Petals and Lace Events Reviews

43 | Beaverdam, VA

43 Reviews for Petals and Lace Events

Baylee Mabe · Getting married on 08/06/2021

Karla is the best

The thought of having a big wedding was overwhelming to me. I had no idea where to start. Karla was recommended to me by my venue (Blue Bee Cider) and was a Godsend. The venue spoke so highly of her skills and also her price point. She is talented and her services are more affordable than any others I have seen. She listened to what I wanted, made suggestions, took the reigns on contacting vendors and getting quotes, and was incredibly responsive when I had questions throughout the process. She is a true professional and will make all your wedding dreams come true!!

Sent on 08/30/2020

Amanda · Married on 09/11/2020

Fabulous!!!

Karla was fantastic!! The event went very smooth and the guests had a wonderful time! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/17/2020

Crystal Smith · Married on 09/11/2020

Impressive

As a guest for my brother-in-law’s wedding, I was extremely impressed with Karla! Her ability to balance friendliness with professionalism while keeping everything running smooth was admirable. She ensured everyone from bridal party to friends were comfortable and confident in all wedding celebrations. She also did a fantastic job bringing to life the beautifully romantic atmosphere for all of the guests to enjoy. I would highly recommend Karla!

Sent on 09/21/2020
  • W

Whitney Wooten · Married on 08/01/2020

The real MVP

I can’t say enough good things about Karla. She helped with every step of the planning process and made sure to stay in touch along the way. She contacted all of my vendors to make them aware of timelines so I didn’t have to. She honestly made our day perfect and it couldn’t have happened without her. Not only were all of my decorations impeccable but she got everybody to where they needed to be and made sure our day went off without a hitch. She made my vision come true and I’m so thankful that we chose her!

Sent on 08/08/2020

Lauren Camden · Married on 07/10/2020

A Perfect Wedding (Planner!!!)

Karla is AMAZING!!! She was so helpful with every stage of planning and I could not have don't it without her! She took all the stress out of planning a wedding so that I could have the best time on our big day! I had absolute trust in her and would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Jenny

Jenny Abercrombie · Married on 06/20/2020

Best of the best

Karla is above and beyond. My husband and I had a COVID wedding, so we were put through the ups and downs, planning, re-planning, and joys of getting money back from unused vendors. Each step of the way, Karla was with us to advocate and advise. I really don’t know how she stays so calm and prepared. When we felt overwhelmed, she’d gently nudge us to take the next small step. She met us for coffee and was available via text
    /calls at the drop of a hat. Seriously, she is so good. But what makes her over the top is when our Richmond-area farm wedding finally turned into an OBX week... Karla was booking a house to come down to do it all with us, no hesitation!! Everyone needs a Karla in their corner. Don’t pass her up.

Sent on 08/12/2020
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 05/30/2020

Love Petals & Lace

I can not say enough about Karla and Petals & Lace!! She was amazing at navigating through a reschedule due to COVID, managing my vendors leading up to the wedding, setting up and then again cleaning up my immense amount of glass wares and details, and keeping all of the bridal party in line. The day before the wedding, Karla had me feeling calm, even with a potential flash flood, and totally confident in that everything I had planned for almost two years would turn out just the way I had wanted. She was there for every call, question, and concern I had. Not only is she great at what she does but she is also a joy to be around. Hiring Karla was an investment that I am so happy that I made and would recommend to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 09/14/2020

Alyssa Deiters · Married on 05/24/2020

No one better to trust with your wedding day!

Planning a wedding in a state that you don't currently reside can be quite stressful and challenging. I had to put my trust in someone who was able to visualize what I had been imagining for my big day. Karla is that person! She is extremely organized, responsive, and creative. I didn't have much to stress about because I knew she had it under control. She also has worked with many of the Richmond/Charlottesville vendors which helps with the collaboration! Day of, she supported me through the fears of rain and potential indoor ceremony, was able to wrangle together the drunk groomsmen with ease (haha) and managed to make the venue and reception absolutely breathtaking. Highly highly recommend. Thanks again for the unforgettable day!

Sent on 09/07/2020

Serena Hare · Married on 04/04/2020

Seamlessly amazing

Where do I even begin?! Karla was nothing short from amazing every since I first spoke to her nearly a year ago. you see, my wedding was originally scheduled for April 4, 2020. However, like many couples, we had to push our wedding back due to the pandemic. Karla literally had everything lined up within a day of deciding our new wedding date. She took so much pressure off of my mom & I during this entire process. She truly made herself available from START TO FINISH!

Fast forward 5 months and Karla REALLY handled the day flawlessly. She wouldn't allow me to lift a finger when it came to small details & was unrattled when I sprang some last minute decisions/changes on her the day of. I really cannot say enough about Karla. She was always there to help and was truly a guiding light during this entire process. Thank you so, so much, Karla!

Sent on 09/23/2020

Cindy Hare · Married on 04/04/2020

Great help

During theses difficult times Karla was a great help to reschedule the wedding and to be sure the event was wonderful!

Sent on 09/24/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah Meigs · Married on 03/14/2020

Magical day thanks to you!!!

Karla was so awesome! She was supportive and detail oriented! She gave her opinion which was very helpful to me! She always listened and was always available for me! Loved getting to know her throughout the wedding planning process

Sent on 03/18/2020

Cynthia Dante · Married on 01/25/2020

Amanda was excellent, very friendly and responsible.

We were really lucky to have found Karla.
    She was very friendly and pleasant.
    She took over all the tasks of dealing with the various vendors and organizing everything for the big day almost a month ahead of the day.
    She did see to all the details on the wedding day leaving me-the mother of the bride to relax and enjoy. She was always available to talk to and was good with suggestions. She was much more than a right hand.
    Thanks Karla.

Sent on 02/14/2020
  • Heather

Heather Dixon · Married on 12/14/2019

Amazing!

I really don’t know how our wedding day would have succeeded without her. She took all the worry of making the timeline and table arrangement from me and even adjusted when I asked for something extra to be placed in. Not to mention the day before, when I showed up with all the decorations, I barely lifted a finger and she had me leaving the venue by noon so I could relax a little before rehearsal. She made suggestions but listened to everything I wanted. The day of the wedding she showed up on site and immediately started handling the last minute details while I was getting ready. She made sure I didn’t feel the weight of the day by taking it off my shoulders. Karla made sure the timeline stayed on track and all the vendors arrived and left at their appropriate times. And afterwards, she took care of the packing up so my husband and I could have our night together. I really can’t say enough how much she did to make our day awesome. I truly believe the day would not have gone smoothly without her.

Sent on 12/18/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 06/01/2019

No planner like Karla!

Karla is phenomenal! She goes above and beyond to get to know you, understand your vision, help with creating (and sticking to) your budget and helping your dream wedding happen! Our first meet and greet, before even booking her, she spent an hour with me getting to know me to see if we would be a good fit together. From that day forward, I knew she was the only planner for me! I am so glad to have her! You don’t want to plan your wedding without her!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Petals and Lace Events's reply:

Thank you so much Kelsey!! Really looking forward to your day and making it a dream come true! Your vision is beautiful and is going to come together so nicely!

Rebekah Hammer · Married on 05/19/2019

The best planner out there!!

I cannot recommend Karla highly enough!! She was the planner for my wedding in May 2019, and she was truly one of the best vendors we used. She handled everything and really took a lot of the stress out of planning a wedding. Even when things came up a couple days before the wedding, Karla just took it all in stride and took care of everything. She is kind, personable, easy to talk to, funny, and she is such a calming presence. Not to mention, she is extremely positive, bubbly, and upbeat! Just knowing that I had Karla on my team made me feel better when I got overwhelmed. I am not someone who is pleased particularly easily, and I was beyond pleased with Karla from the second I hired her all the way through the end of the wedding day. Communication with Karla was a breeze, and she always responded to texts, emails, etc. extremely quickly. Karla also made sure every aspect of my wedding day ran smoothly and easily. She kept the day moving without making anyone feel rushed. She completely decorated everything at our venue (Alturia Farm) while I was getting ready, and everything was beautiful and perfect. Karla is one of those people who puts her all into everything she does for her clients, and she is someone you can trust wholeheartedly with one of the most important days of your life. Thank you, Karla, for the amazing service!!

Sent on 07/12/2019
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 05/11/2019

Absolute perfection

Oh, Karla! Needless to say, my husband and I’s wedding day would not have been as amazing as it was without Petals & Lace Events. From the first time we met Karla, we knew that she was the most hardworking, kind, and patient wedding planner. She truly cares about her couples and ensuring that every single detail of their wedding is absolute perfection. Never once did I feel stressed about my wedding day, because Karla has so much knowledge when it comes to affordable vendors and she truly goes out of her way to take care of anything and everything that we needed - from the countless emails, phone calls, and tex messages - Karla can be trusted throughout the whole entire process. My husband and I are beyond grateful for all of the hard work Karla put in to making our day so very special. Not only will you hire a wedding planner, but you will build an amazing friendship with Karla!

Sent on 06/30/2019

Mom Miglionico · Married on 11/04/2018

Could not have done it without her!

We couldn’t be more pleased with the professionalism and attention to detail!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Mackenzie Smith · Married on 11/04/2018

Amazing and Professional

Karla was absolutely amazing to work with. She was very professional and quick to respond. She was quick to come up with solutions to problems that would arise. I can't wait to work with her again. I highly recommend Petals and Lace!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Cameron · Married on 11/04/2018

Couldn’t Have Asked For Any Better

So i actually have been to two weddings that were planned by Petals and Lace. Both of them were very beautiful but from the bride and grooms stand point and hearing what they had to say about their special day, Carla did amazing job. The couples explained how they wanted it and what they envisioned, and like an artist she painted them the perfect picture weddings. She has an amazing talent and gift for this and would highly recommend to any couple wanting the best for their day.

Sent on 12/12/2018

Erin Clem · Married on 10/13/2018

Best planner ever!

Karla is just flat out awesome. Any issue that came up, she had a solution. From the first time we met with her until our final send off, she was there every step of the way to make sure our big day was perfect. If we could give her 10 stars we would!

Sent on 11/03/2018
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/07/2018

Absolutely amazing with attention to details and the desired design of bride and groom!

Karla was absolutely amazing and made our dream wedding come true! Her attention to detail and focus on us (the bride and groom) was more than we could ask for! We highly recommend her for your next special day!!!! Thank you!!

Sent on 10/16/2018
  • j78963

Julianne · Married on 10/06/2018

Karla is the best.

That’s all you need to know. She kept us organized and on track so we could focus on life instead of putting everything else on hold to plan the wedding. On the day of, she was a calming presence as she guided us and the bridal party throughout the day. I wish Karla could manage my whole life for me.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Molly · Married on 09/29/2018

Petals & Lace Events is fabulous! I cannot say enough great things about Karla! She was highly organized, quickly responsive to my emails and calls, and paid great attention to detail. Karla is friendly and compassionate and really helped my vision come true. She even went out of her way to attend one of my dress alteration appointments since I wasn’t getting what I wanted, which I will be forever grateful for. Her love and passion for weddings and making her brides feel special is evident in all she does. My family and I highly recommend Petals & Lace Events for all of your wedding planning needs.

Sent on 10/13/2018
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 09/08/2018

I could not say enough great things about Karla! She was so helpful with the entire process and knows the business like the back of her hand. We had several in person meetings and phone chats to make sure we were on track with everything. I could text her whenever I needed and she responded so quickly. She went on vacation the week before our wedding and made sure I knew that I could communicate with her if I needed something...thats true passion. It really felt like we were her only clients from start to finish. She had great vendor recommendations, gave great advice when needed, and was especially helpful on wedding day. She kept everything running smoothly and made everything so easy for us. I didn't have a single worry on wedding day because her taste is incredible and I fully trusted her judgement. She is so easy to work with and kept everyone in line. She wasn't afraid to stand up to someone if they weren't acting right, which was weight off my shoulders! She kept everything on schedule and made sure I was breathing (which was needed). My vision truly took shape all because of her and her team. She also made it a point to make sure she knew who we are as people and loved our baby boy. She wanted to be his best friend! Our ring bearer was our son and we totally forgot his outfit for wedding day and she handled the situation like a true professional. His outfit was there! I don't know how she did it, but I could not be more grateful for you, Karla. You are so sweet and all of our guests raved about you. Hire Petals & Lace for your wedding!!! They will make your day more special than you ever dreamed. We couldn't have done it without you!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Courtney · Married on 08/18/2018

Having a Day-Of Coordinator is a must for your wedding day, but having Karla is the BEST. I could not have picked a better gal to handle each detail that occurred on the day-of and month-of my Wedding Day. Karla, business owner of Petals and Lace Events, met with me in-person ~3-4 times prior to my wedding, and spoke on the phone with me many times leading up to the big day. If she could tell I was feeling stressed via text message, she called me to smooth things out and alleviated that stress. Her years of experience were valuable to bounce ideas off of for anything--deciding how much to decorate, do you really need those extra lights, and how to handle things that go wrong at the last minute. The DAY BEFORE my wedding, my catering company refused to set up tables and chairs although negotiated prior to wedding day. Regardless of whatever miscommunication occurred for this to happen, Karla set up 20+ tables and chairs, AND moved 200+ chairs from ceremony to reception site without me having to worry a bit over this mishap. Karla's professionalism and integrity assured me that I could trust her to make everything happen. Karla was a gem to work with, very reasonably charges for her services, and respectfully makes all things happen your way. Hire Petals and Lace and your stress will immediately decrease after your first conversation with Karla.

Sent on 09/04/2018