Pump House Weddings and B&B Reviews

Pump House Weddings and B&B 6
Pump House Weddings and B&B 7

Tasha Troutman · Married on 12/01/2018

Wonderful venue

From the moment I saw the pictures online of the Pump House, I knew I wanted to have me wedding there. Not only is the property absolutely beautiful and unique. Doug and the staff are amazing. We had a beautiful wedding and our wedding weekend breakfasts were delicious! My husband and I plan on going back to stay the weekend for our anniversary!

Sent on 06/27/2019
    Pump House Weddings and B&B 14
  • Chelsey

Chelsey Ayres · Married on 10/13/2018

No regrets!

Just like the first time we met, the first time we stepped foot onto the property of The Pump House, we knew that this was it. Doug and Lisa have worked so hard and have put so much passion and love into this incredible spot tucked down in the woods. From the beautiful property, creative and unique art pieces, and the handpicked apple/pear cobbler at breakfast, they were a huge part in making our wedding weekend perfect. The Pump House is so unique and full of love, we felt it instantly on our first visit. The property is full of passion and warmth that can be felt in the details throughout the cabins and the rest of the property. The staff exudes kindness and projects it to all guests and couples throughout the whole weekend. We were so proud to have the feedback from our guests about the venue and we continue to hear all the good things about our weekend from our guests. Positive comments about the food, the services, and the relaxed atmosphere are still pouring in. I really have no idea how to really put into words how amazing our whole weekend was there and I know there are a ton of things I'm missing in this review. They were incredible from start to finish during the entire planning process of our wedding. We have zero regrets and hope to return to the property for a love getaway in the future.

Sent on 10/29/2018
    Pump House Weddings and B&B 15
    Pump House Weddings and B&B 16
    Pump House Weddings and B&B 17
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 08/25/2018

This is the most perfect place for a wedding. Doug and Lisa were so accommodating.

Sent on 09/03/2018

Claire · Married on 03/31/2018

Doug and Lisa were so welcoming and helpful throughout the whole process. We absolutely fell in love with the location, and every time we came back to visit it was improved. For us, getting to choose our vendors, staying on site, having no strict time limit and ability to be in the spaces the whole weekend really made the weekend extra wonderful with more family time. The artwork is beautiful, the breakfast is delicious, and it is is just the most lovely place to be married!!!

Sent on 04/12/2018
    Pump House Weddings and B&B 18
    Pump House Weddings and B&B 19
    Pump House Weddings and B&B 20
    Pump House Weddings and B&B 21

Summer · Married on 07/29/2017

We fell absolutely in love with the property! Doug, Marika and Lisa were phenomenal! They are all so welcoming and friendly, going out of their way to help in anyway they could and making everyone feel at home. Our day turned out perfectly, more so than I ever could have dreamed!

Sent on 08/12/2017
  • U

Sarah · Married on 07/15/2017

We recently had our wedding at the Pump House B & B and everything was perfect! From our first visit, the owners and staff went our of their way to answer any questions we had and were such a delight to work with! The property is stunning and all of our guests raved about the venue. It's phenomenal!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Sarah · Married on 06/04/2017

The Pump House was a perfect choice for our wedding venue. In spite of having rain, it was a wonderful day! Adjustments were quickly made by the staff to accommodate an indoor wedding. Pump House staff worked closely with caterers to ensure everything ran smoothly. From planning to ending our time at The Pump House, we could not have been treated better or asked for a better venue. We highly recommend The Pump House for a wedding choice!

Sent on 06/24/2017

Jacquelyn · Married on 05/13/2017

Great venue with beautiful grounds and helpful staff. Separate house for bride and groom was lovely, large, and well equipped. Five bridesmaids plus matron of honor all stayed comfortably on site. Having facility from Friday to Sunday really great. Everyone raved about the tasty and really large homemade breakfasts.

The fire pit is a delightful and unusual addition to the wedding events. Used it Friday night after the rehearsal dinner. Everyone enjoyed sitting around, talking, making smores, and easing the pre-wedding jitters.

Throughout planning and execution, Lisa was fabulous! Attitude was refreshing and conveyed a real interest in making the wedding "just what we wanted". Worked well with all our vendors too.

Rain prevented our planned outdoor wedding, but turned out beautifully anyway. Used smaller building for rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and cocktail hour. Amazing turn around for all these rapidly occurring events. Always made to feel that everything was "under control" and set-ups were done timely and well with helpful suggestions.

Barn was used for dinner and dancing. Worked great and looked beautiful. With about 120 guests, bar, buffet tables, dessert tables, gift table, and table of kid-friendly activity kits, there was still plenty of room for people to mingle and eat in comfort.

After we returned home, I noticed I was missing my diamond heart pin. Called hotel where we stayed, no luck. A few days later I received an email from Lisa asking if anyone lost a heart pin, their cleaning staff had found it. She mailed it to me promptly and declined any reward (still sending something for person who found it and turned it in), but majorly impressed that not only did they track down ownership and mail it to me, but viewed their actions as "of course" and "normal". Don't find that everywhere.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Elise · Married on 04/08/2017

Having our wedding at the Pump House was a dream. Having the ground from Friday to Sunday made everything so much easier and we were able to relax after such stressful planning. Also being able to have our friends and family stay there with us gave us the quality time we needed together. Doug, Marika and Lisa were extremely helpful and lovely people to be around. And the breakfast they make! Oh my goodness it's amazing! So many of our guests loved the venue and kept telling us how beautiful it was. We loved every minute we got to spend there and I wish we could live on the grounds!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Jessica · Married on 06/18/2016

Pump House provided the space for our dream wedding. The historic buildings, enchanted woods, and beautiful rooms provided the backdrop for an incredible day. I loved being able to drop off things early in the week and the ability to set up over several days. We brought a ton of antiques and furniture (not necessary, but I had a vision!) and the staff was completely accommodating. The ability to fully customize our wedding was great--we were able to bring in any vendors we wished. Doug and Marika are so warm and inviting, and the manager, Lisa, is incredible at accommodating requests and relieving stress. My guests can't stop talking about our wedding and many have told me it's the best they've ever attended. The space is so friendly--many places to enjoy your company. We had rehearsal dinner in the studio prepared by our family, got married by the creek in the woods, had lawn games for the cocktail hour and the reception in the brick barn, then moved back to the woods for a bonfire and live band. Breakfast was incredibly good--Doug makes an amazing smoothie and the homemade breads and omelettes were so delicious. This place offers the ultimate wedding weekend.

Sent on 08/05/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/05/2016

The pump house B & B is a beautiful venue and the owners are so kind and will help with everything!

Sent on 06/19/2016

B · Married on 05/22/2016

If it is the type of venue you are looking for, you will fall in love with it the moment you open your car door. Doug was very helpful throughout the whole cross-country wedding planning we had to do. Our daughter and son-in-law didn't get to see the venue in person until 5 days before the wedding. It was a Sunday afternoon wedding so time is a factor, but they are very accommodating in helping you get in as soon as possible and assisting you with whatever you need. We did stay overnight in the guest house and had a delicious breakfast on the back porch and beautiful and comfortable rooms to stay in. It was just a beautiful setting for the wedding. Thank you.

Sent on 06/17/2016

Pump House Weddings and B&B's reply:

B ~ Thank you for your kind words. The pleasure was all ours.
    The Pump House Staff

Holli · Married on 05/14/2016

Can't say enough good things about Doug and crew at the Pumphouse. The flexibility they offer in things like overnight guests, rehearsal dinners, and vendors, is hard to find elsewhere. The pumphouse itself is uniquely gorgeous and requires little decorations, guests commented how it was unlike anything they've seen before. The weather was iffy on our day, Doug was one standby for our last minute decision to be outside or not, which luckily we were able to do. Choosing this venue was one of the easiest decisions of my wedding planning. You won't regret it! My only suggestion: The Manifold house, which we used as our bridal suite, had terrible lighting for hair and makeup, particularly on our cloudy day.

Sent on 12/09/2016

Katie · Married on 04/02/2016

My husband and I got married there on April 2nd. Everyone had a fantastic time and cannot stop raving about it! The grounds, ceremony space, and brick barn are beautiful and the prefect rustic setting for our big day. Doug, Marika, and April were very helpful throughout the planning process and the day of. My husband and I stayed over in the cabin, and we enjoyed a delicious breakfast prepared by Doug the next morning. It was a perfect ending to a perfect day.

Sent on 04/14/2016
  • Valerie

Valerie · Married on 07/12/2014

Antique brick building wedding Hall wonderfully rustic. Huge amount of shady beautiful outdoor space bordering the Catawissa creek complete with use of fire pit, ping pong table, and foosball table. The option to rent lodging with I believe eight beds. We had sixteen people stay comfortably. You also get the space from Friday to Sunday which is a huge stress reliever. How nice is it to have your friends and family with you your entire wedding weekend? Very!! There is another smaller air conditioned hall on site which the owner very graciously gave us use of. The Pump House building is not air conditioned so after dinner guests either retreated to the outdoors or the air conditioned Celebration Space. I would not let the lack of air conditioning in the big hall (Pump House) sway you as even though dinner was warm all of the other features of the property more then make up for it. Because we had the space from Friday until Sunday our stress level was reduced considerably. We had our rehearsal dinner in the Celebration Space after we set up the hall for the wedding. The owner Doug is available and is very willing to help in any way to make you wedding stress free. When you rent the bed and breakfasts you get a breakfast that is abundant and delicious. Doug's omelets beat any I have had, even in those fancy resorts. There is a beautiful alter set up overlooking the creek that many use to get married on site. We married in the church but used the alter for our photos. I cannot tell you how many of my guests commented that ours was the best wedding they ever attended due to the beautiful unique space and relaxed atmosphere. Where else can you sit around a campfire after your wedding? We did and it was just so very relaxing. I suspect that we got lucky in getting this space because as word gets out about this gem, availability will be sparse. I could not be happier about my experience with the Pump House bed and breakfast and could rave for hours but I am out of spac

Sent on 07/24/2014

Breanne · Married on 10/09/2016

When I first let people know that we would be having our wedding in a barn, it was met with a bit of reluctance. But all of my guests were raving about the venue on the day of. The Pump House is a beautifully intimate venue that lets you experience the beauty of nature and the beautiful craftsmanship that runs through the venue. Doug and Marika were absolutely wonderful hosts and helped our older guests get to the ceremony site via golf carts. They also prepared an amazing breakfast the next day that our guests were so happy with! If you want a venue that's a little different and truly memorable, I would highly recommend the Pump House.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Judy · Married on 06/07/2014

This is the perfect venue for your wedding in the woods! Seriously, it's like a perfect retreat oasis. Doug is great to work with and he is open to nearly all ideas. Your wedding doesn't have to be cookie cutter with just a change of accent colors like some other area venues. You also get to pick your own caterer and other vendors, giving you much more flexibility. Our wedding party stayed overnight at the B&B too and we even had a few wedding guests join us while camping. It made for a perfectly intimate after hours campfire complete with s'mores. Even our photographers commented they wish they could get remarried so they could get married at the Pump House. Doug now offers 2 different reception halls. The smaller one does have AC, but you won't notice it much with the servers coming in and out of the doors. The second hall looks stunning, but currently you have to go to the other building to use the bathroom. There is some wifi service in the B&B, but it's not a strong signal. And there is only the occasional 1 bar for your cell phone. Those are just some FYI points, but I doubt you're guests would really mind. We loved that our guest weren't on their phones the whole time and got to enjoy the whole party. If you are considering the Pump House, I highly suggest you book early so you don't miss out.

Sent on 06/11/2014

Rachel · Married on 09/26/2015

Having my wedding at the Pump House was one of the best decisions I made in planning my wedding. It was perfect for my husband and me. We were able to get married in the woods but still have a beautiful, indoor reception. I loved having the whole day before the ceremony to set up- made Saturday morning extremely relaxed, especially after our delicious, homemade breakfast. The b&b rooms are gorgeous and we could use them as we, the couple, saw fit. I loved how many options I had with this venue- multiple ceremony spots to choose from, two structures for reception, a lot of amazingly well maintained outdoor space. We were able to have cocktail hour in a separate location from the reception, lawn games, and a campfire going all night. I had multiple people tell me it was the most beautiful and unique wedding venue they had ever seen.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Sarah · Married on 07/04/2015

The Pump House B&B was the perfect location for our wedding. We had looked all over central PA for an outdoor venue that was tucked away in the woods, away from noise and traffic. The owners were a pleasure to work with--very responsive to emails, patient and accommodating. We had many guests flying in from all over the US and they were able to stay in the B&B with us, making it a comfortable and relaxing weekend for them.

Sent on 08/11/2015