Plan Prep Party Reviews

9 | San Diego, CA

9 Reviews for Plan Prep Party

Aaron S. · Getting married on 07/03/2022

#1 Wedding Planner

THANK YOU for ALL you have done for us over the last couple years. You have been absolutely incredible every step of the way. You were always responsive. You always provided your best advice, yet you were more than happy to proceed however we wanted. You always had our back when it came to disputes with venders, even though it was very rare given your amazingly kind and friendly personality. Bottom line, you always got the job done, and done right. I can go on and on about how our perfect, albeit unconventional, wedding was almost entirely because of you and all your amazing qualities, including your creativeness to make the house-venue perfect.

Anyone lucky enough to have you in their life - whether as a wedding planner or daughter (the devotion to your father is absolutely heartwarming) - is extremely blessed.

Sent on 03/28/2021

Jeremy B. · Married on 12/01/2020

Thank you!

Words can not express how impressed my husband and I enjoyed working with Jess. She has a calming presence and is the most efficient person we have ever met. She made our big day everything we wanted and more. She guided us through every step in the process. (Didn't even know some steps existed) We can not thank her and her team enough. Expectations were exceeded!

Sent on 06/30/2020

Annelise · Married on 11/09/2019

Best of the best!

Jessica was beyond amazing. I was initially looking for just a day-of coordinator to meet the requirement of my venue. However, from the moment I first chatted with Jessica, I knew I wanted to work with her immediately! I am a native San Diegan living on the other side of the country, and I can't even begin to explain how crucial Jessica was to my positive wedding planning experience. Not only did she help me by identifying key deadlines, but she did so much behind-the-scenes communication with our other vendors. Besides being amazingly capable, Jessica is just the type of person you want running your special day. We laughed together, shared frustrations, and she just really, truly cared about me and my now-husband. If you need a wedding planner/coordinator, you truly cannot go wrong with Jessica.

Sent on 04/23/2020

Plan Prep Party's reply:

Beyond grateful that I was able to share in your planning, design and the most special wedding day-of! Thank you Annelise!

Stephanie · Married on 10/12/2019

Plan Prep Party was the BEST part of our wedding

I literally could not have imagined a more perfect wedding day, largely because of hiring Jessica with Plan Prep Party to be my wedding coordinator. I was looking forward to planning my wedding and picking some details, but Jessica thought of literally everything and was so prepared to help make my vision a reality. She helped make every single part of my day seamless and went above and beyond to make sure that I had the best day of my life. She was so easy to work with, great at communication, great at working with my vendors, recommended vendors to work with, thought of things I completely forgot about, and she was amazing with my family and wedding guests. Jessica made sure every little detail was perfect and put my mind at ease completely. On top of all that, Jessica is so friendly and sweet - I honestly felt like I had an extra friend around to help. I often say that the wedding coordinator fee was the best money I spent on our wedding! Cannot recommend Plan Prep Party enough.

Sent on 02/17/2021
  • Sharmin

Sharmin · Married on 08/17/2019

A wedding planner dream come true

How do we love thee, Plan Prep Party (and Jessica!), let us count the ways!
    Jessica and Plan Prep Party was one of the first decisions we made during our wedding planning process and it was definitely one of the best. We were planning a 2-day wedding for 215 people in San Diego within 4 months, while living in Los Angeles, starting a new job and planning a couple of cultural wedding events in LA. Needless to say, we had a lot going on and Jessica really acted like our partner along the journey.
    In our search for planners, we interviewed over 10 companies and Jessica / Plan Prep Party was the obvious and easy choice. From our first conversation, we hit it off and she really understood the vibe we were aiming for with our wedding weekend. Many of the planners we interviewed wanted to focus on their packages, costs, offerings, etc. But not Jessica. Jessica wanted to know about our vision, our love story, what this wedding meant to us. Shortly after our first phone call (and weeks before hiring her) she started Pinterest boards for our wedding weekend. This really sold me on Jessica – her willingness and desire to bring our wedding to life even before we signed a contract. She was just as enthusiastic and excited about our wedding as we were and really wanted to bring our ideas to life.
    Jessica was always working behind the scenes without us ever having to ask her. She had meetings scheduled before I could ask about the status. Our venue’s Catering Manager was let go about a month before our wedding and Jessica stepped in like the boss she is and made sure the Catering Director was brought up to speed on all the special requests and nuances of our wedding. She never missed a beat. She was always pleasant and excited during all of our interactions. She heard everything we said and really worked as our ally with our vendors. She also has a great arsenal of vendors that she has great relationships with – we loved and hired her florist (AHR Florals), photography (Jami Laree) and videographer (Shutter & Sound) recommendations.
    During our actual wedding weekend, we barely saw her because she was busy creating wedding magic – literal magic. Everything was what we had hoped for and more, and everyone thought the entire weekend was intimate, love-filled and fun – the three main adjectives we used to describe our wedding vibe. Thank you, Jessica! We love you so much for helping us have the wedding of our dreams and more.

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/21/2019

Flexibility and service that has made my planning process a breeze

Jess has really been an unexpected blessing in my wedding planning process. I found her on Instagram because she set up a styled shoot with a photographer I was scoping out. I loved the work she did on that shoot and immediately thought about messaging her. I was hesitant because my fiancé and I did not budget for a long-term planner of any kind, and I was extremely nervous about the cost of that type of planner. After thinking it through, I took a chance and messaged Jess with a slightly odd request – I asked if I could contract her at an hourly rate to put together vendor lists (primarily focused on women and people of color owned business) that me and my fiancé could use. She was completely understanding of my predicament and happily said yes! We have booked multiple vendors from her lists (and are still going!), and everyone raves about her when we mention who recommended them. Even though I only used limited services of hers she still takes the time to check in with me on how things are progressing, and she can always be counted on for the best hype-woman comments on my wedding related posts. I’m very grateful we found her, and hope other brides and grooms take that same chance that I did, and reach out her. You won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Plan Prep Party's reply:

Thank you so much for allowing me to guide+support you on your wedding planning adventure Sarah! I am thrilled you have been able to find your perfect vendor partners through my recommendations. :)
  • Graydon

Graydon · Married on 10/20/2018

Jessica is THE BEST decision you can make!

Jessica is HANDS DOWN the best out there. I knew I was excited when I first met with her and that the wedding process would be fun and easy with her by our side... but I didn't know at that time how lucky I was and forever grateful I would be for her. From the second we met, she took all questions, ideas, and vendors contacts and created an entire detailed spreadsheet to keep all info together. Our planning became a constant streamline process of communication that would be driven by how much time I had to put into the planning process when I was able to, and she continued to make progress when I was busy with my own regular work life, celebrating, and spending time with family. She has an incredibly creative mind that can decorate a blank space into your dream wedding that you couldn't even imagine on your own and she also can take a fully decorated venue and put your personal touch on it with her attention to detail. Throughout the entire process and especially a month before, my friends would say "You're so calm!" and I kept telling them that with Jessica, I could turn my phone off now and show up at my wedding and I know it will be perfect. I introduced her to my friends who are getting married and every person that has talked to her has immediately booked with her and has thanked me over and over again for the recommendation. Jessica is the best decision you can make in your entire planning process.I can't wait to see her at all of my friends weddings this upcoming year!

Sent on 01/21/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 06/30/2018

Jessica is a miracle worker!

I've been a bridesmaid over 20 times and have been to easily a hundred weddings. I've met many planners and I've seen how STRESSFUL a wedding can be for a bride.  I can truthfully say i did not feel stress at ANY point of my wedding. I had THE BEST day of my life and did not have to worry about the little details. I was able to enjoy and see everything for the first time at the same time as my guests.
    Jessica is personable, knowledgeable, and the hardest working wedding planner I have ever met. I was horrible at organizing and made changes til the very end. She was patient, understanding and helped me make decisions when I was wishy washy.
    I blindly booked my venue and it really turned out to be a quite a monster as it was completely DIY.  I'm sure it was not what she expected when she signed on, but she had a positive attitude and made miraculous things happen.
    Tons of my guests have told me this was one of the best weddings they've been to. I did not have a huge budget, but I think we really did throw an amazing party and I mostly have Jessica to thank for help with styling and budget restraints.
    I am FOREVER grateful and if you are looking for a planner...HIRE JESSICA!!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren E. · Married on 02/08/2020

The BEST vendor recs

Jessica is the best. I can’t imagine my wedding and all the great vendors she recommended without her. I had a couple friends with wedding planner horror stories and was skeptical during the search. Jessica put me at ease and always had great suggestions. As generally a planner myself, she was always 1 step ahead of me. I didn’t have to worry about anything on the wedding day, she took care of everything. Throughout the planning process, I maybe had some parent-zilla issues but she wasn’t phased at all. On the day of the wedding, she even took all the stuff I brought for the wedding and put it in her car the night before so I didn’t have to. We’re so grateful we had her as a “partial” planner throughout the process although her work was much more than partial lol. Thank you Jessica for giving us the most beautiful wedding we could have ever thought of!

Sent on 05/09/2020