3
    Purple Onion Catering Company 4

Renee · Married on 05/27/2018

Paige was fabulous to work with and made it a very easy and enjoyable experience. The food was delicious at the tasting and equally delicious at the wedding. The staff was great!

Campbell · Married on 05/26/2018

I used Purple Onion for my May 2018 wedding at Bull Run Winery. From the original tasting appointment to the end of the wedding, Purple Onion and Margaret (the event manager) blew us away with their organization, attention to detail, amazing tasting food and overall customer service. Margaret is a pro at running a wedding and was a huge part of making the event perfect for us. She was always there to answer my questions or execute any little change we requested. She thought of alot of details before I did and was right there to remind me of decisions that needed to be made so everything stayed on track. As a project manager I appreciate detailed, action oriented and on time project execution! Margaret and Purple Onion did the most amazing job. I would use them again in a second. Not to mention the food and presentation at the wedding was also AMAZING. Thank you Margaret!

Purple Onion Catering Company 5
    Purple Onion Catering Company 6

Anastasia · Married on 05/19/2018

Margaret and Kristen,
    We are on cloud nine. What a perfect, absolutely magical day thanks to you all! Everything looked better than I could have dreamed and we got endless compliments on the quality of the food and service. Your team is exceptional and all our guests had a big smile on their faces. The rain could not make it a gloomy day!
    I felt no stress or anxiety about putting our big day in your hands and you made it so special. We cannot thank you enough. From our family to yours, thank you for making the day perfect.

Kim · Married on 05/12/2018

The main thing my husband and I wanted was to have remarkable food. I received so many compliments from our guests that the food was amazing. Margaret and her team did a phenomenal job to make our day super special and memorable.

Jennifer · Married on 05/05/2018

Purple Onion Catering was flawless in helping us plan and execute our big day. Food was one of my priorities when planning because I wanted to feed my guests right! I continue to get compliments on the food and the quality of it to this day. Working with Margaret and her team was wonderful. Margaret makes sure all of your needs are met and works effortlessly to ensure the service provided is top notch. I felt confident in giving Margaret and her team the space needed to do what they do best - I didn’t have to worry about a thing on the day of the wedding, which is exactly what I wanted. We thoroughly enjoyed working with Purple Onion Catering and would highly recommend their services to anyone else planning their day.

Emma · Married on 04/28/2018

Purple Onion was essential to making our wedding day perfect!! Paige was a wonderful partner - she went above & beyond on all details, and brought an incredible energy to every meeting and the day itself. From the food to the table settings to the execution, I couldn't have envisioned a more perfect catering/rental vendor - Paige & team captured my vision exactly. Thank you Purple Onion team!!

• Caroline

Caroline · Married on 04/22/2018

Purple Onion was phenomenal to work with for catering our wedding. The food is top notch and the service was solid. Paige was our point of contact from the beginning, and she is a dream to work with! We used Purple Onion for our catering and linens/utensils. Paige thinks of all the little details that you may miss, and is happy to work with you to create a menu just for you. Even though the price may be a bit higher than some, it is absolutely worth every penny. Our guests could not stop raving about the food which is a total win in my book. I cannot recommend Purple Onion enough!

Caitlin · Married on 04/06/2018

Purple Onion Catering is absolutely fabulous! We were so blessed to have enjoyed their food at our April 2018 wedding. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. Everyone very much enjoyed every bite. They are very professional and pleasant to work with. I highly recommend Purple Onion Catering!

MB · Married on 03/16/2018

We worked with Margaret who is the best! She was very responsive, totally on top of everything and a lot of fun to work with. She took into account everything we wanted and absolutely delivered. The food is really really good (go for the crabcake appetizer!) and all of our guests enjoyed it. Staff was professional and made it so our event was so smooth that all the guests were free to just have a really good time. I HIGHLY recommend Purple Onion's services.

Scott · Married on 02/18/2018

We booked Purple Onion for our wedding and it was the best experience. Margaret is amazing and was great to work with. Even from the beginning at our tasting, I could tell everything would go well. Margaret was thorough, understanding, prompt, and had great ideas! The food was amazing, our guests are still talking about it! Great food = Happy People. I would recommend Purple Onion in heartbeat!

Sheila · Married on 11/03/2017

The folks at Purple Onion Catering Company are the absolute best! We had attended a couple of events where The Purple Onion had catered, and we knew we would get quality service/food. We worked with Margaret and she gave us awesome suggestions to make our special day so memorable. From the time we contacted them until the very end of the evening of our wedding, we were so pleased with the outcome. The tastings were amazing! The presentation of our buffet was just lovely. We are still receiving so many comments about the food..."the very best we have ever had"! We also had them make our very tasty and beautiful cake! Just so pleased with every aspect of our experience with them. The staff that worked the event was especially helpful! We would highly recommend them for any of your catering needs!

Juan · Married on 10/28/2017

Our wedding was glorious! Scrumptious food and drink, outstanding service, and whimsical decor! Thank you for making our wedding ever so memorable! Manny and Brian

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/08/2017

I loved working with Paige! The whole process was smooth. The food was great! I loved being able to design our themed cocktail hour food stations to honor our French, El Salvador, & Tanzanian connections. Dinner was delicious! The tableware and rentals looked great and the service was fantastic! I could not have been happier.

Kelly · Married on 09/30/2017

My fiancé and I had the pleasure of working with Margaret at Purple Onion Catering for our recent wedding at The Winery at Bull Run. From the time we did our first tasting, to the day of our wedding Purple Onion was accommodating and amazing. Our guests raved about the food and service Margaret and her team provided to our guests. We went the bacon wrapped sweet potatoes, mini crab cakes, chicken and waffle cones, and french onion soup bowls for the appetizers and they were all equally amazing. We also chose to do our cutting cake and mini desserts through Purple Onion, and it was so convenient to have everything come together. The cake was fantastic (the dark chocolate cake with raspberry filling was TO DIE FOR) and the mini desserts fit in with our style so perfectly. Our wedding day was memorable because of the amazing service provided by the team at Purple Onion Catering and I would recommend them for any even in the Northern Virginia area!!!