60 Reviews for Popolo Catering

House Wine (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
60 Popolo Catering Reviews

Monica was the best to work with. From the day my wife and I walked in she took great care of us. She was very accommodating and went above and beyond to make our catering experience perfect. From the setting up of the menu to the folding of the napkins. If we had to do it again, Popolo would be the choice. Also Aaron and the staff were great to work with, Professional and very thorough. If you need a Caterer you can count on, Call Monica at Popolo :)

Profile Picture Joe, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Limited Bar, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Italian, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations

First off I have to say Kat & Leon are amazing people! And there food was phenomenal! When we met them for our tasting, we loved their energy & passion and we knew we had found our caterer. For our dinner menu we chose roasted chicken, tri tip with salsa, garlic mashed potatoes, sautéed veggies, tossed green salad with rosemary balsamic, and focaccia bread. Our guests absolutely loved the food and went back for seconds. We also had tray passed appetizers: bruschetta & sausage stuffed mushrooms. We can’t thank our day of team enough for having everything run smoothly. We coordinated with Popolo for a bartender, beverage station, & dinnerware/flatware/drinkware. We had our rehearsal dinner catered by them too. We had a taco bar and it was perfect for our casual, backyard dinner & drinks. You can’t go wrong with Popolo catering your wedding. They are professional, affordable, quality, & a real family operation. I highly recommended all brides and grooms having full confidence hiring Popolo to cater your first meal as husband and wife!

Profile Picture Taylor, 6/16/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, BBQ, Italian, Local, Mediterranean, Mexican, Sandwiches, Gluten Free, Kosher, Lactose Free, No Pork, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings

Popolo was by far the easiest vendor to work with during wedding planning. As soon as we met with Kat and Leon, we instantly knew that they would be a perfect fit for our catering, rental, and bartending needs. They, along with the whole staff, were such a joy to work with, responded quickly, ALWAYS updated our contract each time something had changed, and made us feel like family! Most importantly, the food was amazing! Our guests could not stop talking about how much they enjoyed the meal. I would recommend Popolo over and over again and we are so happy that we chose them for our special day!

Profile Picture Hannah, 6/9/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Tastings, Italian, Clean Up, Set Up, Bartender(s), Gluten Free

I started planning a California wedding before moving to Texas. It was extremely important that we have responsive vendors and a team that was able to provide a variety of services to limit the amount of vendors we had. Popolo's was perfect! We were able to get almost all our needs met, with affordability. Best of all, we got tons of compliments on the food. I was quite overwhelmed with all the contracts and planning, that I was confused with all that Popolo's was providing. Thank goodness the team was super helpful and accommodating!

Profile Picture Julyanna, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Popolo was the perfect match for us. Kat, Leon, and Monica were so warm and welcoming when we came out for a tasting. They were incredibly thoughtful and were such great listeners when we brainstormed for the menu. Our potato taquitos and our bacon wrapped jalapeños stuffed with dates and goat cheese were to die for! We kept shoving them in our mouths when we were waiting to be announced at our cocktail party! Everyone loved the carnitas we did for our taco bar as well. We would strongly recommend Popolo to anyone looking for a wonderful team who really deliver on deliciousness as well as customer service!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Leon, Monica, and the rest of his awesome team helped to make our special day SO memorable, and not too mention delicious. Thank you so much guys! I'd highly recommend y'all to my bride/groom friends.

Jessica (& Brian)

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/28/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had an amazing tasting and knew this was the perfect caterer for us!!! They made exactly what we wanted and we loved it all!!!

Profile Picture Jimmy and Ryan , 4/14/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Wonderful team! Monica and Leon were both extremely helpful and wonderful to work with. Both our tasting and wedding meal was absolutely delicious! We received lots of compliments from our guests on how good the food was!

Profile Picture Chelsey, 3/10/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Monica and Leon were amazing. They were such a blast to work with and made our day go very smoothly. The food also turned out well and they even catered our rehearsal dinner with a taco bar which was a big hit with our friends and family. I loved that they've worked at our venue before and that they knew how the day would play out. They were also great at helping us book/order anything we needed and made recommendations for anything they couldn't do. It was a pleasure working with them. I can't thank them enough.

Profile Picture Bradley, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Vegetarian, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), American, Italian, Mexican

Some of the best food I have ever tasted.

Profile Picture Jon, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, American

Leon & his wife ARE AMAZING!! We loved working with them. They literally SAVED OUR WEDDING DAY! The other reviews were spot on - EXCELLENT FOOD & CUSTOMER SERVICE (which are 2 extremely important parts of any party / wedding). Leon & his staff are such sweet hearts & they all know the ins and outs of all wedding preparation.

Communication was a breeze and they always responded promptly. When I had some major problems with my venue (Pear Valley Vineyard in Paso Robles), Leon and his team stepped up to the plate and went out of their way to make sure everything still went according to plan. They went ABOVE AND BEYOND anything I could have ever dreamed of having in a catering staff. They are both PROFESSIONAL, KIND, CONSIDERATE, AFFORDABLE & TALENTED! Look no further, BOOK THEM NOW!! There isn't a better team or better value out there (WITH RENTALS, STAFF, FOOD W/PASSED APPS ETC = $30-35 PP (CRAZY GOOD FOR EVERYTHING YOU GET PLUS A+++++ SERVICE!!)

Profile Picture Marlina, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Local, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

Popolo Catering was amazing at our wedding this past month. Abigail and Leon were very helpful during the planning process; from handling all of my revisions immediately to offering helpful suggestions and experience knowledge. Our day-of team was a dream and made sure we were happy at any given moment. We had the tri tip with salsa and chicken and it was seriously the best tri tip and chicken I've ever had. I haven't stopped thinking about it ever since we even had our initial tasting. Our guests made it a point to compliment how awesome they thought the food was. We had Popolo pretty much handle the most we could, from all the rentals, bar service, toast service, and desserts. They offer so many services and options; I'd recommend taking advantage of that. Popolo also catered our brunch the morning after the wedding and the food was phenomenal.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast

Who you choose as a wedding caterer is arguably one of the most important decisions you'll make as your planning your wedding, but you can't go wrong if you go with Popolo! From the first time we met with Leon the owner and Abby (event manager) we knew we were in great hands. We got several quotes and went to a couple of tastings from various other caterers, but no one was able to match both the value and quality of Popolo. Throughout the process, I had tons of questions for Abby/Leon and they both were always super responsive, which made working with them a dream. Both Leon and Abby made sure that all our needs were met. On the day of, the day went smoothly because they took care of set up, catering and breakdown and even bartending! The service and the food (Santa Maria style BBQ) were great and everyone was happy! I'd most definitely recommend Popolo to anyone!

Profile Picture Lorena, 8/19/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Vegetarian, American

The food and service from Popolo's was excellent. They performed their job efficiently and were very professional in every aspect from planning to actual execution of the dinner and service. The dinner and dessert bar were delicious. I would recommend Popolo's to anyone looking for a caterer in the San Luis Obispo area.

Profile Picture Lori, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Popolo Catering is the greatest catering company hands down. Leon and Abby were such joys to work with, and they made my husband and I feel like their most important priority with the way the handled food for our wedding day. They were so communicative, helpful, and professional throughout the entire wedding planning process, which I really appreciated. The food was outstanding. My guests were raving about the quality of the food, and not a single guest left hungry, which was my goal!! I have only amazing things to say about Popolo and the services they provide. It was an honor to have them cater my wedding!

Profile Picture Camille, 6/25/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Tastings, Italian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

From the minute we met with Leon, Kat & staff over the top customer service. Very dependable, knowledgeable in the industry with lots of resources if needed. Customer Service First Class all the way. Not to mention the food, dessert bar & service was superb. Popolo will forever be connected to our family ! Thank you for the wonderful job at our daughters wedding !

Profile Picture Sabrina , 5/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We hired Popolo to help us create a backyard BBQ feel to our wedding. They were very flexible throughout the entire process. We had to make several changes to guest count and services we wanted. They even called me a week before the wedding to make sure everything was coming together smoothly, let me know that rain was in the forecast and helped me with a Plan B in case it did rain. An amazing company.

Profile Picture Jenni, 3/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

What we wanted: a taco bar buffet and highest quality service of course.

What we got: the most delicious tacos, beans, salsa, and even salad. It was so tasty that even our grandparents commented on how good it was and they are used to wedding food being a bit more traditional. They served our guests at the buffet with smiles, they setup the buffet and tore it down so seamlessly that I didn't even notice. They were able to facilitate the celebration without getting in its way.

Overall, loved them and would recommend them to anyone looking for a solid catering service for their wedding.
Side note; they also rent plates, glassware, utensils, napkins, etc, and for decent prices too.

Profile Picture Christopher, 2/18/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Mexican, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Quality, experience, professionalism and of course GOOOD FOOD! Leon and the rest of the team at Popolo Catering did an amazing job at our wedding last month. We are so happy to have worked with them. The food was delicious and the entire staff was helpful and friendly. We choose buffet style serving and requested the bartender service. I know my guest, and was a little worried the bartender may get overwhelmed at some point in the night, but he was on his game all night and did a fantastic job! Thank you Popolo Catering for a perfect night!

Profile Picture Michele, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our guests raved about the food from our wedding this summer! it was great! Popolo was also one of the only caterers in the SLO area that was willing to serve the dinner "family style" like we wanted at our reception. They did a great job, thank you!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/30/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Popolo's was very responsive and flexible to our catering needs. The quality of the food was very good and prices were reasonable.

Profile Picture Lynn, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Popolo catering did an amazing job for our wedding! Leon and Abby were both extremely professional and responsive to my inquiries. The service and food the day of the wedding was great as well. Our guests are still raving about how good the tri-tip and food was! The prices they offer are very reasonable as well for this area. I would highly recommend Popolo to any bride!

Profile Picture Courtney, 6/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Leon and Abbie were the best - very professional and flexible throughout the entire process. Popolo's served fajitas at our wedding and it was delicious! We would recommend using them for any catered event. -Mitch & Michelle

Profile Picture Mitch , 5/22/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Buffet, Mexican

Leon, Abbie and the team at Popolo were amazing! They were professional and were extremely easy to work with. We loved the food and they made sure that we were well fed and taken care of. Our guests were surprised and delighted at the amount of food they were given! Not only the amount, but how good it was too!!!! Thank you Popolo. - Liz and Lucas

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/30/16, 6 Reviews