Photography G Reviews

35 | Denver, CO

35 Reviews for Photography G

Christopher · Married on 05/26/2018

Garrett did an outstanding job photographing my proposal to my then girlfriend, now fiancé. I wanted to capture the event digitally so my fiancé and I would have photos to share and look back on. I remember calling Garrett and explaining to him at a high-level what I wanted to do and that it was going to take place at City Park in Denver. He strongly suggested that we meet in advance at the proposal location to plan out the surprise together. Garrett was very professional; he walked me through the best photography spots for the time of time of day to ensure lighting was perfect. We discussed different angles and Garrett provided plenty of coaching to ensure I would be standing in the right spot and that I had my girlfriend on the correct side of me. I wanted to minimize her suspicion as much as possible so Garrett came up with a great idea to involve his assistant and his dog to serve as ‘cover’. He acted as if he was taking photos of the two of them but all the while he was secretly photographing me walk my girlfriend through the park to the proposal spot we had picked out during our planning session.

After the proposal we rented paddle boats and Garrett took some more great photos of us out on the pond. Less than a week later Garrett had all of our photos ready and the came out spectacular! We were very pleased with how they turned out and we are excited for all of our future photography needs because we know that Garrett has us covered.

Sent on 07/02/2017

Photography G's reply:

Hi Chris. That was so much fun hatching the plan with you and then executing. And what a beautiful evening to go with two beautiful people! Love being there to tell your story right from the start. I look forward to continuing to capture the story in photographic art :)

Emily · Married on 04/07/2018

Working with Garrett was AWESOME! My fiance arranged for him to photograph our proposal. I was completely unaware of what was going on, but as we were walking around the pond at City Park and I saw a woman (Kellie) being photographed with her dog by a photographer with a legit camera - I thought it was cute, but also strange. My fiance led us over to the spot that him and Garrett had arranged and then proposed. Kellie was a decoy so that I didn't unravel the plan before the big moment, ha!!

We had a great time taking pictures all around City Park, including on the paddle boats. The photos are fantastic and we couldn't have been more pleased!

I cannot wait to line up Garrett for our wedding!

Sent on 07/02/2017

Photography G's reply:

Emily, you and Chris are as cute as couples get. What a lovely bride you are going to be! Love being there to tell your story right from the start.

C · Married on 09/23/2017

I highly recommend Photography G for wedding photography! We chose them over the many other wedding photographers out there since Garrett has a background getting amazing shots of musicians at concerts, and we really like his vibe and his attention to high-quality, timeless photography. We trusted that he would capture the emotion and essence of our wedding way without relying on editing tricks or asking us to take undue time out from our party to pose for photos.

Garrett and Kellie made the entire experience super easy. Modeling/posing for pictures doesn't come naturally to either me or my husband, but they coached us through some beautiful solo and couple shots before the wedding and made us feel very at ease (and beautiful!). They knew all sorts of trails and photogenic areas around Red Rocks that made for some truly amazing pics. Garrett and Kellie were very unobtrusive during the ceremony and reception, but we knew they were there capturing great shots. We didn't have to wait very long after the big day to get our photos back, and we were really blown away by the emotion they captured and how beautiful and timeless each photo was. Thank you, Garrett, Kellie, and Photography G team for your quality service and for capturing the sweetest essence of a huge and emotional day in our lives!

Lorraine · Married on 09/23/2017

Photography G is the best! Garrett Hacking and his associate Kellie did a wonderful job at our daughter's wedding. Their work is exceptional.
    Since the wedding was at Red Rocks, we wanted to make sure that they captured the natural beauty of this place. We were not disappointed.
    The venue was stunning and it showed in the photographs. It's amazing how Garrett and Kellie included so many unique moments. Our daughter and her husband felt so at ease throughout the day. Garrett consulted with them ahead of time and responded quickly when they had questions. He is truly an "award-winning" photographer and was wonderful to work with as well.
    Thank you, Garrett and Kellie, for all your efforts! Your photography is exceptional. Again, our daughter's wedding was a day we will always remember. You were able to capture all the excitement and joy in so many beautiful photographs!

Nick · Married on 08/10/2017

Garret was amazing, he arrived plenty early, needed little direction and got right to work. My bride and I felt very at ease with him and the photos he took are incredible. Highly recommend and we will use him again.

Joshua · Married on 10/08/2016

We both loved Garret. He took amazing photos and provided them quickly. Would definitely recommend him for any event.

Sun Mi · Married on 10/08/2016

We initially met Garrett at a small tasting at Red Rocks, our wedding venue. We weren't sold on him immediately at the tasting, although his pictures were great. After shopping around, we thought we should at least meet Garrett to see if he could offer us exactly what we wanted. Also my husband really liked the leatherbound matted photo box that Garrett offers. Garrett showed us even more photos which were more our style (not too posed, more storytelling). We were sold. Some things we liked about Garrett over other wedding photography groups: he's very passionate about photography; he's responsive via email and phone; it's his own company; he does a lot of photography outside of weddings; he's very flexible but is punctual; his wedding photos did not have that Instagram-y blurry filtered look (just add your own later if you want!) and were beautiful on their own; his studio meeting was better than the others; and his dog Schultz is awesome! On the day of the wedding, Garrett and his assistant Kelly were extremely easy to work with. I'm not a planning personality type by any means but everything went A-okay! We chose to get the package with the box set and thumb drive... wow, everything looks great! The lighting, the moments he captured, just wow!

If you're looking for a photographer in the Denver area, you should definitely schedule a meeting with Garrett. Don't base your decision on a phone call or a tasting interaction. Just get straight to business, meet him at his studio, and look at his photos! He will have something you're looking for!!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Photography G's reply:

Thanks Sun Mi! It's really nice to hear what resonates for people, especially Schulz!

Kristen · Married on 08/06/2016

Garrett will be our family photographer for all our life events. He feels like an extension of our family. It was easy to tell that he cares from the very beginning! We are so glad we were able to have Garrett as the photographer for our special day and engagement photos. He is very organized, professional and creative. We LOVE every single photo he took, and we will cherish them forever!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Photography G's reply:

I love being a "part of the family" and feel it too. I am excited to be there as the story unfolds through the years. Blessings to you and your lovely family!

Donna · Married on 08/06/2016

I can not imagine my daughter's wedding day without Garrett Hacking at Photography G. From the moment I first spoke to Garrett on the phone, I knew he was passionate about his work. His unwavering commitment to capture those unforgettable moments will bring peace to you on this priceless day. Garrett's work is pure perfection! We intend for Garrett to be a lifelong part of our growing family. We were truly blessed to have Garrett at Photography G be a part of this special day! Thank you Garrett! We love you!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Love you all!

Michelle · Married on 07/29/2016

We chose Garrett for our outdoor Colorado wedding and we couldn't be more thrilled with how well our pictures turned out! The special moments of our day were captured beautifully thanks to Photography G.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Photography G's reply:

Thanks Michelle. That was an amazing day filled with amazing people!

Even though we were from out-of-state, the day went off without a hitch and the photos turned out great! Garrett even captured some pictures we would have never expected!

I've had the pleasure of getting to know Garrett outside the photography world and hands down, he's a wonderful individual to know and work with, personally and professionally! We had a destination wedding and a separate reception a couple weeks later. Garrett photographed our local wedding reception and he was able to accomplish in a short timeframe what would normally happen over the course of an entire day. I wish we had more time to get more photos with him! We had a garden reception and Garrett did a great job of capturing so much of the natural beauty of the surroundings and finding great spots for our posed shots. The quality of Garrett's work really speaks for itself and any bride would be lucky to have photos from Garrett!

Rachel · Married on 08/07/2015

As my husband and I were looking for a photographer, Garrett at Photography G was recommended to us by a friend. He seemed to be everything that we were looking for. We wanted someone who had good experience with weddings and had an uncanny ability to capture the captive moments. Garrett was a fly on the wall. Very unobtrusive and not a "strike-a-pose" photographer. He captured our day exactly the way we wanted with his camera. Garrett exceeded our expectations. Not even a step down the isle was slowed due to him being in the way. His ideas for group shots along with individual shots turned into amazing works of art. He along with his assistant worked well with the large group of people in both of our families and did not just concentrate on the wedding party. We are elated to have had the pleasure of not only getting to know him through the planning process and execution of our wedding, but also pleased to call him a friend and will call on him in the future for any photography needs, regardless of competition's price. He is a wonderful man and a great photographer. We would not recommend anyone else over Garrett and look forward to the next time we get to work with him. Thank you Garrett.

Respectfully,
    Rachel and Josh Burney

Leslie · Married on 06/20/2015

Garrett did an exceptional job on our wedding. The pictures are beautiful and captured the feelings and emotions of the wedding. I would highly recommend him.

Garrett Hacking was recommended to my fiancé and I by our wedding venue. My fiancé had a little more experience with how to choose photographers but I just wanted to find someone that had the same expectation and knew what they were doing, because I didn’t. Immediately after meeting with Garret, I knew that he knew exactly what photos to take and I was not disappointed on our wedding day. He captured the most amazing photos of me and my bride, my family, my military buddies and our guests. I would recommend Photography G in a heartbeat.

When I first walked into Photography G’s office and saw all the wonderful photographs I knew that he was the photographer that I wanted. He spent about an hour with us explaining the different light techniques that he would use, including short site lighting, and what we would expect the day of the wedding, and this was before we hired him. We knew that if he was going to take that much time beforehand that he would make sure our wedding day was a priority.

Because our wedding time was later in the day we knew that we wouldn’t have time for the first glance going down the aisle but we wanted that moment to be special. Garrett choreographed my fiancé to be waiting just perfectly around the corner, and he took the perfect photo of my fiancé looking up at me for the first time in my wedding dress. And not only did he make that moment special he made sure to have that same moment with my dad and mom. These are the moments that I will remember for the rest of my life and Garrett captured them amazing!

And the best part was he gave us not just a wedding photo album but a beautiful black box that contained each of our photos on felt weave paper, this enabled me to hang my photos up around my house so that everyone is able to see that day, seven months later.

I was so impressed by Garrett’s talent on the first day, on my wedding day, and the photos that came later, I can’t wait to have him photograph us on our first year anniversary. Thank you Garrett!

Rikki · Married on 09/07/2014

Garrett was the perfect photographer for our wedding day! He was an absolute pleasure to work with both before, during, and after the wedding and he truly did an amazing job! He was so easy to talk with to plan the shots we needed, help us select which package to use, and plan the timeline of the day which definitely eased a lot of pre-wedding stress. During the wedding itself, Garrett put both of us at ease and let us just be ourselves while he took photos. I have been to several weddings since my own, and I have noticed that the hallmark of a true photographer is someone who doesn't try to create a moment, but simple captures the moment naturally. Garrett is absolutely phenomenal at doing this, and as a result our wedding photos were absolutely gorgeous. Thanks Garrett!!

Sent on 12/28/2014

Photography G's reply:

Rikki, you and Ryan were so genuine throughout, you made my work an absolute pleasure to create. Thank you!

sally · Married on 08/16/2014

Garrett did an awesome job. I really don't like to be photographed but understood the importance of having great wedding pictures. Garrett was patient with me and helped me stick to the photo list we agreed upon even when I didn't feel like taking any more. Garrett took tons of candid photos even though I barely remember seeing him there, he is great at getting a shot without being in the way. All the photos turned out beautiful

Sent on 12/28/2014

Photography G's reply:

Thanks Sally! Glad you didn't mind my gentle nudging. You'll have precious images for a lifetime :O)

Ciara · Married on 06/14/2014

Amazing eye for capturing the best moments. Garrett has extraordinary customer service and we are so happy with our wedding photos. He really worked with us to capture what we wanted.

We love the photo album, very high quality and so special to be able to show our friends and family. Some of our photos were even featured in our venue's magazine! Amazing experience. We highly recommend G Photography to everyone and can't wait to use him again for future important life events.

Sent on 12/29/2014

Photography G's reply:

Thanks Ciara. It was a special day indeed and I loved working with you and Bill throughout the entire experience!

Branden · Married on 06/08/2014

Garrett has been a professional associate of mine for many years now and when it came time to choose our wedding photographer there was no question. Every photograph tells a unique story and captures the essence of the moment. My wife and I love the way G brings depth and charisma to his compositions - even when capturing seemingly obscure instances.

Garrett and his lovely assistant Kelly braved a hefty rain storm on our wedding day and the results were fantastic! Thanks G!

Sent on 12/23/2014

Photography G's reply:

Thanks Branden! You and Caitlin were a blast to work with. And that was the loveliest rainy day ever :O)

Caitlin · Married on 06/08/2014

Our outdoor wedding was greeted by torrential rain, but Garrett and his assistant braved the elements and exceeded our expectations. He captured the world surrounding us and brought it to life in our photos. We couldn’t be more pleased that we put our faith and trust into the hands of a true artist.

Sent on 12/30/2014

Faith and trust. Amen!

Lauren · Married on 09/08/2013

We were so lucky to find Garrett. He is an amazing photographer- in ways that my un-artistic mind probably can’t even begin to understand. He took the most beautiful pictures of our big day. There is not a single shot I wish we had that he didn’t get- perfectly. And yet I barely ever saw him the whole night. It’s stunning really. I had some misgivings about our wedding day (nothing to do with Garrett), but as I was looking through the pictures for the first time, it was like all of that washed away. Garrett showed me all the sweet, beautiful moments of our wedding that I had forgotten or not been around to see. He captured everything; all the emotion, all the fun, and all the spirit. It made me realize just how special our wedding really was. There is no greater gift than that, I assure you.

If his amazing pictures aren’t enough, Garrett is the kind of person you want nearby on your wedding day. I think my favorite thing about having Garrett as our photographer, besides the unbelievable photos, is how grateful I was to have him around. He has such a calm, go-with-the-flow energy; sometimes just looking at him behind the camera would help me remember to breath and relax. He made the atmosphere laid-back and everything felt smooth and simple; yet another amazing gift on a crazy wedding day. We are very grateful for Garrett and feel very lucky to have found him.

Jake · Married on 09/08/2013

Garrett was everything we could have hoped for in a wedding photographer and so much more. Our big day was crazy like only a wedding day could be, but the moments that Garrett so masterfully captured are absolutely stunning! We truly had an artist capturing our special day and it is clearly evident in the photos. During our honeymoon, we kept saying it felt like a dream and it wasn’t until we got home and saw Garrett’s beautiful pictures that it finally became a reality for us.

We couldn’t be more pleased with the end result. Garrett has this calm demeanor that made having hundreds of pictures taken of my bride and I so much easier. And that made all the difference in the world. He was there happy and content at every interaction. And he patiently wrangling our family and friends together for pictures, which is no easy task. He knows how to work a camera and a crowd. He really knows how to make everyone feel at ease and comfortable, even young kids. My nieces loved Garrett. The photos he takes are just breathtaking! Just breathtaking! We are so please we decided on Garrett and now we feel fortunate to have such amazing pictures to cherish our big day for the rest of our lives. He is, hands down, the best!

Caitlin · Married on 08/31/2013

As a wedding coordinator I have worked with many photographers and Garett has definitely stood out in my book! I originally met him at a tasting at Red Rocks. He was so nice and upbeat and I was hoping we would end up working together. A couple of mine hired him for their big day and I can’t say enough about his photos, they’re unbelievable! Half the time I didn’t even notice him (as it should be) but when the pictures came back he had captured everything! He recently welcomed me to come over to visit and see some of his work and again, I was mind blown. I walked by one specific picture and was taken back, I mentioned what an amazing shot it was and he said, “This is the shot when I realized this is what I should do for a living!” I would highly recommend Garett for any event, especially to capture what should be one of the best days of your lives!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Photography G's reply:

Thanks Caitlin. You knock it out of the park. Can't wait for the next events we do together!

Amber · Married on 07/20/2013

Amazing, amazing photography!!! Thank you so much for catching every perfect moment that we missed. Garrett was all over the place. He was on the ground taking action shots...hiding in places I didn't even know he was there. Couldn't have found a better photographer. Thank you Photography G!!!!!