Petals and Lace Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Cameron E. Married on 11/27/2021

Best wedding coordinator ever!

Karla was an amazing wedding coordinator. She made sure everything went very smoothly on the wedding day and the months leading up to our big day. She made sure everyone was listening and prepared for all of the big events, even the people that were difficult and silly. Karla prepared a very detailed timeline for us and was flexible with all adjustments that we needed to make. If you’re looking for someone to plan your wedding that knows what they’re doing, but also allows you to have input on everything, Karla should be your first choice! She’s awesome and great to work with.
    Cj Buechner Married on 08/21/2021

Karla was awesome!

Karla was great, she was amazing in helping with any issues that surfaced as well as helping handle the groomsman and make sure everything went smoothly. She was great at communicating and even drove 2 hours to come to the venue prior to the event to plan with us. Would recommend her to anyone looking to utilize a wedding coordinator.
    Keni B. Married on 08/21/2021

So amazing!!! Hire Karla!!!!

I don’t even know where to begin.. If you need a wedding coordinator or planner, HIRE KARLA!!! Not only did she help plan and coordinate the most beautiful wedding ever, but she genuinely cares about the people that she works with. I can’t even help but get emotional while writing about how much Karla positively impacted my wedding day. She made sure that every single detail was perfect and took so much stress off of me, my husband, and all of our family members. She goes above and beyond to make sure that your day is absolutely perfect. I truly cannot say enough wonderful things about Karla.

I also want to add- I hired Karla in 2019 when I first started planning my wedding. For many reasons, we ended up postponing our wedding and didn’t get married until 2021. Karla stuck with me the whole time. She’s an incredible planner/coordinator, but she’s also a friend to you while you’re planning your wedding and beyond. My wedding wouldn’t have been the same without Karla and I am so incredibly grateful for her kindness, professionalism, attention to detail, and genuine care for us and our families.
    Riley Married on 08/21/2021

She did a fantastic job! Would highly recommend!

Karla did an incredible job! She was very organized and made sure everything was where it was supposed to be, she even stayed late into the night to make sure everything was taken care of before she left! Would highly recommend!
    Judy Z. Married on 08/21/2021

Karla is the BEST!

Karla was a very big part of my daughter’s wedding being so successful. She was incredible with keeping everything on schedule and making sure everyone knew what was expected of them. Any minor problems that arose were directed to Karla and she took care of it, taking all the stress off the bride, groom and people closest to them. I really can’t say enough good things about her and the wonderful services she provides. I’m very thankful Karla was part of Keni and CJ’s special day ❤️
  • F
    Faith D. Married on 08/07/2021

Very Helpful!

Karla was great for our wedding. She was very organized, communicated with all our vendors for us, and did a great job on making sure my vision happened! We would highly recommend her!
    Baylee M. Married on 08/06/2021

Karla is the best

The thought of having a big wedding was overwhelming to me. I had no idea where to start. Karla was recommended to me by my venue (Blue Bee Cider) and was a Godsend. The venue spoke so highly of her skills and also her price point. She is talented and her services are more affordable than any others I have seen. She listened to what I wanted, made suggestions, took the reigns on contacting vendors and getting quotes, and was incredibly responsive when I had questions throughout the process. She is a true professional and will make all your wedding dreams come true!!
    Casey B. Married on 07/17/2021

Best wedding planner

Karla was an amazing wedding planner. She helped us replan our wedding after COVID affected our first date. She jumped in and helped us find new vendors when needed and our day of was run so smoothly! So thankful to have her with us every step of the way!!
  • Trevor
    Trevor K. Married on 07/10/2021

Wonderful planner for our wedding

We did a wedding in July 2021 in Luray, and Karla was wonderful to work with. She listened carefully to the type of wedding we wanted to organize, and we were impressed with how effortlessly she picked up on our plans and vision. She quickly got in touch with all of our vendors and made sure they had the appropriate details. On the wedding day, she and her colleague had a knack for making each of our party and family members feel engaged and involved, and ensured the details came together perfectly.
  • Kassidy
    Kassidy C. Married on 06/26/2021

Amazing Experience!

Gosh where do I even begin?! Karla did a phenomenal job of helping coordinate our wedding and also setting up and cleaning up. She was more than an extra hand and I can’t appreciate her enough. Karla is very straightforward and knows her stuff when it comes to weddings. She literally took all of the stress off for me and I didn’t even have to lift a single finger. Our wedding would not have been perfect nor what we pictured if it weren’t for her. I mean c’mon she has fanny pack for tissues which definitely came in hand! We love Karla and without her, our wedding day would not have went as we planned and I know that for a fact!
    T. J. Married on 05/28/2021

Excellent!

Karla is fantastic! She is kind and professional and has a calming presence about her. She executed our details beautifully and was very supportive and helpful. Our three teenage daughters were in the bridal party, and Karla made them feel at ease immediately. Now that we are married, it is difficult to imagine our wedding day without Karla. We definitely recommend her and her services.
  • Samantha
    Samantha P. Married on 05/22/2021

Karla was amazing!

My husband and I hired Karla as our Day of Coordinator at Alturia Farm for our May 22, 2021 wedding. She was so easy to work with, so flexible with our schedules, and overall just easy-going while staying very organized and on top of things at the same time. The morning before the wedding she helped us set up everything in the exact way we wanted it. That night, she flawlessly executed our rehearsal dinner and somehow got both of our crazy families and friends to cooperate! She always put my husband and I's interests over EVERYONE else no matter what, and I appreciated that so much! On the day of the wedding, the things that still had to be set up and decorated without me she did perfectly and just how I imagined. Everything flowed super smoothly and she made sure it was always about the bride and groom throughout the night. I would highly recommend hiring Karla if you want someone super easy to work with, but who will also make sure everything gets done and keeps the focus on the bride and groom!
    Melissa T. Married on 04/17/2021

Amazing Planner!

Karla was very helpful through the entire wedding planning process! She made sure our day turned out exactly how we envisioned! She is amazing at her job and we would recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding planner! We couldn’t have done the wedding planning process without her!
    Tina K. Married on 04/10/2021

The PERFECT Wedding Planner

As a Mother of the Bride, you want one thing for your daughter’s wedding day and that is for it to be PERFECT! And it was PERFECT! Karla was AMAZING and went above and beyond in the entire planning process. Even when the June wedding we were planning became an October wedding at a new venue, Karla did not hesitate to make sure we did not stress and rescheduled every vendor. She is exceptional, and I had total confidence in her and knew my daughter’s day would be everything she had dreamed of.

Karla always made sure on our many calls that I was included in the planning discussions and that I was ok and not stressed. She was calm and reassuring when we had to reschedule my daughter’s wedding AND find a new venue. Karla is the reason we held it together and became excited again about our changes. She never faltered in being there when we had questions and always left us feeling calm and stress free.

To say Karla will go the extra mile is an understatement. In addition to the wedding date change and the venue change, the forecast for the wedding day also changed from sunny to 100% chance of rain. AND IT RAINED! This was not a problem for Karla! She stayed in touch with us throughout the day and mid afternoon shared her plan for the outdoor ceremony to be set up under cover and promised my daughter it would be beautiful. We had total confidence it would be!

One and a half hours prior to the ceremony time, Karla returned to us again to tell us she was watching the forecast and saw that the rain was supposed to stop shortly before the ceremony time, and she was going to adjust again and set up the ceremony site back to the original plan-OUTSIDE! I will remember that moment most because I thought WOW there will never be enough words that I can express to Karla to tell her how much that meant to me and my daughter. Thank you Karla for everything you did and for being part of my daughter’s BEST DAY EVER!

Catherine T. Married on 03/20/2021

Fantastic experience. Very attentive to details.

By the time we met Karla in early March of 2020, we had secured all the vendors. I must admit, I was hesitant about hiring a "wedding planner." However, later that month, the world went upside down. Karla was there reassuring us that by next year, things would be "back to normal." LOL!!! By January of 2021, we knew that we were far from "normal". As the restrictions changed, making little sense to the average person, Karla kept us in check. Soon it was wedding month and decisions were made on how to proceed to guarantee that Abbie and Devin had the wedding they wished for and wanted. Karla made it all possible. Wedding day, I was able to enjoy being with Abbie and her bridesmaids, without having to worry about all the other details. We made memories, thanks to her planning and implementing their plans. I would encourage anyone planning a wedding celebration to hire Karla. She is truly a blessing to our family!
  • Samantha
    Samantha F. Married on 11/21/2020

I couldn’t ask for a better coordinator!!

Karla was so awesome and fun to work with! I hired her for a month of coordinator and before the month of my wedding she would reach out to me, ask how I was doing and help me with anything I needed! We spoke over the phone several times and met in person as well. Although the week of my wedding a lot had to change with new orders in place for covid, she communicated with me through the week about a new plan and ideas. She made sure my day felt just as special and beautiful as I always envisioned. She pays attention to your wants and needs as a bride; an example is I wanted to give my father a picture of us saying “out of all the walks we have taken this one is my favorite” unfortunately the frame did not arrive on time and I wasn’t able to put it up at the entrance of the aisle. However Karla came up with the idea of writing the saying on a chalkboard and putting it where I wanted. When I saw it I was SO happy, it looked like it was always suppose to be that. She takes the time to make sure you, as the bride have the day you imagined all these years! Even to the little details! I am so grateful for Karla and everything she did to help my dream wedding come to life! 💗
    Kyle S. Married on 10/16/2020

Exceptional!

Karla was an absolute dream to work with at Seven Springs venue. She reached out to me months beforehand to make sure everything was going to be perfect for our client. The day of the wedding nothing changed, she went above and beyond anyone I had ever had to work with before to make sure everything ran smoothly. Also, if I needed an answer to anything during the ceremony or reception she was easily accessible and helped make my job a lot easier! In closing I would like to say that Karla and Petals and Lace is by far the BEST planner and day of coordinator that I have ever had the pleasure of working with and will always be my first recommendation. Thanks again Karla and hope to work with you again soon!
    Morgan Q. Married on 10/16/2020

Perfection!

I have worked with Karla over the last almost two years planning my wedding. It has been nothing but a JOY to work so closely with her. I hired Karla after our initial meeting not only because of her portfolio, but because of her warm and calm nature. I felt like I had known her my whole life by the end of that meeting. She brought ideas to the table throughout my entire planning process, stood up for me when necessary, and literally saved my wedding when COVID-19 left me without a wedding venue in April for my June wedding. Karla never panicked. She listened to me cry and when I said I was losing hope and would just get married at the courthouse she said "No, you are having your dream wedding. I will make that happen." CHILLS.

Karla made the rescheduling process a breeze. She reached out to every vendor and sent me a few new fall dates to choose from that worked with everyone. She also sent me new venues to go look at that were also available on those dates. Not only did she suggest new venues, but she accompanied us on the tours and every meeting along the way. NONE of this was in my contract with her. Karla was truly invested in making sure our day was exactly what we pictured and went above and beyond to ensure that it was!

Karla and I had monthly calls along the planning process to update each other and make sure we were on the right track. I felt fully prepared and confident that everything would go smoothly on the day of the wedding. The week of my wedding the weather forecast changed from a warm, beautiful sunny day to a cold, rainy day. Karla reached out to me multiple times that week to tell me to remain calm and that it could change. Two days before the wedding we developed a detailed rain plan. On the day of when it was pouring down rain, Karla kept me calm and walked through any tweaks that needed to be made to the rain plan. She checked in on me and kept me updated throughout the morning. The rain stopped about 1.5 hours before my ceremony start time and Karla, the caterer, and venue manager moved mountains to setup for my original plan - my outside dream wedding and not a single detail was missed!

I could go on and on about how amazing Karla is and how easy she made this entire process on me and my family. Karla is a lifesaver and a true angel. My wedding was perfect and exactly what I dreamed it would be. She was always very responsive to any call/text/email. I highly recommend her a million times over. Hire Karla for your wedding - you will not regret it! You will also make a genuine friend in the process! Thank you so so much, Karla!! We couldn't have done it without you!
    Crystal S. Married on 09/11/2020

Impressive

As a guest for my brother-in-law’s wedding, I was extremely impressed with Karla! Her ability to balance friendliness with professionalism while keeping everything running smooth was admirable. She ensured everyone from bridal party to friends were comfortable and confident in all wedding celebrations. She also did a fantastic job bringing to life the beautifully romantic atmosphere for all of the guests to enjoy. I would highly recommend Karla!
    Amanda Married on 09/11/2020

Fabulous!!!

Karla was fantastic!! The event went very smooth and the guests had a wonderful time! Would highly recommend!
  • W
    Whitney W. Married on 08/01/2020

The real MVP

I can’t say enough good things about Karla. She helped with every step of the planning process and made sure to stay in touch along the way. She contacted all of my vendors to make them aware of timelines so I didn’t have to. She honestly made our day perfect and it couldn’t have happened without her. Not only were all of my decorations impeccable but she got everybody to where they needed to be and made sure our day went off without a hitch. She made my vision come true and I’m so thankful that we chose her!
    Lauren C. Married on 07/10/2020

A Perfect Wedding (Planner!!!)

Karla is AMAZING!!! She was so helpful with every stage of planning and I could not have don't it without her! She took all the stress out of planning a wedding so that I could have the best time on our big day! I had absolute trust in her and would recommend her to anyone!
  • Jenny
    Jenny A. Married on 06/20/2020

Best of the best

Karla is above and beyond. My husband and I had a COVID wedding, so we were put through the ups and downs, planning, re-planning, and joys of getting money back from unused vendors. Each step of the way, Karla was with us to advocate and advise. I really don’t know how she stays so calm and prepared. When we felt overwhelmed, she’d gently nudge us to take the next small step. She met us for coffee and was available via text
    /calls at the drop of a hat. Seriously, she is so good. But what makes her over the top is when our Richmond-area farm wedding finally turned into an OBX week... Karla was booking a house to come down to do it all with us, no hesitation!! Everyone needs a Karla in their corner. Don’t pass her up.
  • Julie
    Julie Married on 05/30/2020

Love Petals & Lace

I can not say enough about Karla and Petals & Lace!! She was amazing at navigating through a reschedule due to COVID, managing my vendors leading up to the wedding, setting up and then again cleaning up my immense amount of glass wares and details, and keeping all of the bridal party in line. The day before the wedding, Karla had me feeling calm, even with a potential flash flood, and totally confident in that everything I had planned for almost two years would turn out just the way I had wanted. She was there for every call, question, and concern I had. Not only is she great at what she does but she is also a joy to be around. Hiring Karla was an investment that I am so happy that I made and would recommend to anyone planning a wedding!
    Alyssa D. Married on 05/24/2020

No one better to trust with your wedding day!

Planning a wedding in a state that you don't currently reside can be quite stressful and challenging. I had to put my trust in someone who was able to visualize what I had been imagining for my big day. Karla is that person! She is extremely organized, responsive, and creative. I didn't have much to stress about because I knew she had it under control. She also has worked with many of the Richmond/Charlottesville vendors which helps with the collaboration! Day of, she supported me through the fears of rain and potential indoor ceremony, was able to wrangle together the drunk groomsmen with ease (haha) and managed to make the venue and reception absolutely breathtaking. Highly highly recommend. Thanks again for the unforgettable day!