Planned to Perfection of the Bluegrass Reviews

Planned to Perfection of the Bluegrass 5
Planned to Perfection of the Bluegrass 6
Planned to Perfection of the Bluegrass 7

Linda · Married on 05/28/2016

Absolutely fabulous to work with!!! Couldn't have done it without Lindsey!! She made the day before and day of absolutely stress free!!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Kim · Married on 05/07/2016

Betsy was an absolutely amazing wedding planner. My now husband and I live in Washington, DC and decided to get married at Buffalo Trace. We had no contacts in the area so I immediately went searching for someone to help plan our special day. Betsy was by our side for the entire planning journey. With Betsys help, we managed to plan the entire wedding with just one trip to Kentucky. She coordinated phone screens with vendors and made appointments for our top choices while we were in town. She was very organized and helped me keep my sanity while planning a wedding with a very demanding job. The day of Betsy and Lindsey were awesome. She coordinated everything so all we had to do was show up and enjoy the day. When there was an unplanned for delay, she redid the entire timeline for the night on the spot keeping us stress free and the guests clueless anything had gone wrong. When we had a minor issue with another vendor, she stepped in and fixed it immediately. They made sure we had food and drinks throughout the night. They even brought toiletries/freshen up baskets for the bathrooms (which I had completely forgotten). At the end of the night they went so far as to load our car with presents, decorations, etc. so we didn't have to worry about it. We honestly could not have imagined planning a wedding without her by our side.

Sent on 12/26/2016

Jill · Married on 05/07/2016

Betsy was incredible! Our only regret was that we didn't book the full wedding planning package. She went above and beyond what we asked for on all accounts. We could not have been happier! Thank you, Betsy!!

Sent on 06/17/2016

Erin · Married on 12/31/2015

Planned to Perfection was absolutely wonderful. They helped me throughout the entire process making my wedding come to life. Betsy and Lyndsey were knowledgeable and provided great ideas/ suggestions along with contacts that fit my budget. They kept me organized making sure I was following the appropriate timeline for everything. I was beyond thankful for them the day of the wedding! They were so amazing, and my wedding wouldn't have been what it was without them! I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 01/21/2016

We used Planned Perfection of the Bluegrass as more of a day-of coordinator. We could not have been more happy. Lyndsey answered every e-mail quickly and gave me the amount of direction I needed. I left a lot of the smaller details up to her and she did a wonderful job. Even though it rained all day and we ended up having to have our ceremony inside our guests said that they never would have known it was our back-up plan because everything was so perfect. We would definitely recommend their services to any couple!

Sent on 01/05/2016
  • VWCat

Elizabeth · Married on 10/10/2015

My number one advice for planning a wedding having just finished planning a wedding? Hire a day of wedding coordinator. Do not think that you or your friend can manage the day of coordination. A day of coordinator is a life saver. They'll make sure that your only concern on your wedding day is getting married.

My number one advice for Kentucky (Lexington area) brides? Hire Planned to Perfection.

Betsy with Planned to Perfection was amazing. I know there were issues that occurred on the day of my wedding, but you know what? I didn't (and don't) know about them. Betsy made sure that any issues were solved. She made sure my vision and dream became reality. Walking into my reception space was the most jaw dropping experience. She put out all of my centerpieces, set up my escort cards, guest book table, directed the florist and the baker, she solved problems big and small. She moved chairs. Honestly, Betsy moved mountains to make sure I was happy.

Planned to Perfection knows the wedding business. They know the vendors to use. They know the questions to ask. They have a timeline that they customize to your wedding. Betsy was extremely responsive even when she was on vacation! She answered phone calls, emails, and texts. Even though she was a day of coordinator, that's a misleading nomenclature. She actually met with my now husband, mom, and myself a month before the wedding in person and spent FOUR HOURS (FOUR!!!) going over every detail of our day. She took over everything the week before the wedding and touch based with all vendors. If I had a question anytime before the wedding, she was there to answer it. She was a big reason why our wedding was so amazing.

She has extremely competitive pricing for the area, but I think she's the best day of coordinator in Kentucky. Hire Planned to Perfection... you won't regret it! Money well spent in my book.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/03/2015

I highly recommend Lyndsey and Betsy -- our wedding was so organized and enjoyable because of them! They worked hard to ensure that our big day was absolutely perfect, and it was!

Sent on 01/05/2016

Betsy was fantastic!! From the first phone call I had with her, to the end of the wedding day, she was totally on top of things. I felt like she was always asking the right questions, keeping me focused on the most important items and appearing right when she was needed. I would absolutely recommend Planned to Perfection to my best friends (and you should work with them, too!). Five star experience, all around.

Sent on 11/29/2015

Brittany · Married on 09/06/2015

Two thirds of the way into my wedding planning process I decided to hire a day-of coordinator. The venue I selected included an on-site coordinator but it quickly became apparent that she there for the venue's best interest not my own. I researched several local coordinators before contacting PtP to see if they were available on our day. Lyndsey quickly responded that she was available and would love to assist with anything I needed. I am so thankful that I decided to hire the extra coordinator. Lyndsey went above and beyond to make our day a stress-free event that was enjoyable for all. She was a rockstar at getting all my other vendors where they needed to be and worked behind the scenes to fix a few mishaps without them ever coming to my attention. She is great at setting a timeline everyone can stick to. We walked down the aisle exactly on time even after some buttons popping off my dress (she sewed them back on lightening fast) and my moh spilling a drink down her dress when we were lining up for the procession to start (Lyndsey recommended a blow dryer and calm attitude). I will absolutely hire her again if we decide to host another event in the future (vow renewal in 5 years anyone? lol). Thank you Planned to Perfection!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Katie · Married on 07/19/2015

Lyndsey was INCREDIBLE! We were going back and forth about having a day of coordinator, but it is truly worth every penny! We met a couple times before the big day to stay on track with plans and keep each other updated with what was done and needed to get done. As a bride I felt so at peace, knowing Lyndsey knew all my plans and would execute them well. The day of went so smoothly and guests had a blast! Cannot thank Lyndsey enough for all the work she put in and the way she cared for me and my wedding day. If you're going back and forth I 110% recommend going with Planned to Perfection.

Sent on 08/10/2015

Tricia · Married on 07/04/2015

One of the first decisions we made for our wedding was that we wanted a planner because we wanted (and we wanted our moms!) to be able to focus on enjoying the day without the stress of figuring out logistics or coordinating things. We talked to several planners but I got a good feeling after talking to Lyndsey.

Working with Lyndsey and Planned to Perfection was the BEST decision we made and out of all the money we spent, this was worth every penny! Lyndsey helped me every step of the way from choosing a venue to choosing other vendors to handling day-of events and coordinating what everyone needed to do. I could not have asked for a better person to work with. She handled lists and kept everything on track and on time and thought of things I would definitely have forgotten. We got so many compliments on how smoothly everything went and I have to give all of the credit to Lyndsey. I truly spent my day not having to worry about a single thing because I knew it was all planned, and Lyndsey could handle any last minute items (which she did, and I didn't have to worry about!).

Lyndsey is totally a professional who knows what she is doing and I would trust her with anything! It was an amazing day and I can't thank her enough!

Sent on 07/15/2015

Morgan · Married on 06/27/2015

Planned to perfection of the bluegrass is simply amazing. There is no way I could have pulled my wedding without them. They eased any stress I had and handled everything the day of my wedding. I'm so thankful for Lyndsey, and grateful Betsy was also there the day of the help things so smoothly. I would highly recommend them. They will make the whole process so much easier and they are amazing gals!!

Sent on 07/12/2015
  • I

Ian · Married on 05/31/2015

It is always a pleasure to work with Planned to Perfection. They are very organized and professional. We have worked many weddings and events with Betsy and Lyndsey in the last few years and the quality of their work is always nothing short of exceptional!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Marie · Married on 05/30/2015

cannot stay enough about Betsy and Lindsay at Planned to Protection. They truly went above and beyond. The day of my wedding one of the bar tenders became ill and Lindsay’s husband stepped right in to ensure our wedding went on without a hitch! In addition, they were extremely helpful to ensure my vision came to light, and more importantly they were extremely flexible with my indecisiveness due to potential weather threats. THANK YOU!!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Betty · Married on 05/24/2015

Lyndsey was hired as a Day of Wedding Planner but was so much more than that. Along the way, she helped with recommendations for various vendors, stored some of our wedding stuff at her house (destination wedding), had many suggestions about how to do things but was more than cooperative to go along with the bride's wishes. Lyndsey and her partner Betsy were efficient, thorough and followed all of our instructions. They were a joy with which to work and we couldn't have done it without them. Thank you Lyndsey and Betsy for making my daughter's dream wedding come true!

Sent on 06/17/2015

We couldn't have asked for better day-of wedding planners than Lyndsey and Betsy of Planned to Perfection of the Bluegrass! We can honestly say our wedding day was PERFECT, and neither us or any of our family members or guests had to stress about it because we were in such great hands! Since our vendor (Buffalo Trace Distillery) didn't provide complete set up and tear down, we relied on our wedding planners to do that in addition to coordinating our vendors on the day of the wedding. In addition to ensuring our actual wedding day went smoothly, Lyndsey and Betsy maintained regular communication with us for months prior to the event, and were so easy and enjoyable to work with. They were always quick to respond to the numerous questions we had, and were very helpful in recommending various wedding vendors, which was especially important to us since we live in IL and didn't know much about options in the area! Not only were Lyndsey's and Betsy's fees very reasonable, but I am confident that we saved money by using some of the vendors they suggested, as we wouldn't have found them without their help! Lyndsey's and Betsy's services definitely went above and beyond our expectations. For example, Lyndsey let us drop off numerous boxes of decorations, favors, etc. to be stored at her house when we made trips down to KY for wedding planning so that we wouldn't have to rent an extra vehicle to bring it all down at the time of the wedding. And at the end of the night when our wedding party didn't catch the last trip on the bus transporting our guests to/from hotels, they even gave them rides! We highly recommend Planned to Perfection of the Bluegrass, thanks so much for helping to make our wedding such a wonderful and memorable day!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Katelynn · Married on 05/17/2015

Lyndsey was an absolute lifesaver! We chose Planned to Perfection of the Bluegrass to provide day-of services for our wedding. We met with Lyndsey twice prior to our wedding to make a timeline, give vendor information, and answer questions that I didn't even know I should be prepared for (she was also there for me anytime over-the-phone). She helped coordinate our rehearsal and was available to me from the time I woke up on my wedding day! When it started to rain on our outdoor ceremony the moment we were seating our parents, she and Betsy pulled everything back together and quickly flipped our indoor reception space into a ceremony space as well. I can't say enough about how truly wonderful Planned to Perfection of the Bluegrass is and the outstanding service they provide!! I would choose them 1,000 times over and recommend them to any bride seeking planning or coordination services!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Autumn · Married on 05/16/2015

We decided to hire a day of wedding planner to help us organize and execute our big day! I had originally planned to do it myself, but found myself stressed over making a timeline and getting everything organized the day of the wedding. I worked with Betsy Lowe at Planned to Perfection of the Bluegrass. She was very flexible, she met with me several times and was willing to work around my schedule as I live out of town. Each time we met I was put at ease knowing that my wedding was in great hands with Betsy! Making the timeline was easy with her knowledge and expertise. The week of the wedding she contacted all of my vendors and organized the details of their arrival and role in our wedding day. Betsy also spent the day of our wedding making sure every single detail at the church and reception venue were exactly the way I wanted them, and everything turned out perfectly! I definitely recommend Planned to Perfection, they are professional, easy to work with, and have great experience that helps you relax and enjoy your big day!

Sent on 05/30/2015

Sarah · Married on 11/15/2014

I can't begin to express how wonderful it was to work with Lyndsey Calico and Betsey Lowe and their business Planned to Perfection of the Bluegrass! This wedding was successfully choreographed in seven and a half months. From the very first meeting to the wedding day, their guidance and knowledge helped us to survive what is typically a most stressful process. Their calm reassurance, their experienced eye and their ability to skillfully produce a wedding that flowed so smoothly it was a pleasure to attend! The wedding was beautiful, the reception was flawless and I heard nothing but compliments all evening.

Our minister, Kent Gilbert, was especially complimentary of Betsey and how her calmness helped to instill a joyfulness in the midst of chaos and still keeping to the timeline! He commented that in the past, his experience with wedding planners has never been this pleasant! He specifically requested their business information, which I have already given to him!

Hiring Lyndsey and Betsey was the best decision I made!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Sophie · Married on 09/06/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Lyndsey & Betsy at Planned to Perfection! I hired them as day-of coordinators because I knew they had experience at our venue (Buffalo Trace Distillery), and I was so happy with everything that they provided.

Before the event, I had a few phone calls with Lyndsey where she made sure I was on track and reminded me of several things I hadn't thought of. I used their list of recommended vendors a bunch of different times, which was great because I'm not from the area. A few weeks before the event they got all the contact info for our vendors and reached out so they would be super prepared on our wedding day. I wasn't expecting that, and it took a big weight off my shoulders!

Lyndsey handled our rehearsal and kept everything short and on point. The day of, they set up the space beautifully and made sure all our vendors were there. At the event, my family and I had a few different questions or requests, and every time we went to them Lyndsey and Betsy had the answers or dealt with the issue immediately. They anticipated everything! For example, when I was worried not everyone would fit on the last shuttle, they had a count of the remaining guests and assured me everything would be fine. I had a great time, and I got a ton of compliments from my family that they were the best planners they had ever seen!

Overall, we were super pleased with how professional, nice and on top of everything Lyndsey and Betsy were. We felt like they were a great value and we were so happy to have hired them!

Sent on 09/09/2014

McKenzie · event on 05/17/2014

Lyndsey was such a blessing on the day of and months before our wedding. She made me feel so comfortable on the day of our wedding, which is why I was able to enjoy the entire day. She is extremely thorough in her planning process and gives great advice. I would recommend her to anyone! She has a natural way to ease anyone throughout the planning process.

Sent on 10/01/2014

Che · Married on 04/26/2014

Even though my wedding was small and intimate ,one of the best decisions I made for my day was having Lyndsey from Planned to Perfection of the Bluegrass be there as my coordinator. She was very easy to talk to and plan with. It was like having my best friend with me during the entire process, encouraging me and making sure that everything ended up perfect. She was my extra set of eyes and ears. My day ended up worry free and I couldn't be more pleased with the attention to detail and professionalism. I recommend them to any bride to be!

Sent on 11/20/2014

Amanda · Married on 08/15/2015

Betsy & Lyndsey did an amazing job helping me plan our August 15th wedding. We knew from the beginning that we wanted to use a wedding planner & after meeting with Lyndsey we felt confident that Planned to Perfection had the tools & time to help us achieve our vision for our wedding.
    Betsy & Lyndsey suggested vendors they had worked with or knew had great reputations, helped us narrow down options, & kept us on track throughout the wedding planning process. As the wedding neared, Betsy & Lyndsey had everything under control & brought things to my attention that I never would have thought of.
    Finally, Betsy & Lyndsey made our rehearsal & the day of the wedding effortless. When we were dealing with a difficult personality at our rehearsal, Betsy stepped in & came up with solutions, completely alleviating the problem. And when we encountered several hiccups on the day of the wedding, Betsy & Lyndsey took control & contacted vendors & helped me continue to enjoy the day.
    If you want to enjoy your wedding day & hire an effective, reasonably priced, & supportive wedding planner, choose Planned to Perfection.

Sent on 12/01/2015

Ann and Fer · Married on 05/26/2018

Betsy was just our best friend through the whole process, super patient and accommodating of our every request. "Let's meet weekly, let's meet here, let's do skype, let's use this file, let's try this or that, you got it! It was just great peace of mind knowing Betsy was so committed to help us since we were out of the country for 99% of the time. The day of, she was on top of everything and she is really super prepared, I mean it, we really could just let go and enjoy our day. We are truly thankful for Betsy, her knowledge, experience, readiness and guidance.

Sent on 09/29/2018

Devyn · Married on 10/09/2016

Betsy was the planner for my wedding and she was amazing!! I highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding. They help relieve so much stress. Betsy handled all of the details and was an expert on everything possible.

Sent on 11/11/2016