Purity Hair Design Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Dani
    Dani L. Married on 11/05/2022

Wonderful Staff!!

The ladies here at Purity Hair Design are some of the most kind, down to earth, and unique ladies I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I was honored to have them doing my bridal makeup! Even at the trial, I could talk to Jenn and Dana like I had known them for years. I’d love to give a big shoutout to Dana, who helped me put the final touches on my hair and placed my veil for me before I did my own reveal in a big wall mirror. I started tearing up and Dana shared in the moment with me, shedding a few of her own. That’s just how much this establishment cares for and bonds with their clients. Don’t give it another thought - book these people, you won’t be sorry!
  • Allison
    Allison F. Married on 10/16/2022

GREAT, stress-free experience!

Laurie and the Purity team were phenomenal. I have naturally curly hair and wanted a stylist who would work with my texture instead of straightening and re-curling with an iron, and Laurie was up for the task. During my trial, Laurie was detail oriented and took the time to listen to what I wanted. She was also extremely responsive when I asked for tweaks/modifications. She picked up on the vibe I was going for immediately. On the day of, she was punctual, professional, relaxed, funny, and personable, which helped me stay calm and enjoy the experience. She also did hair and makeup for my mom (pictured), mother in law (pictured), and sister, all of whom asked for very different things, and everyone was thrilled with their results. Can't recommend highly enough!
    Michelle M. Married on 10/15/2022

The BEST Experience

From the start of everything they all were so helpful. I had changed my mind several times about what services I wanted done and they never hesitated or complained about my of it and were so understanding. As someone who is from out of state I was so nervous about going off reviews and never getting to have a trial but the work she did the day of on not only me but my entire bridal party was amazing! I highly recommend for you wedding!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Trisa S. Married on 10/09/2022

Excellent!

The ladies of Purity are the real deal! Dana, Amanda, Fallon and Jenn were all so pleasant and easy to work with. I did a wedding hair trial with Fallon and decided i wanted a different style after leaving the salon. Dana, the wedding coordinator, assured me Fallon could do the new style without another trial...and she delivered! My wedding hair was exactly what i envisioned; add in Jenn's makeup skills and i was feeling like a princess! The whole entire team was just so friendly, and attentive. 10/10!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie M. Married on 09/30/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Awesome team, fun to work with, and amazing hairstyles!

I was a little nervous hiring Dana and the Purity Hair team without being able to book a trial first (I live 2 hours away) as I wear very little makeup and am particular about it. The trial went great. And on my wedding day the team was prompt and efficient. Great attitudes and fun to work with. All 6 of us were completely thrilled with our hair and makeup, which stayed put all night through a 6 hour reception filled with dancing (no joke we had a polka band and dj, so it was a lot of good cardio!). 10/10 would recommend to anyone!
  • Lily
    Lily R. Married on 08/15/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing group and very attentive and skilled

They were very professional, helpful, and exceeded all expectations. They were able to do very complicated hairstyles including large hair pieces and crowns under the same time constraints of a normal wedding and anticipated all the problems and issues that may come with it. They made us all with different beautiful hairstyles that allowed us to wear our crowns and take them off without messing up our hair. our hair stayed throughout the night no matter the stress it was under, which was impressive to all the guests.
    Haley R. Married on 08/13/2022

Purity Hair Design for a Wedding

I will tell anyone who will listen to hire Purity Hair Design for their wedding. They made sure to be in contact with me, confirmed everything to make sure it was what I wanted, and was professional the whole way. I also did a trial with them and Dana was so willing to work with me and my vision. On the day of they their job well, and also make the day of experience so enjoyable!
  • Jessica
    Jessica H. Married on 08/12/2022

We Are So Happy!

I had such a good experience with Purity Hair Design. Dana is amazing and did a beautiful job getting my hair prepped before the wedding with a cut and highlights, and was prompt and thorough on my wedding day. Laurie also did a beautiful job with the makeup! Exactly what I was looking for. We had myself, 3 bridesmaids, the mother of the bride, and the mother of the groom, and everyone was very happy with Dana and Laurie's work.
  • Erin
    Erin G. Married on 07/02/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Talented hair and makeup artists!

Purity Hair Design was such a great group to work with! They were incredibly communicative and made sure I had everything I wanted for my day! They created a great schedule to ensure that my girls and I were all ready on time. Laurie and Soojee were so fun to have with us all morning, and we all looked amazing with plenty of time to spare!
    Cassandra W. Married on 06/11/2022

Purity Hair Design- love them

Purity Hair Design was able to accommodate me after a mishap with my previously selected salon for the wedding. The staff are professional, friendly and so nice to work with. The did such a good job I switched to them for my regular hair appointments!
    Kim M. Married on 06/11/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolutely amazing, and would recommend for any bride!

I had the best experience working with Purity Hair Design from day 1. I reached out to so many vendors & no one answered as kindly or quickly as Dana & the Purity team. What an absolute (stress free) dream my wedding was from my hair to the hair of my girls & mom. Would highly recommend to any bride!
    Annie M. Married on 10/09/2021

Gorgeous Hair and Makeup

Dana and the whole team at Purity were amazing. Dana, Amanda, Laurie and Jen did hair and makeup for me, my eight bridesmaids, mother of the bride, and mother of the groom. They did an amazing job, everyone looked like themselves but elevated. Many of my bridesmaids and I do not wear a lot of makeup. Jen and Laurie made us all feel comfortable and gorgeous. On the morning of the wedding, I had a pimple pop up on my chin (a la My Big Fat Greek Wedding) Jen was awesome about covering it up and by the time I was walking down the aisle, you couldn’t even tell it was there.
  • Candace
    Candace Married on 10/02/2021

Easy fun and beautiful

Purity Hair Design was absolutely amazing from the beginning. Dana was so responsive and always so willing to answer any and all questions and made everything so clear and easy to understand. When the girls Soojee and Laurie showed up on my wedding day they were so fun to talk to and we’re so willing to fix and adjust anything myself and the girls wanted tweaked. Everyone’s hair and makeup came out beautiful and lasted the entire day considering we started at 6:45AM. I would highly recommend this team they did an amazing job!
  • Olivia
    Olivia H. Married on 10/02/2021

Amazing Team!

If you are searching for hair & makeup for your wedding look no further! Having Purity with me for my big day was one of the easiest decisions I made. Dana & Jen made the whole process easy and fun! Lots of laughs throughout the day, they made my girls feel comfortable and beautiful. After Dana & Jen finished with me I looked in the mirror and have never felt so beautiful, I was a bride, and knew I was ready to meet my groom at the altar.
  • Sarah
    Sarah M. Married on 10/01/2021

Amazing team!

I had Dana as my hair stylist for my October wedding and it was nothing short of an excellent experience! She made myself and all of my girls feel comfortable and was so much fun! She did a better job then I could have even imagined and everyone looked so beautiful thanks to her and her team!
  • Meghan
    Meghan A. Married on 08/14/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolutely loved working with them!

Dana and Jen are awesome! I would highly recommend using Purity Hair Design for your wedding! They were super accommodating when we had to change our date not once but twice! And when it came time for the day they were ahead of schedule and super easy to get along with! I was a little nervous about having 2 strangers basically hanging out with me and my girls on my wedding day, but I can honestly say they were funny and personable! My hair and make up was perfect and when one of my bridesmaids wanted to change their hair halfway through, they didn’t care or get annoyed and just made the adjustments she wanted! They helped made my wedding day perfect!
    Deanna Married on 08/07/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Hands down the best in the area!

There was no doubt in my mind when choosing hair and makeup for my wedding. Amanda has been doing hair for my family for many years, and I knew I could trust her and her team with anything. We had a HUGE wedding party and her team worked perfectly on schedule all morning. Dana was flexible and helpful throughout the entire planning process. My wedding hair and makeup dreams came to fruition. I would recommend Purity hands down over any other in the business.
  • Michelle
    Michelle S. Married on 09/05/2020

Would highly recommend

Amanda, the owner of Purity Hair Salon, was very responsive to all of my messages, and extremely kind and professional! While we unfortunately ended up canceling our wedding due to COVID, it was very pleasant to work with Amanda during this process as she was extremely understanding and positive. 100% recommend.
  • Liz
    Liz A. Married on 01/18/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Everything A Bride Could Ever Need!

Making 9 girls from the Bronx happy is nearly impossible and yet that is EXACTLY what happened with Purity!! Every single one of us looked stunning, hair and makeup flawless, but even better, we all still looked like ourselves. No crazy makeup caked on or insane hairstyles. Not only did we feel beautiful but as a bride, you want your girls to have fun getting ready on your big day and the purity team kept us laughing and dancing around, was organized so that we stayed on time for the photographer, and stuck around till the very end to do last minute touch ups.
    Getting ready with them made the process painless, fun, and the results were incredible. Also, my now husband cried when he saw me and that never happens! He could not get over how perfect I looked! I worked with several of the women and they were all extremely personable and helpful and efficient through the process of hair and makeup trails, schedule changes, and in my case a totally different hairstyle the day of.
    They helped make my wedding perfect and I could not recommend them more!
    R Aleman Married on 12/27/2019

Great experience with Purity

Purity did my makeup and hair for my September wedding. I had a small bridal party, just my daughter and my mother. They did a great job with each one of us! We had our hair and makeup done at the salon on the wedding day and it was a great experience, all of the staff are so helpful and kind. We all looked amazing and would highly recommend the Purity team!
    Tyler W. Married on 10/10/2019

Flawless!

I absolutely looooved Purity on my wedding day. Not only were they super fun and friendly, the work they did was nothing short of flawless. I absolutely LOVED both hair and makeup for myself, and all of my wedding party, not just liked LOVED! I cannot say enough positive things about them, they were amazing! My husband and a couple of groomsmen also got their hair done and they did a great job for them as well.
    Mary Married on 10/05/2019

Vermont Mountain Wedding

Working with Purity Hair Design was fantastic from start to finish! I worked with the owner, Amanda, to discuss all the scheduling details. She even took time to meet with me and review everything when I went in for my hair and makeup trial. Natasha did the makeup for myself and my 6 bridesmaids and Dana did the hair. I was able to do a trial with both of them a few months before the wedding which really took the pressure off on the big day! They are both very knowledgeable about what will work best- I showed them pictures of my wedding dress and my color scheme and they helped me decide what hair style/makeup would work best for my hair type, skin, wedding location (we got married on top of a mountain so an up-do was a must!) On the day of the wedding, Natasha and Dana turned the condo where we were getting ready into a salon! They set-up in minutes and brought everything they could possibly need. All the girls were thrilled with how their hair and makeup turned out. I've honestly never felt so beautiful! One thing I was surprised about was the next day when I took out my up-do, it was incredibly easy to brush out my hair-but it managed to stay put all night long! I have incredibly thick hair and its usually a pain combing out my hair after its had product in it-whatever they use is amazing! Dana and Natasha made sure to take care of any touch-ups after all the girls were finished, and they were so flexible about making changes if something didn't feel/look right. It was such a pleasure working with Purity Hair Design and I couldn't be happier with the experience!
    Amy Married on 10/04/2019

Amazingggg!

I set up all of the details for my wedding with Amanda- she was amazing- always very responsive to my questions! Dana came to do my hair the day of my wedding as well as my bridal party's. Everyone loved her and she did a a fabulous job!!
    Jennifer Married on 09/20/2019

Beautiful results

Natasha was excellent. She does an amazing job with hair and makeup, and she is a sweetheart to deal with. We had a blast working with her and all the bridesmaids looked beautiful. The bride looked pretty great too! (Myself)
    Thank you Purity for you exceptional services!
    Jaclyn B. Married on 08/10/2019

Perfect hair!

From the beginning Amanda and her team were so accommodating and helpful. Dana and Laurie are so great at what they do and everyone’s hair came out beautiful. They made sure everyone was happy and I had so many compliments on how my hair came out. I’m so thankful I chose them for my day and would definitely recommend them to anyone!
illustration stars