33 Reviews for Plum Tree Studios

Additional Hours (1)
Digital Files (1)
33 Plum Tree Studios Reviews

1.0

In our opinion, Trish was well to work with up until the moment that I (the bride) pointed out to her that my nose had been altered in the pictures that she delivered. I have a bump on my nasal bridge, but that is how my nose has always been, it’s part of who I am, and I did not ask her or anyone from Plum Tree Studios to alter it. When I brought this to her attention, she said she was surprised by my email because she never edits features of people unless asked, but told me she would double check and talk to her assistant. She also stated that she would give me the original of anything that has been altered beyond what is normal.

After she spoke with her assistant, she apologized and accepted full responsibility for their mistake and said this was not intentional or malicious. At the same time that I brought up the Photoshop issue to Trish, my husband and I noticed other things that, in our opinion, went wrong. We brought them to her attention and after considering the amount that we paid for her services and the pictures that she delivered, we requested a 30% partial reimbursement. We believe that this is what caused Trish to become defensive and not give us the originals of the photos she altered. We went back and forth in approximately 20 emails, but long story short, she refused to give a partial refund, but more importantly, she did not give us the originals of the altered photos. She said we would need to sign a conclusion agreement to get the originals of the pictures she altered. This conclusion agreement included a clause that stated that we could not write any review, commentary, criticism regarding the Photographer or Photographer’s services.

We of course did not sign that agreement as we did not want be kept quiet about how Plum Tree Studios altered a permanent feature without consent. We don’t think she will give us the pictures, but we find solace in writing this review and allowing other couples to know what we dealt with.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Yisel, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Additional Hours, Second Shooter, Digital Files

Trish is a godsend, and I mean that. She came recommended to me from my wedding planner, and was absolutely the best thing about our wonderful wedding. From the initial meeting, to the wedding day, to receiving the gorgeous photos, she is everything one would want in a photographer and more.

The package I chose included an engagement session, which turned out so beautifully. On the day of our wedding, Trish and her team were prompt, friendly, and so, so patient with my family. She even helped us figure out the cake cutting, which can be a little bit confusing. The photos she took will be cherished forever, and I treasure the experience of working with her.

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Patricia and her husband Blake are both just wonderful and so very talented! They did my Bridal shoot and my Wedding photography and both times they are a joy to work with. If I had a crazy moment Patricia was right there to calm me down and so sweet. The work they do is stupendous and immaculant! The easiness and quick responses are as stress free as you would want it to be and more. If you want great quality for great prices and excellent customer service go to Plum Tree Studios!

Profile Picture JILLIAN, 3/22/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Trish with Plum Tree Studios was absolutely FANTASTIC to work with! My husband and I also had an engagement shoot with her to get to know Trish before the big day. She is such a pleasure to work with and she completely understood the style that we wanted our wedding to be shot in. From day 1 we have all clicked, and you can really tell in her photography. Every picture has personality and uniqueness, which is exactly how I wanted to remember my wedding day. Thank you so much Trish!

Profile Picture Haley, 10/13/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Trish was more than a photographer for our wedding day, she became a friend that just happened to be taking our picture! She was born to be a photographer and was the greatest decision we made for our wedding! My family loved her and her talent so much that my sister is going to be using her for her own wedding. We love her work and personality so much that we will never have anyone else photograph us!! I can't wait to have babies and take newborn and family photos together!! Many more happy years together!!!! She's worth every penny!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/6/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Patricia and her lighting assistant Jordan were extremely professional and made my wedding photos fun to take. She was very interested in knowing all she could about us two as a couple at our meeting just prior to the wedding. I'm sure our wedding photos will be lovely. I highly reccommend her services for ALL of your photography needs! I look forward to hiring her again in the future.

Profile Picture User2578242, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Patricia Pentecost is a wonderful photographer. We liked her immediately when we met her. She is so calm and professional. She told us what to expect and everything went beautifully, even though it rained! We are confident that she captured some beautiful moments and we can wait to see the proofs! She is very responsive and easy to work with. She and her assistant, Josh, were great. She is very familiar with Rob Cross and Don't Get Married Without Me, our videographer, so they worked very well together. It is nice for your vendors to get along so well! We highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/7/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

There is no better photographer than Patricia! She is one of the sweetest people that I have ever met and I am so glad that we hired her to shoot our wedding. She did our engagement photos last November. We wanted to shoot them on the Texas A&M campus as it was where my husband and I got engaged. Patricia drove all the way to College Station just to give us the perfect shoot. The photos turned out better than we could have ever imagined! She has an incredible eye for detail and she get shots that are fun and unique. Patricia and her assistants were all over the place at our wedding so I know that they were able to capture everything that we wanted. I can't wait to see the photos! After working with Patricia for our wedding, I would definitely hire her again for other photo needs.

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/9/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

In the vast industry of wedding service providers, you will find a refreshing experience in Plum Tree Studios! Patricia prides herself on building a relationship with you while providing a unique eye in her photography. There are many talented photographers in the area to choose from and Plum Tree is right there with the best of them, but it's the personal element of her business that made the difference for us. Patricia always makes time to accomodate your busy schedule, she always responds to your communication within 24 hours. I can't stress that last point enough, when you have 100 things going on at once and you simply want a response to your question, nothing is more frustrating than waiting. Patricia is very dedicated to her business and to your satsifaction. Plum Tree Studios WANTS your business, and they certainly earn it! During our event, numerous family members and friends informed us that Patricia was all over the place, and involved in every little detail. That's wonderful to know, considering on your special day, you won't have time to notice! At the end of the day, this relationship was built through a business transaction, but we feel that we have made a friend, which made it feel like she was a part of our special day, rather than just being on the sidelines. At that point, you know she is capturing moments the way you expect to. For her, it's more about the people than the job, and you can tell she enjoys what she does. For your money, you will be hard pressed to find more value above all the intangibles and fantastic shot quality that Plum Tree Studios offers.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture William, 4/20/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Patricia was very professional, had great ideas, and was more than willing to listen to our ideas. She got to know the bride and groom before the event and than made it so much more comfortable.
We can't wait to see the pictures - I'm sure they will be great!

Profile Picture Nancy, 1/20/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Patricia at Plum Tree Studios was so great to work with. She did our engagement shoot and wedding, and we couldn't be more please with how the photos turned out. She spent so much time with us before each big shoot to really understand what were are like as a couple and what kind of photos would speak to our unique taste. She thorough and professional, but also so fun and friendly!

Profile Picture Deepa, 9/2/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I would highly recommend this company. We are very happy with the quality of Patricia's work.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/16/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Working with Trish has been absolutely fantastic! She takes the time to get to know you and get a sense of who you are to deliver amazing photos of your day. She's so much fun to work with and got our pictures back to us super fast! We're so glad that we found Trish for our day and look forward to working with her again when we're ready for more pictures!

Profile Picture Diana, 12/11/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We loved Patricia!! My bridals turned out BEAUTIFUL and we can't wait to see the pictures from our wedding. The only thing I could have asked was for more direction on the day of the wedding. There was so much going on and I was so scattered, I couldn't focus on ideas for pictures. Patricia was wonderful!!

Profile Picture hillary, 11/20/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Patricia was amazing. She did our wedding pictures and we do not have enough words to express our gratitude and satisfaction. Her personality is very vibrant, and she becomes part of the moment, our moment. But more than that, she was very captivated by our unique wedding, the blend of cultures, the harmony of love between two very different individuals becoming one, and the blend of textures, aromas, colors, flavors and emotions of this once-in-a-lifetime event. Patricia expressed through her impeccable word of art all the emotions in our manifestation of love for one another. Needless to say, her work is an amazing work of art, with very high quality and a unique style, elegant and classy. No need to say she was very punctual and understanding. Her work traveled thousands of miles, from Saigon to California, Texas and Bogota, was reviewed in three languages,and everyone agreed on the beauty of this work of art that will persost in our memories for years to come. Thank you Patricia from the bottom of our hearts.

Profile Picture nicolas, 10/30/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Patricia is so cool :)!! We loved working with her! She had the perfect personality.....fun yet direct , which allowed her to get the job done! She was very calm cool and collected and she had a way of knowing exactly what we wanted! It was a pleasure working with her. We will definitely be using her again maybe for baby pictures :)!! We never felt like she was being intrusive! Thank you Patricia, you were perfect! Can’t wait to see the pics!

UPDATE!!! We got the pictures :)!!!
We just saw the pics and they are more then we could have ever imagined!!! Patricia is so talented!! We are going to cherish these for the rest of our lives and we couldn’t be happier!! If we could give Plum Tree a million stars on here we would!!

Profile Picture Esmeralda, 10/22/10, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

Patricia is absolutely wonderful!!!! After numerous interviews, I hired her on the spot for our wedding last year. Her work is absolutely beautiful and creative. She is easy to work with and makes you feel at ease in front of the camera. She will now be doing our maternity and newborn pictures in the months to come.

Profile Picture Natasha , 10/1/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Trish took our engagement session and she was AWESOME. We also had her for our wedding day and all we can say is WOW! She has an eye for things you wouldn’t imagine. She captured moments we didn’t expect to see. You just have to love her for her skills and talent.
THANK YOU Trish for being part of our special day!

Profile Picture Traci, 1/9/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Patricia is absolutely fabulous! Our engagement pictures were wonderful and our wedding pictures even better! She was quick to respond to e-mails, had great ideas, fun to work with, and you can tell she takes pride in capturing this special day on film. Would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Devon, 10/2/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Patricia is absolutely AMAZING! She truly is a blessing to work with! I cannot express enough how wonderful she was from the very first meeting to the day of the actual wedding. I have had more compliments about her and her work, I feel very honored that so many people enjoyed her and her pictures as much as I have. She has a real gift for photography and a big heart and really makes you feel at ease when you talk to her.I would definitely recommend her to anyone! When you work with someone who is as passionate as Patricia, it is certain that you will have fantastic pictures, I love her photo journalistic style, and I couldn't ask for anything more perfect! She really knows how to take what you envision and capture it with her camera.

Profile Picture Natalie, 6/27/09, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Very easy to work with. Answered any questions I might have had. Responded to emails on the same day. Extremely pleased with how all the photos turned out. Would definitely recommend Plum Tree Studios to a friend.

Profile Picture Christine, 6/13/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Patricia is great. She is professional, warm, and talented. She took both our engagement photos and our wedding photos, all of which turned out great. The day of the wedding, my friends and family all commented on how well she blended in. I found that our planning meetings were always enjoyable, and she has a knack for calming my type-A personality with her knowledge and peaceful spirit. As far as the photographs go - wow! I definitely got bang for my buck. She thoroughly covered the event, got every shot I wanted (and some I didn't know I wanted), and has a wonderful eye for setting. I love going through all the photos because they capture the say perfectly. It's almost like reliving everything, which is the whole point of hiring a photographer. I would recommend Patricia highly, even to someone looking to spend a lot more on photographs. You don't sacrifice quality with her at all, and she's totally willing to work with what you need/want, rather than forcing her vision onto you. Yay Patricia! (It's been two weeks since the wedding, so I'm still pretty excited.)

Profile Picture Kristina, 3/22/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Working with Patricia was such a joy. It was great to have met a photographer that fit well with us, as a couple. She waslike a phantom and got many shots we were not even aware of which was definitely fun. And she was a trooper through the heat and the constricted time. Patricia is a gem and we will definitely be using Plum Tree in the near future!

Profile Picture Shannon, 3/14/09, 1 Review
Category: Photography

An incredible photographer whose artistic style was exactly what we were looking for. The service was both personal and professional and made our wedding photography stress-free. We felt connected to the process at all times and our pictures were fantastic. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture A, 3/14/09, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When it comes to photography, some people just have it, and Patricia with Plumtree Studios definatly has IT and more! She was AMAZING! When I got my wedding photos back, I was so impressed. The only word to describe them was WOW! Several of them looked like they were straight out of the pages of a bridal magazine. As far as price goes, for the quality and service you are getting, you can't beat Plum Tree studios. I interviewed several different photographers before I found Plum Tree Studios. After talking to Patricia for 10 minutes, I hired her on the spot. She is so talented and so sweet. She captured our wedding so beautifully, it was just amazing. I feel so lucky to have found her!

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/25/08, 1 Review