Photography by Jewels Reviews

47 Reviews for Photography by Jewels

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

47 Photography by Jewels Reviews

Rebecca · Married on 06/02/2018

We found out about Jewels through the “suggested photographers” list that The Four Seasons provided for us. I went through the list and visited the websites of all the photographers on the list and Jewels was hands down our first choice. We went in to meet with her and felt an instant connection. She was fun, personable and professional. I was extremely nervous for our engagement session because I am the opposite of photogenic and truth be told, my (now) husband has a tendency to be a little awkward in photos as well. Jewels and her crew made us feel so comfortable and we had so much fun frolicking around downtown Denver that the vibe was able to come through in the photos and we absolutely loved how they turned out! Fast forward to our wedding day and it was the same vibe. My husband and I didn’t want to see each other before the ceremony and Jewels was more than on top of making sure that didn’t happen. She got such a great variety of photos of the bridal party and so much of the ceremony’s details (I wanted to drill a hole in the wall so I could watch the whole thing prior to when I walked in) but was able to live it out via our photos and our video. After the ceremony she was so courteous of everyone’s time and didn’t take it all up taking pictures. We were able to get pictures with our giant bridal party and even more giant family and still have plenty of time to be present in our reception-where she captured all the details of as well. I don’t know how she did it, but Jewels was able to put together a slideshow of the day to show at the reception and it was a hit! I was just shocked at how well our photos turned out. The pictures of my handsome husband take my breath away every time I look at them. Our wedding video is hands down the best wedding video I have ever seen, seriously! We are beyond happy with having Jewels as our photographer and got so many compliments on our photos and countless people asked who our photographer was. THANK YOU JEWELS!!!!

Karie · Married on 01/28/2018

Jewels is absolutely amazing. She did our wedding photos at the Clock Tower. We live in Dallas and Jewels made everything so easy to do long distance.

She did my hair and makeup along with the hair and makeup of my bridesmaids and officiant. Everybody looked gorgeous and it was super easy hanging out with Jewels all day.

Our wedding pictures are stunning. The lighting, poses, and creativity in all of the pictures are just beautiful. She made sure that we got all of the poses we wanted and then she worked her magic to give us even more. Everybody who has seen the pictures says that they look like they should be a spread in a wedding magazine. She was the perfect fit for our wedding and we couldn't be happier!!

Photography by Jewels 1
    Photography by Jewels 2
    Photography by Jewels 3

Moira · Married on 09/22/2017

Hands down the coolest chick you'll ever meet! She has that awesome personality, and her style is super awesome! Her work is beautiful, and the cinematic feel of her work gives your pictures the feeling of love! We wanted the best, and let me tell you, she was beyond the BEST out there! We will definitely use Jewels for other work in the future! <3

Candace · Married on 09/16/2017

Jewels is Awsome, very responsive with an excellent eye for light, settling and composition. We plan to use her again for family photos. I love her style

Kaitlin · Married on 09/09/2017

Jewels was AMAZING! She got every shot we were hoping for and then some. She did our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos, and she made both sessions a lot of fun and very relaxed. On our wedding day she got all of our first look and wedding party photos done very quickly, and we were able to relax and wait for the ceremony to begin. All of my friends and family loved Jewels and her team and were in love with all of the photos we got back. I couldn’t be happier and would recommend Jewels to ANYONE.

Photography by Jewels 4
    Photography by Jewels 5

Emily · Married on 09/02/2017

We absolutely love Jewels and her work! She photographed my sister-in-laws wedding in August of 2016 and when my husband and I got engaged we knew we had to have her photograph our wedding too. She is very talented at what she does. We love her creativity and quality of her work. Jewels is very responsive, flexible, and professional. My favorite part of our wedding was when Jewels put together a slideshow of the pictures she had taken of our wedding and showed it to everyone during our reception. It was so special to be able to share that with everyone. We were impressed with how quick our engagement and wedding photos came back to us. We definitely recommend Jewels and will be using her for any future photo opportunities!

Amber · Married on 08/26/2017

Let me start off by saying Jewels was not only the most professional and prompt photographer that I’ve ever meet but she made our engagement and wedding shoot so much fun. She got us our photos back in a timely matter and even made a slide show for my family who couldn’t be there. She goes beyond what a typical photographer would do for you. She has an eye for the small details and her candids were the ones that brought a laugh or a tear to my eye. She’s truly a artist and has her full heart in all her photos.

RaeLynn · Married on 08/18/2017

I actually used Jewels for a Boudoir photo shoot as a wedding gift for my husband. I was nervous at first as I hadn't done anything like it before, but Jewels was amazing! She made me feel so comfortable, she didn't force me to do anything I didn't want to do, and she was so flexible. My whole experience with Jewels was great from communication, to the photo shoot in itself, to the finished product. I highly recommend Jewels for all photography needs.

Sarah · Married on 08/20/2016

Jewels is INCREDIBLE! Not only did she capture absolutely gorgeous engagement and wedding photographs, but she truly took the time to get to know me, my husband and our family members. She was calling everyone by their first name and knew exactly who went with who (and that is quite a task- we have a MASSIVE family and had a 20 person bridal party). She even arranged our family pictures to accommodate the fact that we had older grandparents who could not stand for long, so she got the photographs with them done first and quickly so they could sit down faster. She gave an amazing slide show presentation of our photographs from the day at our reception which was truly one of the highlights of the evening as you obviously cannot wait to see your wedding day photos! We had our photo reveals within a month and she had the negatives on a flash drive ready to go for me that day. I was absolutely thrilled at how fast I got my wedding photographs!! I get compliments every day on our wedding photos and I have friends and family constantly asking who our photographer was. Go with Jewels as your wedding photographer it will be the best decision you make for your wedding!

Jewels is absolutely amazing! Not only does she take gorgeous pictures but she also makes you feel comfortable and confident. Jewels took our engagement and wedding pictures. Our wedding was just last week so we've only seen a few pictures but so far they are beyond STUNNING and we can't wait to see the rest! If you book Jewels I guarantee you will not be disappointed. We are hoping to stay friends with Jewels for years to come and plan to use her again in the future!!

Tanesa · Married on 10/10/2015

Working with Jewels was such a joy from start to finish. Myself and my new husband can both get shy when a lot of attention is on us and with the pressure of wanting to make sure every picture would turn out perfect on our special day had us both so nervous. Jewels felt like a friend that we had known for a long time from the moment we met her so when we got to the wedding day we instantly felt comfortable with her behind the camera. We are still getting comments from our family, wedding party and even our guests how much they enjoyed her professionalism and how enjoyable she was to be around. She kept us on schedule (even ahead of schedule!) and everything felt so organized. I would hire Jewels Gray over and over again and I would recommend Jewels without any doubt that she will blow you away. You're crazy not to use this amazing artist to capture your most special moments.

Marian · Married on 06/27/2015

Jewels does not just photograph but does excellent hair and makeup work as well. A friend of a friend referred her and I am so satisfied with her services. I have problem skin, and Jewels reassured me of how she can work with that. She was mentally and physically reassuring, which is what a bride needs on her big day and the weeks leading up. Jewels made me look and feel SO beautiful. I had a few requests based on our trial together and she graciously received them and made me look better than I ever expected. I smile whenever I see my wedding pictures knowing I felt and looked my best thanks to Jewels.

Jennie · Married on 09/13/2014

I was lucky enough to meet this talented woman at one of my closest friend's wedding and was truly impressed with both her professionalism and the quality of her work. I would definitely recommend her!

Jaymie · Married on 09/13/2014

My now-husband and I hired Jewels to photograph our wedding in Northern California. Even though she lives in Denver, I’ve followed her work for many years and knew she was the only one that I could imagine documenting this memorable event for us. From the moment she arrived at the rehearsal dinner, to the time she wrapped up our final portraits, Jewels was on-point, professional, creative, and eager to please. Her hard work shined through in each of our pictures. Jewels is incredibly talented and just so fun to work with! Everyone at my wedding and reception absolutely loved her and have been gushing over our pictures since we received them!. An added bonus to having Jewels being a part of our wedding was that she’s a certified make-up artist and hair stylist – my mom and I took advantage of her talent here and we both felt beautiful and were so happy with the results. I can’t thank or recommend Jewels enough! I’ll always be so grateful for the beautiful pictures she took for us and for the memories she helped us make!

When looking for a wedding photographer we wanted someone fun, enthusiastic, creative, and different than just sun flares & rainbows. I stumbled upon Jeff & Jewels Photography through my "Denver Wedding Photography" image search and let me be honest, we fell in love with their work. After meeting with Jewels, we fell in love with the whole package.

You want to feel comfortable with anyone who will be taking pictures of you, even more so when you get real awkward for photos… me more than my husband. We started with our engagement photos up at Red Rocks. They turned out awesome I should add! Jeff and Jewels were so helpful in directing us through the whole shoot that it just was a fun afternoon on a sunny, fall day.

Once the wedding came along Jeff and Jewels were great. Jewels did such a good job at keeping tabs on everything that was happening and made sure everything did happen! They were great at getting that natural smile to shine through as well as catching things in the moment; like that smooch mark on my dads cheek right before he wiped it off.

After everything was said and done Jeff and Jewels became our friends and we were so happy to have gotten the pleasure to work with them. We highly recommend Jeff & Jewels Photography for any professional photography services.

Summer · Married on 09/28/2013

Jeff and Jewels were the perfect choice for our wedding. We met with another photographer first, and I just got a strange vibe. The moment we met with Jewels I knew I wanted them to be the ones. I hate being photographed and was nervous that would show through. Luckily, they were so professional and both had great attitudes and gave perfect direction. They found fun, unique ideas for shots, and it felt like we were hanging out with friends. We just got our photos last week, and I couldn't be happier. They're fantastic!

Jeff and Jewels were a pleasure to work with. Both are very professional, respectful, and flexible with their time and services. We would absolutely recommend them to anyone seeking artistic, creative, and beautiful photos.

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2012

I can't say enough about Jeff and Jewels of Gray Photography! Our engagement pictures and wedding photos are stunning! That's what you want when you a hire a photographer...However, you even get more when you work with Jeff and Jewels! It feels like you are working with a professional version of your best friends or family. They are the most friendly, encouraging and down to earth photographers I have ever met! They are true artists, able to create and capture a story that comes to life as you view their work. They listen to what you want, offer suggestions and truly go above and beyond. They offer wonderful packages and top of the line products. The pictures you have of specials moments in life are truly priceless so ensure you hire the best and contact Gray Photography. You will be very happy that you did!

Bethany · Married on 10/04/2012

The wedding went by so fast that I want to hit rewind and replay. I'm very pleased that I have such amazing pictures to look back on. There were details from the wedding day that I didn't even notice until we got the pictures back. Thanks to Jeff and Jewels who captured all the little details!

Heather · Married on 06/11/2012

Gray Photography by Jeff & Jewels was amazing to work with from start to finish. Visitng with them in their beautiful home studio to discuss the event and travel details was a great way to start; seeing examples of their work made it an easy decision to select them for our Wedding in Mexico. Prior to arrival, and on their own accord, the pair scouted some fabulous and unique places to do a day after photo shoot of just the two of us and we are thrilled with the end result. Throughout the day of the ceremony and reception, we were continually impressed with their organized and professional approach in directing various people for the photos he or she was required to be in at our request. Especially the group photo following the ceremony! It's one of our favorites, it really captured the energy of our entire group that made the effort to travel down to Mexico and celebrate with us. Lastly, Jewels did an amazing job on my hair and make-up three different times, I have never looked more beautiful. :-)

Larry · Married on 05/31/2012

Didn't even know they were there during the event. Afterwords had a great eye for getting the family shots and some awesome candid keep sake photos. Beforehand we had mentioned some of the things that we liked about the location but once you get there and everything is happening it is easy to forget to consider some of the initial thoughts you had... Jeff and Jewels were very concious of placement and I was blown away at the back grounds they were able to capture and the overall compositions. We feel very fortunate that they were there to figure out the best placement to reach our objectives. It definitly shows in the pics! Very accomodating to our craziness and overall a real pleasure to have be a part of our family for the day!

Jennifer · Married on 04/30/2012

This company is not only exceptionally skilled at their profession, but they are flexible, fun, and genuinely a pleasure to work with. I can see going back to the Grays for years to come.

Toby · Married on 09/04/2011

Jeff and Jewels photographed our daughter's wedding at Planet Bluegrass in Lyons. They were wonderful to work with. Jeff always returned my phone calls immediately and was very patient in answering all of my concerns. During the ceremony and reception they were unobtrusive but able to capture every moment. The only problem is choosing which pictures we want for the album since they are all beautiful. I would also recommend Jewels for make-up. She listened to how we wanted to look (natural)and was a pleasure to work with as well.

Gordon · Married on 08/28/2011

Being an amateur photographer, I received all the wedding photogs we interviewed with serious scepticism. All of the photographers had their lucky "money shots" that they put out proudly on display, but I know from experience that that doesn't say much. We all get lucky with the camera now and again.

So, I put them all to the test and asked to see three full wedding albums that they had done. Night and day - this is definitely what separates the big dogs from the rookies. After reviewing Gray Photography's three weddings, my fiancee and I made the decision to use them based on quality, value and style. We didn't want the same old BS Kodak wedding photos, we wanted something classic but original. So, based on what we saw, we went with Jeff and Jewels Gray.

My finacee and I were both put at ease when we sat down for our first meeting with them. Very down to earth, patient, and receptive to our ideas. Another thing I really liked is that everything in their display room screamed creativity. They had a personal creative touch on everything around them - always a good sign of a good artist.

At the ceremony they had the perfect amount of presence. Not too invasive, but managed to get all the obligatory family shots quickly and effectively. Being wedding pros, they helped with everything really - always providing direction on things we were clueless about.

When we got our photos, we were blown away. There were well over 200 amazing photos to choose from. Seriously, we are still trying to determine which ones we want to print. I was genuinely amazed by how many great photos they got of us, our family and all of our guests.

We can't say enough about Gray Photography - Jeff and Jewels are awesome, and like family to us now. If this testimonial doesn't say enough, just check our wedding out on their website. We're Shirley and Gordon - Mi Amor. Enjoy your day!

• F

Laurie · Married on 06/18/2011

Jewels and Jeff were amazing to work with. They did a great job on our photos and were wonderfu with our children.