PJ Events Reviews

PJ Events 4
PJ Events 5

Melissa Von Hoffmann · Married on 02/23/2019

Professional and personable

Jen Isaacs planned and coordinated our wedding with amazing professionalism. She is a competent and cordial personality. She is highly organized and communicative. Because of her expertise we were able rest assured that everything was being care of as she is experienced with all things wedding. Our wedding day turned out even better than expected and her value cannot be overstated. She comes highly recommended from us. Thanks to Jen Isaacs for helping us achieve the wedding of our dreams! Amazing job!

Sent on 03/04/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 11/03/2018

A truly magical experience

The PJ Events team could not have made it any easier for us on our wedding day. They communicated with us well in advance to coordinate all the essential details, worked diligently and professionally with the venue and vendors, and really went above and beyond to make sure everything was absolutely perfect for our wedding day. With their decades of experience and professional attitude, we felt completely comfortable letting them handle the details of the day, so we could relax and focus on enjoying our wedding.

Sent on 12/16/2018

Tanya · Married on 08/10/2018

Jen & Pete were AMAZING! From the beginning, when we were still figuring things out and being overwhelmed by everything we had left to do, to the end when we were packing things up at the end of the night, they were reassuring and fun, seriously on top of everything and always, always, always accommodating, flexible and professional. They made sure we were eating and had enough food, and kept us hydrated throughout all the family photos. Everything went off without a hitch (as far as I know, which is testament to how good they are at what they do) and overall, we're beyond happy we got to work with them on such a huge and also overwhelming day.

Sent on 08/14/2018

Aschli · Married on 07/06/2018

Jen and everyone at PJ Events made our wedding the most amazing and perfect evening. Throughout the entire planning process, Jen was there to answer questions and give advice that helped us create a magical evening. Our wedding was set in a wonderful outdoor venue and Jen and Anglea worked tirelessly all day to set up everything in its place with precision and and an eye for perfection in every detail. Despite the temperature reaching heats of 117 degrees Jen never stopped, she worked to keep both brides well informed of everything, and made sure the evening flowed smoothly and went off without any issues. She also made adjustments to the plans and decorations on the fly as we could not have our decorations set up as early as planned due to the heat. Jen kept all our vendors informed and made sure everyone was aware of the evenings time-line. She communicated with our venue and prepared all of the information needed in preparation for our big day which relieved us of the immense stress that is involved in wedding planning and allowed us to actually enjoy the process. I know our wedding would not have been the memorable day it was without Jen being the amazing coordinator that she is.

Sent on 08/11/2018

Megan Costello · Married on 05/12/2018

Extremely thoughtful

PJ Events thought of all the things and covered all the bases so we wouldn't have to and could just enjoy our day. Our venue was a blank slate so we had a bunch of separate vendors to wrangle, and Jen handled it with ease. (And made sure we ate!)

PJ Events 6
    PJ Events 7
    PJ Events 8
    PJ Events 9
    PJ Events 10
    Sent on 12/17/2018

Ryan · Married on 10/21/2017

Jen is an absolute life saver. Everything was absolutely perfect and smooth. Her and her team were on top of everything and made it the wedding of our dreams. They are incredibly friendly and fun as well!! You can guarantee a worry free, well run and perfect event with Jen! Would recommend her to anyone for anything!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Lisa · Married on 05/13/2017

We cannot say enough about PJ Events! Jen and Pete worked incredibly hard to make our day as stress free as possible. They went above and beyond what was expected and their rate for it all was unbeatable. I am a total control freak and have planned many events, but I was able to let it go and enjoy our wedding because they were so on top of it! They understand the process from top to bottom, including all of the DJ needs, timing, and they even were able to improvise my sense of taste and style when needed. Jen’s incredible energy and positivity, along with Pete’s kindness and attention to the details we relayed were an added bonus. They were incredibly organized, had great attention to detail, and dealt with the bridal part, our guests, and our vendors in a professional, warm and calming manner. All of our vendors noted how great they were as well. Such an amazing team and we are so grateful to them for all they did for our big day!

Sent on 06/01/2017

Spring · Married on 05/05/2017

As a vendor myself I have worked with numerous event planners over the years, and although many have been great, I can say that not all are created equally. Definitely not. I worked with Jen and Pete a couple weeks ago at Millwick downtown and they were exceptional. Not only was the wedding gorgeous with every detail, they were also so on top of everything, and worked with myself (DJ & Photo Booth vendor), and all other vendors very well. This not only helped us do our jobs better but also made the event seamless and of course the couple very happy. On top of this they were always very friendly and so easy to work. If you're looking for an awesome team to help make your day perfect, definitely contact them!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Mikael · Married on 06/12/2015

PJ Events is a must have for your event! Jen was AMAZING!!!! She worked within our budget which was FANTASTIC! Jen made all of our guest feel welcomed and comfortable at our wedding. Our wedding had a wonderful flow and there were not any "weird" down moments. She created a timeline and stuck to it. She was wonderful!
    Our DJ, John Villa from Dance Syndicate, was WONDERFUL!!!! He was able to work with Jen to make our event flow and reflect us as a couple. John was able to work the crowd and keep the energy up.
    These two companies were superb and went above and beyond. We don't plan on getting married again but if we do these guys are at the TOP of our lists.

Sent on 06/15/2015

Hannah · Married on 06/26/2014

PJ Events did an absolutely amazing job at our wedding! We gave them very little direction as to what type of music we wanted but they were still able to get the feel of what we wanted just from talking with us. Every single song they played fit out crowd! All our guests have been telling us how amazing the music was. It totally made the night! Definitely recommend them!

Sent on 07/01/2014

They also provided expert wedding coordination before and during the wedding. We were very pleased with that service and the DJ service.

Sent on 06/06/2014

Eva · Married on 05/10/2014

Pete and Jen were the DJ and event planner for my wedding, and they created a fun, well-run, seamless event for us. They make a great team, and my individual interactions with them were positive as well. I'd happily work with them again together or individually.

Jen was responsive to my many questions and offered creative, budget-friendly options when I needed them. She's sweet, positive, professional and efficient. I felt comfortable having my wedding in her hands and could focus on my guests and enjoying myself at the wedding.

Pete was a great MC. He has a warm, fun demeanor -- not to mention a great accent -- and he got the party started and kept it going all night. Like Jen, he's friendly and professional. At the wedding, I was able to trust that he could read the room and set the right tone, which was a big relief. My guests loved the music, and everybody seemed to have a good time.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Angela · Married on 08/17/2013

PJ events were the most amazing wedding DJ's and provided me with the most fun, and personal music! They were so detail oriented, everything was perfect! I highly recommend this talented duo.

Sent on 08/22/2013

Michelle · Married on 08/03/2013

My husband and I cannot say enough great things about Pete and Jen. From the moment we sat down to meet with Pete about our wedding, he felt like an old friend. He immediately expressed interest and concern in what was most important to us about the big day. He was prudent enough to offer advice on areas where we needed it, but supportive of our own ideas and always flexible to make them happen. He kept CONSTANT contact with us leading up to the wedding, making sure we always knew what was next in the planning process. He was extremely organized, taking such diligent notes during our first meeting, and then presenting them back to us months later to see if our initial ideas were still of interest to us!

The night of the wedding, because of all of Pete's careful planning, we did not have to do a thing. We always knew where we were supposed to be, and our guests never wondered what was next, since he kept everyone updated periodically. Jen played such great music that nobody wanted to leave at the end of the evening...the dance floor was packed from beginning to end!

If you don't use PJ Events for your wedding, you're definitely missing out! HIGHLY recommended. :)

Sent on 08/14/2013

ems · Married on 04/06/2013

Best Wedding Coordinator ever!!! Jen-our wedding coordinator was actually a wedding gift from one of my husband's good friend. Little did we know that Jen was the best wedding gift we could have asked for! She and her husband Pete and their assistant Rachelle were extremely professional, supportive, patient and literally saved my wedding day since our DJ/MC was a complete joke. Even though we only booked a same day coordinator Jen was available throughout our planning for questions. She is very well-seasoned and super easy to get along with..Her and her team always checked in to make sure we were ok throughout the day and took care of things behind the scenes that in retrospect went far and above what they were called to do. I have told anyone that will listen how amazing,professional, and affordable Jen and her team with PJ events are. Ladies- if you want a stress free day and are on the fence of using a same day coordinator-believe me I have been there- it is well worth it. PJ events also do lighting and DJ. While I did not use their services-I will met my house that they would do a fabulous job! We are so eternally grateful to have met Jen and her team!

Sent on 09/18/2013

Amanda · Married on 07/20/2012

We could not have been happier with Pete and Jen. They were warm, professional, and easy going. Jen was great about going over my VERY long list of songs I wanted played. It helped to make the day very custom. Pete patiently answered all of our questions about the day. The wedding day went very smoothly. I suppose our best compliment we could give them was that we hardly knew they were there. Everything seemed seamless. We were so busy talking with guests and enjoying our day that there was never a thought about the timeline or music. Jen and Pete had it covered!
    -A+J

Sent on 08/02/2012

Peter and Jennifer were so easy to work with and extremely knowledgeable and professional. They made it clear from the first time we spoke that they wanted to make our entire wedding a success, not just the music.

They helped to make our wedding day as stress-free as possible, with all of the planning taken care of up front. With our busy schedule right before the wedding, they were willing to conduct our meetings over the phone and via Skype. Their flexibility and responsiveness was more than we expected.

They tailored our music and emcee services directly to us and also helped to make sure our timeline flowed seamlessly. We would recommend PJ Events to anyone who is looking for a DJ/emcee that shows up to the venue early and plays everything that you request. Many DJ's have ideas of what they want your wedding to be, but Peter and Jennifer make sure your wedding is what YOU want.

Thanks for making our wedding day so memorable!
    -Heather and Ryan

Sent on 07/29/2012

Shandon · Married on 06/23/2012

Peter and Jen made our wedding reception perfect. You can tell these two really know what they are doing. After meeting with them a few weeks before the wedding, we felt this enormous weight was lifted. They have done so many of these events that they helped us plan the reception (more so than our wedding planner). The best part is that it felt like they were excited to help. Yes, they may have years and years of experience, but they were so connected to us and it felt like they wanted our wedding to be as fantastic as we wanted it to be. And it was... the music was a perfect mix of songs we requested and songs that sounded like we should have requested them. And they were instrumental in keeping the energy of the reception humming... helping to wrangle guests by keeping them engaged. They also did the sound at our ceremony, which ensured great even sound for the officiant, the musicians and the readers. We couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 08/01/2012

Kayla · Married on 06/16/2012

Pete and Jen are a husband and wife team; Pete acts as MC while Jen is the DJ. They made our wedding fun and involved our guests, while staying true to our wishes for the night. They are experienced and attentive; ceremony music was flawless and the reception was a lot of fun. Jen spent over an hour with us planning out the night, asking what our guests and families would like, planning out which song should go where and making suggestions, explaining their process, getting names of important people to introduce, and making a timeline. Pete and Jen both made us feel very comfortable, and they were a huge asset to our wedding. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/05/2012

Chelsea · Married on 10/16/2011

Pete and Jen of PJ Events are hands down the best event DJ's I have ever come across! My husband and I first became aware of them when they DJ'd and MC'd my cousin's wedding back in October of 2010. We were so impressed with their energy and professionalism that when it came time to plan our own wedding, there was no question that they would be our top choice for reception entertainment. Soon after becoming engaged, we contacted the duo and set up a time to meet and discuss the details of our wedding. Unlike some of the other vendors with whom we met, Pete and Jen made it a priority to get to know us and to discuss exactly what it was we were looking for in a DJ. They came to our meeting prepared with various documents that outlined their prices and services as well as an informative list of FAQ's. Pete and Jen were so organized, reasonably priced, and downright sweet, that our decision to hire them for our wedding was a no-brainer! When our wedding day finally came around, Pete and Jen went over and beyond their call of duty! They arrived to our wedding venue early to make sure that they were completely set up and ready to go prior to our reception. They even went out of their way to accommodate our last minute need for extra sound equipment when one of our other vendors wasn't able to provide it. Our reception itself was perfect! Pete and Jen ensured that the atmosphere was energetic and fun. They were so charismatic and engaging, that our dance floor was packed with people the entire night! Many of our guests contacted us after our wedding to reiterate how much fun they had and to comment on how wonderful our DJ and MC were! Indeed, our wedding reception exceeded even the high expectations that my husband and I had for it. We owe it all to you, Pete and Jen! Thanks a million!

Sent on 11/23/2011
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 09/25/2011

Pete & Jen of PJ Events were more than we ever had wished for. After interviewing several DJs, these two were the only ones professional enough to actually listen to what we wanted and offer us ideas. Their planning sheets are in depth and so helpful and no matter what you imagine these two can make it happen. It was wonderful having a husband and wife team act as DJ AND Emcee. They made sure our night was perfect by keeping us on a timeline and informing us whenever something was coming next so we could prepare. We had asked to include a conga line and a fun dance, and we had the whole floor filled and danced to Blues Brothers. From meeting them, to the planning stages to the final event they were absolutely wonderful and fun. Friends are still mentioning what fun they had and how great the DJ was, song choice and personality. The price is competitive and they worked well with all of our other vendors, informing them of when to be prepared for special photographs, etc. They are beyond amazing and if I could suggest one thing to make your night go smoothly it would be to hire your DJ from PJ Events.

Sent on 10/15/2011

May · Married on 09/17/2011

We were so happy with our choice of Randy (emcee) and Jen (DJ) for our Chinese-American wedding on 9/17/11 at Mission 261 Restaurant in San Gabriel, CA. We knew them from two other weddings we went to in the last few years and they were our first choice for entertainment as soon as we got engaged. Randy and Jen are very easy going, professional and reliable. Randy was so flexible with my last minute changes to the schedule which I really appreciate. Randy did a great job in collaborating with a friend who interpreted parts of the entertainment in Cantonese. Randy is very entertaining and quick on his feet. Jen was open to all our music choices. We would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 10/02/2011

Pamela · Married on 07/03/2011

Pete and Jen were absolutely wonderful to work with. My husband and I were planning our Malibu wedding from the east coast and were lucky to find Pete and Jen through an acquaintance. We met with them 2 months before the wedding at a local coffee shop and were immediately put at ease - they are professional and clearly very experienced with a relaxed and friendly approach. While relaxed, they also are sticklers about details (in a great way) and ready to cater to your event's needs (style, audience, timeline). We had plenty of questions and they patiently walked us through everything. Generally speaking, we had a pretty haphazard planning process with no day-of coordinator until a few days before the wedding, and Jen and Pete were very accommodating. They made it to a venue walkthrough with only 48 hours notice and helped us gauge our venue and party's needs. When I produced a rough timeline for the day-of, they provided much appreciated feedback and went over every detail with us by phone a few days before the event. They also emailed our other vendors the final timeline to make sure everyone was on the same page.

On the day of the event, Pete and Jen both helped things run smoothly - we couldn't have pulled it off without them. When I forgot to draw up the floor plan for the reception, Jen worked with my friends to make sure the table numbers were placed correctly. They also provided the audio set-up for my brother, who wrote and performed the music for our first dance. The day before, we realized that we needed an extra mic for the ceremony music, which my brother and a friend were performing, and Jen and Pete once again pulled through on short notice and provided the equipment and set-up, all with a smile and no extra charges. Pete also graciously emceed the reception - we didn't want a very involved emcee, just someone who could run things on time like cake-cutting, table dismissal for buffet, first dance, etc., and Pete did it all very smoothly. I have no doubt that if we had wanted a very charismatic, vocal emcee, he could have done that as well with no qualms.

We cannot thank them enough for the job they did and would recommend them to friends without hesitation.

Sent on 07/29/2011

James · Married on 06/11/2011

PJ Events offers both a day of coordinating as well as planning the entire event with you. They also offer Emcee and DJ services for additional cost. We chose to go with the event planning (which incorporates day of coordination into the price) and use of the DJing and Emcee services.

Jenn was instrumental in helping with a lot of the decisions we made, mostly because she found and had relationships with a lot of vendors with decent pricing and great offerings. She helped us ease out of an event location we had previously chosen that wanted ridiculous prices for what was offered insomuch as the food and decoration abilities they had, and helped us craft a wedding reception and ceremony that was unique to us and didn't blow our budget.

Day of Jenn had a few extra hands on deck to help as well as Pete as the Emcee and also assisting in making the event happen, and he did a great job during our reception putting everybody in the mood to dance and celebrate.

Jenn helped us book the reception venue, our florist, the DJ obviously (and was able to get the DJ I specifically wanted, whose name is Randy but good luck getting him because he is in DEMAND!) as well as general decor, and picking up various things day of.

All and all my new Bride and I are very happy with how the day turned out, and we would definitely recommend PJ Events and are really happy to have had them involved.

Sent on 08/26/2011

Deidre · Married on 06/25/2010

I cannot say enough about how wonderful PJ events has been to work with. I have now worked with them twice for different events and they exceeded expectations both times. Jen MC'd a small Theatrical Tea fundraiser with great success. She moved the event along in a smooth and professional manner and I got several compliments on the job she did from the patrons.

Best of all, Jen performed Wedding Coordinator duties for my daughter's wedding and Pete, along with Randy, performed the DJ services. Again, we could not have been more pleased. Both Jen and Pete were caring, ultra-organized and paid close attention to detail. They were proactive about getting information from us,were excellent in keeping the lines of communication open, and are a fabulous team.

At the actual event, Jen kept us informed, moved the event along and generally made sure that what we wanted got done. She maintained a professional and very pleasant attitude even at the end of the evening when the venue folks goofed up and really inconvenienced her. We received complimentary remarks from several of the other vendors she coordinated and I highly recommend her as a wedding coordinator.

Pete MC'd our evening and he too did an excellent job. He was professional, engaging and fun. He also kept me (mother of the bride) informed just ahead of each big item (cake cutting, etc) so I was prepared and in the right place. He pitched in and helped get the venue set up and did tons of work with several items we were responsible instead of other vendors. We also got compliments on his style and manner. Randy the DJ was fabulous as well, even quickly popping on a quick bit of the Disney Electrical Parade music when my husband made a reference to the bride wanting to be a Disney Princess. It was the perfect touch.

I am honored to highly recommend PJ Events for any event that needs coordination or a DJ.

Sent on 06/28/2010