61 Reviews for Powder Me Pretty

On-Site Hair (2)
Wedding Party Makeup (2)
Licensed (1)
60 Powder Me Pretty Reviews

Joanna and Nicole were awesome! Professional, answered questions I had in a timely manner, and fun to talk to during the trials and day of!

I knocked one star off due to two small issues I had. I mentioned in both of my trials that I did want to opt for the hair extensions. In my email correspondence, my quote was based off of having the hair extensions. I assumed that since I had talked in person and had been quoted in the email for the extensions that it was taken care of. Unfortunately, this was lost in translation and my hair stylist did not have the extensions the day of my wedding. My hair still turned out beautiful, and held up all day! I just wish it had been a little longer.

My second complaint is that I said I needed to be completely done by 2pm for pictures. I was done with hair and makeup between 15-20 minutes late (I did have to get out of the chair to talk to my photographer at the door due to bridesmaids not being dressed yet, which contributed about 3 minutes to the overdue time).

Overall, I say absolutely go with this vender! I do not regret hiring Powder Me Pretty at all, I just wish I had double confirmed we were on the same page.

Photo for Powder Me Pretty Review - It rained all day, and this was during a slight drizzle.
Photo for Powder Me Pretty Review - Despite the rain, everything held up!
View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Lauren, 5/28/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

Joanna was amazing! I did a trial run to make sure I liked the airbrush and colors as I normally don’t wear much makeup. It wasn’t quite right for me but we tried again and it was absolutely PERFECT! So natural looking yet beautiful! She also did my sister in law and my brides. We were soo very pleased. We’re complimented by many.. Thank you Joanna... I would recommend her HIGHLY!!

Profile Picture Tara, 5/25/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Makeup

Joanna is fantastic. She did the makeup for me, two bridesmaids, my mother and mother-in-law for my wedding. I opted to do a trial run before the big day. We met at her studio in Woodfin. After a brief discussion and some vague pictures/ideas, Joanna made me feel red carpet worthy. My makeup was perfect. She suggested a slightly darker lip than I had originally suggested and she was totally right, it was perfect in the photos.
On the day she was on time, friendly, and set up quickly. We had discussed a schedule previously, and she stayed true to the timeline. I was delivered disappointing news while in the chair, immediately after she finished my eyeshadow, and I started to cry. Joanna helped catch the tears, and fixed my face without a complaint, she was very kind. She is definitely someone you want on your team.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 4/21/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

Joanna was so incredible to work with! I generally don't wear a ton of makeup, and I'm always wary of getting it done professionally because I usually end up feeling/looking clown-ish. But after my trial with Joanna, I knew I was in the best hands! I showed her a few pictures for reference and we discussed what I was looking for, and she nailed it! The products and techniques she uses ensure that your makeup will last all day and night. Seriously, I didn't even have to touch up my lip color once! For someone that doesn't think to check what I look like throughout the day, I was amazed that my makeup was still perfect when I got home at the end of a long night of celebrating (eating, drinking, dancing, etc). Joanna is a true artist, and I am so grateful I was able to work with her to create my perfect wedding look!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/8/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Joanna was such a pleasure to work with. Every bridesmaid was beautiful and beaming! I would highly recommend Powder Me Pretty!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Cynthia, 6/24/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Joanna is a true make-up artist! I felt lovely as a princess on my wedding day. She and I did a make-up trial in her studio in Asheville. I suggest that as a first step since you really see how you look with all the extras. For example, during the make-up trial, this involved me wearing modest false eyelashes on my wedding day, based on Joanna's suggestion that they will make your eyes pop in photos. I was so happy I hired Joanna as she really knows how to artfully do your make-up. I wanted a natural look and she did an amazing job of highlighting my facial features and also using this wonderful lipstick that will not come off after eating or drinking. I looked wonderful and never had to reapply my lipstick from early in the day. The lipstick is called lipsense and I'm going to buy it from her for future use. Since I was getting married in a town near Asheville, but I don't live there, Joanna was very accommodating about how to arrange the make-up trial day when it fit my schedule. Thank you for your professionalism!!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/11/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I absolutely loved my wedding makeup! Joanna did such an amazing job and my makeup did not budge the entire day. The airbrush makeup is a must and she even recommended a lipstick that would not transfer to my husband when he kissed the bride. Joanna was a pleasure to work with and arrived exactly on time! I cannot recommend Powder Me Pretty enough! Thank you again for such a wonderful experience!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Makeup

I loved working with Powder Me Pretty! Kella was able to do a perfect job on the hair and airbrush makeup for my mom and myself on my wedding day! She was very professional and accommodating! I would highly recommend Joanna and Kella to anyone looking for hair and make-up in the Asheville area!

Profile Picture Amy, 4/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

Joanna was absolute perfection for my wedding day makeup! I am NOT a makeup sort of girl, so I was really nervous about looking "not myself" on my wedding day. In just one email of explaining my reservations (I hate lipstick!), she came up with the perfect solutions to make me look my best but natural self for my day. She was such a peaceful and confident presence during the morning, could not have done it without her! Also for all my other non-makeup girls - airbrushing is AMAZING.

Profile Picture User7561297, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup

Joanna is such a sweet person and she gave me perfect make up for my wedding. My makeup lasted all night and everyone gave me compliments on it. I am pretty indecisive and just put all of my trust in Joanna to make me look like me, just better and she succeeded beyond my expectations. I even got a touch up kit which was such a nice touch. She was awesome!

Profile Picture Caroline, 9/18/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Makeup

Joanna was amazing to work with and so sweet! She was super understanding about me tardiness to our trial appointment when my hair dresses caused me to be over an hour late! She really knows her stuff and really took the time to get to know my style (I don't normally even wear makeup - so I didn't want to be overdone) and absolutely NAILED it! I truly have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day and she made that happen!

Profile Picture Shelly, 8/6/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

Joanna with Powder me Pretty made my face look flawless for my bridal portraits and wedding day. My make up was money well spent because Joanna made me look and feel like a million bucks. If you need make up done for any occasion, I highly recommend Powder Me Pretty. Don't skip out on professional wedding day make up!

Profile Picture Kimbrell, 12/19/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Makeup

Powder me Pretty was absolutely the BEST choice I have made when it came to doing my makeup! She made me look and feel like a princess, and even gave me tips on how to take care of my made up face during the night.

Profile Picture Melissa, 12/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Rachel and Hannah were fantastic! My whole bridal party, and the MOB/MOG looked absolutely gorgeous for our wedding. Hannah and I had a consultation a few weeks prior to the wedding and decided afterwards that we would switch up the colors for the day of. The communication was great prior to the wedding and Joanna helped arrange for the girls to have all of the right products to accommodate the various skin colors in my bridal party. I had only ordered falsies for myself and my mom, but thankfully Hannah brought enough for everyone as one of my bridesmaids decided she wanted those while in the makeup chair. The airbrush makeup lasted all evening – through dancing and kissing!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/17/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Licensed, Consultations, Group Services, Makeup

I hired Joanna to do my wedding makeup and a tattoo cover. She did a fantastic job. She was super sweet, laid back, easy to work with. I rarely wear makeup at all so my fiancé and I were both a little concerned I wouldn't look like myself. She kept me looking natural while I still had color and looked great in pictures. I didn't feel like I was wearing a ton of makeup either. The airbrush was so light. The airbrush completely covered my tattoo as well. I received several comments from people who knew I had a tattoo I was covering on what a great job Joanna did. You couldn't tell at all through the lace and it stayed covered the whole night. Thank you so much Joanna!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/11/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I've never felt prettier than I did on my wedding day, thanks in large part to Joanna. From emails and phone calls to my consultation and big day, I knew I was in the best hands possible. If you're looking for airbrush techniques to look flawless, look no further. Cannot recommend Powder Me Pretty enough!

Profile Picture Ryan, 10/10/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I am SOOO glad that Joanna was recommended to me for airbrush makeup, it looked FANTASTIC! She also covered over my spray tan on my hands so it looked natural AND covered over the rosecea on my chest so I looked perfect!

Profile Picture Aimee, 9/26/15, 1 Review
3.9

Joanna did an awesome job! My wedding was outside in the summer in August in NC so I was concerned about how well the makeup would hold up. I didn't. See a single touch up all night, even the lipstick. Everyone still mentions how great it looked! And the touch bag she provides is great...I still use the color she used on my lips and love the reminder of it being my wedding makeup!

Profile Picture User6226341, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Makeup, Airbrush Makeup

Powder Me Pretty did an AMAZING job on both my bridesmaids and my makeup! They made my skin look flawless and my makeup lasted all night. Joanna is super sweet and great to work with.

Profile Picture User4371235, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Joanna at Powder Me Pretty was a blessing for me on my wedding day! She took care of all the stress acne I had due to wedding planning and made it all go away with her amazing airbrush skills. She made me feel SO beautiful and she was so easy to talk to. I will be going back for more events in the future and I will be sharing her with friends!

Profile Picture kelsey, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Makeup

I can't recommend Powder Me Pretty any more highly! She made me feel so special and beautiful on my wedding day, and I genuinely enjoyed getting to know her! She was responsive to emails, flexible in planning, and patient with my perfectionist quirks about makeup :)

She is a true professional, and you'll see it in her products as well as service. You'll be happy you chose her for your big day!

Profile Picture Jenette, 5/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Oh, Joanna is a magician. I have never been mistaken for having flawless skin, but Joanna works wonders with her powder and airbrush. I am not someone who puts much effort into my makeup routine, and tend to stick to my brands and do "the usual." Joanna fearlessly navigated my resistance and found the perfect picture-ready but not fake looking look for my engagement pictures (my trial run) and my wedding day. She is so sweet, so nice to talk to, and so, so talented. THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 3/27/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I absolutely LOVED my makeup for my wedding!! Joanna's assistant was my makeup artist and she did a phenomenal job. They used the airbrush foundation and my face looked flawless! I have never felt more beautiful and got so many compliments! I wish she could do my makeup like that every day : )

I would HIGHLY recommend using Powder Me Pretty, you will love it!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 11/1/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Joanna did a wonderful job on my makeup for my wedding day! She listened to what kind of a look I was going for and delivered! Her setup at my bridal cabin was amazing. She is completely professional and is great at her job! I would recommend her to any bride :)

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Powder Me Pretty is amazing! Joanna was great not only in the makeup service she provided, but in the way she handles her business. She is on top of things and can make things happen. We all know when planning big events, things come up and seem like they could go awry, but Joanna does whatever she needs to do to not only get the job done, but do it right! She clearly has done this for a long time and really knows what she is doing. She made everyone look their best without being overdone and was prepared with every option. Needless to say, her services are worth every penny because we all looked amazing in all the pictures, all night! Thank you Powder Me Pretty!!!

Profile Picture teddy, 10/11/14, 2 Reviews