Philander Chase Knox Estate Reviews

29 Reviews for Philander Chase Knox Estate

• Nina

Nina · Getting married on 08/22/2020

Meet and Greet

Leigh has been absolutely wonderful to deal with and doesn’t get annoyed if I send 8 emails a day. She responds quickly and with an answer everytime! The grounds are breathtaking and kept in great condition even when an event is not going on. I haven’t even had my wedding yet but I can only imagine how seamless the night is going to go.

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 09/14/2019

Philander is so beautiful

Our wedding was PERFECT! The staff was amazing and Leigh is incredible. She responds to you with any questions you have so quickly and is there for you the entire way throughout the planning process. She felt more like a friend than a wedding event manager. The staff member assigned to me was great and she brought me up two rounds of appetizers while I was stuck getting my bustle done for a half hour and even offered to try and help! Also they were really good with my request to not allow the line for alcohol to get long! They started to usher around beers to get the line down! It made all the difference. The only negative I would say is that at the tasting you only get the taste the options you choose, but I must admit all the food was amazing and everyone raved about our food at the wedding! The pairing appetizers are so cool and were a HUGE hit! The venue is so beautiful and so unique. There are so many picture spots that you don't have to go far for pictures. And the Washington memorial chapel is right around the corner! Look it up its gorgeous and that is where we had our ceremony! Basically I am obsessed with Philander and I wish I could live my wedding day all over again!

Sent on 10/10/2019
  • Annalie

Annalie Mallon · Married on 09/08/2019

Gorgeous Day, Gorgeous Venue, Gorgeous Wedding!!

Our experience with the Philander Chase Knox Estate was beyond amazing from start to finish. From the first tour of the venue with Mark Ryan himself to the last few minutes of our reception, everything was absolutely flawless. Everyone at Robert Ryan was accommodating, friendly, and extremely pleasant to work with. They made the planning process as well as the entire day of the wedding flow so smoothly and efficiently that I never had a worry in the world. Leigh was amazing to work with throughout the planning process, and our day of coordinator Luke was wonderful. The staff, the space, the backdrop of Valley Forge, and of course the FOOD were all amazing. Friends are still raving about how fun and beautiful the night was. Thank you Robert Ryan Catering and Valley Forge for a truly unforgettable wedding!! :)

Sent on 01/24/2020
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 09/07/2019

Best Day Ever!

We had our wedding at Philander Chase Knox on 9/7/19 and couldn’t be happier! The venue was absolutely gorgeous, the staff was amazing, and all our guests were raving about the food! (Seriously- the food was SOO good!!) Leigh was so great! She could not have been more accommodating and helpful throughout the entire planning process, especially with us planning the wedding from Denver! Our day-of coordinator, Luke, was also amazing! He was so helpful and made the whole day go perfectly smooth! Thank you all! It really was our dream wedding!!

Sent on 10/05/2019

Brooke · Married on 09/01/2019

Beautiful Venue!

Beautiful venue that has everything you need, no upgrades or additions necessary! It's a bonus that you can bring your own alcohol, I would definitely take advantage of that as it saved us a lot of money. Leigh was wonderful to work with throughout the planning process. The day of coordinator Luke continuously came up to me that day asking if I needed anything, and there was another employee who overheard me ask a friend to get me a drink and she immediately intercepted asked me what I needed and got it for me! We did have a few minor mishaps, such as no one was there when we dropped off some of our items so family members were confused with where to place them as the doors were locked. Unfortunately, there was some miscommunication resulting in all of the vases and containers for our flowers being thrown away. However, with such a big event it is understanding that some things don't always go as planned. PCK is a wonderful venue, with a great catering company and I would recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Pamela · Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing Experience and Beautiful Wedding

Robert Ryan Catering's PCK venue was absolutely everything we could have hoped for and more. Leigh was our planner and was extremely helpful throughout the year whenever we had questions. She and her entire team are very organized and professional. Planning was a breeze.

The day of, I couldn't have predicted how well everything went. Our day of coordinator, Beth, and the head server, Margie were an incredibly warm and caring presence for me, my husband, and our entire wedding party. It was close to 90 degrees that day, and as the bridal party were outside taking pictures, Margie walked out to us with a tray of waters, ensuring we were taken care of from the minute we walked in the door, to the very end of the night.

The food was incredible. The house and surrounding property are exquisite. We received so many compliments on everything, it made us so proud that we picked the right place!

Sent on 08/09/2019
  • Tayler

Tayler Fay · Married on 05/11/2019

Efficient and Effective

We worked with Leigh and she was so helpful every step of the way planning for such an important day. The day of the wedding went so smoothly thanks to the impeccable catering staff at the venue. I could not imagine a more perfect place to get married!

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Debra

Debra · Married on 04/13/2019

People are raving!

All of our guests can’t stop talking about how beautiful the location was! We couldn’t have asked for anything better

Sent on 04/17/2019

Kelly Halleran · Married on 10/13/2018

Rustic Elegance, Perfect!

This venue is absolutely stunning! It was everything and more that we were looking for. I had spent countless hours looking for something like this in New Jersey but it either couldn't hold our guest count or had huge up front fee that didn't include anything.
    PCK fit the bill, it was rustic, elegant, and the park surrounding it was exquisite. It allowed us to get some of the most amazing photos for our big day. The tent behind the house was perfect, it had that perfect ambiance to it. There's no other way to describe the whole venue other than perfect.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Kate · Married on 09/15/2018

We had our daughter's wedding there Sept 15, 2018 and it was wonderful! Leigh and Lucas made the whole process seamless, from the beginning when we booked until the end of the evening. If you have any questions during the process, Leigh answered right away.
    The venue itself is beautiful. The wedding suites upstairs are spacious and well equipped. There are many areas on the property for the photographer to take great pictures.
    The food was awesome and plenty. We provided the liquor and it was an easy the day of. We just delivered liquor and other decor items after 9am and the employees at the venue took care of everything.
    We would highly recommend the caterer and the venue.

Sent on 09/27/2018

Philander Chase Knox Estate's reply:

Hi Kate! Thank you for this great review!! We're so happy to hear that your daughter's wedding was perfect!! Best wishes to you and to Maggie & Sam!

Lindsay · Married on 09/08/2018

Wow, Robert Ryan knocked it out of the park. From beginning to end & everything in between they were accommodating, responsive, helpful, professional, and a pleasure to work with. The venue is breathtaking, the food is delicious & the staff doesn’t miss a beat. It was a fairytale dream come true!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Philander Chase Knox Estate's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much for this review, Lindsay!! We couldn't be happier to hear that we knocked it out of the park and made your dreams come true!! Best wishes to you and Eric!!

Kelsey · Married on 07/14/2018

We chose the Philander Chase Knox Estate as our reception venue after being a wedding guest there. We fell in love with the venue, but did not know how wonderful the staff would be to us. Leigh was the event coordinator and from day 1 when we visited the venue she was very helpful, quick to respond to emails/calls, and very knowledgable. We requested Luke as our day of coordinator after working with him at our food tasting. He made sure the day ran better than planned and was extremely attentive. PCK gives you the freedom to make the day your own and does not force you into anything. What was better than us being so happy with our day was the compliments from our guests. The food was fresh, delicious and plentiful, the bartenders worked hard to serve the guests as quickly as possible, and the wait staff kept the night moving. We already have and will continue to recommend PCK to our friends and family. There was not one thing we would change from our wedding day!

Sent on 08/24/2018

Philander Chase Knox Estate's reply:

Thank you, Kelsey! This is why we do what we do! We're thrilled your wedding day was perfect! Best wishes to you and Sean!!

Eric · Married on 05/27/2018

We recently had our wedding with Robert Ryan Catering and Design at the Philander Chase Knox Estate and it was a perfect night. Leigh was our event manager and Luke was our day of coordinator, and both of them were incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. With Leigh’s guidance and support, the planning process was seamless and virtually stress-free. Leigh made sure that everything for our big day was perfect. She was incredibly professional and attentive to everything that needed it. Luke was there for us on the day of our wedding, making sure that everything was exactly how we envisioned it. Our guests raved about the wonderful service, delicious food, and beautiful venue. If we were to do it all over again, we would choose Leigh, Luke, and the Robert Ryan Catering Team every single time. If you want a perfectly executed wedding with friendly staff and delicious food then Robert Ryan is the only way to go. They gave us a day we will never forget!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Hi Eric!

Thank you for your kind words! You were a pleasure to work and we couldn't be happier that your wedding day was perfect! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!!

Josh · Married on 05/20/2018

My wife and I searched long and hard to find a location that was both rustic and outdoorsy but also elegant and stately. It wasn’t easy to find one place to tick all these boxes, but we found the perfect venue in Philander Chase Knox. Due to rain we had to go with their “plan b” but we were not disappointed in the least. Knowing that even the “plan b” was completely fantastic is enough for me to recommend this place but the fact that all people on the Robert Ryan and Philander Knox team were flexible and pleasant all along the ride makes it easy to give them my highest recommendation! USE THEM

Sent on 07/25/2018

Katie · Married on 05/11/2018

We looked at 3 venues, this was the only local one and we were in love from the minute we stepped into it and they did not disappoint. Leigh was so responsive to every question or concern I had no matter how big or small. It never seemed to be inconvenient or nonsense to her. From the tasting to the final planning she had great suggestions and went above and beyond and when it came to the day of, we were not disappointed.
    The staff, the food, the atmosphere everything was perfect! Marge was dedicated to me and my husband and she was right behind us every minute. Lisa was our day of coordinator and she never seemed frazzled or overwhelmed! It was amazing. The bartenders were great, the wait staff was out going and polite. It is 3 weeks later and people are still talking about the food and service!
    Once we booked everything I did do some comparisons of the prices and Robert Ryan was definitely the best value for the amount of food, quality of food and the service that we received. Not one person left hungry!
    We had a beautiful day, probably one of the few in May, but if it rained Leigh, Lisa and their team was ready to go.

Sent on 05/27/2018

Jillian · Married on 09/23/2017

I feel so incredibly blessed to have found PCK during our search for a venue. Everything about our experience with Leigh and the team at Robert Ryan was amazing from our initial meeting, to the tasting, to packing up the car at the end of the night!! Not only is this venue one of the most visually stunning venues I have ever seen, but the team at PCK has taken care of every single detail so that you don't have to worry about a thing throughout the entire process. The menu options are extensive, our day of coordinator, Lisa, was exceptional, the staff was friendly and helpful and the team was willing to work with us on all of our crazy requests.

You are CRAZY to not work with PCK. THANK YOU LEIGH & TEAM FOR EVERYTHING. Our wedding was a dream.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Lauren · Married on 08/27/2017

Philander Chase Knox was the most beautiful location that a bride could ask for on her big day. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine my wedding would be as magical and perfect as it was. I have Robert Ryan Catering and all the wonderful people involved to thank. Mr Ryan was the first person we spoke to (we went to the barn on bridge to look at it as a possible venue location), my mother in law (now!) asked Mr Ryan about PCK (Philander Chase Knox) and he bent over backwards to get us a tour on the property that same day! Right when we walked in we knew it was the place we would get married, what a great feeling!!!
    Leigh was wonderful through the whole process and dealt with my panicking moments like a champ. Lisa (our day of coordinator) was calm, caring and super organized, thank God for her, she made my nervousness disappear; my mom even mentioned Lisa by name saying that she was wonderful and that she was so happy that she was there for our big day!
    The top notch service from the waitstaff made Jon and I feel like royalty, we were never thirsty or hungry (which apparently is unheard of at a wedding!). Lisa#2 (one of the wonderful weight staff) was always there offering a drink, which was wonderful for Jon as he loves his IPA's!
    We had so many people coming up to us and telling us that the wedding was the most beautiful and most fun wedding they've ever been to! I couldn't agree more!!

Thank you Ryan family, Leigh, Lisa and the wonderful waitstaff for making 8/27/2017 the best day of our lives!! Can't wait to see all the pictures! Love, Lauren & Jon Sweeney

Sent on 09/06/2017

Philander Chase Knox Estate's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was truly our pleasure to make your wildest dreams come true!! Congratulations & Best wishes to both of you!!

Paul · Married on 08/12/2017

Our wedding day could not have been more perfect. From the very beginning we knew we were in good hands with Leigh. She was fantastic and helped with every detail along the way, She really strived to make this the most stress free process possible. If there was something we wanted to tweak that was not an issue. For example we wanted to change the cheese on our salad and wanted some of our food displayed in a certain way. Without hesitation the answer was absolutely no problem. As for our actual wedding day we truly felt like royalty. Our day of coordinator took care of our every need and was well ahead of most requests we would've had. When the ceremony was over our drink order was waiting for us. Since we took awhile taking our pictures they set up a tray with every Hors d'oeuvre for us to try. The same went for placing one of every dessert on our table while we were up talking to our guests. I cannot say enough good about Robert Ryan Catering and everyone who works for them. On top of the great food and service, Philander Chase Knox Estate is absolutely beautiful. We had many people tell us our wedding was the best they have ever attended. If you are looking for the perfect wedding I highly recommend checking out this venue.

Sent on 08/21/2017

Philander Chase Knox Estate's reply:

Thank you, Paul! We are so happy to hear you felt like royalty on your wedding day. That's how it should be! Congratulations to both of you!!

Brittany · Married on 06/23/2017

We cannot say enough amazing things about Robert Ryan Catering's newest venue! I always knew of the catering company and their excellent reputation for having the best food, but they exceeded everything we thought we knew until we had our wedding here a few weeks ago.

We loved working with Leigh, the event manager from start to finish! She is an amazing asset to the team and helped us out during the entire planning process. We also loved Lisa and Margie during our wedding day, they were so sweet, professional, and really cared about making sure our event went perfectly. I was absolutely blown away when I arrived at the venue and every detail, decoration, and flower was perfectly set up. This venue and catering team really allowed us to feel like the celebration was for us, so I didn't have to be the host to my family, they completely took over and helped us just enjoy the day together!

To the valet service, to the food, to the beautiful historical house, and even the restrooms, our guests could not stop raving of how beautiful this venue was. Everywhere you turned was another perfect photo spot. We could not be happier with the place we picked to get married and recommend anyone looking for the perfect outdoors wedding, to choose this venue!!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Philander Chase Knox Estate's reply:

Thank you so much, Brittany! It was our pleasure to make your wedding day perfect! Best wishes to both of you!!

Caitlin · Married on 06/10/2017

This place was amazing...everything was beautiful, the service and food was great and Leigh is simply the best!! We didn't hire our own wedding coordinator so Leigh became a savior for me...I could not recommend her more! Lisa who was our day of was also great. The food from Robert Ryan was awesome as well...

Sent on 08/23/2018

Alicia · Married on 05/19/2017

Cannot say enough good things about my wedding experience at PCK. From start to finish, working with them was an absolute pleasure. Leigh is amazing to work with during the planning process, very professional and responsive. She never made me feel like I was asking too many questions or sending to many emails, even though I was. The food (Robert Ryan Catering) was unbelievable. I didn't get to enjoy much of it the day of, but during our tasting everything was amazing, and our wedding guests RAVED about the food. Most of them said it was the best wedding food they've had. Setup at the venue was beautiful that day, the day-of coordinator and servers were extremely attentive and polite. Packing our things at the end of the night was done in the blink of an eye, which was something I was concerned that would take a long time and we would miss the after-party, but the staff was super fast and helpful. Beautiful grounds for photos, both inside and out. This venue makes for a very unique wedding, not your cookie cutter venue!! You will not be dissapointed with hosting your event here!!! Thank you!!!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Philander Chase Knox Estate's reply:

Thank you, Alicia! You and Chris were a pleasure to work with and we are so happy to hear that your wedding day was perfect! Congratulations to you both!

Kathleen · Married on 07/24/2016

It is impossible to say too many good things about Robert Ryan Catering and their newest venue, the Philander Chase Knox Estate. My husband and I were married there in July, and every part of our experience was absolutely perfect! From the beginning of the process the Robert Ryan team was professional, informative, flexible, and so much fun to work with. They truly made the wedding planning process a breeze. We worked with Leigh throughout the planning process and Lisa and Wyatt on the wedding day. They all were spectacular. They made us feel like family (my mom actually asked if we had known Wyatt before the wedding...he was THAT good), made sure we had everything we needed, and our guests have not stopped raving about the food, and the expert and personal service they received from the staff! There is absolutely nothing we would have changed about the wedding day, and we have Robert Ryan Catering and the Philander Chase Knox Estate to thank for that! They really thought of everything, and executed every detail perfectly! All we had to do was show up and enjoy every minute of the day! If you are thinking about booking this venue, do it! I promise you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/12/2016

Philander Chase Knox Estate's reply:

Thank you so much for this incredible review! We are thrilled to hear that you had an absolutely perfect wedding experience! We truly enjoyed getting to know you and you were an absolute pleasure to work with!
    All of us at Robert Ryan Catering & Design wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

Nicole · Married on 05/25/2018

My husband and I knew we wanted an outdoor ceremony in a space that was big enough to fit all of our friends and family, but also reminiscent of the Wissahickon trails near our home where we began our relationship, got engaged, and continue to hike with our dog, Nala. Philander Chase Knox was all of that and more! Between the beautiful historic house, gorgeous ceremony space on a pristine lawn with a creek running behind it, and the abandoned green house on the grounds, our guests could not stop raving about how beautiful the space was. Not to mention, our photographers never ran out of beautiful places to take pictures!

During our year and a half long planning process, the venue manager, Leigh, was always so kind and responsive. She never made me feel like any question I had was too small or silly. She worked with us to coordinate multiple trips to the venue so that our families and friends could tour it, if they wanted to, ahead of time. We also loved this venue because it was a one-stop shop for catering, all the tables/chairs/etc, and you have the option to get alcohol through Robert Ryan Catering or save some money and provide your own.

The food day-of was just as delicious as our private tasting, and I actually got to eat because our day-of coordinator, Luke, ensured everything was running smoothly. They even left a plate of all the passed hor d'oeuvres we had missed during cocktail hour on our sweetheart table to enjoy. There are some restrictions given the historic nature of the property (no open flames/sparklers/etc), but nothing that took away from our day at all. If we had to do it all over again (I not so secretly wish we could because it was so great!), we would pick PCK House every time.

Thank you to everyone at Robert Ryan Catering who made our day so special and stress-free!

Sent on 05/30/2018
  • Ali

Ali Deasy · Married on 10/05/2019

Beautiful and Classic

Philander Chase Knox is the most stunning and unique wedding venue - we absolutely loved it. Luckily the weather cooperated and we were able to take advantage of how beautiful the park is for our photos, ceremony and reception. Leigh is great to work with and a calming presence during the stressful planning process and Luke (our day of coordinator) is the BEST. Calm, cool and collected and he made sure the day went exactly according to plan. Can't recommend enough!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Brooke · Married on 05/27/2017

I cannot say enough how happy we were that we held our wedding reception at PCK! We worked a lot with Leigh at the venue and she was so professional and accommodating. The venue's staff the day of the wedding was amazing, everyone was so polite and great with all of our guests! The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous, all of our guests were in awe and couldn't stop talking about how it was the most beautiful venue they've ever seen. The food was delicious, atmosphere was perfect, and our service was impeccable. We just had the best day...thank you PCK!

Sent on 06/10/2017