Prospect House Reviews

Rating 4.9 out of 5, 19 Reviews
View more information

• Sandra
    Sandra Married on 06/12/2020

Modern, cool, classic - great service

When my daughter got engaged last November, we looked at about 8 venues in the greater Austin area. None of the other venues we toured had "it" - that wow factor she was looking for.

When we came to Prospect House, she (and I) knew before we even walked in the door that it would be perfect. Prospect is simple, modern and uses all of the natural beauty and light to its best advantage. Prospect provides nice chairs, tables (rounds and rectangles) and a built in bar. The outdoor space is amazing, and the whole venue is a perfect backdrop for any type of decor. It's one of those places where it's even more striking in person than in the photos.

All of the other vendors we lined up (photographer, videographer, catering, floral, wedding planner, DJ) raved about how Prospect House is one of their favorite venues. The owners were very intentional and thoughtful to create a place that worked ideally for customers and vendors.

However, with Covid, we were not able to hold the wedding as planned. Even so, Prospect's owners, Kathryn and Erich, were wonderful to work with and very understanding and flexible throughout the whole situation.

I highly recommend Prospect House - it's a beautiful venue with great service the whole way through.
  • Becca
    Becca S. Married on 02/15/2020

I love Prospect House!

I love Prospect House! It is such a fabulous venue in hill country Texas and Kathryn and Erich are a delight to work with. The space itself is beautiful, modern, and minimalist. I love that the space operates as a blank slate that you can do anything with, but also that you do not have to go over the top to transform the space because of the beauty in its design and clean lines. From our first venue tour to the venue walkthrough, rehearsal, and wedding day, we had wonderful experiences working with Erich and Kathryn. They are attentive, communicative, great at providing recommendations, and overall so helpful and flexible. The ceremony frame, bud wall and weather vane are just a few of my favorite elements of the space. Not to mention that the flow of the event from the outdoor ceremony to cocktail hour in the breezeway to the reception and party in the main hall works so well. I feel so lucky that we were able to get married at Prospect House and would absolutely recommend it!
  • Reagan
    Reagan B. Married on 10/25/2019

Best in Texas

Prospect house has been my dream venue since it opened! Eric (owner) is so incredibly nice and maintains his property like it’s his home. The bridal room is gorgeous and has plenty of space for a big bridal party. The ceremony area is so unique compared to your traditional venue. With the large field as the backdrop it will make you feel as if you’re out in the heart of the county but is only a short commute from Austin. Love love love this venue and I will recommend it to EVERYONE!
    Jennifer Married on 05/10/2019

Simple & Elegant

We had our wedding at Prospect House in May, and it was absolutely perfect. We had been to so many venues and when I walked into Prospect House I knew it was the one. Something about it is so unique, and elegant. You can really turn the space into what you need and to fit most styles.
  • Audrey
    Audrey Married on 05/03/2019

Perfect Minimalist & Modern Venue

The moment we visited Prospect House, we knew we wanted to have our wedding at this venue. As a 'blank canvas' of sorts, it was the perfect size for our mid-sized gathering (~120 people), and it really fit our minimalist style, giving us the opportunity to decorate only what we wanted to, within our allotted budget. And Erich and Kathryn were absolutely amazing to work with throughout the entire process! They answered all of our (many) questions up front, allowed us to visit the venue multiple times, and were so flexible in how we decorated and used the space.

I also want to note that with Texas’ unpredictable storm patterns, the fact that Prospect House has both indoor and outdoor ceremony spaces is such a stress-reliever. On the day of our wedding, we were caught off-guard by a lot of morning and afternoon sun (as we were expecting rain storms). While many vendors require setup details to be finalized within 24 hours of the ceremony, Erich's team gave us ample time to decide whether to setup the indoor or outdoor ceremony space on the day of our wedding. Within a few hours of the ceremony, we ultimately decided indoor would be safer, and the well-known bud vase wall served as a gorgeous backdrop for our nuptials. And good thing - because the rains and all the thunder came right before we said our "I Do's"!
  • Lyn
    Lyn Married on 09/30/2018

Minimal, Modern, Natural

Just had our event at this fabulous venue on Oct 23, 2020. A light and bright, modern and minimal, indoor/outdoor, well-designed and user-friendly space. Five guest bathrooms, well-appointed bridal and groomsmen's ready rooms, a welcoming breezeway with built-in bar to welcome your guests, adequate parking, and a large kitchen and back entrance for vendors, kept things running smoothly. Ceremony space, bar space and banquet hall are separate spaces but flow nicely together in a way that serves guests wanting to get away from the band's volume or step into a space that is cooler or warmer. The bride and groom (and all of us) were very pleased with our event. Can't wait to get our pictures and appreciate the beauty of the setting as it serves as a backdrop for the bridal party. 100% recommend.
    Gabriella Married on 06/09/2018
    My husband and I couldn't imagine our wedding any where else. The moment we walked into Prospect House we were in love. As soon as I walked outside to the ceremony space I knew we had to have our reception at Prospect House. It was exactly what we wanted...a modern venue with beautiful surroundings. The only negative was that with our wedding of 134 guests the dining room did get hot. My day of coordinator did tell me the air was on as low as it could go. Her back up plan included bringing out several floor fans to help circulate the air. That helped a little. Overall our guests were having so much fun dancing and hanging out in the breezeway with the typewriter poet and Photo Booth that in the end no one really noticed the A/C problem. Everyone just wanted to keep the party going. I recommend this beautiful gem to everyone!
    Elyse Married on 05/25/2018
    This venue is unbelievable beautiful and is a dream for creative brides with a vision! The venue owners are amazing people. They let me come see the venue whenever (which was so helpful because I was from out of town at the time) and were so communicative. They give you so much freedom when it comes to your vision. A lot of venues have a ton of rules when it comes to vendors, but they were so accommodating. The prospect house is basically a blank canvas and you get to make it your own. The sky is the limit.
  • Jazmin
    Jazmin Married on 04/07/2018

Prospect House is GORGEOUS!

This venue is absolutely beautiful. I love the modern features and the fact that it has everything you need to throw a kick ass party. The place is beautifully decorated and the owners are a joy to work with. Can't recommend them enough!
    Roxanne Married on 09/03/2017
    Erich and his wife are so friendly and accommodating! The price is worth the service, view, and architecture!
    Natalie Married on 09/02/2017
    Prospect House is gorgeous! The moment we walked in to take the tour I knew this was the place we were going to get married. Our pictures turned out beautifully and we received so many compliments from our guests (and vendors)! Erich and Kathryn are the best to work with and make the whole process simple and enjoyable. Thank you both!
    Hannah Married on 02/11/2017
    Erich is extremely easy to work with and incredibly responsive. He was so accommodating throughout the process and answered all of my hundreds of questions. The venue is absolutely stunning and so unique. A modern gem in the hill country with the coolest details. You can leave it bare or make it your own - either way is sure to be beautiful. Could not have asked for better people to work with or a better venue to have my wedding. Worth every penny.
  • F
    Frani Married on 09/03/2016
    Our wedding at the Prospect House was amazing. The space is absolutely breathtaking and the outdoor ceremony space is what wedding dreams are made of. The space is striking and beautiful and can exist on its own without much decor... but unique florals and a few small details can make MAGIC happen. Beyond the most beautiful wedding ever, The Prospect House is flexible, easy to work with, transparent, and the owners are SUPER nice. They make wedding planning a breeze and they are responsive, available, and accommodating. Seriously, can not recommend The Prospect House enough.
    Lauren Married on 06/25/2016
    My wife and I booked with Prospect House just as construction was getting started. As soon as we saw the renderings of the venue, we immediately knew that this was where we wanted to get married. It's a super trendy, modern barn setting unlike anything I've ever seen. This was the first venue I viewed before browsing around at the other Dripping Springs locations and later out in Napa Valley. Prospect House outshined them all without even being completely built!

To be honest, I actually booked this venue before my wife even had a chance to see it. A month after saying our I do's, she still reminds me how perfect the choice was. All of our of guests loved the portrait frame in the ceremony space and the floral decorations we had on the decoration wall. The venue space really speaks for itself with the modern and industrial architecture. You could decorate with as much or as little as you want and the space still looks gorgeous. The layout of the venue is absolutely perfect for weddings because the breezeway is so easily accessible from the ceremony space and the reception hall. The transition from the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, to the reception was absolutely seamless. The owners, Kathryn and Erich, were amazing to work with. With our constant barrage of random questions, they answered each as if it was our first. They were both easily accessible on all days throughout the week and were very responsive. We can't thank them enough for their support during our planning stages. We're just so grateful that they made their vision of an event space into a reality because the venue ended up being the perfect setting for our style.
    Lindsay Married on 05/15/2016
    I LOVE PROSPECT HOUSE! I hope I know more people who get married here in the future so I can keep coming back to this gorgeous venue. We toured this venue when it wasn't completely finished, but I knew it would be amazing and it definitely is. I'm so happy we got married there. Kathryn and Erich are amazing and so helpful throughout the process - great people to work with! The venue itself is kind of like... Texas dance hall meets art gallery? The space is so simple and beautiful and you can do so so many different things with it. We had a lot of fun decorating the space for the day (I DIY'ed nearly everything) and it turned out great! I'm so glad a space like Prospect House exists among the sea of shabby chic and country western in the Hill Country, and just in time to get married there!
  • User2478507 2+ years ago
    The Prospect House is by far the most beautifully designed venue in all of Texas. Best of all the owners Erich and Kathryn were incredible to work with! They responded quickly to every single email & allowed for multiple visits out to the venue. The venue itself is filled with meticulous, modern features that make the building so unique and beautiful!
  • User2188119 2+ years ago
    STUNNING! If you like modern architecture do not look anywhere else. We feel in love with this venue and the owners (Erich and Kathryn) immediately. They were so gracious, accommodating, and truly cared that our daughter's wedding was perfect. It is rare to find a venue that is so well designed. Our daughter wanted an outdoor wedding and there is NOT a more beautiful setting. However, knowing we had a covered space option (breezeway) available for the ceremony if the weather did not cooperate made the week prior to our wedding stress free. The wedding photos are breathtaking....in large part to this amazing venue. The Prospect House is a magnificent venue to say "I Do"
    Jennifer Married on 11/07/2015
    Booked our Nov 7 wedding here long before the construction was done but had the most pleasant time working with Erich! Guests loved everything about the venue and despite morning rain and a coldfront we were able to do our ceremony outdoors. This venue was built to be a wedding venue first (not a church/barn/hall) and so many thoughtful amenities are built in. Photos of our décor and fun are on Instagram at #beallsaxtonmerger
    Rikki Married on 06/02/2018
    We looooved getting married at Prospect House! As many have pointed out, there's really nothing else like it in the area. The space is incredible and our wedding was so fun. Kathryn and Erich were really easy to work with and were super responsive to our many, many questions during the planning process. A few things to note:
    -We got married on a very hot day in early June and the AC in the reception hall was not great. We specifically chose a venue with an indoor reception area to keep guests cool and it was pretty warm the whole evening.
    -There were a few things wrong when we arrived (no soap in the bathrooms, clogged sink in the larger getting ready room) and there didn't seem to be anyone to direct our questions to onsite. There is also no dumpster onsite so make sure your caterer (or someone else) is able to haul off trash.
    -There were wasps all around the outdoor ceremony area and we couldn't go into the field for pictures because of rattle snakes! The perils of a partially outdoor venue outside the city in the summertime, but just something to consider when you're picking your wedding date.
    None of these things are the end of the world, but considering the amount you pay for the venue I thought they were worth mentioning. But really, there's nowhere else I could imagine getting married. It is so gorgeous and they've put a lot of thought into how to make the space work for events of many sizes.