Photography by Betty Elaine Reviews

30 | Seattle, WA

30 Reviews for Photography by Betty Elaine

• Carmen

Carmen · Married on 09/07/2020

Betty was incredible and truly made our pandemic wedding a thing to remember

Betty was incredibly flexible and responsive to our ever changing needs. We truly appreciated her safety measures and great care she took throughout.

Our wedding was on a day when the wild fires were raging and the wind was insane but Betty was still able to capture breathtaking photos.

Her knowledge of the area was so appreciated, we had to change our wedding location due to Covid at the last minute and did not know any, really. Betty was able to find such amazing locations-- we even found a herd of Buffalo, which made made Husband incredibly happy!

Thank you so much for all you did to help us capture this incredible day. I would recommend Betty to anyone in the Seattle area looking for an amazingly sweet and talent photographer.

Our photos turned out absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 01/21/2021

Daniel B. · Married on 10/14/2019

Above and beyond in every way

Having Betty do photography for our elopement wedding was the best choice we could have made. Due to the location, her husband Matt assisted her on the day. They did so much more then expected in every way to make our wedding a great success. From driving us up a mountain to providing snacks and drinks to having warm scarves available, Betty thought of everything that we hadn't considered. She has such a passion for photography that she was still taking pictures after the allotted hours were up and we love the bright and vibrant preview pictures we received early. Betty and Matt are fantastic humans who are a pleasure to talk with and we got along really well. I cannot recommend Betty enough to anyone who wants a great photographer and a great person at their wedding.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Gretta · Married on 09/28/2019

Betty Rocks!

Betty is simply AMAZING. Starting from the beginning, Betty was always available to talk with us and answer our questions via phone call/text/face time/in person - however we wanted. She's so easy to get along with and work with! We had a very small adventure/elopement style wedding and she went above and beyond to help us plan the entire thing. She looked at all the trail heads with us and even went to scope them out ahead of time to plan out her shots. At one point we changed out plans and she was beyond accommodating and adjusted for us. And Finally - our pictures are nothing short of gorgeous! She did an amazing job capturing our personalities, the dramatic nature backgrounds, and the love bursting out of us on our wedding day! I will ALWAYS recommend Betty as long as you want your wedding day to be fun, easy, and romantic!
    P.S. she sent us a little wedding gift afterwards - so thoughtful!

Sent on 01/04/2020

Kitty G. · Married on 06/12/2019

Simply the best experience we could have hoped for!

From the very beginning working with Betty was great! She is responsive, helpful, and has great ideas. Betty was supportive and a sounding board in my quest to find the right dress for our pictures. Plus, the day of the photoshoot was so much fun! She knew all the best places to take photos and gave us clear instructions on how to pose to get the best shots. It was really a great time.

I still can't stop looking at the finished products, the pictures are fantastic! We didn't realize we could look so good. All of my friends keep asking me who took the photos and are very impressed. We could not be happier to have worked with Betty! We are both very grateful that she shared her photography experience with us and we would recommend her 100%.

Sent on 06/21/2019

E. Freeman · Married on 10/13/2018

Highly Recommend Photography by Betty Elaine

Betty was incredible from our first meeting through follow-up and delivery of our photos! She recently photographed both our engagement shoot and our outdoor wedding, and she was a delight to work with. Betty is truly a professional, and her work exceeded our expectations in every way. She instils immediate trust and confidence, which translates into unbelievable photos that capture the emotion and excitement in a way we never thought possible. Most importantly, Betty made us feel at ease throughout both our engagement shoot and our wedding. She possesses a calm, reassuring demeanor, and we were very fortunate to have her as a part of our special day. Her eye for small but significant details is incredible, and we have had many friends and family comment that she took some of the best wedding photos they have ever seen – we couldn’t agree more!

Sent on 12/08/2018
  • Karly

Karly · Married on 10/12/2018

Betty is a magical wizard!

I am so grateful to have found Betty Elaine Photography! As non-denominational folks with a penchant for small symbolic details, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find someone who understood our aesthetic and requests. Betty totally blew my expectations out of the water! She was not only was incredibly receptive to our ideas, but enhanced them, providing suggestions and recommendations that would make for truly special images. Not only that, she was willing to travel all across the state! It meant so much to be able to work out these logistics to capture the precious places to our lives.

Betty was super professional when it came to prompt communication and scheduling, accessible information about her services, and easy payment options for invoices. She was wonderfully warm and personal when it came to capturing just that little bit of golden hour or the joy in our family's faces during the event. Her thoughtfulness and care in capturing these images is evident in every single picture I received. Our friends, family and we are in constant awe of our engagement and wedding photos! I cannot recommend Betty Elaine Photography and her incredible talent enough. Thank you for everything, Betty!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Matthew · Married on 06/27/2018

We had a good time shooting with Betty. She did a wonderful job and was even able to get us sneak peaks for our reception (which was nice to share with our guests).

In addition she was super nice about taking plenty of photos with our crazy family!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Megan · Married on 06/18/2018

Betty was phenomenal from the moment we booked. She was professional, responsive, and very fun to work with. She captured some amazing shots of our wedding day. We couldn't be more thrilled!

Sent on 07/10/2018
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 10/21/2017

Anniversary/Adventure Session

Betty was an absolute pleasure to work with! She responded promptly to emails and answered all of my questions, and she even helped me coordinate outfits and gave me color suggestions for our location! She was very warm and kind, and she helped ease some of the awkwardness that comes with photo sessions. She listened to my ideas of what I wanted our photos to look like, and she delivered exactly that and more. I was very pleased with the finished product and would highly recommend Betty Elaine to anyone in need of photography.

Sent on 12/22/2020

Elizabeth · Married on 07/29/2017

Planning a wedding 2300 miles away from your location can be tricky, let alone doing it while in graduate school. Betty from day one was not only accommodating, but patient and enthusiastic. Her artistry and talents are apparent in every frame of our wedding day, and her attention to details made me feel confident that she would capture every little thing we wanted to be able to treasure for years to come. We chose Betty because she has an incredible skill in capturing the beauty of the PNW, from our beach-side shots to our backyard reception and our high-rise sunset engagement session. Her versatility and eagerness to get those "super cool" shots truly maker her a phenomenal photographer.

Sent on 08/27/2017

Jessica · Married on 06/03/2017

We loved working with Betty and were incredibly impressed with the quality of the images she captured for us. We did an engagement session as well as wedding day photos, and Betty made us feel comfortable and at ease even though we aren't usually wild about being photographed. She is also superb at wrangling people for photos on the day and is prompt in all her communication. Would highly recommend for any photo occasion you have!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Alicia · Married on 05/20/2017

Betty is such an AMAZING photographer!!

I am so happy that I chose Betty to do our pictures. She is such an amazing photographer and I could not have been happier with how our pictures came out. She took us to Snoqualmie falls and they turned out perfect!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Crystal · Married on 08/28/2016

Betty was beyond amazing to work with. From our very first meeting with her, she was energetic and engaging while still maintaining an aura of professionalism and real know-how in regards to her technology (my husband is a big techie, and he loved that Betty obviously knew her technology and went into detail about how she backs up all her files and keeps everything safe). She did our engagement photos in addition to our wedding (as well as a boudoir sesh for me!), and we loved every second of working with her! She always made us feel comfortable in our own skin (even though we are probably the most awkward couple in front of a camera ever), was a big help in picking out our engagement shoot fashion, and was great at posing us. She always got our photos back to us a week earlier than the estimated time frame in her contract, which was always a nice surprise! Overall, she felt more like a good friend to us than a "vendor," and we look forward to working with her again for other big milestones in the future.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/06/2015

Betty was absolutely amazing to work with! She was extremely organized and flexible with our schedule and timeline. She was easy to communicate with and set is at ease on our wedding day. We got so many amazing photographs and moments captured!

Sent on 11/09/2015
  • JulieR

Julie · Married on 08/22/2015

Betty was absolutely my favorite vendor that we booked for our wedding. I can't imagine sharing our day with anyone else! From the engagement shoot, to the wedding day, to getting our pictures back, to working on our album, Betty is amazing at what she does. She captured every moment of our wedding day, and we even got to spend some time taking pictures at sunset. We got to see our photos in a very timely manner and I can't wait to see the finished product of our album. On top of that, she did an amazing job dealing with my mildly dramatic family. Thanks Betty for making our wedding day even more perfect, and for taking such beautiful pictures for us to cherish forever!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Emily · Married on 08/08/2015

Betty was amazing. Not only does she have a style and skill level unlike others, but she is fun and easy to be around and work with. I have recommended her to everyone I know. My husband and I really loved our pictures, and she captured our big day perfectly. Betty is absolutely wonderful, I hope to be able to work with her again in the future!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Rebecca · Married on 07/18/2015

Betty was so professional before the wedding day and during it, she was very good at getting the family in the right place for photos, and wasn't shy about asking people to move around so she could deliver photos beyond what I expected. The photos are so good and really show the essence of the day and the values of me and my husband . I really couldn't be happier with what was delivered, she was exactly what was needed on the day so that we could get some great memories and everyone has said how great the photos are!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Rowena · Married on 06/20/2015

We could not be happier with our choice of photographer. Betty is an amazing photographer and very professional. Her photographs are works of art displaying natural lighting. Our guests loved our engagement and wedding photos. She truly captured the memories of our wedding day in a story like fashion. If you are looking for a beautiful and unique style of photographs that won't break your budget, I would highly recommend Photography by Betty Elaine.

Sent on 08/28/2015

Without a doubt, one of the most valuable investments we had during our wedding is having Betty document it for us. We have had the chance to work with Betty three times!—engagement session, court house wedding and our wedding reception that came three months after the wedding. And we’ve had the greatest experience on all three!

Betty has a great personality, friendly, easy to talk to and work with. She has a good eye, resourceful and creative and has a gift of capturing moments that are timeless! She was very flexible when we had a last minute venue change for our wedding reception portraits, which we initially wanted taken at a nearby park. At that time, we were ready to go without the portraits since we didn’t show up on the scheduled time, and our guests already started arriving. But, she remained professional and calm and as it turned out, we had the best, most personal portraits taken around our neighborhood, steps away from our home, where we had our wedding reception!

Also, as we did all our wedding planning ourselves, we had the opportunity to directly communicate with Betty throughout the process. She has been very professional since the beginning. She clearly explained her process, followed up as the dates approached and was always responsive when we had questions.

And so if you’re still looking for a wedding photographer and reading this review, please, you’ve already found her!

Sent on 12/20/2015

Kristine · Married on 05/03/2015

Beautifully done photos and received them very quickly after our wedding! Couldn't of asked for anything more.

Sent on 05/12/2015

Katie · Married on 10/04/2014

Betty was wonderful! Even though we were hundreds of miles and several states apart, Betty was always responsive and helpful, even with the tiniest of details and questions.

Prior to our wedding she asked great questions, some of which I hadn't even thought of! I knew she was going to come to our big day prepared and ready to hit the ground running.

On our wedding day she was professional and accommodating to our large wedding party. I felt at ease when she directed our shots, and as self-proclaimed 'unphotogenic people', my husband and I were thankful for that!

Betty was quick to return our images, which was such a welcome surprise! I think I looked through them a million times and keep falling in love with them and the day all over again. Our family and friends continually offer compliments of her amazing work, and we absolutely love some of the candid moments she captured.

Picking a wedding photographer can be a daunting task, so many blogs and galleries to look through, but picking Photography by Betty Elaine was an easy choice and one we are so happy we made!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Megan · Married on 08/31/2014

Betty was absolutely amazing to work with, and there is no one else that I would have trusted with our wedding photography. She captured every aspect of our day perfectly, was the consummate professional, and has an eye for knowing just what angle/background/positioning makes for the most flawless photo.

Sent on 10/21/2014

My husband Quinton and I were SO grateful and thrilled to work with such amazing vendors and even friends, including the talents of Photography by Betty Elaine who has also known Quinton and his family since birth. She really never missed a moment of our big day from getting makeup ready to our first look just inside the mansion, to the ceremony, our incredible getaway on a small yacht, and our visit to the local ice cream parlor after we disembarked from the boat ride! She really captures the richness of the mansion venue as well as the colors in our flowers, decor, and the grounds. Her entire set of edits from our wedding have completely exceeded our expectations! Our friends and family cannot stop raving about them either.

Sent on 09/04/2014

Kayla · Married on 06/14/2014

Betty did an amazing job photographing our engagement & wedding! You will not be disappointed :)

Sent on 07/22/2014

Torrey · Married on 05/10/2014

Betty was a professional throughout from our first meeting on to capturing every important moment in our wedding. She was friendly, fun, and had a great eye in capturing details. She is also skilled at directing people with poses so you aren't left wondering what to do and makes it all look so natural. We are very happy with how both our engagement and wedding photos turned out. Everyone has been so complimentary as well.

Sent on 06/25/2014