PinMeUp Hair & Makeup Reviews

28 | Huntington Station, NY

28 Reviews for PinMeUp Hair & Makeup

28 PinMeUp Hair & Makeup Reviews

Ashley · Married on 06/02/2018

I planned a movie-themed wedding and zeroed in on every detail except what I was supposed to look like! I purchased a beautiful Jenny Packham wedding dress and knew that I wanted something vintage to match. I came across PinMe Up Hair & Makeup's portfolio online and absolutely loved what I saw. Each bride looked beautiful, natural and unique. Inspired, I booked a trial. Upon meeting Erica & Carissa, I was immediately put at ease. They are colorful, personable and so talented in their respective crafts. Erica listened to my hair concerns (I have super thin hair) and offered various styles to accompany my needs. With little direction from me, (except that I wanted to look like me and not some over-done bride) Carissa provided me with makeup that was flawless and recommended amazing everyday routine products. They were my first and only hair/makeup trial and I booked them on the spot. So impressed by their work, I also hired PinMeUp Hair & Makeup for my boudior photo shoot and bridal shower. For my boudior photos, the ladies gave me a classic pin up look - complete with victory rolls. My bridal shower was themed to compliment my honeymoon plans in Greece. Erica made me look like a Greek Goddess. They can truly do it all. On the day of my wedding, I had 7 bridesmaids, 2 moms & 4 flower girls that all needed hair/makeup done. Erica & Carissa worked so professionally & efficiently. Each of my girls looked red carpet ready in their Hollywood Glam looks - one was more beautiful than the next. They were also so amazing with my nieces, ranging in the ages of 2 - 6 years old. They are so organized and got us to the church on time. It was a hot day when I got married and the AC broke at my wedding venue. Despite the heat and sweat, my wedding party still looked flawless hours later. Our hair and makeup all held up which is true testament to PinMeUp Hair & Makeup's work.

Carrie · Married on 05/19/2018

Erica was absolutely great. I knew I wanted victory rolls for the top/front of my hair, and a flower instead of a veil in my hair, but I didn't know how I wanted to style the rest. She worked with me to find a style I liked, and it looked great at my wedding. I got tons of compliments about my hairstyle, and it stayed up without frizz (my hair is super curly and often frizzy) the whole night. I would not hesitate to recommend her if you're looking for a retro hairstyle.

Liz · Married on 08/12/2017

Can’t say enough wonderful things about Jules and Dana. My hair and makeup turned out perfectly. My mom and bridesmaids were so happy about their hair and makeup as well. They were so wonderful at the trial as well. They were so patient as I tried to figure out the look that I was going for, and they provided amazing suggestions.

Danielle · Married on 03/11/2017

From my hair and makeup trial I knew that Erika and Carissa were going to be the team I used on the big day. They were super responsive to emails and listened to exactly what me and all of my girls wanted. My makeup and hair lasted through 10 hours of nerves, excitement, and sweating on the dance floor! I could not believe how perfect everyone still looked hours after application. They came to my hotel suite and it made my day so easy and relaxing!

Alexandra · Married on 06/18/2016

Erica and Carissa were outstanding on my wedding day and all the days leading up to it! They were able to accommodate all of my bridesmaids and mother of the bride (7 people total) in 5 hours. They were exceptionally talented,professional, flexible, and creative. I am so glad that I was able to work with them and would absolutely refer them!

V · Married on 03/04/2016

So glad to have found this amazing hair and makeup team. My visions of what I wanted to look like as a bride were really brought to life by these two. With their great attention to detail and their knowledge I couldn’t have been more happy on my special day. On the day of they put us at ease with all the commotion that was going on in the background. I highly recommend this team for your big day!!

Shamsa · Married on 02/13/2016

They were super attentive and did everything in their power to make me look and feel beautiful, as well as comfortable. My hair and makeup came out perfect and I was extremely happy with their work. I highly recommend them!

Christy · Married on 01/17/2016

I was searching everywhere for a stylist who could somehow achieve my very specific vintage 20s/40s inspired style and was so impressed by PinMeUp Hair's portfolio. They scheduled me for a trial within a week or two and managed to do what no one else had been able to do! Erica really understands vintage styling and how to create the waves and sculpting that I wanted without weighing down my fine hair or making it crunchy. Plus, Carissa did an amazing job on my makeup-- from the airbrush foundation to the flirty lashes. Both of them tried multiple looks until I was happy with the final product.
    On my wedding day, they were a blast to have in the bridal room. They did great work on my mom and maid of honor and executed my natural-glam, vintage look flawlessly. Can't recommend them highly enough. Thanks, ladies!

Elin · Married on 01/08/2016

I was having difficulty finding a vendor to do vintage-inspired hair for my wedding until I came across Erica via a Google search (I don't think she was on Wedding Wire at the time). Erica was absolutely amazing! After having my trial with her there wasn't a doubt in my mind that she was the one. Erica is really good at what she does and certainly took some time to hear my vision before executing. My hair came out even better on my wedding day, it looked absolutely gorgeous (and stayed up perfectly the whole 14-hour day)! Erica arrived on time (5 a.m.) and was able to get my giant bridal group plus my mother done all before 11 a.m. Aside from her incredible work, Erica is a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend her for any of your special events!

Anna · Married on 12/12/2015

Erica and Carissa were absolutely lovely to work with on my special day. Their expertise in their fields combined with their attentive and amazing personalities were everything I could have asked for. I would highly recommend this duo for anyone and for any occasion

Amanda · Married on 11/20/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Erica and the services that she provided to me and my bridesmaids for our wedding. Not only is she so incredibly sweet and professional, she is ridiculously talented. I wanted a vintage type of body wave and all of my bridesmaids wanted retro styles to go with their retro style dresses and makeup! Erica exceeded our expectations and everyone looked GORGEOUS. She is so great at pin-up styles but also non pin up styles as she did my sisters in law and mother in law beautifully as well. Her prices are very affordable for the bride and also bridesmaids. Overall, it was a great experience and I am so happy to have met Erica as she is such a lovely person!

Nikki · Married on 10/31/2015

Working with PinMeUp was so awesome! They really know how to listen to what you want which is SUPER important and create that for you in your look. I was so psyched to find them because I did want a more retro, vintage with a twist feel and not many stylists and artists specialize in that style. Carissa and Erica REALLY take the time to understand what look you want, I can be really picky so it was great to have a team that took the time to communicate with me and make sure I was happy. Which I definitely was, I felt really beautiful and like "me". And Carissa and Erica work really well together and they were so much fun to hang with, truly awesome girls to have doing my hair and makeup on such a chaotic day!

Carissa was EXACTLY what I was looking for! I had spoken to a few make up artist prior to her and it just didn't click. In the first few moments of our conversation she knew exactly what I was striving for and accomplished it beautifully. On the day of time was an issue on my part (of course) but Carissa handled herself incredibly professionally. Would absolutely work with her again in the future.

Margie · Married on 08/28/2015

Erica did my hair at my niece's wedding
    I was extremely reluctant being that I have very thick hair
    which is difficult to style
    She did such an amazing job and she made the experience fun at the same time
    PS my niece and her 6 bridesmaids all looked so beautiful
    I would definately recommend Erica from PinMeUp Haiir

Jessica · Married on 07/24/2015

Erica at PinMeUp Hair & Makeup is absolutely amazing. I am SO glad I chose to go with her on my wedding day for hair. My mom, bridal party and myself couldn't have been happier with Erica's work and attention to detail. Since my bridal party live all over the country, they didn't have an opportunity to have Erica do a trial for them. Erica asked them to bring a picture with them and she was able to make their vision happen without any trials! On the day of my wedding, I was going to go with my hair done as Erica and I discussed, but was so excited when she pulled out a beautiful piece of jewelry to put into my hair. It worked perfectly and I get so many compliments on her added touch. Erica is professional and also a joy to be around when you might be feeling full of nerves on the big day. If I had to choose my hair stylist all over again, I would always go with Erica from PinMeUp Hair & Makeup!

Vanessa · Married on 07/11/2015

Erica from PinMeUp Hair did a super job hair-styling for my wedding. She listened to my picky requests and created a polished vintage bridal look for me -- all at a low cost. As a versatile stylist, she also provided lovely formal styles that were more traditional for a few of my family members. She also brought in a great makeup artist, Carissa, who helped complete the perfect bridal look. Both gals were a joy to work with and helped ease my wedding day nerves. I highly recommend PinMeUp Hair.

Michelle · Married on 02/21/2015

Not often do you find a stylist that can work with many hair types on different bridesmaids and make them all look fabulous ! I have really fine hair and usually it will fall out with any Updo I pick. Erica did my hair at 9 am and it was still in place that night!! Thank you for making our day so special and working your magic !!

Kaitlyn · Married on 05/25/2013

Erica was fantastic!! She created a do thy was unique and extremely fitting for my wedding. Her prices were affordable and definitely a deal for the amazing work. I loved having her hang out while we got ready, she was relaxed, comfortable and fun. Thanks again Erica for being a part of the best day of my life!

Emma · Married on 11/10/2012

Erica did my hair for both of my wedding ceremonies- the first day was a traditional up do with extensions and it was gorgeous. She arrived early at my hotel to make sure everything was perfect and she even stepped in the help with make up too.
    The second day was a more relaxed ceremony for friends and she did an incredible style with full curls (my hair never curls but somehow she did it) and she did the whole thing sitting in a cramped hallway!
    Erica is a pro in a multitude of settings and I can't recommend her highly enough.

Michelke · Married on 10/13/2012

Erica at Pin me up hair was fantastic. I always had a vision of the way I would look on my wedding day. I wanted rock and roll mixed with the class and elegance of the 1950's and she pulled it off. She came to my house to get me ready for my day and to aid in making my wedding photos perfect. She was artistic, fair and super friendly. I would and have recommended her to many and will continue to do so! Cheers Michelle, a very happy bride

tania · Married on 09/03/2011

I did a lot of reseach before i decided to go with Erica. I am very glad and lucky that I did. I was in LOVE with my hairstyle and even crazy about what she did with my 8 bridemaids with thick, long, and lots of hair. Erica arrived on time and went straight to work on the day of the wedding. She did not stop working nor did she take a break (I felt bad). She was more than helpful and absolutely amazing. I had the best looking wedding party ever, thanks to her magic hands.

I would recommend her 100%. I live in upper Manhattan but driving to LI for my trial was worth everything. I immedately knew she was the hairstylist that I woudl be going with, no need to have trials with anyone else. thank you Erica!

• Daisy

Daisy · Married on 06/24/2011

I have to say I am so lucky to have found Erika. She is amazing. I had a pinup themed wedding and she nailed it. My mother, myself and all 8 bridesmaids looked amazing. Erika was even patient with one of the bridesmaids whom later I found out was rude and difficult. So thank you Erika for your patience, hard work, and making us look like movie stars. Also if anyone is interested in getting braids done Erika specializes in that too. You will not regret booking her she is super talented and professional not to mention sweeter than candy!!!! Thanks again!!

Kasia · Married on 08/28/2010

Erica is an amazing artist!!! I came upon her services from a models site where she rendered her services for model shoots. I didn't contact her based on the fact that she did raising stars hair and make up but because her portfolio was amazing!!!!! I wanted a new fresh look for my event and just had to have Erica be a part of it. Erica made my entire bachelorette party (17 girls!!!!!!!!) into 1940's pin up vixens!! We looked so good that after we finished our photo shoot and went out on the town we had everyone stop us and ask where we all came from! It was an amazing night!!! The only reason she didn't do my hair for my wedding was because she was already committed that day for another event. I did recommend Erica for my sister in laws wedding this past August however. Again, Erica didn't disappoint. It was a completely different look this time around and we all felt fabulous! The pictures are there to prove it! In addition to her talent, Erica is just a great person! I have kept in touch with her since 2010 (when we met) and how many people can say that! I recommend Erica for any and every function you have. She is truly an artist and can make you look like whatever you want! I will continue using Erica for every fancy event I have going forward and I strongly encourage you to give her a call. It will be the best hair decision you will make!

Nicole · Married on 01/24/2009

I've had the pleasure of doing business with PinMeUp Hair multiple times over the past number of years for my bachelorette party, wedding, my best friend's wedding and numerous other occasions. Very competitively priced, great customer service, always punctual.

Sara · event on: 11/12/2015

I am a photographer and Erica did my client's hair for a "pin-up" photo shoot. She was right on time, very efficient and did a great job styling my client's hair! She is definitely my "go-to" when it comes to doing those classic, retro hairstyles! She's also a very sweet and friendly person too!