51 Reviews for Popolo Catering

House Beer (1)
House Wine (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
51 Popolo Catering Reviews

Monica and Leon were amazing. They were such a blast to work with and made our day go very smoothly. The food also turned out well and they even catered our rehearsal dinner with a taco bar which was a big hit with our friends and family. I loved that they've worked at our venue before and that they knew how the day would play out. They were also great at helping us book/order anything we needed and made recommendations for anything they couldn't do. It was a pleasure working with them. I can't thank them enough.

Profile Picture Bradley, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Vegetarian, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), American, Italian, Mexican

Some of the best food I have ever tasted.

Profile Picture Jon, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, American

Leon & his wife ARE AMAZING!! We loved working with them. They literally SAVED OUR WEDDING DAY! The other reviews were spot on - EXCELLENT FOOD & CUSTOMER SERVICE (which are 2 extremely important parts of any party / wedding). Leon & his staff are such sweet hearts & they all know the ins and outs of all wedding preparation.

Communication was a breeze and they always responded promptly. When I had some major problems with my venue (Pear Valley Vineyard in Paso Robles), Leon and his team stepped up to the plate and went out of their way to make sure everything still went according to plan. They went ABOVE AND BEYOND anything I could have ever dreamed of having in a catering staff. They are both PROFESSIONAL, KIND, CONSIDERATE, AFFORDABLE & TALENTED! Look no further, BOOK THEM NOW!! There isn't a better team or better value out there (WITH RENTALS, STAFF, FOOD W/PASSED APPS ETC = $30-35 PP (CRAZY GOOD FOR EVERYTHING YOU GET PLUS A+++++ SERVICE!!)

Profile Picture Marlina, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Local, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

Popolo Catering was amazing at our wedding this past month. Abigail and Leon were very helpful during the planning process; from handling all of my revisions immediately to offering helpful suggestions and experience knowledge. Our day-of team was a dream and made sure we were happy at any given moment. We had the tri tip with salsa and chicken and it was seriously the best tri tip and chicken I've ever had. I haven't stopped thinking about it ever since we even had our initial tasting. Our guests made it a point to compliment how awesome they thought the food was. We had Popolo pretty much handle the most we could, from all the rentals, bar service, toast service, and desserts. They offer so many services and options; I'd recommend taking advantage of that. Popolo also catered our brunch the morning after the wedding and the food was phenomenal.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast

Who you choose as a wedding caterer is arguably one of the most important decisions you'll make as your planning your wedding, but you can't go wrong if you go with Popolo! From the first time we met with Leon the owner and Abby (event manager) we knew we were in great hands. We got several quotes and went to a couple of tastings from various other caterers, but no one was able to match both the value and quality of Popolo. Throughout the process, I had tons of questions for Abby/Leon and they both were always super responsive, which made working with them a dream. Both Leon and Abby made sure that all our needs were met. On the day of, the day went smoothly because they took care of set up, catering and breakdown and even bartending! The service and the food (Santa Maria style BBQ) were great and everyone was happy! I'd most definitely recommend Popolo to anyone!

Profile Picture Lorena, 8/19/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Vegetarian, American

The food and service from Popolo's was excellent. They performed their job efficiently and were very professional in every aspect from planning to actual execution of the dinner and service. The dinner and dessert bar were delicious. I would recommend Popolo's to anyone looking for a caterer in the San Luis Obispo area.

Profile Picture Lori, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Popolo Catering is the greatest catering company hands down. Leon and Abby were such joys to work with, and they made my husband and I feel like their most important priority with the way the handled food for our wedding day. They were so communicative, helpful, and professional throughout the entire wedding planning process, which I really appreciated. The food was outstanding. My guests were raving about the quality of the food, and not a single guest left hungry, which was my goal!! I have only amazing things to say about Popolo and the services they provide. It was an honor to have them cater my wedding!

Profile Picture Camille, 6/25/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Tastings, Italian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

From the minute we met with Leon, Kat & staff over the top customer service. Very dependable, knowledgeable in the industry with lots of resources if needed. Customer Service First Class all the way. Not to mention the food, dessert bar & service was superb. Popolo will forever be connected to our family ! Thank you for the wonderful job at our daughters wedding !

Profile Picture Sabrina , 5/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We hired Popolo to help us create a backyard BBQ feel to our wedding. They were very flexible throughout the entire process. We had to make several changes to guest count and services we wanted. They even called me a week before the wedding to make sure everything was coming together smoothly, let me know that rain was in the forecast and helped me with a Plan B in case it did rain. An amazing company.

Profile Picture Jenni, 3/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

What we wanted: a taco bar buffet and highest quality service of course.

What we got: the most delicious tacos, beans, salsa, and even salad. It was so tasty that even our grandparents commented on how good it was and they are used to wedding food being a bit more traditional. They served our guests at the buffet with smiles, they setup the buffet and tore it down so seamlessly that I didn't even notice. They were able to facilitate the celebration without getting in its way.

Overall, loved them and would recommend them to anyone looking for a solid catering service for their wedding.
Side note; they also rent plates, glassware, utensils, napkins, etc, and for decent prices too.

Profile Picture Christopher, 2/18/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Mexican, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Quality, experience, professionalism and of course GOOOD FOOD! Leon and the rest of the team at Popolo Catering did an amazing job at our wedding last month. We are so happy to have worked with them. The food was delicious and the entire staff was helpful and friendly. We choose buffet style serving and requested the bartender service. I know my guest, and was a little worried the bartender may get overwhelmed at some point in the night, but he was on his game all night and did a fantastic job! Thank you Popolo Catering for a perfect night!

Profile Picture Michele, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our guests raved about the food from our wedding this summer! it was great! Popolo was also one of the only caterers in the SLO area that was willing to serve the dinner "family style" like we wanted at our reception. They did a great job, thank you!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/30/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Popolo's was very responsive and flexible to our catering needs. The quality of the food was very good and prices were reasonable.

Profile Picture Lynn, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Popolo catering did an amazing job for our wedding! Leon and Abby were both extremely professional and responsive to my inquiries. The service and food the day of the wedding was great as well. Our guests are still raving about how good the tri-tip and food was! The prices they offer are very reasonable as well for this area. I would highly recommend Popolo to any bride!

Profile Picture Courtney, 6/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Leon and Abbie were the best - very professional and flexible throughout the entire process. Popolo's served fajitas at our wedding and it was delicious! We would recommend using them for any catered event. -Mitch & Michelle

Profile Picture Mitch , 5/22/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Buffet, Mexican

Leon, Abbie and the team at Popolo were amazing! They were professional and were extremely easy to work with. We loved the food and they made sure that we were well fed and taken care of. Our guests were surprised and delighted at the amount of food they were given! Not only the amount, but how good it was too!!!! Thank you Popolo. - Liz and Lucas

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/30/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Popolo catering is simply amazing. Leon, Kathleen and Abby as well as the rest of the staff that came out for our wedding are the best. It was family that catered for us that day, not a catering company. Everyone loved the food, the staff, Adam our bartender, and I can not express how much we appreciate everything you did to make our special day perfect! Thank you thank you thank you!

Profile Picture bianca, 11/7/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Champagne Toast, American, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Lactose Free, Vegan

We are so happy about our choice to go with Popolo's for our wedding. I met the owner, Leon, at a bridal show where he was sampling out some delicious tri-tip. We ended up going with the tri-tip, bbq chicken, beans, salad and garlic bread for our menu along with some yummy appetizers and we had so many compliments on the food. I highly recommend Popolo's for any event.

Profile Picture Tanya, 10/3/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres

This was the second wedding that Popolos catered for us. On a scale of 0-5, they were a 10! I can't say enough good things about how professional and efficient the staff was, how delicious the food was or how well they made it all happen. We had to keep adding to the number of guests that were coming and they were so gracious about it. They made everything look easy and effortless. Thank you Popolo Catering! Two of my four daughters still need to get married....so expect a call from us!

Profile Picture Sally, 9/25/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Buffet, Mexican, Champagne Toast

Leon and his staff did a fantastic job for our wedding on September 19th! They followed through in every way and delivered in a very professional manner. Abigail Faber did our day of coordinating (through Popolo) and I HIGHLY recommend to any bride considering to book for both- it is so worth it. She knew all of the catering details as well as the many other vendor details that go a long with a wedding- and the brides:).
Everyone raved about the chicken and potatoes! The staff was on top of everything whether It was pouring the champagne for the toasts or moving the ceremony chairs to the reception.
Both Leon and Abigail were so patient, flexible and accommodating during our entire planning process. Let's face it- planning is STRESSFUL and so many details go into it. They were always more than welcome to us coming in in person to come and talk everything over so we felt better about how everything was going to work. When the day came- it was like a dream! Over a year of planning actually happening and POPOLO helped make it all possible. You won't be disappointed with their level of service, food and professionalism!! Cheers to them!

Profile Picture Adrienne, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Leon Castillo and his crew are hands down the best in the business. Not just in one aspect, but in every bit of small detail you can try to criticize or scrutinize they are AMAZING. Great and easy to work with, beyond friendly staff, an experience that makes you feel like family at the end of it, and not to mention the beyond stellar food. From the Tri Tip to the mashed potatoes every piece of food on that menu is without compare (obviously in a good way!)

If you are having any issues looking for THE BEST catering service on the central coast, look no further than Popolo. Leon will also sit down and help break costs down with you to better understand your wedding budget and how it is proportioned and meet your expectations (an amazing service and chunk of wisdom for us noobies just getting married)

Profile Picture Maxwell, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Leon and Abby were great to work with. Leon is very gracious and has a lot of experience. Abby was on top of everything, making our experience great. We had our reception at Marriott where Popolo's headquarters are. We were able to give our own recipes for the appetizers, and everyone loved them. We also wanted to do an ice cream bar instead of cake, which Popolo easily took care of. The food was excellent! We had the food served buffett style. We (the bride and groom) were late to the reception and dinner, but Popolo didn't sweat (at least we didn't see them sweat). Sadly, we couldn't get seconds since we started dinner late. Popolo worked very well with us and Marriott.

Profile Picture User4692475, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Kosher, No Pork, Vegan, Vegetarian, American, Italian, Mediterranean, Mexican, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Stations

We used Popolo's Catering and Coordination services for our wedding and we could not have been more pleased. The food was great and reasonably priced enough that we could afford some extras, like appetizers and extra sides, that would have been out of reach with other caterers. Their online menu was so convenient for figuring out exactly what food and services we wanted and getting a straightforward quote. They were really flexible and provided a bartender to serve the alcohol we purchased, worked with us when we wanted to buy linens instead of rent them, and they fit flawlessly into our unconventional venue. Abby, Leon and the whole Popolo's team were so professional and friendly and we were so glad to have them to walk us through the process.

We also took advantage of their Day-of-Coordination service, which was a fantastic deal and hands-down the best $500 we spent on our wedding. I was nervous about 'handing over' the wedding to some professional who might not 'get' the vibe we were trying to create, but Abby was so down-to-earth and friendly, she knew exactly what she was doing, and she worked her tail off to make the wedding go smoothly. Our wedding was very DIY, so it was great that we could always call Abby when we needed pro advice on what rentals to order, or how to organize the floorplan, etc. The wedding day threw us a few curveballs (surprise venue construction =rearranging the whole floor plan at the last minute! ) and Abby handled everything with ease- I didn't have to worry about a thing. I almost cried when I walked into the reception and saw how she had made everything look even prettier than my expectations. What can I say? Abby is like a very hip fairy godmother. I will always be grateful to Abby and Popolo's for everything they did to give us the most magical wedding imaginable and create an awesome experience for our guests.

Profile Picture Kristen, 6/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Popolo catered our wedding in Avila Beach this past May. Leon and the rest of the staff were wonderful to work with--everyone we dealt with was super friendly, had great suggestions, and was happy to answer all of our questions. The food at the wedding was delicious and the service was superb. We were so happy we went with Popolo!

Profile Picture Amber, 5/29/15, 5 Reviews